Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,555 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695579 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 8:31am On Jul 03, 2017
Last time I checked NO! but it is advisable to have your I-20 and passport in hand. Your I-20 contains all neccessary details to validate or confirm your F1 status
moravelu:
Hello House

As a student heading for fall session, Will the cbp at the poe ask u to show evidence that you have made your fee payment either in part or full before stamping you in at JFK?

Please help out here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 8:39am On Jul 03, 2017
My roomate who was white, we never got along. He was quite an introvert and for some reason felt Egusi and crayfish smell like garbage. But truth is we never had an argument, fought or quarreled. The respect was there and conversation civil. The communication was just off as regards to when its with your fellow African. My masters program too, we are two africans and the only guys, the rest are ladies who have over 10yrs minimum working experience. I made a couple of male friends in my GA position but I never really followed up cuz of time and conflicting schedules. In summary, you can relate with just anyone regardless of nationality, just bring something positive to the table and be able to hold a good conversation.
frankie2K:
Happy Sunday everyone.please I want to ask the gurus in Trumpland how easy does it come for a naija guy to make male America citizen friend(white) to female.please share ur experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ElDeeVee(m): 8:40am On Jul 03, 2017
Visa approved this morning!

Transcript in a bit....

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 8:41am On Jul 03, 2017
Happy New Month Guys & Congrats to all those who secured their visas! Safe travels and eat all the fufu and pounded yam in Naija. One tuber of yam is $8
Also, if you wanna pay sevis, book a flight or need USD cash, I have up to $600. Just shoot me a PM! Have a blessed week y'all

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 8:41am On Jul 03, 2017
Congrats!!! kiss
ElDeeVee:

Transcript in a bit....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ndawe(f): 8:46am On Jul 03, 2017
Good morning All. I'm currently reviewing my DS-160 form in preparation for submission and there's a question which asks if your U.S Visa has ever been cancelled or revoked? Now, after I renewed, one of my previous B1/B2 visas was stamped with "cancelled without prejudice" upon its expiration and subsequent renewal. So which is the appropriate answer to the question now, do I answer no cancellation or yes cancelled without prejudice and explain in the box provided?
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 03, 2017
Mekurexx:
My roomate who was white, we never got along. He was quite an introvert and for some reason felt Egusi and crayfish smell like garbage. But truth is we never had an argument, fought or quarreled. The respect was there and conversation civil. The communication was just off as regards to when its with your fellow African. My masters program too, we are two africans and the only guys, the rest are ladies who have over 10yrs minimum working experience. I made a couple of male friends in my GA position but I never really followed up cuz of time and conflicting schedules. In summary, you can relate with just anyone regardless of nationality, just bring something positive to the table and be able to hold a good conversation.
Holding a good conversation isn't enough. The best way to get real friends is to be real you. Because someone can fake it when it comes to making friends. Be real and funny at times and people around you would like you. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by halidaf: 8:50am On Jul 03, 2017
Good to see a lot of visa approvals! It has really been a while since I last visited this forum.. good to see a few familiar names still giving back to this thread, Blessings fall on you guys! Good to see there has not been a lot of banters and drama like we use to witness on here, lol. The journey so far has not really been anything more than expected, most importantly God has been more than enough. Congratulations to all those about to embark on this beautiful/life changing journey.

Any Business analyst in the house willing to rub minds?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 03, 2017
Next2Bezee:
Good Evening House! Thanks for all your hardwork smiley

I am about to begin processing my app to Uni of Minnesota for a Masters in Accounting in Jan 2018 (currently in the process of renewing my international passport).

I completed my Bsc in accounting in Malaysia and got a 2.9/4. I want to know if I'll still be required to write any exams like GRE or Gmat before I'll be considered for admission (considering i completed my bsc outside Nigeria) ....thanks!

