Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! (27499 Views)

Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) / Amazing Nigeria Cars Used In The 90's(photos) / Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Fhemmmy: 2:21am On Dec 01, 2009
ib612:

When parts of cars, especially, engines, tranny, ecu (brain box), come from or are made by another country, then the other country second or third merely assembles.; they are not the manufacturer.

Compare the old Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria and the France's Peugeot. Are Peugeot made by 9ja?

Please, don't call urselves names. Afterall, it's all about an opinion.

You mean oh . . . i beg leave my lovely naija alone oh.
Jokes apart, i remember when Nigeria used to assemble Peugeot, but even if we assemble these days, i think it is a great step towards the right direction
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by 0hsisi: 2:33am On Dec 01, 2009
Some people are very stupid
Does general motors make all the parts they use in their vehicles?
Is there a computer manufacturing comapany that makes all the parts in that computer or do alligator shoe manufacturers breed the alligators,kill,skin and dry their hide then turn them into shoes?
The way some people reason,you wonder if they even passed the first school leaving cerificate.

Or is it because the products are not made by your state or your tribe since this is what many of these people really want to say.
Bunch of low self esteem nincompoops
His brand is his
Even if he paid companies abroad to manufacture his parts, that is called outsourcing,it is an indigenous Nigerians made product not made anywhere else
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by 0hsisi: 2:38am On Dec 01, 2009
ib612:

When parts of cars, especially, engines, tranny, ecu (brain box), come from or are made by another country, then the other country second or third merely assembles.; they are not the manufacturer.

Compare the old Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria and the France's Peugeot. Are Peugeot made by 9ja?

Peugeot is a brand name
This man has a brand that only he can lay claim to
No company anywhere in the world makes all the parts of their product from scratch
None.

1 Like

Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Fhemmmy: 2:41am On Dec 01, 2009
0hsisi:

Peugeot is a brand name
This man has a brand that only he can lay claim to
No company anywhere in the world makes all the parts of their product from scratch
None.

well said
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by chriskay(m): 3:19am On Dec 01, 2009
@ EVERYBODY, My dearest Nairalanders,its really unfortunate that what i posted have really caused a lot of people getting on other peoples nerves, Its all good, we all have freedom of expression.I must say that am really grateful to those who still have some trust for this ENTITY CALLED NIGERIA, Cos we really need to have faith in naija to make things move forward, Most of us have spoken wisely on the issue of NO COUNTRY BEING ABLE TO PRODUCE EVERYTHING THEY NEED FOR THEIR PRODUCT, and we all should know that, We should also bear it in mind that China which we despise due to the supposed inferiority of their products is still the main supplier of most things used in the developed world like the U.S,its just that our people so much like CHEAP THINGS and there by go for LOW QUALITY materials which i trust China for ,cos they will give you whatever you want and however you want it.
So, with all due respect,i have always said this to people who still cant believe that ANYTHING GOOD CAN COME FROM NIGERIA,should try and get themselves RE ORIENTED cos that's what most of us need and not this rebranding thing ,
For the sake of those who asked for the prices,the SUV is about 2.2M aproximately and VAT inclusive, The truck is about 2M VAT inclusive, The 37 SEATER LUXURY BUS is about 12M VAT inclusive, The 26 seater mini luxury is about 9M and the small commuter bus is about 2.2M VAT inclusive, All comes with 12 months WARRANTY,
PEACE AND BLESSINGS TO Y'ALL
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Fhemmmy: 3:53am On Dec 01, 2009
chriskay:

