Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695194 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Please be sure so we do not give wrong information out ........... Although i have no affiliation what so ever with BY MAFIT , but some friends have checked and registered through them . The whole process went smoothly with result and all .
Some after like 6 months got email that their result has been cancelled. It happened several thread back, I can't remember. Only trying to tell folks to becareful.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hushee:

Bro, BY mafit is totally genuine. I've written both toefl and GRE through them and I've had no negative issue about them.
I am not saying otherwise. I am only advising people to becareful that's all. I remember some folks back then registered through this same means and they got their result cancelled after 6 months or so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2017
Chapecoense:

thought you pmed someone about this?
PMED and no response till now. I need the $$ urgently
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kinematicguy: 6:15pm On Feb 07, 2017
slimmy2005:
Some after like 6 months got email that their result has been cancelled. It happened several thread back, I can't remember. Only trying to tell folks to becareful.

I remember I saw something like this, some threads back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2017
kinematicguy:

I remember I saw something like this, some threads back.
Thanks. I was only trying to keep people updated.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 6:36pm On Feb 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 07, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2017
slimmy2005:
check the link.
Anything wrong with it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 07, 2017
OluDare01:

Anything wrong with it?
Not loading
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 07, 2017
Mimi17, whats your major?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by saninwa: 8:10pm On Feb 07, 2017
Most times I wish the likes of Bigfrancis21 are still active in this thread. They were really helpful then. undecided sad

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2017
Walspring:

I bet you they must have read this or reading it soon and if they wish to do it that way it's left to them..

Check the pix below as well

Its fine if they have decided to pay ets direct, you guys are doing a great job, but we should be guided about the information we pass. BY MAFIT is genuine and I know because I have friends and cousins who registered via them without any issue plus I haven't heard anyone complain about BY MAFIT so far. I just registered GRE and TOEFL with them as well.
I'm just saying

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by justwise(m): 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
TWoods:

I would love nothing better. I for the life of me do not understand why lowlifes like you respond to my every post. It's a faceless forum. You post, I post... we ignore each other. Easy. Perhaps the problem is that you all want to feel "big" so every little idiot wants to say something too. Good riddance. Back to my anonymous commenting.

justwise:
@TWoods

You are going to make very few friends here and a lot of enemies because of your stand on certain issues but that shouldn't bother you that much.

Stand on what you believe in and keep putting across your opinion when you can

As long as you are not insulting anybody or derailing this thread i'm cool with it.

Good night.

This is not cool because you are capable of getting your point across without name calling.

Many people have been banned for doing exactly what you just did and i want to be fair in my judgement here.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Scholastica16: 8:35pm On Feb 07, 2017
My take is, if you do not agree with a post you can ignore it. What I see here is more like a gang-up to stoke a certain poster into responding tetchily because people on here unwittingly enjoy it. It doesn't mean the said poster's responses are not in themselves sometimes cringeworthy.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2017
Scholastica16:
My take is, if you do not agree with a post you can ignore it. What I see here is more like a gang-up to stoke a certain poster into responding tetchily because people on here unwittingly enjoy it. It doesn't mean the said poster's responses are not in themselves sometimes cringeworthy .

Lol..You are preparing for GRE or you just did it right?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
This place looks like a war zone, Everybody picking on one another. We all need to calm down, this is a faceless forum..you don't need to prove any point to anyone. Anywaz for anyone looking for scholarships, you can keep an eye on epsilonsigma scholarships website, the application for this semester has closed already but you should be able to apply for next semester around May, you can only apply if you have a GPA. They have scholarships worth $3000,$2000 etc. If you are in Engineering, NSBE scholarships is also a good one to keep and eye on.Its worth a try, you have nothing to lose and free money doesn't kill.International student can apply for both. And also keep an eye on your school's scholarship portal. We are actually eleigible to apply for some scholarships.
http://www.epsilonsigmaalpha.org/scholarships-and-grants/scholarships
http://www.nsbe.org/home.aspx

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by esseycoy(m): 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2017
It's been very long I read transcript here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2017
esseycoy:
It's been very long I read transcript here
This is not the season of transcript,people are waiting for admits . You should start seeing transcript in late May and early june

