Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,374 members, 7,836,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (703071 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ologun01(m): 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2017
slimmy2005:
It is not top 100. I am not saying its not a good school anyway. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/wright-state-9168/overall-rankings

we are talking about university of dayton
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 06, 2017
ologun01:

we are talking about university of dayton
University of Dayton is #111 national. Its a very good school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 7:01pm On Feb 06, 2017
Sorry, I forgot. It was ranked number 108 which isn't bad. Meanwhile, I consider it a good sch looking at the fact that it has 75% success rate of acceptance to medical school. And it's engineering department is one of the best among catholic universities in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ologun01(m): 7:01pm On Feb 06, 2017
slimmy2005:
University of Dayton is #111 national. Its a very good school.

na the money b koko now , even if person get admission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 7:03pm On Feb 06, 2017
ologun01:

Do you have an idea what the fee is like for the masters program...my calculation is like 37 000 usd ( 900 per hour credit) excluding feeding and accomodation for like 33 -36 hrs

They are asking for bank statetement of account to complete my documents

I honestly don't know what the actual cost of attendance for graduate program would be considering that many factors should be considered. But have you tried checking their website? You may as well email goglobal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2017
ologun01:

na the money b koko now , even if person get admission
You no see the school fees before you apply?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2017
It was ranked 108 as at 2016 when I got accepted there. Money-wise, I wouldn't encourage any Nigerian to apply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2017
ologun01:

Do you have an idea what the fee is like for the masters program...my calculation is like 37 000 usd ( 900 per hour credit) excluding feeding and accomodation for like 33 -36 hrs

Wow! $37,000 for tuition per year or what? For an Engineering course and with little or no funding. This is no be small money ooo. Look for affordable schools with affiliation if you can. The end might not justify what you paid for the degree. As an international student, how connected your school is is what matters.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iekene(m): 7:45pm On Feb 06, 2017
Hello Fam, In the Spirit of Valentine and GIVING.. I would be giving a Premium Notefull account Account for TOEFL preparations.. I had my exams on the 3rd of Feb and it was very helpful even though i still f up small because of exam tension (*i nor fit get perfect score finally)... Anyway the Notefull Tutorials are very helpful and addresses every part of toefl exam with every question type..

I wish we help more on this thread than cast aspersions #TWoods lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

If you are Interested...Please send me a pm assuring me you wont change the password... I would do my best to answer all pms i receive between now and the next 14 days ...

Greetings to @Walspring...@Lagosismyhome... You secretly inspire me to do this...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 7:50pm On Feb 06, 2017
iekene:
Hello Fam, In the Spirit of Valentine and GIVING.. I would be giving a Premium Notefull account Account for TOEFL preparations.. I had my exams on the 3rd of Feb and it was very helpful even though i still f up small because of exam tension (*i nor fit get perfect score finally)... Anyway the Notefull Tutorials are very helpful and addresses every part of toefl exam with every question type..

I wish we help more on this thread than cast aspersions #TWoods lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

If you are Interested...Please send me a pm assuring me you wont change the password... I would do my best to answer all pms i receive between now and the next 14 days ...

Greetings to @Walspring...@Lagosismyhome... You secretly inspire me to do this...

I benefitted from that your account and I had mine on Feb 3rd as well. Thank you once again. The only observation was that the actual exam ended up being tougher that all what I saw in the mock tests. At what centre did you write yours in Lag?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iekene(m): 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2017
neurosci:

I benefitted from that your account and I had mine on Feb 3rd as well. Thank you once again. The only observation was that the actual exam ended up being tougher that all what I saw in the mock tests. At what centre did you write yours in Lag?