@ EVERYBODY, My dearest Nairalanders,its really unfortunate that what i posted have really caused a lot of people getting on other peoples nerves, Its all good, we all have freedom of expression.I must say that am really grateful to those who still have some trust for this ENTITY CALLED NIGERIA, Cos we really need to have faith in naija to make things move forward, Most of us have spoken wisely on the issue of NO COUNTRY BEING ABLE TO PRODUCE EVERYTHING THEY NEED FOR THEIR PRODUCT, and we all should know that, We should also bear it in mind that China which we despise due to the supposed inferiority of their products is still the main supplier of most things used in the developed world like the U.S,its just that our people so much like CHEAP THINGS and there by go for LOW QUALITY materials which i trust China for ,cos they will give you whatever you want and however you want it.
So, with all due respect,i have always said this to people who still cant believe that ANYTHING GOOD CAN COME FROM NIGERIA,should try and get themselves RE ORIENTED cos that's what most of us need and not this rebranding thing ,
For the sake of those who asked for the prices,the SUV is about 2.2M aproximately and VAT inclusive, The truck is about 2M VAT inclusive, The 37 SEATER LUXURY BUS is about 12M VAT inclusive, The 26 seater mini luxury is about 9M and the small commuter bus is about 2.2M VAT inclusive, All comes with 12 months WARRANTY,
PEACE AND BLESSINGS TO Y'ALL

Do u work with this company?
Hope they are doing a real good crash test on the ride before they are rolled out
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Megadeals: 6:33am On Dec 01, 2009
ib612:

While I commend the efforts of this innoson company, I think your assessment is very close to the truth. You need to make a significant percentage of the components withing the borders of Nigeria before you can call it Nigerian made.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by sayso: 8:58am On Dec 01, 2009
another point raised.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by DatNiggaAk(m): 9:08am On Dec 01, 2009
0hsisi:

Is there a computer manufacturing comapany that makes all the parts in that computer or do alligator shoe manufacturers breed the alligators,kill,skin and dry their hide then turn them into shoes?
The way some people reason,you wonder if they even passed the first school leaving cerificate.

Or is it because the products are not made by your state or your tribe since this is what many of these people really want to say.
Bunch of low self esteem nincompoops
His brand is his
Even if he paid companies abroad to manufacture his parts, that is called outsourcing,it is an indigenous Nigerians made product not made anywhere else

mention one component in that car that is fabricated in Nigeria?
just one part and i will give you N100,000.00
the sh!t is assembled in Nigeria PERIOD!!
its boneheads like you that say Peugeot was made in Nigeria back then.
In that case all those Okada's on the road are made in Nigeria,
yet another dumbass FSI. grin wink
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 01, 2009
0hsisi:

No need to get personal, and abusive, everyone is entitled to an opinion, you don't have to agree, just state yours.

GM doesn't make all the parts for their vehicles, true. But a greater percentage of the parts are made on behalf of GM, based on GM's designs. The engine blocks and internals, transmission cases and internals, axles, suspension etc are GM branded. Only common parts to other manufacturers will be items like tyres, and components within the ECU's, though the ECU's will contain GM maps.