Yeah man. You gatto take GMAT. Very important!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2017
Walspring:

You enter any naija bank and request for the form A but make sure you have an account with the bank

I did that with First Bank, but the guy said the $180 I want to pay is too small for Form A that I must open a domiciliary account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by frankie2K(m): 9:15am On Jul 03, 2017
@Lagosismyhome,Mekurexx,DeeTus thanks for the insight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by frankie2K(m): 9:20am On Jul 03, 2017
Teedawg:

the thing is people of the same background tend to click together so do the Koreans or Chinese do they like staying put within themselves especially when there is a good amount of them in the School.. I'm sure if you had a group of Nigerians in one school they'll likely form a group to and assist themselves unless other wise because our head dey touch sometimes lol. now when you're in a class there will likely be projects for and you'll have to form a team which will comprise of different kinds of people so in other to achieve you all have to play together to achieve a common goal so irrespective of your background you all have to work together. now maybe some few will have their indifference with you they'll rarely bring it to your face.. it's all about making friends though not everybody will be your friend but that is not because they feel superior or anything but its just life ( in summary not everyone in your group must be your friend its all about working together to achieve a goal. who knows you may get some friends from the group )hope i get your message lol i feel like I've derailed

Thanks man.U didn't derail one bit,you 're on point.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 9:29am On Jul 03, 2017
ElDeeVee:

Transcript in a bit....
Congrats bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:41am On Jul 03, 2017
DeeTus:
Holding a good conversation isn't enough. The best way to get real friends is to be real you. Because someone can fake it when it comes to making friends. Be real and funny at times and people round you would like you. smiley

What if you are not the funny type ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 03, 2017
LagosismyHome:

What if you are not the funny type ...
You just have to learn it then. Having a sense of humor is great. The words you say and how you say them can make folks around you laugh and also can bring a lot of vitality into their lives. Even those who dislike you would start to like you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by teetea06: 10:55am On Jul 03, 2017
Heavy downpour today @the Lagos US embassy,was drenched but I no mind because I know God has a special package for me..I got to the embassy around 5am and my schedule time was 6:30am..Had to stay somewhere with the umbrella borrowed from my cabman..At about 6am,the queue started and I joined the queue with my wet self and my filled envelope..was told by the queue instructor that why am I coming with junks that the document with me should just be 5,I was helped by a lady behind me and when I got to the scan Centre I was told my sevis fee receipt wasn't there,was sent back gain to print a copy for 1k.. after my biometrics, I joined the queue for the interview proper and when it almost got to me,the guy before me told me to go to the woman facing me which I did but the instructor was like he didn't tell me to but I told him make he no vex..now the interview proper.. me:Good morning ma with a fake smile..... vo:Morning...Pass me your passport and I20 which I gave out..Vo:Why Agricultural science: I said i opted agricultural science because it was the surest way of having food on your table(everyother thing I have rehearsed for weeks were already gone)..Vo: Why this school (Arkansas state university)...Me: I chose the school cos of its rank as one of the top best university in field of agricultural science..Vo:How many schools :3 and I name them and also told her I got admitted to 2 while 1 was pending cos she asked..Vo: your sponsors..Me:My dad and my step mom..Vo asked my dad's occupation..Me:Commercial livestock farmer..Me:Have you traveled before?..Me:No I have not..She also asked how I got to know about the school,replied with I did proper research on the internet..That was all..she wasn't looking at me and I was staring@the white paper too..She gave it to me and I didn't hear other thing cos while replied her I was shaking but God made it possible for me..I am a silent reader here but the forum was helpful..Thanks to Mr Texrem,I dunno him but he took his time to call me and help me with mock,he corrected and even told me what to say which I did..God bless you brought and to every Visa hopeful,God of E.A Adeboye will grant you your desires..I am happy.when should I go for pick up?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 11:08am On Jul 03, 2017
teetea06:
Heavy downpour today @the Lagos US embassy,was drenched but I no mind because I know God has a special package for me..I got to the embassy around 5am and my schedule time was 6:30am..Had to stay somewhere with the umbrella borrowed from my cabman..At about 6am,the queue started and I joined the queue with my wet self and my filled envelope..was told by the queue instructor that why am I coming with junks that the document with me should just be 5,I was helped by a lady behind me and when I got to the scan Centre I was told my sevis fee receipt wasn't there,was sent back gain to print a copy for 1k.. after my biometrics, I joined the queue for the interview proper and when it almost got to me,the guy before me told me to go to the woman facing me which I did but the instructor was like he didn't tell me to but I told him make he no vex..now the interview proper.. me:Good morning ma with a fake smile..... vo:Morning...Pass me your passport and I20 which I gave out..Vo:Why Agricultural science: I said i opted agricultural science because it was the surest way of having food on your table(everyother thing I have rehearsed for weeks were already gone)..Vo: Why this school (Arkansas state university)...Me: I chose the school cos of its rank as one of the top best university in field of agricultural science..Vo:How many schools :3 and I name them and also told her I got admitted to 2 while 1 was pending cos she asked..Vo: your sponsors..Me:My dad and my step mom..Vo asked my dad's occupation..Me:Commercial livestock farmer..Me:Have you traveled before?..Me:No I have not..She also asked how I got to know about the school,replied with I did proper research on the internet..That was all..she wasn't looking at me and I was staring@the white paper too..She gave it to me and I didn't hear other thing cos while replied her I was shaking but God made it possible for me..I am a silent reader here but the forum was helpful..Thanks to Mr Texrem,I dunno him but he took his time to call me and help me with mock,he corrected and even told me what to say which I did..God bless you brought and to every Visa hopeful,God of E.A Adeboye will grant you your desires..I am happy.when should I go for pick up?

