Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! (27508 Views)

Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) / Amazing Nigeria Cars Used In The 90's(photos) / Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by DatNiggaAk(m): 12:16pm On Dec 02, 2009
Siena:

Please enlighten me, what parts are you referring to, that Nnewi produces? Right now, it's a bit of a blanket statement, quite vague.

DON'T MIND him. the so called Nnewi industrialists are the ones responsible for flooding the Nigerian market with substandard Chinese products. They go to the Guangzhou region of China, mass produce tyres, batteries, generators etc and give them names such as hankook, diamond etc. its so bad now that Haier Thermocool now sells branded 21" - 52" LCD tv's, inverters, generators, split and window A/C's all from China and claim to be an indigenous company when all they are really doing is killing our truly indigenous companies by mass producing and importing substandard Chinese products which are cheaper into the country.they succeed in doing these by compromising key officials in SON and Nigerian customs service with bribes who allow such products into the country through our ports. its really sad and a vicious cycle with a multiplier effect that is already destroying our economy starting with the manufacturing sector.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by ib612(m): 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2009
Nice observation.

The truth is that no local company can grow under such uncontrolled competition. It's a vicious cycle, alright.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 02, 2009
DatNiggaAk:

DON'T MIND him. the so called Nnewi industrialists are the ones responsible for flooding the Nigerian market with substandard Chinese products. They go to the Guangzhou region of China, mass produce tyres, batteries, generators etc and give them names such as hankook, diamond etc. its so bad now that [b]Haier Thermocool now sells branded 21" - 52" LCD tv's, inverters, generators, split and window A/C's all from China and claim to be an indigenous company [/b]when all they are really doing is killing our truly indigenous companies by mass producing and importing substandard Chinese products which are cheaper into the country.they succeed in doing these by compromising key officials in SON and Nigerian customs service with bribes who allow such products into the country through our ports. its really sad and a vicious cycle with a multiplier effect that is already destroying our economy starting with the manufacturing sector.

you are so right there.

my company gave out some generators recently. haier thermocool generators. rom the very first day, the generator was fking up. after running for 8 hours it refused to start again. mechanic came - told me the oil valve was faulty. i disconnected it. the generator has been one probem after the othr. it got to a point where i was calling the man every ay to tweak something on the gen so it would start. eventually, i told the guy - oya we are going to fix this thing once and for all. we found a plastic gear inside the gen angry angry angry. the teeth had worn out. the guy was shocked. said he had never seen that before, where a plastic gear would be use raher than a steel one .

Innoson better be using quality parts or their cars will be DOA
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by 0hsisi: 2:12am On Dec 03, 2009
oyb sharap.
let Ilorin produce their own generators then
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 03, 2009
0hsisi:

oyb sharap.
let Ilorin produce their own generators then

ahah u know we don't need to. abi u have forgotten that our er akison guvnor has resolved our kwara's power issues

DO NOT BUY A THERMOCOOL GENERATOR
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by 0hsisi: 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2009
oyb:

ahah u know we don't need to. abi u have forgotten that our er akison guvnor has resolved our kwara's power issues

DO NOT BUY A THERMOCOOL GENERATOR

I am moving to Kwara when I retire. grin
If you're any representation of the Muslims over there,it must be a peaceful place religiously speaking and I'll blend in well with the natives grin
Thermocool get generators?
when I was in Nigeria I only heard of thermocool refrigerators
That is the problem then.They are venturing into many things they have no business being in
How can you have a doctor whose wife runs a funeral home? grin
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 03, 2009
0hsisi:

How can you have a doctor whose wife runs a funeral home? grin

I can see the connection myself - those the good doctor can't heal, the wife could bury. Either way, patients are onto a winning streak. grin

1 Like

Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by babeface3: 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2009
@Phuck NL, that ur nick is very suspicuos, guess u mean fck nairaland or is it nigeria, we are talking patriotism here smiley
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by babeface3: 12:48pm On Dec 04, 2009
@Datnigga, your statememnt over there lacks basis and completely misleading. did u do or know any body that studied logic in school in any elementary form? I have been follwing your comments on this thread, but now you and those that share your view have established the weakest premise for your windy arguments. Are you saying that the manufacturers or assemblers of this vehicles are the same nnewi industrialists that you you wrote about? NA WAOOO
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by oluloveme: 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2009
dont mind the foolish "DatNiggaAk", as "WISE" as he is , a lady from "God knows" sold him a lemon,
had it been he has little faith in NIGERIAN CARS ,now he wont need to go and change the engine of his very NEW CAR "land rover freelander"
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by mekusxxx: 6:11am On Dec 05, 2009
Many of the car parts are made here. That and the fact that it is finally assembled locally makes it a Nigerian car. Which other country will it be named after?

A feast of quotes and images of Innoson's cars from the internet- enjoy!

