Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,611 members, 7,816,512 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695624 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by temi4fash(m): 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2017
Walspring:

Prayer can do all the things that God is able to do and somebody have said God does nothing but by prayer and everything.

As powerful as payer is, a situation may a rise where is now too late to pray.

Hmmm, May God help us
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
Summer is good, thanks. I hope you are doing okay yourself?
OluDare01:
SirRiddy I hail o.
Hope you're having a great summer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phdmscbsc: 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2017
congratulations,
how do you do the mock interview, i need an interview, link me up please!

blacnewton:
Visa Approved! 6.30am Transcript.

So I stayed in one of the hotels mentioned here: Semi Ramis on Hawley Street, Obalende. Room is ₦4.5k with A/C

Couldn't sleep, was just singing praises and asking God for favor (I need to stress this part)

Left the hotel around 4.30am, dropped my phone with the hotel receptionist.

Got to Walter Carrington around 4.45am. I was the first person there. I just started gisting with the MOPOL Officers there.

The whole process started around 6am

I was the second on the queue. The lady in front of me went to a white lady, while the Chinese guy called me.

VO: Pass me your i-20 and Intl Passport (no good morning orishirishi)
I passed the docs.

VO: How did you get to know about the school?

Me: My cousin, who is an alumna of the school strongly recommend it and I also checked collegefutureboard and common app to see if the school meets my career goals.

VO: You are 24, why are you just going for your BSC?

Me: Upon graduation from Sec School in 2008, I did an OND in computer science for two years and a compulsory one year internship where I worked as a Data Entry Personnel. Then I went ahead to do an HND in the same course for two years. I later enrolled in computer school for a year and took my SAT in between.

VO: Why are there so many inconsistencies in your story? You just kept skipping programs, you didn't finish any. How am I sure you are going to finish your program?

Me: I did finish. Diplomas are not longer than 2 years and I did two before I went to Computer school?

VO: What's the name of the computer school?

Me: *I just went blank*

Me: The computer school is in Lagos.

VO: What is your major?

Me: Information Technology.

VO: How sure am I that you will come back? What will you be doing after the program?

Me: I intend working in a top tech company in Nigeria as a world class software developer, because we have just a few software developers in the country and I want to bridge that gap by becoming a solution provider.

VO: Be honest with me. Did you work at all? Just be honest.

Me: Yes I did, but they were volunteer jobs and I wasn't paid for those gigs so I didn't include it on my DS 160.

VO: Enjoy your stay in the US.

Me: What??

VO: I said Enjoy your stay in the US.

I really benefited from all the transcripts dropped here. At some point I wanted to scream "any Nairalander in the house?" but fear no gree me.

Please and Please try to do a mock interviews before your appointment.

Pray too biko. I was just favored by God today. My voice just dey shake.

Special thanks to @texrem and @Adewotired.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ok I Wld.
oveestreet:

Yes i think so.. Was actually asking for a friend. Im sure he would like to connect with you. Pls PM your phone num if you dont mind. Thanks so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
biikeys:

Agent who is a professor grin grin

When there is no title for professor to receive again then he turned to admission agent.

What a wonderful honorary degree gringringrin

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
Chapecoense:

That one weak me...

Lol. It weaken me here and is like dey hustle too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Fatezee(f): 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2017
Walspring:

When there is no title for professor to receive again then he turned to admission agent. gringringrin

Lmao angry grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2017
PabloTrinity:

Thanks alot, this is very useful. With respect to your query, the person who paid for me used MO, out of his volition.

Let's give the thanks to God

MO is allowed as well and just that it takes days for it to be confirmed and upload receipt online
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2017
temi4fash:

Hmmm, May God help us

Amen ooo

God has always be our help in ages past.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2017
thibcyrain:
Hello guys!!!
I have been here long before and back again to strike. I applied back in 2013 undergrad but got denied. I wish to apply for MSC electrical. I have a good grade now.

