Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,575 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693452 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Johnolukolade(m): 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2017
voktron:
Hi guys,
So i googled "U.S student visa interview :nairaland" about 3weeks before my interview. I have a virgin passport, first time I'm applying for any visa and also, i applied to just one school. I literarily read every transcript form thread 9-11, coupled with fasting and prayer and after everything.........................hmm
It was approved grin grin grin grin
While on the queue, I didn't listen or look at the peeps being interviewed, cause I knew too much rejections might throw me off my game
I only listened when I was queued at window 5, and I was lucky enough to hear the V.O tell the guy being interviewed to keep is answers brief and straight to the point (my sister told me to give detailed explanations for every question and I planned to do just that). Surprisingly, the V.O started staring straight at me even though the guy being interviewed was still answering his questions. He rejected the guy, I stepped forward and my transcript goes thus:

V.O: Good morning (with a smile)
Me: Good morning (with my fake smile)

V.O: So why are you going to the U.S? (Starts typing)
Me: For my MLA

V.O: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I considered three but applied to just one

V:O: Which schools did you consider?
Me: Colorado state Uni
Pennsylvania State Uni
WVU

V.O: What did you study as an undergrad?
Me: Botany

V.O: So what's the course about
Me: LARC utilizes core aspects of science and arts to produce the best use of........

V.O: You said Arts? So how does this relate to botany?
Me: A key part of botany is horticulture, which involves the use of ornamental plants for artistic purposes

V.O: *Nodds* (types furiously for what seemed like 24hrs) Study hard and goodluck (with a smile and an outstretched white paper
Me: Thank you very much (with a real smile grin)

I thank Baba God and y'all.....These transcripts really helped me, and I hope mine helps others too

Congrats bro. you nailed that, but na God oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aariwa(m): 8:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
Please forumites my friend's daughter needs scholarships in u.s.Please can you recommend scholarship awarding institutions for her.She is in ss 3 class and an exceptionally brilliant girl.Thank you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Square65: 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
I hope this does not violate house rules (Admin please help post in the appropriate section and notify me if it does)

1) If you are (or you know anyone) coming to WVU Morgantown and are looking for a temporary accommodation for soft landing while you settle in, this might be a good sublease opportunity for you

- 2-bedroom / 1-bath shared apartment
- Rent is $675 per month (@ $337.50 per occupant)
- Utilities (electricity, water and internet) not included but you can estimate an additional $50 - $75 per occupant per month
- Deposit already paid and so not required from you
- Within 10 -12 mins walk from Engineering building
- Sublease duration will be from August until December (approximately 3-4 months)

2) If you need any help or information about settling down in Morgantown WV, I'd be happy to help as much as I can.

3) In any of the above cases, you can either reply to this post or PM me - whichever works for you.

PS. As suspicious as this post may appear, I am not for any personal profit or gain.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by blackboy2star(m): 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
Hello bro. Can please help my bro with his Sevis fee? Will pm you now to talk about rate. Thanks

OluDare01:

Sevis fee is $200, the Western Union charges $10 making $210. I can help you make the payment, send me a pm let's talk about the rate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by blackboy2star(m): 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2017
Hello bro. Can you please help my bro with his Sevis fee? Will pm you now to talk about rate. Thanks

OluDare01:

Sevis fee is $200, the Western Union charges $10 making $210. I can help you make the payment, send me a pm let's talk about the rate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by blackboy2star(m): 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2017
Hello bro. Can you please help my bro with his Sevis fee? Will pm you now to talk about rate. Thanks

OluDare01:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2017
horpsy91:

what of if am der already and an unable to go to the school, is there any implication to that?

Lol... You wan jaaaa! cheesy cheesy you kolet visa enter Yankee and no wan go skul. cheesy ton ba gba e mi woo! shocked shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tizentos: 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2017
pcbo:

Try and apply to University of Michigan,Ann Arbor have good engineering program and their career service center is really good at linking well paid jobs to students.

iekene:

Kindly cancel Penn State University for now.. They wont issue i20 to Nigerian students until you make deposit for 1 full academic year including i.e Living Expenses + Tuition.

I'm very grateful for the info. All suggestions are carefully noted. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yemiosinbajo: 8:41pm On Jun 28, 2017
If you book a flight on travelbeta and they send you an e-ticket, are you supposed to go to the airline's website to make any confirmation, or is the e-ticket you got from travelbeta everything you need to take to the airport on your flight date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
Folsy:

Lol.. I won't mind u @ all...
cheesy
cool
grin

I can't feel my Face Again...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2017
yemiosinbajo:
If you book a flight on travelbeta and they send you an e-ticket, are you supposed to go to the airline's website to make any confirmation, or is the e-ticket you got from travelbeta everything you need to take to the airport on your flight date?
normally you should get a correspondence from the airline confirming your trip.. So u have the chance to make sure all ur details are correct.
The E ticket u get from travelbeta is what u will go with to the airport. That's your ticket.
Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
aariwa:
Please forumites my friend's daughter needs scholarships in u.s.Please can you recommend scholarship awarding institutions for her.She is in ss 3 class and an exceptionally brilliant girl.Thank you
She will need to do the SAT and get a decent score, also Her waec has to be good too. Then just a simple google search will give u all the schools that'll offer her full scholarship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chiezzh: 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
I AM GOOD .. HOW IS IT GOING
OmoNaija005:
Chiezzh
HELLO HOUSE ANY ETSU FALL 2017 students here

What's up Chidozie?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2017
voktron:
Hi guys,
So i googled "U.S student visa interview :nairaland" about 3weeks before my interview. I have a virgin passport, first time I'm applying for any visa and also, i applied to just one school. I literarily read every transcript form thread 9-11, coupled with fasting and prayer and after everything.........................hmm
While on the queue, I didn't listen or look at the peeps being interviewed, cause I knew too much rejections might throw me off my game
I only listened when I was queued at window 5, and I was lucky enough to hear the V.O tell the guy being interviewed to keep is answers brief and straight to the point (my sister told me to give detailed explanations for every question and I planned to do just that). Surprisingly, the V.O started staring straight at me even though the guy being interviewed was still answering his questions. He rejected the guy, I stepped forward and my transcript goes thus:

Pennsylvania State Uni
WVU

Me: LARC utilizes core aspects of science and arts to produce the best use of........

