Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696509 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ndawe(f): 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2017
Okesima24:
Guys good afternoon.
Thanks to the person who told me how to check for my passport online if I was sure it wasn't returned to me.
I confirmed through the online check from the site that my visa is still at the Embassy/consulate. Pls how do I get it now or I should just wait till they mail or call me?
I sent a mail already since Saturday and don't have a response yet.

PS: I was the one that was denied visa but my passport was not handed back to me.
Hoping to reapply as soon as I retrieve the passport.
Call their customer care line and have your passport number handy before placing the call, they're usually very helpful and will attend to your issues immediately. My own issue was resolved immediately on the phone yesterday. Here's their number: 014406218

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by BOLAUWA: 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2017
Good day my good people. Please anyone had their interviews in Abuja consulate lately? Please need to know how it went, Will really appreciate, and Wud like to have a chat with u asap as I am getting ready for mine. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seankay(m): 4:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
OluDare01:

You're very selfish.
Do you ask yourself why people still come back on this thread to help It is because it all started here,we are giving back to the thread so that future applicants would learn. Share your transcript!

A straight flight to Indianapolis is gonna be expensive.
You can check Lagos to New York and then connect to Indianapolis.
Lagos to Chicago might be another option

I just checked the post now and I realised my transcript didn't reflect and that's not my fault prolly the network when I was posting it. I will give back to this thread because I gained a lot on here. So because you judge always make sure you find out wassup . I will type the transcript again and do normal.

Thanks for the advise BTW
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by djpope: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2017
aadeyi:

Of course you can mention it to the VO if you have a good reason for taking another degree but this will only be more convincing if it's an MSc

ok thank you. so what do you advice when they ask....seen anybody in this my situation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2017
seankay:

I just checked the post now and I realised my transcript didn't reflect and that's not my fault prolly the network when I was posting it. I will give back to this thread because I gained a lot on here. So because you judge always make sure you find out wassup. I will type the transcript again and do normal.

Thanks for the advice BTW
lol, I won't overflog this.
I have made my point known.
Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by djpope: 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
if the VO asks what have been doing from 2008 till 2017.
is it safe to say i have done a degree and served.... but i want to a new degree owing to the fact that the world is evolving and there are new opportunities being forecasted for professionals in the new field i'm trying to travel for and since its the US and the school i will get the best education and hands-on practical experience bla bla bla....give am correct apako.

will that work?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cuspy(m): 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
freudianslip:
with what I'm seeing online, I doubt if you could get something of that range (290-350k) to Indianapolis.

Bros, since ur approval on June 20, you no gree share ur transcript with us... e no good o

Lol @bold.

This is what Lagosismyhome refers to as world people grin. How did you sharply find out he/she didn't share transcript plus the date of approval? grin

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cuspy(m): 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2017
cuspy:
ElDeeVee Congrats on your admit.

If you don't mind, what is the name of your school?
Were you admitted to BGSU and were you given a GA position there too?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
align360:

I do have a GTBank current... what do you need it for?
Sent you a PM. Do check pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
neurosci:

Sent you a PM. Do check pls

Why don't you give your reasons here may be there are people that can help you. It sounds like a ref stuff but make i dey look sha. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mattinno: 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
fairheart:
Write to me; let us see how we can work together to get your visa for the September term.

Thanks so much bros ..I sent you an email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mudi1012: 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
i have replied as well ..
tenderbaby:
I have replied your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aadeyi: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
ngozionefeli:
it does not talk about the MS fee on their site(tuition fee)

Then the best thing to do in this case is to buy 1000naira recharge card and call the school international office to ask your questions or better still send them an email to express all your concern. I bet they will give you all the first hand information that you require.

Another option is to go through their international student page and connect with students there to ask your questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
Aadeyi boss I hail o.
Good to have you back here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Coloniel5000(m): 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hello to everyone. Have been a silent follower for over a year now, went off for a while when I was considering changing the country I wnt to pursue my masters from USA to TURKEY, but even with the admissions given by turkey universities my family has been adamant that it's either USA or never so am faced with my fears and am ready to just face it with the help of GOD and. Nairalanders cos have heard and read a lot about u guys.

