Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695496 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:52pm On Jun 12, 2017
BigBUMBUM:
please some documents wer mailed to me from the US via USPS when it arrives Nigeria which postal service will handle it is it Nipost ? because I think a wrong address was used so i wanna go pick it up at the office before its dispatched to the address.
go to USPS with your tracking number and explain your situation..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mudi1012: 6:54pm On Jun 12, 2017
Congratulations bro ..God no dey sleep ...Trumpland Loading 50% grin grin grin
blacnewton:
Visa Approved! 6.30am Transcript.

So I stayed in one of the hotels mentioned here: Semi Ramis on Hawley Street, Obalende. Room is ₦4.5k with A/C

Couldn't sleep, was just singing praises and asking God for favor (I need to stress this part)

Left the hotel around 4.30am, dropped my phone with the hotel receptionist.

Got to Walter Carrington around 4.45am. I was the first person there. I just started gisting with the MOPOL Officers there.

The whole process started around 6am

I was the second on the queue. The lady in front of me went to a white lady, while the Chinese guy called me.

VO: Pass me your i-20 and Intl Passport (no good morning orishirishi)
I passed the docs.

VO: How did you get to know about the school?

Me: My cousin, who is an alumna of the school strongly recommend it and I also checked collegefutureboard and common app to see if the school meets my career goals.

VO: You are 24, why are you just going for your BSC?

Me: Upon graduation from Sec School in 2008, I did an OND in computer science for two years and a compulsory one year internship where I worked as a Data Entry Personnel. Then I went ahead to do an HND in the same course for two years. I later enrolled in computer school for a year and took my SAT in between.

VO: Why are there so many inconsistencies in your story? You just kept skipping programs, you didn't finish any. How am I sure you are going to finish your program?

Me: I did finish. Diplomas are not longer than 2 years and I did two before I went to Computer school?

VO: What's the name of the computer school?

Me: *I just went blank*

Me: The computer school is in Lagos.

VO: What is your major?

Me: Information Technology.

VO: How sure am I that you will come back? What will you be doing after the program?

Me: I intend working in a top tech company in Nigeria as a world class software developer, because we have just a few software developers in the country and I want to bridge that gap by becoming a solution provider.

VO: Be honest with me. Did you work at all? Just be honest.

Me: Yes I did, but they were volunteer jobs and I wasn't paid for those gigs so I didn't include it on my DS 160.

VO: Enjoy your stay in the US.

Me: What??

VO: I said Enjoy your stay in the US.

I really benefited from all the transcripts dropped here. At some point I wanted to scream "any Nairalander in the house?" but fear no gree me.

Please and Please try to do a mock interviews before your appointment.

Pray too biko. I was just favored by God today. My voice just dey shake.

Special thanks to @texrem and @Adewotired.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2017
Biggy911:
Dear GURUS,

I have a Skype Interview for a GA that i applied (Assistant Resident Director - Fall 2017). The GA will give me full tuition waiver and very attractive stipends.

Please who can guide me on the dos and don'ts of a Skype Interview in this aspect and what are the likely questions to be asked. GUIDE A BROTHER PLEASE

Thank you,
Communication is Important. Sound clear and audible.
Test your sound and internet at least 30 mins before time.
Be calm and confident.
Make sure your past experience would show your ability to handle pressure from a multinational Institution, With student from various backgrounds.
#my2cents
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oveestreet: 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:
Congrats!

Thank you Ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
Biggy911:
Dear GURUS,

I have a Skype Interview for a GA that i applied (Assistant Resident Director - Fall 2017). The GA will give me full tuition waiver and very attractive stipends.

Please who can guide me on the dos and don'ts of a Skype Interview in this aspect and what are the likely questions to be asked. GUIDE A BROTHER PLEASE

Thank you,

Communication is Important. Sound clear and audible.
Test your sound and internet at least 30 mins before time.
Be calm and confident.
Make sure your past experience would show your ability to handle pressure from a multinational Institution, With student from various backgrounds.
#my2cents

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2017
Joan011:
please this question just came to mind,and i need an answer. If i have been offered admission to quite a number of schools and i got my visa approved for (school A) but i later decided to attend (school B) does that in any way affect my approved visa

No it doesnt affect your approved visa if you go through the proper way of transfering schools and sevis and the school A agrees to release your sevis ...... i cant type the process because i have done it a couple of times in the past so use the search button up and find it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
Biggy911:
Dear GURUS,

