Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694857 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AmALeo: 9:07am On Jun 04, 2017
biikeys:

You GRE and TOEFL scores...especially GRE, would determine where you should apply to. Concentrate on those first. That being said, your list has mostly top schools. I would add maybe two average/safe schools to that.
Thanks​ for the response, pls hope you don't mind suggesting some average/safe school with very good fundings.
Thanks again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AmALeo: 9:15am On Jun 04, 2017
femi321:
First and foremost, you see all the schools I bolded, they are highly ranked schools, so applying to 6 top schools out of 7 applications is a NO NO. God forbid even with a GRE score of 325, you can get rejected from all 7 schools. All these top schools have applicants from India, China etc with close to perfect GRE score, Research experience and perfect GPA, so its highly competitive. In summary you need to go back and do your research well,spread your risk and plan to apply to 2 top schools, 2 moderate and 2 safe schools. You can start with this website www.msinus.com, http://www.msinus.com/content/how-select-universities-ms-us-534/ download the ebook on the site at the top right corner. The ebook gives you direct links to articles and web pages that will be very useful to you. Delete your whatapp number, you don't need to. When you have any question come back here and ask.
Thanks boss, God bless. Will modify ASAP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2017
texrem:

Carry-on bags... I am not sure now. But when i was coming down then. i have my cream and perfume in my carry-on bag. That was then...i dont know for now..

Things don change since.... the no liquid is taken seriously
@Jesusbabygirl
Now cream and perfumes will go in the dust bin if put in carry on bags .... That a big no no for liquid items . Liquids items should now be in checked bags only . Also for some flights laptops have joined the no no for carry on hand luggage
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by titoakala: 9:47am On Jun 04, 2017
Pls anyone here that applied to Cleveland state university, Ferris state university and eastern Illinois?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gspeed360: 10:02am On Jun 04, 2017
Hello, please anyone applied to or in UHV please!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by log1(m): 10:07am On Jun 04, 2017
LagosismyHome:

@Jesusbabygirl
Now cream and perfumes will go in the dust bin if put in carry on bags .... That a big no no for liquid items . Liquids items should now be in checked bags only . Also for some flights laptops have joined the no no for carry on hand luggage

This post shows our lagosismyhome is safe. #LondonBridgeAttack #ThankGod
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dephilosopher: 10:16am On Jun 04, 2017
pls i am trying to pay my app fee for eastern Tennessee university but i am getting my card can not be validated response. i am using first bank master card. pls what else can i do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by log1(m): 10:36am On Jun 04, 2017
dephilosopher:
pls i am trying to pay my app fee for eastern Tennessee university but i am getting my card can not be validated response. i am using first bank master card. pls what else can i do

FBN has blocked international transaction on their cards. You can only use Access, GTB, UBA and FCMB cards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:39am On Jun 04, 2017
log1:

This post shows our lagosismyhome is safe. #LondonBridgeAttack #ThankGod

Thanks ooo... yes i am safe

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dephilosopher: 10:46am On Jun 04, 2017
Thank u so much. pls do u know how much is equivalent of dollar to naira now.
log1:

FBN has blocked international transaction on their cards. You can only use Access, GTB, UBA and FCMB cards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by log1(m): 10:58am On Jun 04, 2017
dephilosopher:
Thank u so much. pls do u know how much is equivalent of dollar to naira now.

Access Bank is stable at 375/$ but GTB varies from 380 to 400/$. Visit abokifx.com for current exchange rate on cards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 11:11am On Jun 04, 2017
electronic:

Justwise
imperiouxx
Bigfrancis
slimmy2005
Walspring
Texrem
pgiddy
Ojap
Nobody
towbaynah
Lagosismyhome zeezahbee MsNas cool
Renewable0216
Onlypatt!!
joeluv
sirRiddy
Mayflowa
OluDare01
Texrem
djmakson
Icool
Motoshor
Helkayklassic
seeker88
amanze15
Mekurexx

The list is Endless....
i am truly grateful for all the support from you guys.
i am confident that all the peeps here still working on their application would share their good News in Due time... cool
Not until this Fall 2017 application cycle, I used to think that you are already in the US, maybe because of your knowledge and contributions in here.