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2017
I am picking on you tongue
femi321:
This place looks like a war zone, Everybody picking on one another. We all need to calm down, this is a faceless forum..you don't need to prove any point to anyone. Anywaz for anyone looking for scholarships, you can keep an eye on epsilonsigma scholarships website, the application for this semester has closed already but you should be able to apply for next semester around May, you can only apply if you have a GPA. They have scholarships worth $3000,$2000 etc. If you are in Engineering, NSBE scholarships is also a good one to keep and eye on.Its worth a try, you have nothing to lose.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2017
sirRiddy:
I am picking on you tongue
Lmaoo...How can you be fighting someone you know outside the forum?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by amanze15(m): 9:40pm On Feb 07, 2017
femi321:
This place looks like a war zone, Everybody picking on one another. We all need to calm down, this is a faceless forum..you don't need to prove any point to anyone. Anywaz for anyone looking for scholarships, you can keep an eye on epsilonsigma scholarships website, the application for this semester has closed already but you should be able to apply for next semester around May, you can only apply if you have a GPA. They have scholarships worth $3000,$2000 etc. If you are in Engineering, NSBE scholarships is also a good one to keep and eye on.Its worth a try, you have nothing to lose and free money doesn't kill.International student can apply for both. And also keep an eye on your school's scholarship portal. We are actually eleigible to apply for some scholarships.
thanks would you be at the conference next month?!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2017
slimmy2005:
Not loading
Arrgh! Use chrome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 07, 2017
amanze15:
thanks would you be at the conference next month?!
Yeah sure, i should..i have registered though but i am still looking at my schedule. 75% certain i will be there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 9:57pm On Feb 07, 2017
The same way you create an account on ETS website, pay for an appointment and select a date, is what BY MAFIT will do. You either create an account and let them do the reg or they create for you, book the appointment and you log in from the official ETS site.
They have nothing to do with the test venues. I believe JKK is a popular venue. I have used Surulere venue too, okay.

My opinion, going through them will make more people partake of the promo. I registered with them and it was a smooth ride.

Whatever you decide to do, is fine.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Scholastica16: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2017
slimmy2005:
Nothing justifies name calling. Its an open forum and anyone is free to post or quote anyone you agree/disagree with. You don't expect people to ignore invalid or misinformation. There are better ways to pass information without hauling insults or being arrogant about it.

"Crass ignorance" "Petty" some of the words you used that were not insulting or arrogant?

We would derail the thread.

Lets not get emotional about the information passed. The people that were defrauded with GRE registration were also convinced because the center has offices and claimed they use vouchers from ETS to register. That being said, we are not saying B.Y MAFIT is a fraudulent organization. We are only asking people to be careful of who they patronize when it comes to GRE registration.

When did you write GRE, 2013? I didn't use B.Y MAFIT when I wrote (first time) but I wager more than 80% of the people at my GRE and TOEFL centres used them.

So yea, people should be careful. Careful here meaning do background checks, ask around, ascertain legitimacy of said agency which I presume people are doing here. That's why I lent my voice. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 07, 2017
Scholastica16:

"Crass ignorance" "Petty" some of the words you used that were not insulting or arrogant?

We would derail the thread.

When did you write GRE, 2013? I didn't use B.Y MAFIT when I wrote (first time) but I wager more than 80% of the people at my GRE and TOEFL centres used them.

So yea, people should be careful. Careful here meaning do background checks, ask around, ascertain legitimacy of said agency which I presume people are doing here. That's why I lent my voice. Cheers.

Don't presume. Make the information available to people and let them decide for themselves. As for above words, I fed him with thesame dose. When you address people with respect, you get thesame in return. Your have passed your messages so far succinctly without insults or derogatory words. If he can thread same part, I am sure he would earn a lot of respect.

I agree with him on a lot of things. The manner in which he dishes such advice is what I find arrogant.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ziggy3579: 10:58pm On Feb 07, 2017
Thanks for the reply, but its actually two different courses. What would you suggest in this situation
slimmy2005:
Make sure you initiate the transfer when you're in US. Go to your XYZ school and tell them to initiate the transfer, but before you do this, inform the AAA school that you would like to transfer to XYZ giving them reasons for such sudden change.

Note that some schools would require you to register for a semester with them before you can transfer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
ziggy3579:
Thanks for the reply, but its actually two different courses. What would you suggest in this situation
The course doesn't matter. Read the AAA school's guidelines and rules of transferring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by amanze15(m): 11:20pm On Feb 07, 2017
femi321:
Yeah sure, i should..i have registered though but i am still looking at my schedule. 75% certain i will be there
great, some OG's i met, told me to chill and form "international" when i get on site to register to pay less grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.