Yes Lag..Surulere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 7:55pm On Feb 06, 2017
iekene:

Yes Lag..Surulere
I did mine there as well. Sorry, your name starts with A and ends with ED?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iekene(m): 7:59pm On Feb 06, 2017
neurosci:

I did mine there as well. Sorry, your name starts with A and ends with ED?
Nope... Surname starts with I and ends with I... I was in Group B
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 8:06pm On Feb 06, 2017
iekene:

Nope... Surname starts with I and ends with I... I was in Group B

Okay, I thought you were the one who sat beside me 'cos the bond I had with the guy was so strong. Success to you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 8:07pm On Feb 06, 2017
ologun01:

some schools will require you to provide ur statment as part of the application package else it is incomplete. Not much u can do about that..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 06, 2017
iekene:

You are a blessing to your generation.
Thanks once again for the Magoosh premium account. It was invaluable to my preparation.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iekene(m): 8:18pm On Feb 06, 2017
neurosci:

Okay, I thought you were the one who sat beside me 'cos the bond I had with the guy was so strong. Success to you!

Oh okay..Hehe.. I dont talk to people during my exams.. I hardly say a word.. I believe when i talk the little things i know would be jumping out.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2017
Please, I need like $200 for 450/Dollar. I have naira and need dollars
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 8:28pm On Feb 06, 2017
iekene:

Oh okay..Hehe.. I dont talk to people during my exams.. I hardly say a word.. I believe when i talk the little things i know would be jumping out.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahaha, not during the exams o. We were together before the exam. I got in before him, then he was eventually placed beside me when he was called in. That was over one hour after I had started. I finished the exam, waited for him and we ended up going home together.

TOEFL is not a kind of exam in which you can communicate. No calculations, nothing. Do you discuss how to talk or write essays? Time was almost inadequate sef, I just had to be really fast.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Drocks: 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2017
Any LLM student here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 9:22pm On Feb 06, 2017
tomisinobm:

And so?
So someone cannor go for a second degree.
Kwantinue.

Lol you're aware you just accused an actual VO of lying about the criteria he uses to judge your visa applications?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by worry357: 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2017
tomisinobm:

And so?
Kwantinue.

Oh boy!
Insulting an actual visa officer!

You are DOOOOOOMED!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cindyn(f): 9:44pm On Feb 06, 2017
Hello guy's,

Please i need help here, I am in US on f1 visa and i will like my fiance to come over, he is my sponsor.
Which way will be easy for him to get visa? applying for visiting or what?.

I need help and any other suggestions.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 06, 2017
cindyn:
Hello guy's,

Please i need help here, I am in US on f1 visa and i will like my fiance to come over, he is my sponsor.
Which way will be easy for him to get visa? applying for visiting or what?.

I need help and any other suggestions.

Thank you
Go home and marry him and get F-2 or let him apply for a visiting visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2017
tomisinobm:

And so?
Kwantinue.

Best to remove that picture....its really not needed

Schooling in the US is very expensive so really you do it mainly for growth and progression. You can have a second degree without starting again by going to CC.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2017
slimmy2005:
Go home and marry him and get F-2 or let him apply for a visiting visa.

An f2 visa for him is a bad idea. An f2 visa holder cannot work in the US at all. So if he is her sponsor, how do they intend to make money to keep her in school?

A b1 visa would be more appropriate.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2017
iekene:
Hello Fam, In the Spirit of Valentine and GIVING.. I would be giving a Premium Notefull account Account for TOEFL preparations.. ...

Well done....keep up the good work .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by slenderBeam1: 10:13pm On Feb 06, 2017
Walspring:

Yes you can and that doesn't work against your visa application
thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
TWoods:

An f2 visa for him is a bad idea. An f2 visa holder cannot work in the US at all. So if he is her sponsor, how do they intend to make money to keep her in school?

A b1 visa would be more appropriate.
So B1 would allow him to work? F-2 is OK as well. He can visit her and stay, atleast the ease of getting a drivers licence and switching to F-1.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Time2Smile(m): 10:23pm On Feb 06, 2017
tomisinobm:

And so?
Kwantinue.
I find the picture extremely offensive, there is nothing more galling than being accused of lying. It is people like you that would have gladly lick the foot of VO before you got your visa, now that have what you needed you are spewing trash. DON'T QUOTE ME.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Time2Smile(m): 10:28pm On Feb 06, 2017
Time2Smile:

I find the picture extremely offensive, there is nothing more galling than being accused of lying. It is people like you that would have gladly licked the foot of VO before you got your visa, now that have what you needed you are spewing trash. DON'T QUOTE ME.

@justwise please remove this loathsome picture

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (409)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.