Boss! You've finally achieved that milestone. This is just the beginning of greater things that will come your way....I wish you ALL d BEST in America. Cheers man!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by lola234(f): 11:56am On Jun 04, 2017
I got accepted for Msc Computer Science but I couldn't secure a GA with the department so I applied for GA at recreational sport office for Fitness Graduate Assistant and I have been scheduled for a Skype interview. Please what questions will likely be asked also I don't have experience in fitness stuff, I have never been to gym centre. Please I don't want to lose this opportunity. embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 12:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
LagosismyHome:

@Jesusbabygirl
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 12:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
Walspring:

Lol... How that area? Hoping to show soon

Okay baba... I'll be expecting you sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
Congrats Toakins and electronic. Who's this Mazi guy? He must have really created a scene there.
@Toakins, did you receive funding and was this mentioned in the interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by zeezahbee(f): 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2017
electronic:
[b]

The list is Endless....
i am truly grateful for all the support from you guys.
i am confident that all the peeps here still working on their application would share their good News in Due time... cool
Congrats bro. I wish you all the very best. God bless .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by elmogaji(m): 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
femi321:
First and foremost, you see all the schools I bolded, they are highly ranked schools, so applying to 6 top schools out of 7 applications is a NO NO. God forbid even with a GRE score of 325, you can get rejected from all 7 schools. All these top schools have applicants from India, China etc with close to perfect GRE score, Research experience and perfect GPA, so its highly competitive. In summary you need to go back and do your research well,spread your risk and plan to apply to 2 top schools, 2 moderate and 2 safe schools. You can start with this website www.msinus.com, http://www.msinus.com/content/how-select-universities-ms-us-534/ download the ebook on the site at the top right corner. The ebook gives you direct links to articles and web pages that will be very useful to you. Delete your whatapp number, you don't need to. When you have any question come back here and ask.

please where can i pay SEVIS FEE and how much is d fee please!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
seeker88:

Not until this Fall 2017 application cycle, I used to think that you are already in the US, maybe because of your knowledge and contributions in here.

Boss! You've finally achieved that milestone. This is just the beginning of greater things that will come your way....I wish you ALL d BEST in America. Cheers man!
Thanks Boss
All Glory to God...
We are forever learning.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 1:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
lola234:
I got accepted for Msc Computer Science but I couldn't secure a GA with the department so I applied for GA at recreational sport office for Fitness Graduate Assistant and I have been scheduled for a Skype interview. Please what questions will likely be asked also I don't have experience in fitness stuff, I have never been to gym centre. Please I don't want to lose this opportunity. embarassed
Just go online and carry out some small research. Use YouTube to get a feel.
Speak well to impress them and talk about any sport related job you have done. Let them know you can motivate and inspire people to be fit.
Best of luck!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 1:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
omoba26:
Good day great minds,

Please which university can I apply too that those not required GRE or TOFEL. I am planning to apply from here in the state and do a change of status.
you can apply to Murray State University
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ukrsc: 2:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
Any body applying to Montgomery college fall session
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Toakins: 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
234ng44uk:
Congrats Toakins and electronic. Who's this Mazi guy? He must have really created a scene there.
@Toakins, did you receive funding and was this mentioned in the interview?

He created a scene and he got the visa. Yes It's funded and I asked during the interview (my last question though because I asked three questions).

electronic:

That MAZI taught me a small life lesson ; Never say Never.
Congrats Man!!!
That Window 6 man was cool he only gave Blue paper to peeps who were not prepared..
Once you have a grip of why you are going to US he brings out White Paper...
Honestly a lot of people were caught off guard...

Yes o.. the Mazi was oozing confidence. Yeah the window 6 guy was cool and attentive but It's God's grace o. Congratulations too @ electronic and I am a She smiley.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
one of my friend has been expecting is i20 sent from his brother through USPS since 12th of may, but when he track it he w
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
one of my friend has been expecting is i20 sent from his brother through USPS since 12th of may, but when he tracked it the transcript has reached Nigeria 23rd of may but up till now he has not received any call from any Nipost office. the guy Just they panic, well I told him he need to be patient, am just wondering what could have been the ca
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 2:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
one of my friend has been expecting is i20 sent from his brother through USPS since 12th of may, but when he tracked it the transcript has reached Nigeria 23rd of may but up till now he has not received any call from any Nipost office. the guy Just they panic, well I told him he need to be patient, am just wondering what could have been the cause and I was the one that advised him to send the documents through USPS due to the cheap cost... No b small tin ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 2:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
No-one is even attending my school on here... cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 2:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
Tunnyz:
No-one is even attending my school on here... cry
grin
Don't mind them na so so ETSU..... angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tolutweety(m): 2:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
lola234:

_Check out some online videos on fitness and body building and learn a little about it.
_Know some terminologies used by the trainers.
_Be able to convince the interviewer you can motivate and inspire people. A case scenario might be useful here.
_Speak confidently.
_you will be fine!

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.