Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,688 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (697950 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by teepee4Him(m): 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2017
Mizzfy:

Thanks for your candid reply

What majors are you planning to study? The school is HBCU so it is quite friendly with international /black students. However, YOU WILL MOST LIKELY NOT GET any form of assistantship or funding in your first semester EXCEPT 'You are smart, hardworking and plan to get to the school at least 29days before resumption.

Furthermore, are you writing GRE and TOEFL, if Yes, you should probably make the school your last choice. If NO, you should write.

Finally, if the info I'm getting is correct, starting Fall 2017, international students might have to pay/deposit for a year's tuition before their arrival to school (or get I-20).

I saw your mail but this week is a little uptight. (Sorry for not responding). Will contact you by weekend or next week!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by lexycool01(m): 10:54pm On Mar 08, 2017
I need site or any link as to getting internship placement in United state. I study architecture and am about completing my 3rd year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mizzfy: 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2017
I'm planning to study Ms Computer Science as i have a bsc in computer science. Im also writing gre and toefl.

Well am a little discouraged with most things you have mentioned about the school.

I'm considering another school in North Carolina Winston-Salem state university as they seem more organised. I might be wrong though.

Working towards spring 2018.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 08, 2017
What is your profile like? GPA, work/research experience?
Mizzfy:
I'm planning to study Ms Computer Science as i have a bsc in computer science. Im also writing gre and toefl.

Well am a little discouraged with most things you have mentioned about the school.

I'm considering another school in North Carolina Winston-Salem state university as they seem more organised. I might be wrong though.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mizzfy: 11:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
sirRiddy:
What is your profile like? GPA, work/research experience?
I have a GPA of 4.00
Well i don't have any work experience in my field except that of Banking.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 11:32pm On Mar 08, 2017
Just hearing this. GTB cards wont work on Paypal again? Na wa ooo

Timi1990:

Gtb bank disable online transaction for some particular site . e.g PayPal,skrill, neteller, okay and the rest. The best you can use is Accessbank Visa card which is currently working with PayPal, but restricted to $100 per month. So get two Accessbank card and send your funds to someone in the USA or use moneygram it's a bit cheaper now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jatsay001: 11:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
ziggy3579:
Just seeing this, I already replied your mail

I replied your email. The rate is not high bro, anyway I can go with $1/420... Let me know when you are ready.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jatsay001: 11:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
I still have $751 to exchange for NAIRA at the rate of $1/420... PM for arrangement

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ishow(m): 12:09am On Mar 09, 2017
joeluv:
I want to use this opportunity to inspire prospective US graduate students. Please also apply to big and expensive schools. They have more funding. I got a an award of almost $24k a year in George Washington University. Whn I started the journey with GW I had no tuition just accomodation in that area. But I prayed hard for a miracle and it came in form of this award. Nigerians shy away from the school because we feel it's too expensive, but they really have good funding opportunities so it's a good try. Just want to Inspire others to try Thier luck. I have learnt a lot from this thread Thank You and best wishes.

Hi joeluv,

I'm also a prospective applicant to GWU for fall 2017. Can we please connect on whatsapp: 08053401948.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 12:25am On Mar 09, 2017
Time2Smile:
Hi all, I paid an application fee of $30 in form of money order on February 6 through a member of this forum who is in the United States. Unfortunately, the school has not received the money order up till now, though to the best of my knowledge the person actually made the purchase because He sent me a picture of the money order. We are currently trying to resolve the issue with USPS.

The application deadline was March 1, although I have been in contact with the programme coordinator and was informed that my application would still be considered if the payment is made promptly. The problem is the school only accepts money order or check. Please I need urgent help with this payment. I really like the school, the funding is generous and I believe I have a very good chance of being admitted. Thanks all.

Cc LagosismyHome, Walspring, Oludare1, Femi321, sirriddy, happyday

Oga , but I sent you the receipt and serial number of the money order which you verified yourself. I didn't hear from you not until ending of February when you told me that the school didn't receive the money order, that's when i became worried and have to go back to where I purchase the money order. I also sent you the enquiry form I filled at the post office with your name and all the necessary details on it . Have done all the necessary things I just need them to give me a positive response that "they will do a refund" . #ogaoooooooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 1:10am On Mar 09, 2017
Time2Smile:

I called the Grad school to ask about the status of my application and was informed that the application fee has not been received. I have calling to get updates since then.

The money order should be reimbursed, but I can't really wait for the process to run it due course. Application decision is due by March ending

I still need someone in US to make the payment in form of check, hence my post.

Send me a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 09, 2017
Depending on your transcripts and GRE score,
that is quite a good GPA. Try and ace the GRE
Mizzfy:
I have a GPA of 4.00
Well i don't have any work experience in my field except that of Banking.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by badoli: 3:01am On Mar 09, 2017
Greetings to u all, Can i take or use 7month passport validity to US embassy to apply for student visa? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 3:16am On Mar 09, 2017
Mizzfy:

Spread your wings..look into more schools. Never be discouraged about schools you are interested in. That's why typically you split your schools into categories - Ambitious (which are schools you know would be difficult to get into..might even include one Ivy if you feel you have a slight chance), Moderate (schools you think you should have no problem getting into with your profile) and Safe(which are backups in case something goes wrong with your moderate schools). It can be a lot of money applying and sending application materials, but it's worth the effort especially since you can start your applications early and be considered for funding.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Time2Smile(m): 5:52am On Mar 09, 2017
Time2Smile:
Hi all, I paid an application fee of $30 in form of money order on February 6 through a member of this forum who is in the United States. Unfortunately, the school has not received the money order up till now, though to the best of my knowledge the person actually made the purchase because He sent me a picture of the money order. We are currently trying to resolve the issue with USPS.

