Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? (48113 Views)

Why Do Girls Marry Rich Guys Only To Regret In Future? / Why Do Ugly Girls Marry Every Saturday? And The Pretty Ones Do Ashebi? / Are Igbo Girls The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 14, 2009
smooooooth:

dnt av female cuz, we make only guys in my family. grin
So how were you born? shocked
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by smooooooth: 7:55am On Dec 14, 2009
FL Gators:

So how were you born? shocked

when i marry u, we make 10boys, thats how i was born.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by THEAMAKA1: 8:43am On Dec 14, 2009
smooooooth:

Amaka! never ever u talk bout my mother, mother's mother, mother's mother's mother & mother's mother's mother's mother like dat again. grin

besides u shld know a joke when u see hear, i love my igbo women kiss, or av'nt u noticed i have been chasing u round NL tongue. take time o.
HMMM!!
that one no be joke oooo! angry
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by smooooooth: 8:48am On Dec 14, 2009
hey common na joke, i'm an igbo guy, have dated only igbo ladies in my life though them don sho wme pepper well well sha and i intend marrying an igbo woman soon. i'm proud to be igbo, check my siggy. nway ow u doing today?
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by THEAMAKA1: 8:50am On Dec 14, 2009
smooooooth:

hey common na joke, i'm an igbo guy, have dated only igbo ladies in my life though them don sho wme pepper well well sha and i intend marrying an igbo woman soon. i'm proud to be igbo, check my siggy. nway ow u doing today?
hahahaha! i was upset with you for a sec for that ridiculous comment. tongue
dont play like that ever again, or else! grin
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by smooooooth: 9:00am On Dec 14, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

hahahaha! i was upset with you for a sec for that ridiculous comment. tongue
dont play like that ever again, or else! grin

i wont, grin. so nice to make up with my sweet pwetty igbo sister kiss
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by THEAMAKA1: 9:07am On Dec 14, 2009
smooooooth:

i wont, grin. so nice to make up with my sweet pwetty igbo sister kiss
nice to make up with you too.
lol
grin kiss
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by lightwalk(m): 9:17am On Dec 14, 2009
I love this thread shocked because I've got something I've been looking for for some time now cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by smooooooth: 9:33am On Dec 14, 2009
hey Amaka, mind if we talk. my email is in my profile.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by obiksam(m): 10:02am On Dec 15, 2009
ezennaya:

my bible say's the love for money is the root of all evil,my friend married hausa lady just because he cannot afford the bride price of his girl friend he has date for 4 yrs

My dear this one na real custom made.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by kemcin: 3:20pm On Dec 18, 2009
nchara,pls are u a man or woman,cos am beingin 2 like u smiley
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by farochron(m): 12:39am On Dec 27, 2009
Ohsisi,

Going by your explanation, I think the home video guys or nollywood are really portraying igbos badly. They tend to create the impression that the family takes over the man's wealth as soon as he dies. Then these people should be caution on their excesses. The image they create is damaging and is not helping anyone.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by oluwagbami(m): 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2009
Actually, its a personal thing. if you want to marry an expensive igbo girl you have to be loaded, very loaded i mean. but if you prefer an average igbo girl, you as well know what to have in order to achieve your aim. but if you prefer the low cadre igbo girls, you know what to have in your account. Though, there is nothing like late marrying igbo girls; really they are very ambitious, calculative, confident, responsible, matured in approaching issues, blunt and frank, and above all sincere and faithful. all respect to my lovely NDIFREAKIE,( I love you more than words could either express or explain)
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by archangel1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 31, 2009
[b][/b]becos there are succulent and juicy! grin
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by H2O2: 1:48pm On Dec 31, 2009
Hah, is that true? That would explain a lot grin
No wonder chich wants to marry when she's 40 tongue

@topik,
I haven't observed this trend around me.
i don see plenty young and married igbo babes.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by blackedbs: 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2010
tracy is beautiful. yummy. smiley
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Wislet(f): 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2010
I CAN MAKE OUT ONE THING FROM ALL THESE ARGUMENTS- IGBO GIRLS ROCK. THEY ARE SIMPLY LOVED AND SOUGHT AFTER. FULL STOP. I know they're very industrious. They don't, after school, sit in de house 'waiting' 4 any sort of man as if that's all life is about-they launch out to make their own money. And meanwhile a handsome young man is at a corner monitoring her and waiting 4 de right moment to make her his. . . To correct an impression, they don't marry late. Majority don't. And even those that marry at 30-32 marry fulfilled. Why would they wen they are every man's dream? I know cos am one. Why don't u get to know about us b4 all des stereotyping? U'd be amazed.
lightwalk:

