Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,853 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695764 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
Temitope746:
this cancel without prejudice was on my visa to Italy, which was approved by the italian embassy. I realise they made a mistake in visa type. So I am confuse why it should cause a denial in my US visa. This is my first time of been refuse visa and my first time of applying to the US. I have my assistantship letter and all. But she didn't even requested it.

What school is this assistantship for ?

Then go.and read all the available transcript and learn how to answer directly with real life reasons not abstracts. Go to the search button and type VO mathematics and see how others inteview went ....

Once you are truly ready then re apply

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ardedaryor(m): 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
cuspy:

Lol @bold.

This is what Lagosismyhome refers to as world people grin. How did you sharply find out he/she didn't share transcript plus the date of approval? grin

LMAO you go fear now....this are the coterie of Femi321 they can dig out anything grin.... You are blessed if you have them on SDWT �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:38pm On Jul 04, 2017
cuspy:

Lol @bold.

This is what Lagosismyhome refers to as world people grin. How did you sharply find out he/she didn't share transcript plus the date of approval? grin

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by akins2016: 7:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=ValentinoPerez post=58107902][/quote] ValentinoPerez Are you a Math major person? I believe the guy was suppose to relate the answer he gave to what he want to do upon his graduation. Also, I don't think someone can both specialize in analysis and PDE I'm not so sure because analysis is under pure math and PDE is applied math. He was suppose to stick to either pure (analysis, Algebra, differential geometry etc) or Applied math ( PDE, ODE, Numerical analysis etc)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ValentinoPerez(m): 7:49pm On Jul 04, 2017
akins2016:
ValentinoPerez Are you a Math major person? I believe the guy was suppose to relate the answer he gave to what he want to do upon his graduation. Also, I don't think someone can both specialize in analysis and PDE I'm not so sure because analysis is under pure math and PDE is applied math. He was suppose to stick to either pure (analysis, Algebra, differential geometry etc) or Applied math ( PDE, ODE, Numerical analysis etc)

Yes I am.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by akins2016: 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
Temitope746:
Please I will like to know what went wrong why I got denial
I believe you were suppose to relate the answer you gave to what you want to do upon your graduation. Also, I don't think someone can both specialize in analysis and PDE I'm not so sure because analysis is under pure math and PDE is applied math. You were suppose to stick to either pure (analysis, Algebra, differential geometry etc) or Applied math ( PDE, ODE, Numerical analysis etc). I was a Math Major person until I decided to focus on statistics option.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ElDeeVee(m): 7:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
OluDare01:

from who abeg free the babe jare, she's not available cheesy

smh....Dre Dre, we hail thee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by akins2016: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2017
ValentinoPerez:

Yes I am.
Cool.. I was doing math untill I decided to see what's going on in the statistics world. Which school are you presently? Masters program ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Analytics: 7:57pm On Jul 04, 2017
djpope:

Actually have finished Uni, served, done msc. But i guess i cannot tell the VO all that.

so whats the best answer i can give when asked?
I don't see the reason why you're not applying for a masters program. Going for another undergraduate doesn't make any sense.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by djpope: 8:10pm On Jul 04, 2017
Analytics:
I don't see the reason why you're not applying for a masters program. Going for another undergraduate doesn't make any sense.

Funds mahnnnn....Major reason plus I I already have MSc in Nigeria.
I don't mind doing another degree and another masters in US. All na knowledge.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ValentinoPerez(m): 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
akins2016:

Cool.. I was doing math untill I decided to see what's going on in the statistics world. Which school are you presently? Masters program ?

I'm a prospective PhD student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2017
djpope:
Hello wonderful people. I'm here here tho and I like what you guys are doing. Straight to biz...I am 26 and I applied to a college in US. Been admitted and form I-20 collected. Now what do I do next and how do I prepare for the embassy.
Some clauses are
* Did waec in 2008
* Have only IETLS test with 8.0 band score.
* I'm 26.
* F-1 class admission
So please advice on how I can successfully get me a student visa.
Thank you

From bsc then msc back to bsc ....makes no.sense

Write GRE and aim for.phd.... phd has some funding

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 8:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
aadeyi:

Boss of life..... Na this hustle no easy..... I just realized I have missed my fam for almost a year. B4 my case be like the prodigal son, I sharply ran back home. grin cheesy grin

Back and better
Welcome back bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
ElDeeVee:

smh....Dre Dre, we hail thee
Me seff hail you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
LagosismyHome:

You are here again.... Ehnnn cool
Lol cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
.... Abeggi... person go get work for fortune 500 or wall street, go leave am come dey do embassy attaché for 3rd world country with little career mobility.....There is nothing wrong with the reply she gave... how many prospective American grad students even know the slightest thing about life outside school and real life; yet some embassy attache' expect to be wowed by Nigerian students, like it was a Harvard business school interview. cool cool.... you don't have to agree with all I have typed.
The real fact is the embassy are not begging anyone to apply for visa. Restructure your country and stay put if you cannot tell them what they want to hear. It's as simple as that.