The application deadline was March 1, although I have been in contact with the programme coordinator and was informed that my application would still be considered if the payment is made promptly. The problem is the school only accepts money order or check. Please I need urgent help with this payment. I really like the school, the funding is generous and I believe I have a very good chance of being admitted. Thanks all.

Timi1990:

Oga , but I sent you the receipt and serial number of the money order which you verified yourself. I didn't hear from you not until ending of February when you told me that the school didn't receive the money order, that's when i became worried and have to go back to where I purchase the money order. I also sent you the enquiry form I filled at the post office with your name and all the necessary details on it . Have done all the necessary things I just need them to give me a positive response that "they will do a refund" . #ogaoooooooo

Is there any difference between your account and mine? You only explicated what I summarised.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DonManuel01(m): 6:02am On Mar 09, 2017
LagosismyHome:

So you need to ensure that when you reapply for your visa it is within 12 months

Thanks alot for this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 6:47am On Mar 09, 2017
Time2Smile:

No, You are not out of place to advice me. I did consider the ease of application when choosing schools. The application is pretty straightforward forward and doesn't require stressful process such as WES evaluation or official transcripts.

I have actually passed the stage where I can just change schools because I have sent all other application materials including GRE scores and I have paid the application fee once. I would rather pay twice instead of losing all the aforementioned resources and time spent on the application. In addition, the application for most good school has closed. Plus I am guaranteed funding if admitted to the school.
Exactly good point.I forgot the part were you said you wer given 50% scholarship grin I wouldn't have even thought of that lol.its worth a double,tripple payment. and also some free bottles of fanta for us grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mizzfy: 7:04am On Mar 09, 2017
sirRiddy:
Depending on your transcripts and GRE score,
that is quite a good GPA. Try and ace the GRE
Okay thanks. Do you currently attend the school? I mean Winston salem state university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:11am On Mar 09, 2017
slimmy2005:
let's help each other. I also need naira for my transcript as well. I can help pay for your Wes evaluation while you credit me with naira

I told him (espaciousay08) to pm you and i hope he did?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:12am On Mar 09, 2017
toluene1234:
Hello gurus, I have my first degree in computer science in 2010. But been working in a customer service environment since then. That means I have no work experience. I intend to apply to a graduate school in Information security and computer forensics. Most schools request my cv with no experience in dat field. Can I apply to do a two years associate degree in same Information security and digital forensics then after graduation apply for a master in same program.
What is d chance of getting a visa having had a degree in computer science and now going for an associate degree in information security and digital forensics which is lower than bachelor degree.

Please kindly advise.
Cc: Lagosismyhome, walspring,imperioux and other with good experience in this situation. Please a brother. Thanks

I replied you earlier on this via email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:12am On Mar 09, 2017
slimmy2005:
Please do they still request for two passport photograph at the embassy for visa? I heard they now upload passport on ds160 page

Yes and its mandatory now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:14am On Mar 09, 2017
ChristoBam:
Hey guys please how can I pay for my application fees as PayPal does not accept naira debit cards.Please is there any specific debit card I can use

Some banks now are not allowing their card for Paypal transaction for now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:15am On Mar 09, 2017
OGreene:
Maybe its the bank you are using. I have tried with my Access debit card. I know someone that used his GTB card on paypal site last month too.

But Since 24th/25th of that last month the Paypal transaction on the GTBank was paused and not going till now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:16am On Mar 09, 2017
Teedawg:
yea upload it and take 2passport they'll need one there

Since you upload online they dont need hard copy again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:17am On Mar 09, 2017
Fortissimo502:

They don't bruv. I uploaded mine and the 2 hardcopies i took to the consulate were returned. LagosNIV mentioned something about this too about a month ago on this here thread.

Uploading of the passport is now mandatory or the person will be send back or allow the person if (s)he has hard copy with him/her
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:19am On Mar 09, 2017
Folatush:

please can someone send me the link to part 8 and 9

You can see it below or above each part or check under the posted topic of Justwise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 9:20am On Mar 09, 2017
Walspring:

Since you upload online they dont need hard copy again
trust me I uploaded it but when I went they asked for it I took two they gave me one back..it won't cost anything just to take the passport to be safe

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:22am On Mar 09, 2017
titoakala:

yes undergraduate, am 28.. i finished with 2.55 in my ND. so i cant get scholarship with toefl?

You can get with toefl with some schools.. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:22am On Mar 09, 2017
chimsimdindu:

Going for Undergraduate ?
SAT is needed for most scholarship. Very high Score.
What's ur high school GPA ? cause it matters.
How old are u. ?

There are some schools that make use of TOEFL for scholarship too..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:25am On Mar 09, 2017
badoli:
Greetings to u all, Can i take or use 7month passport validity to US embassy to apply for student visa? Thanks

Is better to go and renew first before going for the interview because at the end of the day you will still go back and renew
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 9:26am On Mar 09, 2017
when one's passport expires with a valid visa in it after renewal will one have to apply for another visa ?(student visa) mine will expire by March 2018 and I'm going for all 17 can I just do everything here will I'm still around to reduce cost ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:29am On Mar 09, 2017
Teedawg:
when one's passport expires with a valid visa in it after renewal will one have to apply for another visa ?(student visa) mine will expire by March 2018 and I'm going for all 17 can I just do everything here will I'm still around to reduce cost ?

You don't need to apply for another visa....instead you travel with both passports. Some people just holds both passports with rubber bands

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.