Me: A key part of botany is horticulture, which involves the use of ornamental plants for artistic purposes

V.O: *Nodds* (types furiously for what seemed like 24hrs) Study hard and goodluck (with a smile and an outstretched white paper

I thank Baba God and y'all.....These transcripts really helped me, and I hope mine helps others too

Congratulations. Enjoy your studies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TheGreat342: 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2017
triplecare:

What advice do you need exactly? It seems everything was clearly spelt out.

Like as been said on this forum countless times, if you know someone in the US, have the i20 mailed to them so they then mail it to you in Nigeria.
If not, just go ahead and pay for the stuff.
I personally recommend using a courrier service that allows you to track your package.

By the way, congrats!

"if you know someone in the US, have the i20 mailed to them so they then mail it to you in Nigeria" How do I do this bro. I no get anybody for US. Anyone in TN that can be of help?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2017
Walspring:

is this price for within US or from US to Nigeria ?
From USA to Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2017
TheGreat342:

"if you know someone in the US, have the i20 mailed to them so they then mail it to you in Nigeria" How do I do this bro. I no get anybody for US. Anyone in TN that can be of help?

Not every school will agree to mail your initial i20 to an address other than one in the applicant's home country. I tried with UMass Lowell and the international student adviser told me it's against the policy of the school to do so. So you should ask if it's allowed. If not, I guess you'll have to use eshipglobal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ecoleco: 10:17pm On Jun 28, 2017
Folsy:
Has any1 heard of NYTN (NEWYORK TENNESSEE) BUS HERE PLS?

There are buses from New York to Tennessee, Greyhound being the most dominant.

Use greyhound.com, wanderu.com or us.megabus.com

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tolyem(m): 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2017
Silva094:
you should contact the university, I also applied but for undergraduate and I was told to scan my transcript, passport information page and my TOEFL score, so make contact with them and know what's up

Thanks.
Maybe the admission procedure for graduate studies differ from undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:40pm On Jun 28, 2017
Timi1990:
I need Naira asap and I have $250 to exchange at Osinbajo rate . PM or WhatsApp me if you need dollar in the US or need to make sevis & Wes payment .

Abeg gist me osinbajo rate joor grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by whyqueu(m): 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2017
voktron:
Hi guys,

Pennsylvania State Uni
WVU

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU WORE TO THE INTERVIEW ? WHAT DO YOU THINK THE VO SAW ? AN ADVICE ? I UNDERSTAND THE FACT THAT THE GRACE OF GOD SPEAKS !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by abbeymaniak(m): 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
sheeda995:
please I wish courses were discussed in this forum, so that one won't regret after finishing msc or PhD. it's not all about going to the US to schoop, but opportunities available after the course. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2017
Walspring:

Abeg gist me osinbajo rate joor grin grin grin

It's sold already , oga mi cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mudi1012: 11:16pm On Jun 28, 2017
Maryland
triplecare:
Is there anyone coming to Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia or New York this summer?

Please PM me, I need your help.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mudi1012: 11:25pm On Jun 28, 2017
Please anyone in Maryland i need accommodation ....i would like to know how much its going to cost me .I am going to the University of Maryland Eastern Shore ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 11:58pm On Jun 28, 2017
Timi1990:

It's sold already , oga mi cool

I mean what is the osinbajo rate because some sent me pm that he need dollar to pay fee in US and i told him at 400 (Gtbank in conjunction withe US embassy rate) which the owner of the dollar wanted to exchange it but the guy complained its too high so i gave him at 200 to $1 and he complained that its too high but he can pay 380 to $1 if i am not wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 12:08am On Jun 29, 2017
sirhamilton:

Texrem please check your mail. I need you to take a look at something

replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 12:09am On Jun 29, 2017
Rheenah:
Anyone travelling to Nigeria this summer or later on this year?

Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 12:12am On Jun 29, 2017
Walspring:

I mean what is the osinbajo rate because some sent me pm that he need dollar to pay fee in US and i told him at 400 (Gtbank in conjunction withe US embassy rate) which the owner of the dollar wanted to exchange it but the guy complained its too high so i gave him at 200 to $1 and he complained that its too high but he can pay 380 to $1 if i am not wrong

Yeah , 380/$ is the normal rate .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 12:25am On Jun 29, 2017
voktron:
Hi guys,

Pennsylvania State Uni
WVU

Me: A part of botany is horticulture, which involves the use of ornamental plants for artistic purposes

Your sharpness dey vex.... Congrats Bro.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by signature2012(m): 12:31am On Jun 29, 2017
[quote author=Mathsquanta post=57929907]Anyone in the USA wanna send money to Nigeria I need 2k dollars. Hit me up.[/quote

What rate are you willing to offer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by signature2012(m): 12:32am On Jun 29, 2017
Mathsquanta:
Anyone in the USA wanna send money to Nigeria I need 2k dollars. Hit me up.

Your rate?

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.