Congrats.. it can only be God smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 11:10am On Jul 03, 2017
Congrats to everyone that Got approved lately and congrats in advance to those anticipating.. happy new month y'all smiley.. new month, new blessings

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gwilluzo99: 11:27am On Jul 03, 2017
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ProfOjah1234: 11:32am On Jul 03, 2017
Walspring:

Congrats big boss... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yeah head is extra valid now. We go see soon but dunno the date sha oooo
No wahala boss mi.. I will make sure I see you at every cost..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 03, 2017
halidaf:
Good to see a lot of visa approvals! It has really been a while since I last visited this forum.. good to see a few familiar names still giving back to this thread, Blessings fall on you guys! Good to see there has not been a lot of banters and drama like we use to witness on here, lol. The journey so far has not really been anything more than expected, most importantly God has been more than enough. Congratulations to all those about to embark on this beautiful/life changing journey.

Any Business analyst in the house willing to rub minds?

PM sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:34am On Jul 03, 2017
gwilluzo99:
Am seeking for a good registered, genuine and reliable Traveling agent i will hook up with so that he or she will
assist us get multiple individual visas.

Thanks

You come to the wrong place....no agents found here. Just a couple of student visa Do-it-yourself Nigerians grin . Who promote questions and answers as you go along

Also multiple individual visas.... Ok wrong place again.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ProfOjah1234: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2017
ElDeeVee:

Transcript in a bit....
Congratulations AY,.. Nice one!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gwilluzo99: 12:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
That's alright. Just making inquiry OK

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ElDeeVee(m): 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
I was at Lagos Consulate this morning. I was slated for 6:30am so, I had to leave home very early. I got to the Consulate around 5:45am.
Security checks lasted like forever but alas, I got into the interview hall.
Initially, white papers were flying left, right and center but, this changed later as blue papers were also coming out.
My interview was quite short and the VO (in his late 40’s) was pleasant and nice.

Transcript below;
VO: Hello, good morning
Me: Good morning Sir

VO: Pass me your passport, I-20 and SEVIS payment confirmation page
Me: **Passed it**

VO: What are you going to study in the US?
Me: I am going for MS study in Math

VO: Why did you choose this particular school over others?
Me: I am going to the school for 3 major reasons. First, the school offered me a full GTA with tuition waiver and monthly stipends. (*** VO cuts in)

VO: How did you get the assistantship?
Me: The members of the committee in charge of selection for assistantship were quite impressed with my profile and previous academic and professional achievement.

VO: Which other schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 other schools – UNI, BGSU and UL Lafayette (Stated all in full with their respective cities and states)

VO: Tell me about the MS program.
Me: The MS program is a flexible program that focuses on key math areas like Real Analysis, Complex Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Applied Math and Operations Research.