I plan to apply to about 10 schools, but unfortunately transcript in my university cost -#20k. This means to apply to 10 schools it will cost me 200k, whilst local transcript cost just #7k. Is it possible for me to apply for the local transcript,send to a known co-cooperate address I currently work and then send directly to the universities I wish to apply. What is the implication. Thank you guys
10 schools Bros your. blood they hot oh ...if VO here this one dey gatz give you award oh grin grin
good luck sha!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
boykas:

Okay... Let me try to explain to you.. In 2011 I got an admission to Dickinson state University and was denied 4 consecutive times and to be honest with you I was discouraged and since then I never go back to school cuz I lost everything in traveling..

During those period I did my SAT which cost me 50,000 then, I still have the result including the SEVIS fees I paid.

I know how to convince the Vo if they ask me what have I been doing since then.. But I can't get admission for the past one month now.. Have been trying to get it but it seems difficult.. If you can help me with the procedure.. I will be happy thanks

I got confused with your post, you said you got admitted with a school before but delayed in 2011 but now you finding it difficult to get admission and get admitted to a school

If I may ask, how do you get the admission in 2011 because the same pattern even though there is slight changes.

I guess something is wrong somewhere with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
sirRiddy:
Summer is good, thanks. I hope you are doing okay yourself?
Good to hear.
Yeah! I am doing great,thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
shinebamo:
hello people, am a newbie to the visa thing. would want you guys to put me through on the steps and types of visa i can apply for.

Go and read previous part of this thread and you will get answers to this and more knowledge as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 6:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
You see his story isn't coherent
@bold grin grin grin grin
Walspring:

I got confused with your post, you said you got admitted with a school before but delayed in 2011 but now you finding it difficult to get admission and get admitted to a school

If I may ask, how do you get the admission in 2011 because the same pattern even though there is slight changes.

I guess something is wrong somewhere with you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2017
Lamexx:
I want to know the answer to an interview question like "What is your study plan?". I have been cracking my brain on the answer but cannot come up with something convincing. Lagosismyhome, Happyday, Walspring, sirRiddy your brother needs help. My interview is fast approaching.

stop wasting your time to crack your read, is better you read previous part of this thread and you get more insight on this.

Maybe you don't understand what study plans means and that's why you having issues and cracking your head abi

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
OluDare01:
@bold grin grin grin grin

Exactly!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2017
OluDare01:
lol
This guy has an MSc in savagery grin

But to be frank, I don't know how a student won't have a study plan. You folks on this thread just make person weak

Some people have but they don't understand what it means or maybe the grammar too much for them to comprehend

Make God helps us all.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 6:07pm On Jun 12, 2017
OluDare01:
I told you guys from his first post.
initialy he was asking how he can get a visa to go and visit a black American female friend and all of a sudden he wants to go and study in the states #WehdoneSir This your story no dey haddup boykas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2017
VisaOfficer:

We see this type of "student" all the time. They don't usually get to America.

Regards,
VO

This is not a joke at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2017
Remmyplan:
Hi Guys, Please I need TOFEL and GRE study material. my email is remmyplans@yahoo.com
Thanks & God Bless.

Materials sent!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:15pm On Jun 12, 2017
blacnewton:
Visa Approved! 6.30am Transcript.

So I stayed in one of the hotels mentioned here: Semi Ramis on Hawley Street, Obalende. Room is ₦4.5k with A/C

Couldn't sleep, was just singing praises and asking God for favor (I need to stress this part)

Left the hotel around 4.30am, dropped my phone with the hotel receptionist.

Got to Walter Carrington around 4.45am. I was the first person there. I just started gisting with the MOPOL Officers there.

The whole process started around 6am

I was the second on the queue. The lady in front of me went to a white lady, while the Chinese guy called me.

VO: Pass me your i-20 and Intl Passport (no good morning orishirishi)
I passed the docs.

VO: How did you get to know about the school?

Me: My cousin, who is an alumna of the school strongly recommend it and I also checked collegefutureboard and common app to see if the school meets my career goals.

VO: You are 24, why are you just going for your BSC?

