Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (699163 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by titoakala: 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
chimsimdindu:

Ur applying as an undergraduate . Most of the scholarship are labelled 'for first time freshmen only'
Ur having ND has disqualified u from freshmen scholarships.

But maybe u can write to the school if u can evaluate ur ND transcript.
Maybe then u ll be a transfer student.

Please the GURUS in the house can help !
guess i have to take scholarship off the table cos most people say i need to do sat in order to get that.. pls after sending my toefl score to a school, do they reply before i start processing admission? thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by chimsimdindu: 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
titoakala:

Very high. Why don't u take SAT. I guess 3.64/4 ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by chimsimdindu: 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2017
titoakala:

guess i have to take scholarship off the table cos most people say i need to do sat in order to get that.. pls after sending my toefl score to a school, do they reply before i start processing admission? thanks
Search for each school requirements. It differs.
But application for admission is first.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jatsay001: 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2017
ziggy3579:
Bayu pumpin , I dey here o..... Na Yankee straight.,na how I go pay my i20 shipping fee I dey find..... How your side and hope you are making progress?

Pm you now... I can do it at the rate of 425/$
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by titoakala: 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2017
chimsimdindu:
Search for each school requirements. It differs. But application for admission is first.
will do.. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by feguson123: 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
joeluv:
I want to use this opportunity to inspire prospective US graduate students. Please also apply to big and expensive schools. They have more funding. I got a an award of almost $24k a year in George Washington University. Whn I started the journey with GW I had no tuition just accomodation in that area. But I prayed hard for a miracle and it came in form of this award. Nigerians shy away from the school because we feel it's too expensive, but they really have good funding opportunities so it's a good try. Just want to Inspire others to try Thier luck. I have learnt a lot from this thread Thank You and best wishes.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ziggy3579: 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
I taught of that too, thanks a bunch
biikeys:

Has been mentioned here few times. Instead of using eshipglobal,have it shipped to someone here and let them mail it to you..save come cash.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by feguson123: 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
feguson123:
joeluv:
I want to use this opportunity to inspire prospective US graduate students. Please also apply to big and expensive schools. They have more funding. I got a an award of almost $24k a year in George Washington University. Whn I started the journey with GW I had no tuition just accomodation in that area. But I prayed hard for a miracle and it came in form of this award. Nigerians shy away from the school because we feel it's too expensive, but they really have good funding opportunities so it's a good try. Just want to Inspire others to try Thier luck. I have learnt a lot from this thread Thank You and best wishes.
what was the criterias for earning the award?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by titoakala: 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
chimsimdindu:
Very high. Why don't u take SAT. I guess 3.64/4 ?
money is the problem, this toefl i did self na agidi..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
titoakala:

money is the problem, this toefl i did self na agidi..

Not to discourage you but the reality is with limited money and no scholarship it very difficult to school in the US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by titoakala: 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Not to discourage you but the reality is with limited money and no scholarship it very difficult to school in the US
i understand, have someone who is ready to pay for tuition, all i have to do on my own is to get admission & he will take care of the rest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2017
titoakala:

i understand, have someone who is ready to pay for tuition, all i have to do on my own is to get admission & he will take care of the rest.

Better be 101% sure he will..especially if it's not a parent taking care of this. You also have living expenses.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shamecurls(m): 5:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
slimmy2005:
how much you need?

$233.91 CAD for WES
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by titoakala: 5:16pm On Mar 07, 2017
biikeys:

Better be 101% sure he will..especially if it's not a parent taking care of this. You also have living expenses.
aiit, thanks..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyroyalty: 5:16pm On Mar 07, 2017
biikeys:

Great point that scholarship will help a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
Merit based departmental award. There was no application so don't know the criteria they used.
feguson123:
what was the criterias for earning the award?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kevoki(m): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
slimmy2005:
thats very exorbitant bro. Help a brother pls, i seriously need to make this payment asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by worry357: 5:41pm On Mar 07, 2017
Kevoki:
thats very exorbitant bro. Help a brother pls, i seriously need to make this payment asap
Dollars (and Pounds)
are a sellers market, no point crying about last years rate!
It's very, very simple. Pay or go without!
Plenty of folk will snatch them at that rate.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 6:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
Kevoki:

It amazes me how people still let others dictate to them how much rate and things. Its 2017 people. We already have dollar master cards being issued by our banks. Economy might be bad, but our banking system aint that bad. I just signed up with SkyeBank dollar card with $3000 monthly limit unlike my GT naira card $100/month limit.