Are there any Nigerian branded parts on those cars / vans? I'll bet you'll find the parts are branded Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Denso etc. Same thing happened many years ago, when the "Eddy Bongos" name was stamped on some small commercial vehicles, and branded "Nigerian built." When the truth was they were rebadged Mazda's, with slightly altered grilles, bumpers and emblems.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by amrerobert(m): 10:23am On Dec 01, 2009
Emotions run deep and adults have let reason go on holiday all in an attempt to stamp their opion on this tread. its for responses that are noty constructive that keeps amny from commenting on issues raised.
everyone that has given an opinion on this issue is yet to see the vehicles and inspect them for the truth behind the claim but instead of addressing that, suggestions or opinions about the true origins of the parts have dominated the tread with insults traded and unpolished language used.
i hope people will be more civil and polite in the future. embarassed embarassed
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by sayso: 11:55am On Dec 01, 2009
I think bringing that technology home will kick start some internal minds ready to explore the ever growing world of HIGH-TECH,peeps let us encourage them but caution on quality I think should be high.SON(Standard Organization of Nigeria) will surely help in that regard with enough constructive criticism from us.Our people are buying China(Sub standard products) and today China has the world power over consumer goods.we can fix our selfs some where in this fragile world.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by BOMANY: 12:25pm On Dec 01, 2009
[size=8pt]
Guys, pls stop calling each other names. angry Only facts clarifies the situation. First of all, assembling is the first stage of having automotive industry. India, China and even Japan started that way. In Africa, there is Egypt, South Africa, Morocco and perhaps two or three other African countries that assemble automobiles. Countries like Egypt and South Africa started assembling for at least 3 or 4 decades, and still don’t have their own brands nor manufacture more than 60% of the car.
Automotive industry rises up on a wide range of what is so called feeding industries, such as; Iron/ steel, electronics, battery, glass, tires, cloth, filters… etc, regardless the Chases and mechanical parts.
So, does Nigeria have any of those feeding industries? Definitely not, in fact many industries are dieing or already buried because of smuggling and insufficient and non-supportive environment for investments.
So, definitely this IVM is assembled. Is assembling good or bad? Sure it is good, however assembling of what brand, what name are behind. Like Nissan, BMW, Mercedes and others assemble in Egypt but under full and direct supervision of Nissan Japan, Mercedes, BMW German and the same with VolksWagen in South Africa.
So the question here, who is standing and supporting the IVM? Is it only an unkown Chinese factory. There is good Chinese cars like Cherry, which makes many models and will be sold in different countries as if each model is a brand itself.
Before praising or undervalue the manufacturers of IVM, we need to know more facts.
[/size]
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by DatNiggaAk(m): 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2009
BOMANY:

[size=8pt]
Guys, pls stop calling each other names. angry Only facts clarifies the situation. First of all, assembling is the first stage of having automotive industry. India, China and even Japan started that way. In Africa, there is Egypt, South Africa, Morocco and perhaps two or three other African countries that assemble automobiles. Countries like Egypt and South Africa started assembling for at least 3 or 4 decades, and still don’t have their own brands nor manufacture more than 60% of the car.
Automotive industry rises up on a wide range of what is so called feeding industries, such as; Iron/ steel, electronics, battery, glass, tires, cloth, filters… etc, regardless the Chases and mechanical parts.
So, does Nigeria have any of those feeding industries? Definitely not, in fact many industries are dieing or already buried because of smuggling and insufficient and non-supportive environment for investments.
So, definitely this IVM is assembled. Is assembling good or bad? Sure it is good, however assembling of what brand, what name are behind. Like Nissan, BMW, Mercedes and others assemble in Egypt but under full and direct supervision of Nissan Japan, Mercedes, BMW German and the same with VolksWagen in South Africa.
So the question here, who is standing and supporting the IVM? Is it only an unkown Chinese factory. There is good Chinese cars like Cherry, which makes many models and will be sold in different countries as if each model is a brand itself.
Before praising or undervalue the manufacturers of IVM, we need to know more facts.
[/size]

thanks to you and Siena for futher explaining to the FSI's we have in here who feel they can just use their
crooked craw craw riddled fingers and type rubbish insulting people.
i have the feeling they have problems with comprehension if not there is a difference btw "made in" and "assembled"
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by fuke(m): 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2009
When I see reactions like this and they are common on this forum
      I wonder the kind of universities these people attended and the type o
      of lecturers they passed through.

We should be civil with words. You can make your point without being vulgar.
       I suggest Seun removes this thread immediately.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by jek1471: 3:12pm On Dec 01, 2009
Easy! Nigerians can do even better than what you see others do in other countries?
I believe in us! Let's support this one, forget Government, they will only help to kill the entreprenuer's dream. A perfect example is the man who cured HIV in Nigeria, is it not the Govt. that attacked this Doctor?
You don't need to abuse each other to get ur points through, plssssssssss!
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by ib612(m): 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2009
Ok.

Let's re-phrase it.