Thank you,

There have been like two good post done in this part regarding this... too lazy to find it so use the search button up. If you dont find them maybe i can help you find it when i am less lazy. Although it the same search button i will use

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by BigBUMBUM: 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2017
electronic:

go to USPS with your tracking number and explain your situation..
there's j
USPS here in Nigeria?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
How you take do housing matter? For D.C

joeluv:
I would be going to George Washington Uni DC. I understand its close to AU.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
Hmmm, i'm not sure many of us paid like this, waste of money. I had my transcript sent to an Educational agency. When I needed a copy for my keep, I just told them to send to me.

thibcyrain:
Hello guys!!!
I have been here long before and back again to strike. I applied back in 2013 undergrad but got denied. I wish to apply for MSC electrical. I have a good grade now.

I plan to apply to about 10 schools, but unfortunately transcript in my university cost -#20k. This means to apply to 10 schools it will cost me 200k, whilst local transcript cost just #7k. Is it possible for me to apply for the local transcript,send to a known co-cooperate address I currently work and then send directly to the universities I wish to apply. What is the implication. Thank you guys

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:07pm On Jun 12, 2017
thibcyrain:
Hello guys!!!
I have been here long before and back again to strike. I applied back in 2013 undergrad but got denied. I wish to apply for MSC electrical. I have a good grade now.

I plan to apply to about 10 schools, but unfortunately transcript in my university cost -#20k. This means to apply to 10 schools it will cost me 200k, whilst local transcript cost just #7k. Is it possible for me to apply for the local transcript,send to a known co-cooperate address I currently work and then send directly to the universities I wish to apply. What is the implication. Thank you guys

Why 10 schools ... aint it a bit much ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
thibcyrain:
Hello guys!!!

Check if some of those schools use unofficial local transcripts(not addressed to the school) Send that first (uploading on their portal). Then if they admit you, you can send the official transcript. Finito. Just make sure that you have at least 5 safe schools in that 10school list of yours. Or else na frog jump we go give you!!! angry

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
I Neva know oo, let me get visa first grin grin But I Wld most likely be staying in Maryland, accomodation is much cheaper, then commute to DC.
OGreene:
How you take do housing matter? For D.C

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
I thought about that, but are you sure the t-fare wont add up to equal the D.C housing price monthly

joeluv:
I Neva know oo, let me get visa first grin grin But I Wld most likely be staying in Maryland, accomodation is much cheaper, then commute to DC.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by galaciousbabe(f): 9:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
Your case is really different!!!! cool cool cool
So I stayed in one of the hotels mentioned here: Semi Ramis on Hawley Street, Obalende. Room is ₦4.5k with A/C

Couldn't sleep, was just singing praises and asking God for favor (I need to stress this part)

Left the hotel around 4.30am, dropped my phone with the hotel receptionist.

Got to Walter Carrington around 4.45am. I was the first person there. I just started gisting with the MOPOL Officers there.

The whole process started around 6am

I was the second on the queue. The lady in front of me went to a white lady, while the Chinese guy called me.

VO: Pass me your i-20 and Intl Passport (no good morning orishirishi)
I passed the docs.

VO: How did you get to know about the school?

Me: My cousin, who is an alumna of the school strongly recommend it and I also checked collegefutureboard and common app to see if the school meets my career goals.

VO: You are 24, why are you just going for your BSC?

Me: Upon graduation from Sec School in 2008, I did an OND in computer science for two years and a compulsory one year internship where I worked as a Data Entry Personnel. Then I went ahead to do an HND in the same course for two years. I later enrolled in computer school for a year and took my SAT in between.

VO: Why are there so many inconsistencies in your story? You just kept skipping programs, you didn't finish any. How am I sure you are going to finish your program?

Me: I did finish. Diplomas are not longer than 2 years and I did two before I went to Computer school?

Me: *I just went blank*

Me: The computer school is in Lagos.

VO: What is your major?

Me: Information Technology.

VO: How sure am I that you will come back? What will you be doing after the program?

Me: I intend working in a top tech company in Nigeria as a world class software developer, because we have just a few software developers in the country and I want to bridge that gap by becoming a solution provider.

VO: Be honest with me. Did you work at all? Just be honest.

Me: Yes I did, but they were volunteer jobs and I wasn't paid for those gigs so I didn't include it on my DS 160.