**VO typed for some seconds and then gave me the white paper.
**Me smiled and left the hall immediately.

I appreciate everyone on this thread for their wonderful tips. Special shout out to @tolutweety, @profojah1234, @texrem @oludare01, @jesusbabygirl, @libber, @toakins, @folsy, @femi321, @happyday, and everyone who has contributed to this great thread.

Tips
1. If you have funding, state it as one of your reasons for going to the school. I feel this worked for me;
2. Be bold and confident. This cannot be overemphasized;
3. Prepare, prepare and prepare - know your stuff (your course, your program structure etc);
4. Please don’t cram. Just go there and chat with the VO. The interview is nothing out of the ordinary.

Good luck, people and see you at the top.

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by align360: 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
teetea06:

Congrats man... safe travel!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
congrat broda
grin grin
ElDeeVee:
I was at Lagos Consulate this morning. I was slated time was 6:30am so, I had to leave home very early. I got to the Consulate around 5:45am.
Security checks lasted like forever but alas, I got into the interview hall.
Initially, white papers were flying left, right and center but, this changed later as blue papers were also coming out.
My interview was quite short and the VO (in his late 40’s) was pleasant and nice.

Transcript below;
VO: Hello, good morning
Me: Good morning Sir

VO: Pass me your passport, I-20 and SEVIS payment confirmation page
Me: **Passed it**

VO: What are you going to study in the US?
Me: I am going for MS study in Math

VO: Why did you choose this particular school over others?
Me: I am going to the school for 3 major reasons. First, the school offered me a full GTA with tuition waiver and monthly stipends. (*** VO cuts in)

VO: How did you get the assistantship?
Me: The members of the committee in charge of selection for assistantship were quite impressed with my profile and previous academic and professional achievement.

VO: Which other schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 other schools – UNI, BGSU and UL Lafayette (Stated all in full with their respective cities and states)

VO: Tell me about the MS program.
Me: The MS program is a flexible program that focuses on key math areas like Real Analysis, Complex Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Applied Math and Operations Research.

**VO typed for some seconds and then gave me the white paper.
**Me smiled and left the hall immediately.

I appreciate everyone on this thread for their wonderful tips. Special shout out to @tolutweety, @profojah1234, @texrem @oludare01, @jesusbabygirl, @libber, @toakins, @folsy, @femi321, @happyday, and everyone who has contributed to this great thread.

Tips
1. If you have funding, state it as one of your reasons for going to the school. I feel this worked for me;
2. Be bold and confident. This cannot be overemphasized;
3. Prepare, prepare and prepare - know your stuff (your course, your program structure etc);
4. Please don’t cram. Just go there and chat with the VO. The interview is nothing out of the ordinary.

Good luck, people and see you at the top.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
please house i need help, is it okay if a vo ask you why this university
me: during my intenship program my supervisor who was an alumina of the school recommended for me and i also chat with a few current student of the school which they assured me the school ask a flexible and well structured curriculum program and a good standard ratio which suit my carrer goal, and i also make intensive research using education website like princton review,usnews etc to narrrow down to school who offer Infomation Technology in the feed of computer programming and networking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
Observer25:
For a 32 yo single female with an upcoming visa interview for grad school, is her marital status
a red flag?

Not a red flag. She's good to go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 1:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
phawwaz:
Gurus,Please i need mock interview o anyone got time to spare for a fellow brother.....Oga texrem pls check mail cheesy grin

replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
paulsir:
pls isvit advisable to use foreign statement of account. The one i used for the sch?

Yes. Inasmuch that it is genuine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by francophone134: 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
akins2016:
Congrat jare bro and so people will just open their mouth and be saying one cannot get a visa with a community college admission as if they are the VO. The point is, if you have a good reason for picking a school, picking a course or whatever, your visa will be approved !!! I've seen someone who got a bachelors degree in Nigeria and still came here for associate degree and he was issued visa. Congratulation again.
Gritings bro. please i want us to talk privately. i also applhed to a comunity colege. pls drop ur contact so ill call u. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.