Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups (33818 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / FRSC Applicant Collapses & Dies During Screening In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Peace Corps Of Nigeria Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 24, 2017
Mony done go
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by obembet(f): 9:35am On Jan 24, 2017
Hmmmmmm
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by ularibabe: 9:35am On Jan 24, 2017
ATTENTION: Brothers and Sisters. There is NOTHING called merge for this ok. Am part of Peace Corps of Nigeria and there is nothing like Dr. Nneji as to PCN. The formfor Peace Corps of Nigeria remains 1500 and training fees is 40k NOT 85k so don't lie to whatits real known to me and what am part of. Who is DR. Nnewi or Nneji ? I know DR. AKO. PEACE CORPS OF NIGERIA is registered by DR. AKO not Nneji. He came out because government is now showing interest. He should not cause any confussion. He is a scam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by austinbrown: 9:39am On Jan 24, 2017
popsyleo1:
Who is DR. Nnewi or Nneji ? I know DR. AKO. PEACE CORPS OF NIGERIA is registered by DR. AKO not Nneji. He came out because government is now showing interest. He should not cause any confussion.
that man is just something else, he is just busy causing confusion, Akoh will finally be the commandant general
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by leisuretym: 9:42am On Jan 24, 2017
what is the use of this peace corps? we can not have police, army, navy , airforce, civil defence , civilian JTF, vigilante groups, and so on receiving salaries from tax payers money and you are still talking about peace corps,

INSTEAD OF HAVING "PEACE CORPS, why not AGRIC MARSHALLS OR AGRIC CORPS ??

we have so many university of Agriculture in Nigeria, training youth to be farmers and into other agric related field, why not employ many of these jobless youth who are the product of these university of agriculture and trained them as agric marshals ?? teach them how to fix tractors, operate tractors and inspect farms, help farmers with their knowledge to boost food production instead of useless peace corps?

APC should use their brain, what is the relationship between the university system and the reality of things on ground ? why do you have the universities of agriculture all over the place? where are the product of these universities of agriculture? BUhari! Chai!!!

you can reduce crime by making food available to the common man by using agric marshals instead of peace boys scout!!

1 Like

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by harizonal123(m): 10:03am On Jan 24, 2017
Fake news

1 Like

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Lanretoye(m): 10:04am On Jan 24, 2017
leisuretym:
what is the use of this peace corps? we can not have police, army, navy , airforce, civil defence , civilian JTF, vigilante groups, and so on receiving salaries from tax payers money and you are still talking about peace corps,

we have so many university of Agriculture in Nigeria, training youth to be farmers and into other agric related field, why not employ many of these jobless youth who are the product of these university of agriculture and trained them as agric marshals ?? teach them how to fix tractors, operate tractors and inspect farms, help farmers with their knowledge to boost food production instead of useless peace corps?

APC should use their brain, why is the relationship between the university system of the reality of things on ground ? why do you have the universities of agriculture all over the place? where are the product of these universities of agriculture? BUhari! Chai!!!

you can reduce crime by making food available to the common man by using agric marshals instead of peace boys scout!!
I concur

1 Like

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by hooged: 10:05am On Jan 24, 2017
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by HAH: 10:07am On Jan 24, 2017
Honestly I don't know why they want to make this organisation as a government parastatal, it should remain a voluntary organisation, as it is all I see is they are trying to create jobs for boys but in the real sense of it what is the work of police, to me even civil defence is useless.

If I were the president I will sent a bill to the national assembly to incorporate , civil defence, road safety and NDLEA into the police, they will be division within a larger police, no one will be sacked but they will all be under the IGP, each section will be headed by someone equivalent to DIG and will report to the IGP who will report directly to the president

Organization's like peace Corp, boys brigade, boys scout, wai brigade, man o war, etc will remain voluntary organisation but membership of such organisation will be a prerequisite or added advantage to join the police, miltary, or SSS
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by hooged: 10:08am On Jan 24, 2017
Dr akoh attended

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by bonna4u(m): 10:13am On Jan 24, 2017
leisuretym:

APC should use their brain, why is the relationship between the university system of the reality of things on ground ? why do you have the universities of agriculture all over the place? where are the product of these universities of agriculture? BUhari! Chai!!!

