Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (697265 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 23, 2017
ImpeccableOne:

Well, everyone is free to give their own quote. Do you know some people travel back to Nigeria with Dollars and exchange it at those BDCs at the airport even today? Some even do that at the bank...though very few, but I know it still happens.
Not everyone is seeking a gain in that way...some will be satisfied with N375.
Lmaooo..You talk as if Naira has more value than Dollar, the owner of the dollar has the final say and i dont think you will ever find someone that will do this for you except he/she just wants to do charity for you. Instead of buying your dolar i am sure he//she will use boxypay for #460. I wish you all the best in finding that charity organization
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 23, 2017
ImpeccableOne:

My dear, don't discredit the Naira just yet. It has appreciated from N520 to N505 from 20th to 22nd Feb. The person who needs Naira will buy when they need it. Naira is still on offer guys! N375 to $1.
If you have GTB or FBN acct, you'll get the Naira in your account as I hit the submit button on my internet banking. No NEFT delays.
Its obvious you are just doing comedy here please dont derail the thread and lets be serious abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
WES VERIFICATION=URGENT HELP
Pls is there anybody in the house who has tried this before?
i am in a situation, WES sent my transcript to my school for verification, my school has verified and would be sending same by regular post today and this might take only God knows how long to get to WES. Bearing this in mind and also considering the fact that i have almost violated all application deadlines for the schools i am applying to, i discussed with the man in charge of final verification and posting at my school if he could use courier instead(a personal arrangement, school uses nipost normally).He agreed after charging me high.
My question is this.Can this cause me any form of problems with WES? cos if WES` has any doubt, they would mail the registrar and this mail will not get to this man and the registrar i return may reply WES that the school uses only NIPOST.pls has anyone done this before?
Also, who knows how long it takes to get a document from nigeria to the USA via NIPOST.nobody is obliged to provide a help but a timely response will be appreciated.Thanks alot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by starboy2016: 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=femi321 post=53975525]Its obvious you are just doing comedy here please dont derail the thread and lets be serious abeg......
There have been no transcripts atall from chapter 1 through 59 ...this is so strange ...are much people not traveling this year ...I need more of latest interview to learn fro. As my interview is around the corner and I want to grab it by Gods grace ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by akin3102(m): 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
1USD is now #375 on boxypay when I checked.
femi321:
Lmaooo..You talk as if Naira has more value than Dollar, the owner of the dollar has the final say and i dont think you will ever find someone that will do this for you except he/she just wants to do charity for you. Instead of buying your dolar i am sure he//she will use boxypay for #460. I wish you all the best in finding that charity organization
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by naturalmi: 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hello house!
I went for an interview today and was rejected.
This is the transcript. I need the house to vet it and tell me my mistakes
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning
VO: I-20 and passport please
Me: Here it is
VO: Why did you apply to IGlobal University
Me: My choice of school was based on two main factors. 1. High Practical and research content 2. Low Tuition. I choose IGlobal University because it fits my choice
VO: Did you apply to any other school
ME: Yes! Hood College
VO:Have you travelled abroad before
ME: Not at all
VO: I am sorry i cannot give you what you want. Please reapply again if you want

I need someone to help me see what went wrong.
THANKS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
naturalmi:
Hello house!
Me: My choice of school was based on two main factors. 1. High Practical and research content 2. Low Tuition. I choose IGlobal University because it fits my choice
VO: I am sorry i cannot give you what you want. Please reapply again if you want

THANKS

Apart from the fact that IGlobal university is a private institution, it was also newly founded-2008

Why would you wanna spend so much on tuition for a university with such little reputation? I guess the VO will probably think education is not as important to you as travelling to the States.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by worry357: 12:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
naturalmi:
Hello house!

THANKS

The visa officer refused you because of the low quality schools that you applied for
and your comment on low cost.
It looks like you might not have funds to complete your schooling.

If funds will not cover acceptable schools in the USA then you must think again.
Look at more affordable countries like Cyprus.
A degree from a good school in Europe is more likely to get you employment than one from a poor college in USA!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by naturalmi: 12:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Well said! but i dont need funds to school in the US as i am funding myself without any help from family. I only spoke the truth.
Thats all
worry357:

The visa officer refused you because of the low quality schools that you applied for
and your comment on low cost.
It looks like you might not have funds to complete your schooling.