Me: Upon graduation from Sec School in 2008, I did an OND in computer science for two years and a compulsory one year internship where I worked as a Data Entry Personnel. Then I went ahead to do an HND in the same course for two years. I later enrolled in computer school for a year and took my SAT in between.

VO: Why are there so many inconsistencies in your story? You just kept skipping programs, you didn't finish any. How am I sure you are going to finish your program?

Me: I did finish. Diplomas are not longer than 2 years and I did two before I went to Computer school?

Me: *I just went blank*

Me: The computer school is in Lagos.

VO: What is your major?

Me: Information Technology.

VO: How sure am I that you will come back? What will you be doing after the program?

Me: I intend working in a top tech company in Nigeria as a world class software developer, because we have just a few software developers in the country and I want to bridge that gap by becoming a solution provider.

VO: Be honest with me. Did you work at all? Just be honest.

Me: Yes I did, but they were volunteer jobs and I wasn't paid for those gigs so I didn't include it on my DS 160.

VO: Enjoy your stay in the US.

Me: What??

VO: I said Enjoy your stay in the US.

I really benefited from all the transcripts dropped here. At some point I wanted to scream "any Nairalander in the house?" but fear no gree me.

Please and Please try to do a mock interviews before your appointment.

Pray too biko. I was just favored by God today. My voice just dey shake.

Special thanks to @texrem and @Adewotired.

Congrats but you should have said the truth there because God is watching you ooo.

No mind me just kidding oo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:22pm On Jun 12, 2017
LagosismyHome:

O boy this one na Jamb all over again... Vo Kilode ? grin

Congrats . GOD bless your new journey and make your path towards residency a sucess. Amen

Post jamb question dey there too gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:25pm On Jun 12, 2017
electronic:

Matter have reach Head Quarters
grin

White House gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 6:28pm On Jun 12, 2017
Joan011:
please this question just came to mind,and i need an answer. If i have been offered admission to quite a number of schools and i got my visa approved for (school A) but i later decided to attend (school B) does that in any way affect my approved visa

Yep. Your f1 visa has the name of your school on it. You must attend that school (at least until you formally transfer to another), else you would be considered to be out of status.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
Walspring:

White House gringringrin
VO be feeling like a CIA something...
lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:42pm On Jun 12, 2017
thibcyrain:
Hello guys!!!
I have been here long before and back again to strike. I applied back in 2013 undergrad but got denied. I wish to apply for MSC electrical. I have a good grade now.

I plan to apply to about 10 schools, but unfortunately transcript in my university cost -#20k. This means to apply to 10 schools it will cost me 200k, whilst local transcript cost just #7k. Is it possible for me to apply for the local transcript,send to a known co-cooperate address I currently work and then send directly to the universities I wish to apply. What is the implication. Thank you guys

Must you apply to 10 schools?

I hope you is not because you read a success transcript of someone who told the VO that he applied to 10 schools and you want to do copy cat.

Anyway if yo evaluated your transcript and send to 10 schools you will spend less than 150k if my calculation is not wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Biggy911(m): 6:42pm On Jun 12, 2017

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oveestreet: 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2017
anodebeanthony:
Congratulations

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2017
Teedawg:

I told you guys from his first post.
initialy he was asking how he can get a visa to go and visit a black American female friend and all of a sudden he wants to go and study in the states #WehdoneSir This your story no dey haddup boykas
Shift make I faint