It just baffles me reading on here when people need dollar or naira, i never knew nairaland is now some bureau de change giving rooms for potential scammers and scammees. Go and open a domiciliary/dollarcard account and you would make any payment from here rather than lobbying on Nairaland. Goshhh. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyroyalty: 7:13pm On Mar 07, 2017
omoluabiguy:

It amazes me how people still let others dictate to them how much rate and things. Its 2017 people. We already have dollar master cards being issued by our banks. Economy might be bad, but our banking system aint that bad. I just signed up with SkyeBank dollar card with $3000 monthly limit unlike my GT naira card $100/month limit.

It just baffles me reading on here when people need dollar or naira, i never knew nairaland is now some bureau de change giving rooms for potential scammers and scammees. Go and open a domiciliary/dollarcard account and you would make any payment from here rather than lobbying on Nairaland. Goshhh. angry

Please at what exchange rate Sir

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2017
Hello, please I recently got admission into a school in U.S. Will 3 previous refusals on my passport and the recent one being from Ukraine embassy affect the chances of visa approval.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by worry357: 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
niyi98:
Hello, please I recently got admission into a school in U.S. Will 3 previous refusals on my passport and the recent one being from Ukraine embassy affect the chances of visa approval.Thanks

Yes
Of course they will affect the decision.
You do not state the reason for refusal but unless you make BIG changes to your circumstances you chance being refused again.

Do not make the mistake of lying, that just leads to a ban.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Lmao..This your post is funny. I am not a proponent of all these dollar/ Naira deals but if someone needs dollar and another needs Naira..whats the big deal about them striking a deal? Anywaz you talked about dollar mastercard as if it is that easy..wont you source for dollar to deposit into that Dorm account? Nigeria banks are selling dollars to individuals without you using form A or filling BTA/PTA form? You will still get your dollar at black market rate which is still higher than what you will bargain here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by signature2012(m): 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
omoluabiguy:

If you are to pass an information,kindly do it in the right way.One of the best and safest way to get Naira to Dollar with good rate is from here.If anyone is offering dollars in exchange for naira,the best option for both parties is to use ESCROW.

You just signed up with Skye bank for $3k monthly,have you sat down and think how you will fund the card?
Let me tell you if you don't know,you are to buy dollars from black market at a very high rate to fund that card,if you think the bank will fund your $$ master card @ 375,then OYO is your name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by signature2012(m): 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
femi321:
Lmao..This your post is funny. I am not a proponent of all these dollar/ Naira deals but if someone needs dollar and another needs Naira..whats the big deal about them striking a deal? Anywaz you talked about dollar mastercard as if it is that easy..wont you source for dollar to deposit into that Dorm account? Nigeria banks are selling dollars to individuals without you using form A or filling BTA/PTA form? You will still get your dollar at black market rate which is still higher than what you will bargain here.

Don't mind that guy,some people will just come here to drop wrong info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TheGreat342: 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
Hello,
is anyone in RIT here?. Please PM me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2017
femi321:

Well, I have a way of getting dollars way cheaper without patronizing black market, but then if I didn't have such source; I'll rather deal with a black market man I can see physically than risk sending money to someone account whom I haven't met before. I'll rather buy from mallam for 450 and collect my dollar than being conditioned to pay my naira first before getting the dollar. What if I pay naira and the other person abscond? Well, we all have different opinions; personally, I can't send naira first and you can't send dollar first either. If you can't trust me, why should I trust you? What's the difference between 440 someone offered on here and 450 from black market anyway? 10naira? I'll rather spare 10 naira on a physical and assured deal than losing my whole 440 cuz I want to reduce 10 naira cost.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2017
signature2012:

If you are to pass an information,kindly do it in the right way.One of the best and safest way to get Naira to Dollar with good rate is from here.If anyone is offering dollars in exchange for naira,the best option for both parties is to use ESCROW.

You just signed up with Skye bank for $3k monthly,have you sat down and think how you will fund the card?
Let me tell you if you don't know,you are to buy dollars from black market at a very high rate to fund that card,if you think the bank will fund your $$ master card @ 375,then OYO is your name.

Well, I won't argue with you because I understand that it would be selfish of me arguing with you knowing I have my way of sourcing for dollars as low as 350. Knowing that not everyone has such privilege. I apologize for whatever way you take it, but I insist I'll rather deal with someone I can see than a faceless forum.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Well, I won't argue with you because I understand that it would be selfish of me arguing with you knowing I have my way of sourcing for dollars as low as 350. Knowing that not everyone has such privilege. I apologize for whatever way you take it, but I insist I'll rather deal with someone I can see than a faceless forum.
What's the way please? I am interested. Are you in Lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 8:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
DeeTus:
What's the way please? I am interested. Are you in Lagos?
lol. me too Iam interested.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Ehnnnnm abeg show us the way ooo...

Hope it not from a safe / vault in the middle of some village wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 9:06pm On Mar 07, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Ehnnnnm abeg show us the way ooo...
Hope it not from a safe / vault in the middle of some village wink
Lol, So you too dey shade person.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.