I love this thread shocked because I've got something I've been looking for for some time now cheesy cheesy cheesy
Care to share wit us dear?
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by safarigirl(f): 9:54pm On Nov 07, 2010
I'M AN IBO GIRL, AND I HAVE TO ADMIT, THE WHOLE MARRIAGE WAHALA TOO MUCH! HABA! IF YOUR FADA ISN'T A PALMWINE TAPPER DON'T MARRY BECOS THE KAIN PALMWINE WEY YOU GO BRING PERSON GO FIT USE AM DO STREAM

IF I WERE A GUY I NO GO SMELL EAST FOR MARRIAGE, EVEN I CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Wislet(f): 10:31pm On Nov 07, 2010
safarigirl:

I'M AN IBO GIRL, AND I HAVE TO ADMIT, THE WHOLE MARRIAGE WAHALA TOO MUCH! HABA! IF YOUR FADA ISN'T A PALMWINE TAPPER DON'T MARRY BECOS THE KAIN PALMWINE WEY YOU GO BRING PERSON GO FIT USE AM DO STREAM

IF I WERE A GUY I NO GO SMELL EAST FOR MARRIAGE, EVEN I CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS.

RUB.BISH
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by abluedove: 11:29am On Nov 08, 2010
I am on my kneels praying for my Ibo Brothers and Sisters. Nobody's time will pass him/her. Those of us from West are somehow luckier, no too long protocol and fat pocket. All the same, we all have our traditional values that must not be thrown away. We only need to make everything have human face and stop unnecessary competitions. No two people are the same.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by bigmarko(m): 3:56pm On Jan 17, 2011
cost of marring them
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by MrCork17: 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2011
I heard people use cows as Dowry to marry IBO womens. true story!! undecided
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by MrsChima(f): 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2011
Is that why you trying to steal a cow?
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by MrCork17: 4:05pm On Jan 17, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

we dont have cows in London city! wink
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by MrsChima(f): 4:11pm On Jan 17, 2011
You are not in London, liar.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by MrCork17: 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

O lord have mercy. Now she wants to eat a cow undecided
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by MrsChima(f): 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2011
Don't worry I won't eat you. I haven't update my shots. wink
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by queensmith: 7:09pm On Jan 17, 2011
Probably the funniert thing ive ever heard! Igbo girls marry exceptionally early! In fact they are the ones that drop everything and anything they might be doing to get married! But like everything in this world its a class thing- most of my igbo friends are upper class, they do all sorts of degrees; phds and masters before they even CONSIDER getting married! Whilst the lower or working class ones my age are all married with kids
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by missylizzy(f): 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2011
@ poster, i dont undastand were u get dat from, igbo gorls marry at early age 22-28 are 80%. Take a look at the most beautiful girl in 2008. Ada dat go married to Yobo @ the age of 20 or 19, i stand to be corrected, in ma family the girls marry early the least of age was 25. I'm 21 and i know ma hubby is on way. So ma dear poster dat's bullshit. Talking about the money stuff, most igbo girls are educated and matured so as a guy dat dates 'em u shud live up to expectations, u shud know wat u're in for, that's why they marry themselves the igbos. Cuz the they it's tradition it?s other tribes that complain, to be ma bro wud marry an igbo girl, i wud marry an igbo guy.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by callme2: 2:10pm On Jan 18, 2011
@poster Raymond
You are a fool.
What and who gave you that idea about the Ibgos not getting married early and an aoutrageous dowry?
Better ask question before or better still keep quiet if u dont have anything to say

Do you even know what marriage is all about?
You cant even take care of an ordinary girlfriend and you are there talking about dowry
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by callme2: 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2011
@poster
Have you asked why the Igbos are exceptional in their marriages? (progressing in their marriage?)
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by anyaoguluke: 11:27am On Mar 12, 2013
Raymond247: I dont know but most igbo girls use to marry late, its only few of them that marry's early. Why?
i know am stepping on the toes of some igbo girls here just like what sillyboy stated 'one can use the dowry paid on a igbo girl to build sky scrappers' why is it the they impose lucrative amount on them during dowry payment? Abi na bad question again? grin
Materialism and over ambition is the answer, but it is not peculiar to igbos alone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Photos From The Traditional Marriage Of 2 Young Nairalanders / (pix) See A Guy's Cruel Answer To His Gal Friend. / Top 10 States In Nigeria With The Most Beautiful Girls – Do You Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.