Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (697300 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Temitope746: 7:07am On Jul 04, 2017
[color=#006600][/color] VO: Good morning, pass me your passport and I-20

Me: Morning ma, (as I pass my passport and I-20)

VO: what do you do?

Me: I am a student

VO: Have you travelled out of the country before

Me: Yes, I have been to Italy, Bulgaria, Cameroun and Benin Republic. I was in ICTP, Trieste Italy for a workshop and I was in Bulgaria for the international mathematics competition for University students and summer school in Cameroun and Benin republic.

VO: do you speak French.(after accessing proof of travel to Cameroun and Benin)

Me : I speak a little.

VO: what aspect of mathematics are you going to study.

Me: pure mathematics, majoring in Analysis and PDE.

VO: tell me what is the usefulness of the area.

Me: a lot of physical world problem rely on mathematical knowledge and Analysis and Partial Differential Equation is a great tool for solving complex problem that are modeled into mathematical equations, and after a solution is obtained, mathematician translate the solutions to that which is understandable by non-mathematician.

VO: am sorry I cannot approved your Visa at this moment. Handed me my passport (after looking at the page "Cancel without Prejudice" for Italian Visa before they approved on the next page) and my I20 with the document I attached in this mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Temitope746: 7:11am On Jul 04, 2017
Please I will like to know what went wrong why I got denial
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by asiwaju87(m): 7:20am On Jul 04, 2017
teetea06:
Heavy downpour today @the Lagos US embassy,was drenched but I no mind because I know God has a special package for me..I got to the embassy around 5am and my schedule time was 6:30am..Had to stay somewhere with the umbrella borrowed from my cabman..At about 6am,the queue started and I joined the queue with my wet self and my filled envelope..was told by the queue instructor that why am I coming with junks that the document with me should just be 5,I was helped by a lady behind me and when I got to the scan Centre I was told my sevis fee receipt wasn't there,was sent back gain to print a copy for 1k.. after my biometrics, I joined the queue for the interview proper and when it almost got to me,the guy before me told me to go to the woman facing me which I did but the instructor was like he didn't tell me to but I told him make he no vex..now the interview proper.. me:Good morning ma with a fake smile..... vo:Morning...Pass me your passport and I20 which I gave out..Vo:Why Agricultural science: I said i opted agricultural science because it was the surest way of having food on your table(everyother thing I have rehearsed for weeks were already gone)..Vo: Why this school (Arkansas state university)...Me: I chose the school cos of its rank as one of the top best university in field of agricultural science..Vo:How many schools :3 and I name them and also told her I got admitted to 2 while 1 was pending cos she asked..Vo: your sponsors..Me:My dad and my step mom..Vo asked my dad's occupation..Me:Commercial livestock farmer..Me:Have you traveled before?..Me:No I have not..She also asked how I got to know about the school,replied with I did proper research on the internet..That was all..she wasn't looking at me and I was staring@the white paper too..She gave it to me and I didn't hear other thing cos while replied her I was shaking but God made it possible for me..I am a silent reader here but the forum was helpful.. Thanks to Mr Texrem,I dunno him but he took his time to call me and help me with mock,he corrected and even told me what to say which I did..God bless you brought and to every Visa hopeful,God of E.A Adeboye will grant you your desires..I am happy.when should I go for pick up?

that's what he knows best.... I doff my � for him, he's the boss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ndawe(f): 7:26am On Jul 04, 2017
Seen. Thank you very much.
biikeys:

Google "cancelled without prejudice"..It's standard procedure. You answer should be 'No' based on this.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 7:34am On Jul 04, 2017
Happy 4th of July for those in Trump Land.. Lol.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 7:35am On Jul 04, 2017
ElDeeVee:
Thanks guys

@Mekurexx, @234ng44uk, @ProfOjah1234, @successflow, @texrem, @Jesusbabygirl, @igbonerd, @OluDare01, @Folsy, @cuspy, @Toakins and @PresVA....

Congratulations again and all Glory to God.
More blessings.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Temitope746: 7:36am On Jul 04, 2017
Ndawe:
Seen. Thank you very much.
this cancel without prejudice was on my visa to Italy, which was approved by the italian embassy. I realise they made a mistake in visa type. So I am confuse why it should cause a denial in my US visa. This is my first time of been refuse visa and my first time of applying to the US. I have my assistantship letter and all. But she didn't even requested it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ndawe(f): 7:42am On Jul 04, 2017
Oh wow, it shouldn't have any implications really since it wasn't revoked but then and again, only the VO can say why. Don't be deterred, refire and apply again. All the best dear.
Temitope746:
this cancel without prejudice was on my visa to Italy, which was approved by the italian embassy. I realise they made a mistake in visa type. So I am confuse why it should cause a denial in my US visa. This is my first time of been refuse visa and my first time of applying to the US. I have my assistantship letter and all. But she didn't even requested it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Temitope746: 7:49am On Jul 04, 2017
Ndawe:
Oh wow, it shouldn't have any implications really since it wasn't revoked but then and again, only the VO can say why. Don't be deterred, refire and apply again. All the best dear.
so if I am reapplying, what's the step I should take to have a smooth application process and interview. I am so in a dilemma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 04, 2017
Temitope746:
so if I am reapplying, what's the step I should take to have a smooth application process and interview. I am so in a dilemma
your how useful is the course to you.. Your answer sold u out.. Y don't u do something like you taking a lecturing job in mathematics when your back in Nigeria. Than all those complex stuffs u wrote up there.. Cu's if u check very well steadying this course boils down down to lecturing in a higher institute.. Atleast to convince the VO.. Some one has use this same mathematics two weeks ago to get visa.. Search for the transcript...