Please here are my fears, I applied to some US schools Western Illinois University, Central Michigan University and ETSU, but am just to fascinated to WIU because of a Professor have been in contact with, but the problem is I have a cgpa of 3.19/5.0 and that is the only area am lacking in my program requirements for admission and he told me with my GPA I will be given admission on CONDITION. The status alone is making me unsettled and will that not affect my VISA interview as have been always scared of the interview part right from time and the fear of denial made me opted for turkey in the first place.

Please help a JJC who needs to be put through and please pardon my long note.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by teetea06: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2017
Good evening house..please who knows anyone in or Goin to Arkansas state university,Jonesboro this fall..I would like to know as I will be going this fall..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aadeyi: 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2017
djpope:

ok thank you. so what do you advice when they ask....seen anybody in this my situation?

If you can take your time to go tru part 4,5 and 6, I can recall there are 1 or 2cases like yours on there, u can learn from them.

djpope:
if the VO asks what have been doing from 2008 till 2017.
is it safe to say i have done a degree and served.... but i want to a new degree owing to the fact that the world is evolving and there are new opportunities being forecasted for professionals in the new field i'm trying to travel for and since its the US and the school i will get the best education and hands-on practical experience bla bla bla....give am correct apako.

will that work?

Not bad but just try and fine tune it so that it doesn't sound like you crammed it all from somewhere.

Just my 2cents

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rheenah: 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2017
teetea06:
Good evening house..please who knows anyone in or Goin to Arkansas state university,Jonesboro this fall..I would like to know as I will be going this fall..

I have a friend there but he's not on Nl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aadeyi: 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2017
OluDare01:
Aadeyi boss I hail o.
Good to have you back here

Boss of life..... Na this hustle no easy..... I just realized I have missed my fam for almost a year. B4 my case be like the prodigal son, I sharply ran back home. grin cheesy grin

Back and better

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aadeyi: 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
Coloniel5000:
Hello to everyone. Have been a silent follower for over a year now, went off for a while when I was considering changing the country I wnt to pursue my masters from USA to TURKEY, but even with the admissions given by turkey universities my family has been adamant that it's either USA or never so am faced with my fears and am ready to just face it with the help of GOD and. Nairalanders cos have heard and read a lot about u guys.

Please here are my fears, I applied to some US schools Western Illinois University, Central Michigan University and ETSU, but am just to fascinated to WIU because of a Professor have been in contact with, but the problem is I have a cgpa of 3.19/5.0 and that is the only area am lacking in my program requirements for admission and he told me with my GPA I will be given admission on CONDITION. The status alone is making me unsettled and will that not affect my VISA interview as have been always scared of the interview part right from time and the fear of denial made me opted for turkey in the first place.

Please help a JJC who needs to be put through and please pardon my long note.

First of all, have you tried evaluating your transcript?

Secondly, do u intend to write any test?

Let's start from there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
DeeTus:
LOL! Just take it easy on her. She made a tactical mistake probably because she was tensed up. VOs are foreigners and not Nigerians. So, saying they are semi-stupid is totally as insult. Also, most of these VOs are professionals like translators, lawyers and so on even before taking up this job.
.... Abeggi... person go get work for fortune 500 or wall street, go leave am come dey do embassy attaché for 3rd world country with little career mobility.....There is nothing wrong with the reply she gave... how many prospective American grad students even know the slightest thing about life outside school and real life; yet some embassy attache' expect to be wowed by Nigerian students, like it was a Harvard business school interview. cool cool.... you don't have to agree with all I have typed.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by lakeolamilekan: 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
Rheenah:

Greetings aunty o! I have been seeing your good work here. You no dey tire. God bless you o jare. Bet y are u coughing coughing grin grin grin
pls I need mock interview ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by lakeolamilekan: 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
lakeolamilekan:
my interview. is on d 17 pls pm me ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
lakeolamilekan:
from who abeg free the babe jare, she's not available cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hope2017(m): 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
djpope post

Actually have finished Uni, served, done msc. But i guess i cannot tell the VO all that.

so whats the best answer i can give when asked?[/quote]
grin Funny enough, all those things you cannot tell the VO is the answer to that question because that is what the VO wants to hear to know what you have been since then..Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2017
folmus:

Why don't you give your reasons here may be there are people that can help you. It sounds like a ref stuff but make i dey look sha. grin grin grin