BEHOLD: MADE for NIGERIA, ASSEMBLED IN NNEWI, for NIGERIA ROAD.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Chizua(m): 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
Nigeria have to start from somewhere, We can start from assembling to manufacturing. India was once like this. Encourage them.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Igwe9(m): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2009
I expected this thread to be up on the front page but not, reason being the negative comments trailing every thread on NL.
we'd learn to encourage one another and ask questions if need be rather than being some kinda wet blankets.

The buses are ok, if the poster says they are made in Nigeria, so be it, after all we have all it takes to produce tyres,bolt & nuts and many others. cool
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by magicfairy(m): 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2009
The SUV looks like the Fudi Explorer 11 made in China by Fudi motors, while the pick up truck is called Lion man also by Fudi Motors. I was at their Factory in Guonzoug, China during the Canton Fair last year. They offer partnerships with companies who wish to assemble them in their home countries. I think they have them in Egypt, Indonesia and maybe Malasia if I am right. They have options of toyota engines or mitsubishi engines. Like any Chinese product you are allowed to put your trademark on the product.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by 0hsisi: 12:09am On Dec 02, 2009
No need to get personal, and abusive, everyone is entitled to an opinion, you don't have to agree, just state yours.

GM doesn't make all the parts for their vehicles, true. But a greater percentage of the parts are made on behalf of GM, based on GM's designs. The engine blocks and internals, transmission cases and internals, axles, suspension etc are GM branded. Only common parts to other manufacturers will be items like tyres, and components within the ECU's, though the ECU's will contain GM maps.

Are there any Nigerian branded parts on those cars / vans? I'll bet you'll find the parts are branded Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Denso etc. Same thing happened many years ago, when the "Eddy Bongos" name was stamped on some small commercial vehicles, and branded "Nigerian built." When the truth was they were rebadged Mazda's, with slightly altered grilles, bumpers and emblems.

I'm glad you recognize that GM for instance does not make all the parts in their vehicle.
How do you know this guy doesn't have the designs specifically made for him?
What you are making are assumptions and even if we think they are parts from other cars,that should be commended.
One has to walk before running ain't it?
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by 0hsisi: 12:15am On Dec 02, 2009
DatNiggaAk:

mention one component in that car that is fabricated in Nigeria?
just one part and i will give you N100,000.00
the sh!t is assembled in Nigeria PERIOD!!
its boneheads like you that say Peugeot was made in Nigeria back then.
In that case all those Okada's on the road are made in Nigeria,
yet another dumbass FSI. grin wink

N100,000 indeed,how many 419 letters will fetch you that lipsrsealed

Mention one part that is not
Have you seen the car?
Do you even have enough commonsense to import the horn of a car talk less of assembling one.
It's always these never do wells that tear down the achievement of others with their tribal undertones
What have you "managed"to set up in your  life that's of benefit to you or anyone else.
This man will make cars affordable perhaps those of you that jump on molue could now afford a car grin
He will be an employer of labour
He will have a car indigenous to Nigeria that could be imported to other West African and African countries
Is that not enough achievement
Here someone is doing something positive and all you do is run him down with your mouths like market women.
Or would you prefer he was a drug baron or 419 chief?
olodo
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 02, 2009
0hsisi:

I'm glad you recognize that GM for instance does not make all the parts in their vehicle.
How do you know this guy doesn't have the designs specifically made for him?
What you are making are assumptions and even if we think they are parts from other cars,that should be commended.
One has to walk before running ain't it?

My sister Osisi, GM, like other major players in the automotive industry, hold the patents for the mechanical parts of their vehicles, as I posted previously. The only common parts manufacturers share are tyres, ECU components less the maps and parameters, paint and leather. The rest are made on their behalf, based on their engineers' blueprints.

Those that put the engines, transmissions, steering racks, suspension etc together could NOT supply these to other auto manufacturer's. Imagine the manufacturer's of a Mercedes Benz engine block supplying their engines to Nissan - Mercedes would sue them! Other car brands can only have an engine from another car, fitted to their production model if the owner of the patent gives the go-ahead.