You made so much sense @the agric marshalls.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by deolu2000(m): 10:15am On Jan 24, 2017
Flexherbal:

Let me add my voice to your voice in asking this question.
they intend to be a paramilitary group that maintain internal security on the local level or within the neigbourhood. Something slightly similar to NSCDC. But it will all depend on the kind of authority given to them through the mandate frm the senate/rep n abv all frm the presidency.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by hooged: 10:20am On Jan 24, 2017
JOURNEY SO FAR
Finally, truth has triumphed over falsehood and the day has been separated from the night. On this platform, we intimate the general public on the status of the Nigerian Peace Corps Bill. Today, with joy and all sense of clarity, we provide report of the Conference Committee of the National Assembly bestowed with the mandate to harmonise the Nigerian Peace Corps Bill.
You may wish to recall that both the Senate and House of Representatives in 2016 passed two different versions of the Nigerian Peace Corps Bill. This development calls for the need to harmonise the Bill in line with the rules of the National Assembly before it will be transmitted to Mr President for his assent.
It is therefore in view of this that the two Chambers of the National Assembly setup a Conference Committee to reconcile the Nigerian Peace Corps Bill in their respective Plenary in November, 2016.
It is noteworthy to re-state that the core mandate of the Nigerian Peace Corps Bill is to Empower, Develop and provide gainful employment for the youths, to Facilitate Peace, Volunteerism, Community Services, Neigbhourhood Watch, Nation-building and other related matters.
However, history was once again made today with the laying and approval of the report of the Conference Committee on the Nigerian Peace Corps Bill by the two Chambers of the National Assembly.
The Committee observed differences in twelve (12) Clauses of the Bill passed and consequently harmonized same. The major aspects of the Bill that where harmonized are as follows:
• The outright rejection of the Clause that included the National Unity and Peace Corps in the Bill. It would be recalled that it was only the Senate that passed the National Unity and Peace Corps Bill, while that of our organization, the Nigerian Peace Corps was passed by both the Senate and House of Representatives. During the Conference Committee of the two chambers, the House of Representatives out-rightly rejected the National Unity and Peace Corps Bill on the ground that the Bill was never before it.
• Clause 37(g) was adopted with an amendment to read “that groups, associations and organisations that have similar objectives and have shown or demonstrated interest to be absorbed as members of the Nigerian Peace Corps shall be absorbed subject to the mandatory Initial Training/Orientation Programme as prescribed from time-to-time upon the commencement of this Act”.
• It is equally significant to stress here that the Conference Committee retains the domiciling of the Nigerian Peace Corps in the Federal Ministry of Youth Development; the Ministry that is statutorily vested with the responsibility of overseeing youth matters.
• The Committee retains the age limit of individuals who shows interest to be enlisted as members of the Nigerian Peace Corps to be between 18 and 35 years upon the commencement of this Act.
• Above all, the nomenclature or better still, the title of the Head of the Nigerian Peace Corps as recognized by the Act is the ‘National Commandant’.
The harmonized report has finally put to rest all the needless controversies bordering on which organization’s Bill that was passed by the National Assembly. Find enclosed, for confirmation, the order paper on the set proceedings of today’s seating.
The consolidated report approved by the House of Representatives today has brought to conclusion all legislative processes. Thus, the Nigerian Peace Corps Bill is now ripe and ready to be transmitted to Mr President for his assent.
In view of this significant milestone in the history this organisation, on behalf of the entire Officers and Men of the Peace Corps of Nigeria and the Nigerian Youths as a whole, I wish to express our profound appreciation to the leadership and the entire members of the National Assembly for their sense of patriotism, high sense of justice and the confidence reposed in this organisation.
Despite the prevailing economic realities, I urge all officers and men of this organization nationwide as well as our supporters and well-wishers to exercise patience as we remain hopeful and highly optimistic that the President will assent to this all-important Bill as soon as possible.
God bless Peace Corps of Nigeria!
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by euchariadavid(f): 10:21am On Jan 24, 2017
princejenks:
how much are the trainees paid as salary after they get signed on?
120,000 for Bsc
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by euchariadavid(f): 10:23am On Jan 24, 2017
377:
20 percent will be taken and 80 percent taken as volunteers. Heard from a reliable source.
Exactly
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by euchariadavid(f): 10:26am On Jan 24, 2017
Skerere:
Peace Corp will Buhari assent to this bill? I doubt it. This govt has been complaining of lack of funds to finance the budget, merging of MDAs to reduce duplication of efforts.** Just thinking out loud**
Yea,we just pray he assent to it
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by princejenks(m): 10:30am On Jan 24, 2017
euchariadavid:

120,000 for Bsc
like seriously? wow! my sis has a msc and got signed on but she wont reveal her salary
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by obinna002: 10:32am On Jan 24, 2017
Hmmmmmmmmm, now I know that some people are confused and fraustrated, but I know in few weeks time, they bill will be signed into law,, that's how they said civil defence will never work, but today everyone is paying huge sum of money , lobbying to get civil defence job, I know in few years time that is how everybody will also be lobbing, paying money to get peace corps job, so whether we like it or not they bill will be signed in few weeks time, there's no two ways about it. You can hate them or like them, but you change it.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by smart024(m): 10:36am On Jan 24, 2017
AND NOW, THE BATTLE OF SUPREMACY BEGINS BETWEEN NNEJI AND AKOR...

Saw this coming...
cool cool cool
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by anthney87: 10:41am On Jan 24, 2017
This information was as at last year august when they were making plans on peace corps 2nd hearing.
for the price... 1500 for form and #40000 for camp and training fees. why do Nigerians like exaggeration so much. why not report news the way they are. Nass and rep are currently on the briefing on NPC and soon it will get to the office of the president to b signed.
The money is high tho but this is nija better put some effort there and hope than not trying at all. that was how pipo discouraged guys from NSCDC saying wat are de going to do. what of road safety. remember we also have VIO. peace corps will surely have something to do.

in US we have the Navy, naval seal, marines, us coast guard. all na abt water but different jobs. here we have only navy. the navy will try subject and stop all other parastatal just to favour only them

know if all these are done like state police coast guard marines etc it will reduce unemployment too and crime rate.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by owji: 10:54am On Jan 24, 2017
Nigeria peace corps ,please stop this charade. They keep referring USA having peace corps too but the peace
corps in USA is a voluntary program and not avenue to create employment for USA citizen.

I pity those gullible ppl like myself and other ppl that have already dolled out money to the Peace corps.
I think the peace corp should better continue as voluntary organization and keep collecting their 45k and above
for training etc.

You keep on selling recruitment forms and training ppl (in hundreds of thousands) and also promise them
employment,Now.it is the same commandant general of Nigeria Peace Corps that said that at the eventual assent
by PMB the ratio of commissioned officer to voluntary officer will be 20%-80% (20 for officers & 80 for
voluntary office). Just imagine!, and you have already promised employment to all ppl that have enrolled.
You keep hiding under the disguise of generating employment for the youth & you think PMB cant read between
the lines!, more so you keep selling recruitment form to older ppl (40yrs and above)...is a man of 40 years and
above still a youth??.

i will keep telling ppl that they should not pay any 5k for recruitment form or 45k for some phony training. when
the federal government takes over fully there wont be need to pay for training or to buy recruitment form. Note
that there are still other fees to be paid.

WHAT IS THE JOB OF PEACE CORP IN NIGERIA
1. to promote peace in Nigeria (like the other military/paramilitary outfits have been promoting war)
2. to engage 800,000 youths in meaningful employment (Nigeria army and navy combined don't have up to
600,000 officers) grin
3. to end insurgency (without arms. na juju dem wan use? ) grin
4. to curb cultism in secondary school and university. undecided
5. to curb exam malpractices. undecided
and most importantly for the officers to be getting paid by the fed govt. grin grin grin
see, the Peace corps don't have the interest of the country at heart, what they hungry for is SALARY!!! another
avenue to waste govt resources.