Godspeed bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rheenah: 8:12am On Jul 04, 2017
Folsy:
Happy 4th of July for those in Obama Land.. Lol.

Same to you bruhh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TheLee(f): 8:32am On Jul 04, 2017
TheLee:
Hi,
Thank you guys so much for this thread and the previous ones.
Congrats to successful applicants.
I asked my sister in UK to help me pay for my Sevis and she came back to ask me some details which is not on the coupon I printed out. Help please
Attached are the detail. Kindly help please.
Thank you

Please can anyone help with this?
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TheLee(f): 8:36am On Jul 04, 2017
femi312:
Your Sister got a wrong form. Tell her that she should get the form for bill payment. All she needs to fill apart from her own details is the account name which is 'SEVISFEE' , amount - $200 and the account no which is stated on your coupon.
Thank you so much.
Really grateful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Temitope746: 8:37am On Jul 04, 2017
smithsydny:
your how useful is the course to you.. Your answer sold u out.. Y don't u do something like you taking a lecturing job in mathematics when your back in Nigeria. Than all those complex stuffs u wrote up there.. Cu's if u check very well steadying this course boils down down to lecturing in a higher institute.. Atleast to convince the VO.. Some one has use this same mathematics two weeks ago to get visa.. Search for the transcript...

Godspeed bro
thank you so much. I have been reading transcript and I will do apply again and take note
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Glowrie22: 8:41am On Jul 04, 2017
align360:

Congrats dear!

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 8:43am On Jul 04, 2017
Rheenah:

Same to you bruhh
Where you see Bro E be like say sleep don dey worry you cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Glowrie22: 8:43am On Jul 04, 2017
happyday:

Congrats. Cheers to your new journey!

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ndawe(f): 8:45am On Jul 04, 2017
I'm yet to go for mine as well but I think your response to "what's the usefulness of this course to you" was too generic and complicated. You answered without actually telling the VO what the degree will do for you. Smithsydny's response was spot on. Convince him/her that you need that degree to come back and solve a particular problem in Nigeria/take up a lecturing job as smithsydny has said.
I'd advice you book quickly oh because July spots are filling out quickly. Success dear!!!
Temitope746:

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:56am On Jul 04, 2017
TheLee:

Thank you so much.
Really grateful.

She should not do it online...walk into a western union in uk that has quick pay and give the sevis coupon printout to the attendant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by naijacorper: 9:00am On Jul 04, 2017
Good morning guys, please is yellow card and police report necessary for students travelling to the united state.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 04, 2017
Ndawe:
I'm yet to go for mine as well but I think your response to "what's the usefulness of this course to you" was too generic and complicated. You answered without actually telling the VO what the degree will do for you. Smithsydny's response was spot on. Convince him/her that you need that degree to come back and solve a particular problem in Nigeria/take up a lecturing job as smithsydny has said.
I'd advice you book quickly oh because July spots are filling out quickly. Success dear!!!
blows kiss.. So much experience from here is disturbing me grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 9:18am On Jul 04, 2017
smithsydny:
has anyone complained of that moniker before?
This guy is funny
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ndawe(f): 9:23am On Jul 04, 2017
Loool, we're very paranoid; he paid mine. Ahah, he's no stranger to this forum plus I hope he'd still want to help you seeing as you put him out there like this. Putting his full name here is wrong, because he gave you his details doesn't mean you should put it up here like that. He didn't collect an extra dime from me and he was under no obligation to. Even if you wanted to inquire about his integrity, there are better ways to have done this.
phemmyB:
Pls who can vouch for oludare01. He wants to help me with Sevis fee payment.. I just need to b sure I'm. in safe hands. thanks

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ndawe(f): 9:24am On Jul 04, 2017
Hahaha; receives kiss and blows back cheesy. Ehn, VO in the making ni
smithsydny:
blows kiss.. So much experience from here is disturbing me grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ngozionefeli: 9:24am On Jul 04, 2017
Hello Everyone, i want to apply to Lincoln University Oakland, i have a 3.06 cgpa. i will like to know if i need gre or gmat before i apply.. thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chinewon88(m): 9:29am On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=phemmyB

And why do you think its cool to put out his names on a faceless forum? Wouldn't his moniker alone have sufficed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:31am On Jul 04, 2017
phemmyB:
Pls who can vouch for .Xxxxxx . moniker is oludare01. He wants to help me with Sevis fee payment.. I just need to b sure I'm. in safe hands. thanks

Kindly edit your post and delete his full name...... so dramatic of you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:36am On Jul 04, 2017
The others who have quoted please delete the name

smithsydny

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.