Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups (33816 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / FRSC Applicant Collapses & Dies During Screening In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Peace Corps Of Nigeria Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by akanbiaa(m): 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
owji:

LOL, stop misleading Nigerians. This is a big lie
You guys dont coll3ct any salary from FG
Some of them posted to LGA gates and schools get paid 5k monthly though and even if Buhari signs to law only a very few fragment likely those with strong connection will be on Federal Government pay roll others will continue being voluntary workers

1 Like

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by princejenks(m): 1:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
owji:

ask any peace corp officerw around you if they have been collecting salaries.

peace corps wasted my time, money and emotion in 2013 when I got trained. ever since we finished training, it's
been bring this money, bring that money. I even did doc verification more than 3 times. there selling point was
and still is that the fed govt will take over and start paying us salary.

Eventually my eyes opened and looked elsewhere for job, and to the glory of God I m now gainfully employed.
had I waited for nigeria peace corp of corruption, then I will wait a long time just like some peace corps ooficers.

I have taken it upon myself to tell all those who care to listen what sort of a scam nigeria peace corp of
corruption was and still is. No wonder PMB called it PEACE CORPS OF CORRUPTION.
while you've your facts having been trained in 2013 but a lot has happened since then;almost 4 years now,the organization is now recognized by law and awaits presidential assent.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by desmont004: 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
owji:

LOL, stop misleading Nigerians. This is a big lie
You guys dont coll3ct any salary from FG
oga, am not saying now... I mean the para military (NSCDC, police)etc
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by solzil(m): 1:51pm On Jan 24, 2017
Peacecorps F.C.T command,plz add 08142294789
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by topsam1(m): 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
leisuretym:
what is the use of this peace corps? we can not have police, army, navy , airforce, civil defence , civilian JTF, vigilante groups, and so on receiving salaries from tax payers money and you are still talking about peace corps,

INSTEAD OF HAVING "PEACE CORPS, why not AGRIC MARSHALLS OR AGRIC CORPS ??

we have so many university of Agriculture in Nigeria, training youth to be farmers and into other agric related field, why not employ many of these jobless youth who are the product of these university of agriculture and trained them as agric marshals ?? teach them how to fix tractors, operate tractors and inspect farms, help farmers with their knowledge to boost food production instead of useless peace corps?

APC should use their brain, what is the relationship between the university system and the reality of things on ground ? why do you have the universities of agriculture all over the place? where are the product of these universities of agriculture? BUhari! Chai!!!

you can reduce crime by making food available to the common man by using agric marshals instead of peace boys scout!!

Leave grammar I beg, you are only stressing yourself...who go finance am? When one of the recognised ministries dey complain last year say e no receive a dime for last year budget...is there any provision for the corps this year? The 500000 youths wey buhari promise, he don pay them all? Go to the table of the president, you go see bills wey dem don pass without assent from the president since 1999...goodluck to them shaaa
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by topsam1(m): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
princejenks:
like seriously? wow! my sis has a msc and got signed on but she wont reveal her salary

LMAO!!!
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by owji: 2:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
topsam1:

Leave grammar I beg, you are only stressing yourself...who go finance am? When one of the recognised ministries dey complain last year say e no receive a dime for last year budget...is there any provision for the corps this year? The 500000 youths wey buhari promise, he don pay them all? Go to the table of the president, you go see bills wey dem don pass without assent from the president since 1999...goodluck to them shaaa

LOL grin
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by leisuretym: 3:05pm On Jan 24, 2017
louqas:

You were making sense at the beginning of your comment but you spoiled it by dragging Buhari into it, how is this buhari fault...... he is yet to assent to the bill yet you are shouting buhari Up and down like a mad man .........

are you alright? just asking!!! dont lie!
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by KillJoy62(m): 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2017
ularibabe:
ATTENTION: Brothers and Sisters. There is NOTHING called merge for this ok. Am part of Peace Corps of Nigeria and there is nothing like Dr. Nneji as to PCN. The formfor Peace Corps of Nigeria remains 1500 and training fees is 40k NOT 85k so don't lie to whatits real known to me and what am part of. Who is DR. Nnewi or Nneji ? I know DR. AKO. PEACE CORPS OF NIGERIA is registered by DR. AKO not Nneji. He came out because government is now showing interest. He should not cause any confussion. He is a scam
my brother go nd do some research of how ur Nigerian peace corp came about, did u know dat dr ako was once a member of nupec ie national unity and peace corp, b4 he formed his own npc, nupec based as mediators, while npc are 4 youth empowerment, and 4 d training nd registration fees are supposed to be dat amount bcus dey are still an ngo, nd not yet adopted by the federal government, so reasons why such amount is charged is 4 d running of der office as an ngo. dr nneji is commandant general of nupec, nd is currently the acting national commandant pcn, dr akor is still active nd pls stop spreading rumors if u don't have reliable info.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by euchariadavid(f): 4:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
owji:

LOL, stop misleading Nigerians. This is a big lie You guys dont coll3ct any salary from FG
Thats the truth;bt until Mr President aproved/sign on it
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by euchariadavid(f): 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
owji:

LOL, stop misleading Nigerians. This is a big lie You guys dont coll3ct any salary from FG
Thats the truth;bt until Mr President aproved/sign on it
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by princejenks(m): 5:12pm On Jan 24, 2017
topsam1:

LMAO!!!
what's funny na?
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by princejenks(m): 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2017
KillJoy62:
my brother go nd do some research of how ur Nigerian peace corp came about, did u know dat dr ako was once a member of nupec ie national unity and peace corp, b4 he formed his own npc, nupec based as mediators, while npc are 4 youth empowerment, and 4 d training nd registration fees are supposed to be dat amount bcus dey are still an ngo, nd not yet adopted by the federal government, so reasons why such amount is charged is 4 d running of der office as an ngo. dr nneji is commandant general of nupec, nd is currently the acting national commandant pcn, dr akor is still active nd pls stop spreading rumors if u don't have reliable info.
simple question am still ssking,can you confirm if trainees are being paid salaries/stipends and how much is it?
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by galaxy2020(m): 5:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
trainees are not paid. Just stipends
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by NemzySeries(m): 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
popsyleo1:
Who is DR. Nnewi or Nneji ? I know DR. AKO. PEACE CORPS OF NIGERIA is registered by DR. AKO not Nneji. He came out because government is now showing interest. He should not cause any confussion.
d importance of asking questions is to help us get clarification on issues we aint sure of and it wud av bin best if u had asked who is Dr chinedu nneji? he is d head of National Unity and peace corps, dis organisation has bin officially existing since 1992,itz bin wuz bin bushed by senatorbinta masi of adamawa state so b clear dat hiz not stealing any man's shine..... d Dickson akor faction came up in 1998 and hiz bill wuz push through d hauz of rep so since d senate found out dre both on similar duties dey decided to merge dem as 1 which is nw Nigerian Peace corps.... pls dunt b an agent of rumour/confusion

1 Like

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by KillJoy62(m): 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
princejenks:
simple question am still ssking,can you confirm if trainees are being paid salaries/stipends and how much is it?
trainees re not paid at the moment, both only given allowances wen on official assignment, salaries wld be paid as soon as d federal government adopts dem under the ministry of interior, but for now it is still an ngo.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by princejenks(m): 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
Thanks for being honest
KillJoy62:
trainees re not paid at the moment, both only given allowances wen on official assignment, salaries wld be paid as soon as d federal government adopts dem under the ministry of interior, but for now it is still an ngo.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by owji: 9:25am On Jan 25, 2017
chelseababy:
Wat will happen to all the people that paid for the training,will all be enlisted

most will not be enlisted. imagine the numbers that have been trained since 1998 till now. If PMB eventually assents to it which i doubt very much, then it will be 20%-80% (20% for officers & 80% for volunteers).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nigeria peace corps ,please stop this charade. They keep referring USA having peace corps too but the peace
corps in USA is a voluntary program and not avenue to create employment for USA citizens. Will you have the fed govt to start creating phony ministries, parastatals, paramilitaries every now and then just to employ all youths? that is NOT possible. In my own opinion the govt should create an enabling environment (soft loans,infrastructure, power,laws etc) for youths to be self employed, govt cant possibly employ all youths.

I pity those gullible ppl like myself and other ppl that have already dolled out money to the Peace corps.
I think the peace corp should better continue as voluntary organization and keep collecting their 45k and above
for training etc.

