Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,830 members, 7,866,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:42 PM

How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two (6505 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / How Atheists Feel On Nairaland / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two by JackBizzle: 9:07am On Apr 17, 2017
stephenmorris:
been a while bro

grin long time
Re: How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two by sonofluc1fer: 11:12am On May 31, 2017
bumpity bump
Re: How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two by JackBizzle: 11:20am On May 31, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
bumpity bump
Re: How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two by CuteMadridista: 11:50am On Mar 13, 2018
hmmmmm
Re: How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two by JackBizzle: 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2018
CuteMadridista:
hmmmmm

How far?

Butterflyl1on ati felixomor, where una dey?
Re: How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two by OtemAtum: 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
JackBizzle:
1) When a religious person tells us about a miracle that they witnessed;

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4352086_imagesearch1476368892567_jpeg933ea68305cdba2e5e7f2a1df506dbce
I have missed, pls link to part 1 abeg. It must be fun all the way.

1 Like

Re: How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two by Niflheim(m): 1:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
@JackBizzle,

You forgot this one!!!

[/b]When you see a christian eating grass on Youtube!!![b]

Re: How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two by Mujtahida: 2:56pm On Mar 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Religious groups so often reach out to people when they are at their weakest point, capitalizing on the suffering of others. Despite their best intentions, this is ultimately predatory behavior.
I wonder why evangelists aren't bothered by what this says about the product they're selling. They know the most likely time for a sale is when their target is the least able to think clearly and make rational choices. All of their most aggressive efforts are focused at the most vulnerable people.

They target children before they're old enough to know that their parents are often wrong. They target young adults when they're first away from home and feeling lonely. They target other people when they're sick, grieving, or struck by some other tragedy. They target the elderly when they're lonely and afraid of death.

It's even worse than that, In my church days I recall people openly advocating this approach, and attributing it to the deity they worship.
"God wants us broken so He can work in and through us. He can't if we're too self-sufficient". The more Calvinistic among them would probably say that God would make that person broken to the point where they see no viable alternative than to seek God's intervention and redemption."

This isn't used just to lure in vulnerable potential converts. It's also used as a tool to keep the sheep and those who at least appear to believe in line.
precisely what a man of God said at a church program I was obliged to attend on behalf of my boss. He said people are most willing to accept God when they have problems or are in need. He mentioned hospital and airports as the juicy places to meet such needy people. I was just shaking my head. No wonder Nietzche called them corrupt.
Re: How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two by Mujtahida: 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2018
akintom:

Those folks are pathetic. The question is this, with all their weird and foolish claims, of how their scarecrow can turn day to night, don't they still go through life challenges?

There's one of their shepherd man, that has been boasting upandan, that he will live till 120 years before he dies. But i look at this deluded folk, he looks 80 years old now, when he's just in his early sixties.
Oyedepo
Re: How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two by Mujtahida: 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
MizMyColi:

I'm sorry if my post sounds condescending to you. Whenever I speak with a very calm mien, some people think I'm being condescending...but that's not true.

But Aren't you a militant atheist?
How is my pointing out the obvious being condescending.

I see you do not like it when folks serve you a taste of your own medicine (that's assuming I meant to be).

No, dear Jack, I do not judge you. I actually admire you because you are brilliant and smart. This is me expressing myself in the hope that it helps you on your way to becoming a better person.

Even if you came to NL before me, I think I have spent waaayyyy more time on Nairaland than you. So if there is anyone "wasting" their time, it should be me, not you.

Someone once said that after you give birth to a child, there is no more YOU.

If you go through my post history, you will find that I have been active since that day.

But I figured you wouldn't see reasons with me so there was no need wasting precious time (then), to counter and discounter.

It is actually an honorable thing to walk away from a seeming non-productive argument...instead of trying to force your views on another.

Feeling this compulsive need to be seen as the right one when an argument ensues is a form of violence in itself.

I don't want to be a violent person. No one should.
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant

1 Like

Re: How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two by MizMyColi(f): 7:44pm On Mar 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant

Lol

Hi, Mujtahida.
Happy Sunday cheesy
Re: How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two by Emmanystone: 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2018
JackBizzle:

How far?

Butterflyl1on ati felixomor, where una dey?
I even think say you don die. No die o, you never repent grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? / If You Believe In Reincarnation Get In Here And Answer These Questions ! / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.