The United States is the number one destination for international students.

These VOs are paid well. They live a good life in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by titoakala: 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
Pls what are the 5things? Congratulations
[quote author=teetea06 post=58075605]Heavy downpour today @the Lagos US embassy,was drenched but I no mind because I know God has a special package for me..I got to the embassy around 5am and my schedule time was 6:30am..Had to stay somewhere with the umbrella borrowed from my cabman..At about 6am,the queue started and I joined the queue with my wet self and my filled envelope..was told by the queue instructor that why am I coming with junks that the document with me should just be 5,I was helped by a lady behind me and when I got to the scan Centre I was told my sevis fee receipt wasn't there,was sent back gain to print a copy for 1k.. after my biometrics, I joined the queue for the interview proper and when it almost got to me,the guy before me told me to go to the woman facing me which I did but the instructor was like he didn't tell me to but I told him make he no vex..now the interview proper.. me:Good morning ma with a fake smile..... vo:Morning...Pass me your passport and I20 which I gave out..Vo:Why Agricultural science: I said i opted agricultural science because it was the surest way of having food on your table(everyother thing I have rehearsed for weeks were already gone)..Vo: Why this school (Arkansas state university)...Me: I chose the school cos of its rank as one of the top best university in field of agricultural science..Vo:How many schools :3 and I name them and also told her I got admitted to 2 while 1 was pending cos she asked..Vo: your sponsors..Me:My dad and my step mom..Vo asked my dad's occupation..Me:Commercial livestock farmer..Me:Have you traveled before?..Me:No I have not..She also asked how I got to know about the school,replied with I did proper research on the internet..That was all..she wasn't looking at me and I was staring@the white paper too..She gave it to me and I didn't hear other thing cos while replied her I was shaking but God made it possible for me..I am a silent reader here but the forum was helpful..Thanks to Mr Texrem,I dunno him but he took his time to call me and help me with mock,he corrected and even told me what to say which I did..God bless you brought and to every Visa hopeful,God of E.A Adeboye will grant you your desires..I am happy.when should I go for pick up?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
Please, I'm a fresher who needs a stale NL to drill me for mock interview. Who is game?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2017
Mitchely:
No, after almost a week, they claimed a break down of alliance between Turkish Airline and United Airline for the entire flight. They refunded me, but the entire process delayed my plans, resulting in further hike in fares.
Sorry about this...that is actually one of the downsides to booking with travel agents though. If u book with the airline and stuffs like this happen, you can stand your ground that you don't want a refund and insist that they book another flight for you instead. I will advise that people try and book directly with airlines. I booked with Etihad and paid without having to even go to their office on the island.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aadeyi: 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
raykuf:
Please, I'm a fresher who needs a stale NL to drill me for mock interview. Who is game?

Have you been privileged to go through the compiled interview transcript?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
Absolutely. Committed myself for about two weeks. I read through, 11, 10&9. Still anxious, though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by align360: 9:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
neurosci:

Sent you a PM. Do check pls

Sorry the mail I registered with is inactive.. drop urs so I could connect.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2017
Please, how do I check my pm? I just signed in to NL legitimately.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 10:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 10:06pm On Jul 04, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:
Sorry about this...that is actually one of the downsides to booking with travel agents though. If u book with the airline and stuffs like this happen, you can stand your ground that you don't want a refund and insist that they book another flight for you instead. I will advise that people try and book directly with airlines. I booked with Etihad and paid without having to even go to their office on the island.

How much was the ticket with the airline and where was your destination? At times, those airlines require dollars.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
raykuf:
Please, how do I check my pm? I just signed in to NL legitimately.

If someone sends you a PM, you'll see the notification above immediately you log into your NL account. Then check your email inbox/spam- the very email linked to your NL account- and reply to it. You will receive a message from NL which you must reply to for the person to be able to write you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fairheart(m): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2017
There is a guy who contact me asking for contact in Texas on how to settle down with his F1 Visa in case he's having issue paying all his tuition. If you are following me and you see this post, please write to me as soon as you can. I am sorry that I had to come here to write this; I can't find your message or there is no time checking all the messages I recieved as I got a lot of them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 10:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
neurosci:

How much was the ticket with the airline and where was your destination? At times, those airlines require dollars.
I paid in naira...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
neurosci:

journeywizzie@gmail.com. Please don't quote the email address so I can remove it. Looking forward to receiving your mail.

I just sent you message. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 11:43pm On Jul 04, 2017
BOLAUWA:
Good day my good people. Please anyone had their interviews in Abuja consulate lately? Please need to know how it went, Will really appreciate, and Wud like to have a chat with u asap as I am getting ready for mine. Thanks.
Yes... I had my interview in Abuja May precisely and it was successful.. though the embassy is tough.. but if you're coherent with your responses ,There's no need to panic ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.