Again, Nigeria peace corps should stop this charade.
A word is enough for the wise

3 Likes

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by owji: 10:57am On Jan 24, 2017
Will you have the govt to start creating phony ministries, parastatals, paramilitaries every now and then just to
employ youths? that is NOT possible. In my own opinion the govt should create an enabling environment (soft
loans,infrastructure, power,laws etc) for youths to be self employed, govt cant possibly employ all youths.

The reasons for establishment being talked about by peace corp members are not just cogent enough I.E curbing
exam malpractices, community service, neighborhood watch.

God bless Nigeria. God bless PMB.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by desmont004: 11:00am On Jan 24, 2017
princejenks:
DEGREE 120K, MSC 146-148K
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by hartson(m): 11:01am On Jan 24, 2017
obinna002:
Hmmmmmmmmm, now I know that some people are confused and fraustrated, but I know in few weeks time, they bill will be signed into law,, that's how they said civil defence will never work, but today everyone is paying huge sum of money , lobbying to get civil defence job, I know in few years time that is how everybody will also be lobbing, paying money to get peace corps job, so whether we like it or not they bill will be signed in few weeks time, there's no two ways about it. You can hate them or like them, but you change it.
Keep an eye on them for new developments.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by owji: 11:02am On Jan 24, 2017
desmont004:
DEGREE 120K, MSC 146-148K

LOL, stop misleading Nigerians. This is a big lie You guys dont coll3ct any salary from FG
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by owji: 11:05am On Jan 24, 2017
princejenks:

No salary for them yet until maybe if the FG assented to it, which I doubt.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by princejenks(m): 11:16am On Jan 24, 2017
owji:

No salary for them yet until maybe if the FG assented to it, which I doubt.
but I gather they were an ngo before so they are being funded in addition to the fee they charge for sign up. do you think nigerian youths would want to work for free under any guise?
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by owji: 11:19am On Jan 24, 2017
princejenks:
but I gather they were an ngo before so they are being funded in addition to the fee they charge for sign up. do you think nigerian youths would want to work for free under any guise?

my dear brother, do t let anyone deceive you. I did the peace corps nonsense trainings in year 2013, they dont pay anyting even their staffs do t get salary. it is just a volunteer program.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by owji: 11:24am On Jan 24, 2017
princejenks:

ask any peace corp officerw around you if they have been collecting salaries.

peace corps wasted my time, money and emotion in 2013 when I got trained. ever since we finished training, it's
been bring this money, bring that money. I even did doc verification more than 3 times. there selling point was
and still is that the fed govt will take over and start paying us salary.

Eventually my eyes opened and looked elsewhere for job, and to the glory of God I m now gainfully employed.
had I waited for nigeria peace corp of corruption, then I will wait a long time just like some peace corps ooficers.

I have taken it upon myself to tell all those who care to listen what sort of a scam nigeria peace corp of
corruption was and still is. No wonder PMB called it PEACE CORPS OF CORRUPTION.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by louqas: 11:27am On Jan 24, 2017
leisuretym:

APC should use their brain, what is the relationship between the university system and the reality of things on ground ? why do you have the universities of agriculture all over the place? where are the product of these universities of agriculture? BUhari! Chai!!!

You were making sense at the beginning of your comment but you spoiled it by dragging Buhari into it, how is this buhari fault...... he is yet to assent to the bill yet you are shouting buhari Up and down like a mad man .........
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by owji: 11:31am On Jan 24, 2017
louqas:

You were making sense at the beginning of your comment but you spoiled it by dragging Buhari into it, how is this buhari fault...... he is yet to assent to the bill yet you are shouting buhari Up and down like a mad man .........

easy boy! the dude made a good point. period
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by chelseababy(f): 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
Wat will happen to all the people that paid for the training,will all be enlisted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Flights To New Zealand Are Offered To Job Jeekers With IT Skills. / Top 10 Job Sites In Nigeria / Immigration: FG Bars Persons Who Stammer, Bad Teeth, K-Legs, Obesity From Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.