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mudi1012: 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
Congrats bro ...God's Grace and Mercy is always suffficient ...Trumpland loading ...50% grin grin
laurelxy:
Visa approved, 7am, lagos
The journey has been very stressful for me, I started following this page when I applied for my visa about a week ago. I made a mistake on my DS 160 form, in the part where I was asked who is paying for the trip.,i thought it meant who is paying for the flight,I chose self, I later got to know it meant who is sponsoring you and I mistakenly also filled the part that said native name, which I ought to have ticked, don't apply. I had to cancel the appointment fill another one and thank God, they were still spaces available for today.
Fast forward to today, I stayed with a friend of mine at onikan, I slept early after praying woke around 4am,prayed cos I was scared of being denied and prayed over my documents and couldn't sleep back. I left for embassy and got to see all those touts but thank God for nairaland, just spoke within myself, u guys can't deceive me. Got to the embassy and saw a crowd, men I was scared. Did all the biometrics and screening,. 3 VO's were interviewing, a fine pretty young white lady, a Chinese guy and another white guy, the Chinese guy approved the first 3, the white approved 2 denied one, while the pretty lady denied 3,she was just issuing blue form,. I was just praying Pls God favor me ooo, my color is white ooo. I was directed to this pretty lady and the guy she was interviewing was going for visit visa to his wife in the hospital, however she does not bear the same surname with the guy, the guy wanted to present marriage certificate but she no gree look am, blue form immediately, Na so this guy started crying, men I felt for him, but I thought he should have prepared an ans for the vo. Making it 5 denials before my own
Too much talk
My transcript as follows
Me: good morning
Vo: good morning

Me: passed my documents, passport, i-20,sevis
Vo:where are u going to
Me:usa
Vo: I meant which uni
Me: oh, Western Illinois University

Vo:how do you come to know about this school
Me: a senior colleague of mine recommended the school and I also did an extensive research on the Internet via Google.,usnews.com,and princeton

Vo:where do you work(ds-160 stuff)
Me:I work at ***** Hospital, my roles include attending to medical and surgical patients, and I also assist in the laboratory to run some tests

Vo: what's your job title
Me: medical officer

Vo: you are a medical doctor, how come you are going for masters in biology. Looking at my 1-20
Me:actually I am going for masters in molecular biology,

Vo:why molecular biology
Me: I picked up special interest in molecular bio, while in medical school, and due to the paucity of molecular biologist in the country, I planned to pursue further studies in it for research basis.

Vo:when and were did u gtaduate
Me:I graduated from bleep University in 2014

Vo:so uve being working in bleep University since graduation (DS 160 stuff)
Me:did my medical internship in bleep Hospital and worked in a bleep hospital for 10 months before resigning and currently working in this bleep hospital

Vo:For how long have u been working for bleep Hospital
Me: November this year would make it a year, couldn't Calc the number of months in my head

Vo: what is D differences between mitosis and meiosis
Me:smiling, they are both cellular divisions occurring in the body, mitosis maintains the same number of chromosomes after division while meiosis maintains half the number of chromosomes and occurs in the gonads

Vo:mention 5 organ systems
Me: cardiovascular involving heart, neurology involving brain, reproductive involving genitals, nephrology involving kidneys,.... Cuts in, while nodding all this while

Vo: what would you do with molecular biology
Me:I want to apply for my medical residency program and it would increase my chances of being accepted

Vo:are u married
Me yes
Vo: any kids
Me yes, one
Vo: who would take care of them when u go
Me:my wife is a microbiologist and works at bleep and she's ok

Vo: who is sponsoring you
Me:my dad
Vo: what does he do?
Me: works in bleep Institute in Abuja, and the ceo of bleep printing and publishing company.

Vo:types very fast..... was thinking in my mind, no give me blue color though my favorite color, but I am team white today, u can come pick ur visa at vi, is that where u chose,
Me yes ma, God bless you so much.
No documents asked

Tips: as usual prayer, be confident and don't look or sound too desperate, those who were denied some showed too much desperation,.
Thanks for these thread, I have been a silent follower of this page.
Stay Blessed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
Biggy911:
Dear GURUS,

I have a Skype Interview for a GA that i applied (Assistant Resident Director - Fall 2017). The GA will give me full tuition waiver and very attractive stipends.

Please who can guide me on the dos and don'ts of a Skype Interview in this aspect and what are the likely questions to be asked. GUIDE A BROTHER PLEASE

Thank you,
Get a good internet.
Go read about the job description. From my understanding,you'd act like a porter in the dorm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.