You keep on selling recruitment forms and training ppl (in hundreds of thousands) and also promise them
employment,Now.it is the same commandant general of Nigeria Peace Corps that said that at the eventual assent
by PMB the ratio of commissioned officer to voluntary officer will be 20%-80% (20 for officers & 80 for
voluntary office). Just imagine!, and you have already promised employment to all ppl that have enrolled.
You keep hiding under the disguise of generating employment for the youth & you think PMB cant read between
the lines!, more so you keep selling recruitment form to older ppl (40yrs and above)...is a man of 40 years and
above still a youth??.

i will keep telling ppl that they should not pay any 5k for recruitment form or 45k for some phony training. when
the federal government takes over fully there wont be need to pay for training or to buy recruitment form. Note
that there are still other fees to be paid.

WHAT IS THE JOB OF PEACE CORP IN NIGERIA
1. to promote peace in Nigeria (like the other military/paramilitary outfits have been promoting war)
2. to engage 800,000 youths in meaningful employment (Nigeria army and navy combined don't have up to
600,000 officers) grin
3. to end insurgency (without arms. na juju dem wan use? ) grin
4. to curb cultism in secondary school and university. undecided
5. to curb exam malpractices. undecided
and most importantly for the officers to be getting paid by the fed govt. grin grin grin
see, the Peace corps don't have the interest of the country at heart, what they hungry for is SALARY!!! another
avenue to waste govt resources.

Nigeria peace corp should never be institutionalized just to MANAGE youth unemployment, It is wrong. Yes, it may reduce unemployment (as fringe benefit) of the youths for a while. That should not be the main reason for creating peace corp.

Were the NPF, Nigerian Army, Navy, FRSC etc created to tackle youth unemployment? your answer is as good as mine.
Npower, YOUWIN and the likes are already in place for unemployed youths.

Again, Nigeria peace corps should stop this charade.
A word is enough for the wise
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
All wat U guys are saying against PEACE CORPS Ends here....U guys shld av organised a protest against d bill since D HOUSE OF REP started D reading on Peace corp bill b4 getting to SENATE........WHO TELL U SAY MONEY NO DEY DIZ COUNTRY?......MONEY NO DEY diz country Yet NASS refused to cut dere salaries per mnth.......Each member STILL go home wit millions every mnth/billion per annum..i av never heard NASS av nt received dere salaries for 4 or 5months despite diz Economic recession.WELL Its left for Mr President to sign it OR NOT
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 25, 2017
Buhari is yet to receive Peace Corps Bill – Presidency
In NIGERIA5 hours ago

President Muhammadu Buhari and his Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Solomon Enang.

The Presidency has said that President Muhammadu Buhari is yet to receive a clean copy of the Peace Corps Bill.
This comes as jobless Nigerians continue to wait for Buhari’s assent to the bill, as passed by both chambers of the National Assembly.
The bill seeks to give approval for the establishment of the Nigeria Peace Corps as an agency under the Ministry of Interior. Both chambers have said the establishment of the Corps, will create employment for jobless youths in the country.

Senior Special Assistant to President Buhari on National Assembly matters (Senate), Ita Enang, has told journalists that the bill has not been sent to the president for his assent, because of differences in the two bills passed by the House and the Senate.
“Because of the differences in the bills, a joint conference committee was raised and the senate adopted the report of the committee just yesterday, the House is yet to adopt it,” he said.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Timmy326(m): 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2017
princejenks:
while you've your facts having been trained in 2013 but a lot has happened since then;almost 4 years now,the organization is now recognized by law and awaits presidential assent.
The President has thirty (30) days to sign a bill sent to him/her by the National Assembly. If s/
he disagrees with the provision of the bill or some
aspects of it, s/he can veto by withholding his/
her signature. Within the 30 days the President
must communicate to the National Assembly
his/her feelings and comments about the bill. The President must state the areas S/he wants
amended before s/he signs the bill. If the
National Assembly agrees with the President the
bill can be withdrawn for deliberation on the
amendments suggested by the President.
However, the National Assembly is empowered by the Constitution to overrule the veto of the
President. If, after 30 days, the President
refuses to sign the bill and the National
Assembly is not in support of the President's
amendments, the two Chambers can recall the
bill and re-pass it. If the bill is passed in the form it was sent to the President by two-third
majority vote in both Chambers, the bill
automatically becomes a law even without the
signature of the President. This happened in the
case of the Niger Delta Development Commission
Bill. The two Chambers passed the bill into law after s/he President failed to sign it within the
time that is prescribed for him to do so.

1 Like

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by ademasta(m): 8:47pm On Mar 10, 2017
Following diligently

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Flights To New Zealand Are Offered To Job Jeekers With IT Skills. / Please I Need Your Advice / Top 10 Job Sites In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.