I've been on the IVM website, and read all the stuff there - no way would Nigeria manufacture the engine blocks, cylinder heads, transmission etc, without proudly letting the world know. I would like it to be our indigenous product, believe me, but I'm a realist, and also know we don't currently have the necessary tooling to cast cylinder blocks and transmission cases on even a small scale.

Sorry!
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by 0hsisi: 12:45am On Dec 02, 2009
Siena:

My sister Osisi, GM, like other major players in the automotive industry, hold the patents for the mechanical parts of their vehicles, as I posted previously. The only common parts manufacturers share are tyres, ECU components less the maps and parameters, paint and leather. The rest are made on their behalf, based on their engineers' blueprints.

Those that put the engines, transmissions, steering racks, suspension etc together could NOT supply these to other auto manufacturer's. Imagine the manufacturer's of a Mercedes Benz engine block supplying their engines to Nissan - Mercedes would sue them! Other car brands can only have an engine from another car, fitted to their production model if the owner of the patent gives the go-ahead.

I've been on the IVM website, and read all the stuff there - no way would Nigeria manufacture the engine blocks, cylinder heads, transmission etc, without proudly letting the world know. I would like it to be our indigenous product, believe me, but I'm a realist, and also know we don't currently have the necessary tooling to cast cylinder blocks and transmission cases on even a small scale.

Sorry!

don't be sorry for me
I'm not hurting in anyway tongue
since you sound so sure and would want everything made in Nigeria or specifically made for Innoson
You can start an indegenious car company with your own parts and be the first
aren't you a Nigerian?

meanwhile how's your madam
you don gi am belle
you warri boys no dey waste time
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by ib612(m): 12:52am On Dec 02, 2009
@Siena:

It's sad to see that some people are emotional about this thing rather than face the reality.

Much as we all desire that we produce a car of note, there's a different between a patent holder and a brand licensee.

That's why i tried to re-phrase the topic so that we may be able to understand the differences. It is not meant in anyways to cast aspersion on anyone opinion. Yet, we need to understand some basic principle as illustrated by Siena.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 02, 2009
My sister, I wish I could - but alas, I don't have large pots of money available. Unless you want to partner with me, or find others who would?  wink

Mrs Snappy's fine, and ummm, well we'll see!  cheesy
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 1:01am On Dec 02, 2009
hopefully osisi will put her money where her mouth is and buy one of these cars
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by 0hsisi: 2:14am On Dec 02, 2009
oyb:

hopefully osisi will put her money where her mouth is and buy one of these cars

You want me to die before my time?
Olorun ma je grin
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by durumike9: 10:21am On Dec 02, 2009
The cars looks very good my brother.one needs to know the prices so that i can even help market them
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 02, 2009
durumike9:

The cars looks very good my brother.one needs to know the prices so that i can even help market them

How can you market a product, if you know little or nothing about it?

Before marketing any new automobile, don't you feel a test drive is in order, besides things like crash resistance and other safety-related issues? I would certainly do a bit more research, and groundwork before offering to "market." A good starting point would be their website.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by jek1471: 11:32am On Dec 02, 2009
my people, why all the argument. Is is not Nnewi that produces most of the car parts we use today? So if they couple those parts together, will it not form a car? I duff my hat for those guys
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 02, 2009
jek1471:

my people, why all the argument. Is is not Nnewi that produces most of the car parts we use today? So if they couple those parts together, will it

Please enlighten me, what parts are you referring to, that Nnewi produces? Right now, it's a bit of a blanket statement, quite vague.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Mistakes You Should Carefully Avoid When Driving / Man Killed In Ikorodu By Hit And Run Driver (Photo) / The 1933 5th Wheel Invention We Definitely Need In Nigerian Cities Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.