If funds will not cover acceptable schools in the USA then you must think again.
Look at more affordable countries like Cyprus.
A degree from a good school in Europe is more likely to get you employment than one from a poor college in USA!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 12:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
naturalmi:
Hello house!

THANKS

Sorry about your rejection. I am no VO, but from my view; I think you got rejected because of your choices of schools. I don't want to believe your lack of travel history has any role in the decision. Try applying into more credible/ranked institutions and try again next time.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 12:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
ImpeccableOne:
Even though we are in the US, let us not glory in the fact that the Naira has depreciated to such a ridiculous level. We all have family and friends back at home, and we know how the situation is affecting them. Inflation is going unchecked and I feel pained as though I'm still in Nigeria. I don't desire that the Naira continues falling. I hope it appreciates. You too should hope same as well. If you are desiring that it should get worse, you are wrong...so wrong.
You have family and friends back home...besides not everyone in Nigeria can immigrate abroad.

For those interested, I've got as much Naira as you want at N375 per $. Not limited to $200 or $500 or $1000 equivalent value.

Instead of blaming this on innocent people, you could have channeled the same energy to blame the government for stealing and hoarding money. This is about inflation, market crashing, economy going downward in spiral. People sending money home work their asses.off to get that dollar. These people have families in Nigeria who are also affected by this inflation, spending twice as much. So expecting them to accept your N375 per $1 offer is like a scene in movie 'Alice in wonderland'.

You better cut it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
naturalmi:
Well said! but i dont need funds to school in the US as i am funding myself without any help from family. I only spoke the truth.
Thats all

I sent you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
naturalmi:
Thats all

sorry for your denial .... However

If you are funding yourself then why put all that money into a school that after graduation with offer you very little......... This school can hardly help your CV at least not in America .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by naturalmi: 1:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thanks!! Lesson learnt and will try my best to change the situation as advised.
LagosismyHome:

sorry for your denial .... However

If you are funding yourself then why put all that money into a school that after graduation with offer you very little......... This school can hardly help your CV at least not in America .

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
cseejhay:
i am in a situation, WES sent my transcript to my school for verification, my school has verified and would be sending same by regular post today and this might take only God knows how long to get to WES. Bearing this in mind and also considering the fact that i have almost violated all application deadlines for the schools i am applying to, i discussed with the man in charge of final verification and posting at my school if he could use courier instead(a personal arrangement, school uses nipost normally).He agreed after charging me high.
My question is this.Can this cause me any form of problems with WES? cos if WES` has any doubt, they would mail the registrar and this mail will not get to this man and the registrar i return may reply WES that the school uses only NIPOST.pls has anyone done this before?
Also, who knows how long it takes to get a document from nigeria to the USA via NIPOST.nobody is obliged to provide a help but a timely response will be appreciated.Thanks alot.

Pls anybody with any helpful advise?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by guzzst: 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
Good day all.i would like the house to advise me,i just got admission in a university in boston,i have 10 yrs work experience, I am married and with a daughter,my wife is at the moment a student @ a university in us for her masters and my daughter is a citizen of America too,here is my challenge peeps,do I say all dis to the vo if I'm asked or do I say otherwise,if my wife and daughter are In the state,what would now be my home tie?i have a valid us visa on my passport and I have also been dere 4 times....i have a good job here but I also need to further and be more relevant in niger.......i need the gurus in the house to advise me..... appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
imperiouxx:

Instead of blaming this on innocent people, you could have channeled the same energy to blame the government for stealing and hoarding money. This is about inflation, market crashing, economy going downward in spiral. People sending money home work their asses.off to get that dollar. These people have families in Nigeria who are also affected by this inflation, spending twice as much. So expecting them to accept your N375 per $1 offer is like a scene in movie 'Alice in wonderland'.

You better cut it.

What sentence up denotes that I'm blaming anyone? I said we should not be excited about the falling Naira. Of course I also work my ass off to send Dollars home. Do you think I don't work here and send money home as well?
Let my post be a fairy tale...and ignore it if you're not interested.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 1:48pm On Feb 23, 2017
femi321:
Its obvious you are just doing comedy here please dont derail the thread and lets be serious abeg

I am more serious than you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 2:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
femi321:

Glad akin3102 has corrected you that $ is N375.
Most people are subconsciously happy about the falling Naira. I have cousins here in the US who are now citizens hoping that the Dollar gets to N1000. Because you no longer live in Nigeria does not mean you should hope the Dollar you earn here continues to increase in value back home. The N500 you sent in 2014 and the N1200 you send now both likely have the same purchasing power.
See, even the Dollar that we think is high and mighty is likely to fall in the not-so-distant future, but not as that of the Naira. The confidence it currently has worldwide will reduce, because governments around the world would begin to question it's current value as there are certain indicators blinking at the moment. Americans abroad will certainly not hope their currency loses value.
I earn Dollars here too, and send back home so don't think my perception of the matter is incomprehensible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 2:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
femi321:

Glad akin3102 has corrected you that $ is N375.
Most people are subconsciously happy about the falling Naira. I have cousins here in the US who are now citizens hoping that the Dollar gets to N1000. Because you no longer live in Nigeria does not mean you should hope the Dollar you earn here continues to increase in value back home. The N500 you sent in 2014 and the N1200 you send now both likely have the same purchasing power.
See, even the Dollar that we think is high and mighty is likely to fall in the not-so-distant future, but not as that of the Naira. The confidence it currently has worldwide will reduce, because governments around the world would begin to question it's current value as there are certain indicators blinking at the moment. Americans abroad will certainly not hope their currency loses value.
I earn Dollars here too, and send back home so don't think my perception of the matter is incomprehensible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
ImpeccableOne:

What sentence up denotes that I'm blaming anyone? I said we should not be excited about the falling Naira. Of course I also work my ass off to send Dollars home. Do you think I don't work here and send money home as well?
Let my post be a fairy tale...and ignore it if you're not interested.

Saying someone is rejoicing in the falling naira is a blame and which I addressed. And if you actually working your ass.off, you won't label those that send at N400+ per dollar as being excited. Question is can one person regulates exchange rate if not what's obtainable everywhere? So why focusing on people here when you can take the challenge to the government who is the factor that determines the exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
Acceptance! University of Minnesota

They were the only school that asked for TOEFL. I kuku wrote and sent the score to them.

No news on funding, will follow up on them.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 3:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
naturalmi:
Hello house!

THANKS
From my POV I'll say the bolded part there contributed maybe because from the answer all I can see is that you have not carried out proper research about the school and there was no strong explanation to why the school stood the most for you amongst others.. You may want to say that you did your home work and carried proper research on the school,I'll say you just didn't present it well...or maybe the VO wasn't just in the mood to give you a visa some people do have better explanations to their questions but the still end up getting denied .goodluck next time

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
OGreene:

They were the only school that asked for TOEFL. I kuku wrote and sent the score to them.

Wooow! That's a top school,congratulations!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 3:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
guzzst:
Good day all.i would like the house to advise me,i just got admission in a university in boston,i have 10 yrs work experience, I am married and with a daughter,my wife is at the moment a student @ a university in us for her masters and my daughter is a citizen of America too,here is my challenge peeps,do I say all dis to the vo if I'm asked or do I say otherwise,if my wife and daughter are In the state,what would now be my home tie?i have a valid us visa on my passport and I have also been dere 4 times....i have a good job here but I also need to further and be more relevant in niger.......i need the gurus in the house to advise me..... appreciate
Lol saying otherwise will just complicate you..besides I think you may have to fill in some informations when making an appointment about your family which of course you'll be asked about at the embassy..I don't think you have any thing to be concerned about..but then you pointed the need for home ties well obviously you have no reason to return home lol but if you feel you need to proof to them I'll say you get the company you work for to do something about it that's if you're currently working..you also have a Bussines you're running that could help if you do..or you can just wait for those watching us from the higher places to comment on this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Sorry about your rejection. I am no VO, but from my view; I think you got rejected because of your choices of schools. I don't want to believe your lack of travel history has any role in the decision. Try applying into more credible/ranked institutions and try again next time.
The dude did not do well in his response to questions, so the VO denied his application. Not really about the first choice of the school but the other school he mentioned got him down.

I would have put him through but no longer do that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
cseejhay:

Can anyone help on this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by revenant: 4:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
cseejhay:

Can anyone help on this?
Don't your school communicate through e-mail with WES. I think if your school is done with the verification process then you have nothing to worry about as they are going to include some of the document WES send to them-together with other documents when sending back to WES.
So using courier will be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by revenant: 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
cseejhay:

Can anyone help on this?

Approximately 3weeks using Nipost
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
More good news smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy
Another PhD Chemical Engineering at K-State with an RA
hirschfelder
Let the good news keep coming in

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Egonne1(f): 6:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 6:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
OGreene:

Congrats man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.