VO: Enjoy your stay in the US.

Me: What??

VO: I said Enjoy your stay in the US.

I really benefited from all the transcripts dropped here. At some point I wanted to scream "any Nairalander in the house?" but fear no gree me.

Please and Please try to do a mock interviews before your appointment.

Pray too biko. I was just favored by God today. My voice just dey shake.

Special thanks to @texrem and @Adewotired. [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 9:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
Don't think so, not really sure tho. But I Wld still prefare staying in MD.
OGreene:
I thought about that, but are you sure the t-fare wont add up to equal the D.C housing price monthly

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Joan011: 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Why 10 schools ... aint it a bit much ?
he has to try his luck, who knows where the admission might come from

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nmarh(f): 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2017
VanessaSelo:

Hey, I currently attended UMass Boston. I could help you out if you need assistance with stuff.
Yaay.. finally. Please I sent you an email. Kindly check. Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by boykas(m): 9:15pm On Jun 12, 2017
OluDare01:

Shift make I faint[/quote[quote author=Teedawg post=57454875]
I told you guys from his first post.
initialy he was asking how he can get a visa to go and visit a black American female friend and all of a sudden he wants to go and study in the states #WehdoneSir This your story no dey haddup boykas
Teedawg:

initialy he was asking how he can get a visa to go and visit a black American female friend and all of a sudden he wants to go and study in the states #WehdoneSir This your story no dey haddup boykas
Teedawg:

Teedawg:

Pls guys don't misquote me.. I told you I applied for a student visa since 2011 in Dickinson state University and was denied 4times in the embassy.. I just net this black America women via Facebook and she ask me how she can help me to come to USA cuz she herself don't have an idea..

What am saying here is that can I get the visa tru school admission or can she help me since she said she can be my sponsorer..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
Joan011:

Is it Baba Ijebu or nairaBet or 9jabet that he wants to try his luck with

You are funny, you can help him with small cash so that he can play 2 direct to try his luck with 10 schools

No long thing to me he is about to waste cool money.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
[quote author=boykas post=57460230][/quote]

Sure you can get the visa through student admission of you can show that you are elligible and not only qualified
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
Walspring:

Is it Baba Ijebu or nairaBet or 9jabet that he wants to try his luck with

grin grin grin ...was thinking something in this line
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2017

Unless she is married to you, there is nothing she can do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
Joan011:
luck?? if he really knows what he wants, he doesn't need to apply 10 schools. he's gonna loose focus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2017
LagosismyHome:

grin grin grin ...was thinking something in this line

That's our people for you and we don't need to mind them because they are comedian in making. gringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2017
so what if you're asked who's your sponsor? and your relationship to your sponsor? well I can understand that person has to look for better opportunities just hope its worth it take a shot u Neva can. tell.
if you wanna apply for a student visa you know the procedures you're not new to it and as for your sponsor she has no way of helping you get a visa . and if she really wants to sponsor you and stand as your financial guarantor in school, she has to be prepared to do some pretty nice paper works wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adey2014: 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
greetings everyone. pls I keep hearing people say safe schools. pls which schools are termed safe schools and why are referred to as such.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 10:12pm On Jun 12, 2017
adey2014:
greetings everyone. pls I keep hearing people say safe schools. pls which schools are termed safe schools and why are referred to as such.
uncle which do you want Google definition abi dictionary ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Joan011: 10:41pm On Jun 12, 2017
Teedawg:

luck?? if he really knows what he wants, he doesn't need to apply 10 schools. he's gonna loose focus
you are kind of mixing it up yourself, even if he wants to apply to 20 schools it's not bad, one thing he knows is that there is a school that captivates him more than the rest and that's where he wants to go, he isn't going to lose focus just that he has to have plan B incase plan A doesn't work out

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 10:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
Safe schools are schools that are not too too competitive in terms of gaining admission and funding.
adey2014:

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2017
Joan011:
you are kind of mixing it up yourself, even if he wants to apply to 20 schools it's not bad, one thing he knows is that there is a school that captivates him more than the rest and that's where he wants to go, he isn't going to lose focus just that he has to have plan B incase plan A doesn't work out

This one na grin grin

......J, I , H , G, F , E , D, C ,B incase plan A

Carry go. If he feels he has the power times 10 nothing do am. .......he must have his reasons...5 is usually the max in my head

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.