Lmao, funny you. Yea, it's a ref stuff so are you gonna epp me now? I need it to open a Form A.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
OluDare01:

from who abeg free the babe jare, she's not available cheesy

You are here again.... Ehnnn cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hope2017(m): 7:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
Classic90 My visa was denied on the 29th of June,2017. I was previously denied in January for B1 visa
cgpa; 3.2
course: Vet medicine
GRE: 292

V.O, a lady granted the guy before me; I stepped forward and she kept typing for about a minute and half before requesting for my intl passport.

me: Goodmorning
v.o : no response. Passport please
me : I passed it to her
v.o ; what are you going to do in the united states
me: I am going for my MBA with health mgt specialization
v.o : asks for my i20, checked it then asks why Ashland university
me : Ashland university is ranked in the top 200 schools in the US, they have a student: faculty ratio of 9:1 which makes students closer to the professors, it is affordable . Then I stopped
v.o ; * types * then hands me the blue paper.

pls I intend to reapply and will need suggestions and also please how can I reach Mr Taxrem to assist me with a mock ?
[/quote]

Sorry for your delay Bro.. just scroll back to few pages behind, someone here posted a link of full transcript, i think from page 1 to 331 there about. Just take your time and ready those transcript, i bet you, you will develop your own transcript by your self. Goodluck as you ready and refire.. Shalom!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 7:32pm On Jul 04, 2017
Temitope746:
[color=#006600][/color] VO: Good morning, pass me your passport and I-20

Me: Morning ma, (as I pass my passport and I-20)

VO: what do you do?

Me: I am a student

VO: Have you travelled out of the country before

Me: Yes, I have been to Italy, Bulgaria, Cameroun and Benin Republic. I was in ICTP, Trieste Italy for a workshop and I was in Bulgaria for the international mathematics competition for University students and summer school in Cameroun and Benin republic.

VO: do you speak French.(after accessing proof of travel to Cameroun and Benin)

Me : I speak a little.

VO: what aspect of mathematics are you going to study.

Me: pure mathematics, majoring in Analysis and PDE.

VO: tell me what is the usefulness of the area.

Me: a lot of physical world problem rely on mathematical knowledge and Analysis and Partial Differential Equation is a great tool for solving complex problem that are modeled into mathematical equations, and after a solution is obtained, mathematician translate the solutions to that which is understandable by non-mathematician.

VO: am sorry I cannot approved your Visa at this moment. Handed me my passport (after looking at the page "Cancel without Prejudice" for Italian Visa before they approved on the next page) and my I20 with the document I attached in this mail.
I think you should have given a example of the complex mathematics that the mathematicians break down into simple mathematics for the layman to understand. Like how Fourier transform is a very important part of control theory which is used in virtually all industries with input/output machines and devices or how Signal processing is a major application of Fourier series and Without signal processing there's no Telecommunications or how Analysis of PDE is used in the detection and slowing down of tumor growth and it's also used in climate Modelling.
OR
You could have just linked it all up to coming back to be a Mathematics lecturer because it has been your passion to impact knowledge right from your cradle days as it brings you joy and fulfillment. And how you'd want to contribute to the change in the conventional (theory only) teachings we are used to in this country, as studying in the US would expose you to practical knowledge and not just theory which is an advantage for you and those you'd be teaching.
I might have written rubbish sha but then I think your answer had too many technical terms as the VO just wanted to know what the area can do in real life.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ElDeeVee(m): 7:32pm On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=cuspy post=58122699][/quote]
ETSU is the school. I got accepted in all the schools I applied to (BGSU inclusive), but it seems funds had finished by the time I applied. I applied late, like very late.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Coloniel5000(m): 7:33pm On Jul 04, 2017
aadeyi:

First of all, have you tried evaluating your transcript?

Secondly, do u intend to write any test?

Let's start from there.

I already wrote GRE and TOEFL, got v.145 Q.139. AWA 3.0. TOEFL 75. Was planing on writing another of these test when I was later told by the WIU admission officer that I don't need GRE and that my TOEFL score is adequate as they were demanding 73. So that made me relax. Please be reminded that I took those exam last year May and September respectively and this schools I said I applied to have done that since last year, am reactivating my application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.