Hence, apart from the engines, axles and other precision parts, all other components will be sourced locally. Remarkably, the vehicles will not bear the monogram of the technical partners; or that of any popular brand, but will bear the name of the manufacturer – ‘Innoson’. http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpage, 5-2008-001.htm

These factories that will support you, what will they produce for your factory?Let me give you an example. Most of the battery components our vehicles will use will be produced by Ibeto factory. So, Ibeto factory has built the mold with which our batteries are made. My brake disc and brake pads will be produced locally by many factories. For example, Chrisomek industry will construct the seats, and the various parts will be made by different industries. http://www.independentngonline.com/D, e.aspx?id=3850

“Yes. The vehicles can be cheaper and still be of very high quality. We are not interested in lower prices alone; we are also interested in quality. We have long experience in spare parts and the assembly of motorcycles, so we know how to apply quality standards”. http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpage, 5-2008-001.htm

‘The world average for local content is about 60% which can be reached with time.’ http://naijacar..com/2008/07, erian-car.html
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 05, 2009
So, which of the components are made locally? And I'm talking mechanical parts.

Sourced locally is a pretty broad term, and doesn't say much. Sourced locally and built locally are 2 very different things.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by osakawa: 10:40am On Dec 05, 2009
Mr Big Ideas good try!!!

Your so called "made in Nigeria" vehicle follows the patterns of others who go to china and order a product and have the factory stamp their chosen logo on the goods and they import them to Nigeria and use other affiliated businesses to import the various parts to evade Nigeria Customs and SON and finally put them together in Nigeria in their village warehouse.

Good try, but this does not qualify as made in Nigeria. You did not buy Nigerian steel from Ajaokuta steel mill to make the engine block or Nigerian petrochemicals to made the plastics for the dash, lights or seats.

Nice try and Good luck.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by mekusxxx: 5:24pm On Dec 05, 2009
Click on the links I provided and read to see what parts will be made locally
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by freshmoney(m): 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2009
Behold. You must write your will before embarking on journey with those your Nnewi cars cool Jobless Nnewi perfectionist sad
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2009
mekusxxx:

Many of the car parts are made here. That and the fact that it is finally assembled locally makes it a Nigerian car. Which other country will it be named after?

A feast of quotes and images of Innoson's cars from the internet- enjoy!

Hence, apart from the engines, axles and other precision parts, all other components will be sourced locally. Remarkably, the vehicles will not bear the monogram of the technical partners; or that of any popular brand, but will bear the name of the manufacturer – ‘Innoson’. http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpage, 5-2008-001.htm

These factories that will support you, what will they produce for your factory?Let me give you an example. Most of the battery components our vehicles will use will be produced by Ibeto factory. So, Ibeto factory has built the mold with which our batteries are made. My brake disc and brake pads will be produced locally by many factories. For example, Chrisomek industry will construct the seats, and the various parts will be made by different industries. http://www.independentngonline.com/D, e.aspx?id=3850

“Yes. The vehicles can be cheaper and still be of very high quality. We are not interested in lower prices alone; we are also interested in quality. We have long experience in spare parts and the assembly of motorcycles, so we know how to apply quality standards”. http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpage, 5-2008-001.htm

‘The world average for local content is about 60% which can be reached with time.’ http://naijacar..com/2008/07, erian-car.html

not found not found not found not found not found not found not found not found
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Cupidkc(m): 1:00am On Dec 06, 2009
The cars might be perfect, believe me,sm naija products are far more beta than foreign ones. Take Ibeto car battery as example,its beta than alot of its so cald foreign counter-parts. Believe in naija.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 3:12am On Dec 06, 2009
Cupidkc:

The cars might be perfect, believe me,sm naija products are far more beta than foreign ones. Take Ibeto car battery as example,its beta than alot of its so cald foreign counter-parts. Believe in naija.

Name the Nigerian products that are better than their foreign equivalents.

As for the battery, I can't comment, as I've never heard of it.

Much as we love Nigeria, we need to be realistic, rather than believe blindly out of a false sense of patriotism.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Fhemmmy: 3:19am On Dec 06, 2009
Cupidkc:

I support the car made, cos i would like to se Nija move better up there, but as for Nigerian made battery, i will be worried before using such.
Nothin made in Nigeria worth using still, cos cutting corner to make max profit is a terrible thing there.
But i blv we will get there
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by febirac(m): 7:40am On Dec 06, 2009
Naija people , it is very sad that we are just arguing here for nothing. We as a country have to start from somewhere. I remenber in the early 70s that Japanies products were called inferior but today it is top of the range. , today it is the turn of china, but they are already emerging as a world supper power. our problem is that we have this shameful lust for consumption of foreign made goods even if it is made in Togo. Do you know that shoes are made in Aba, exported to other neigbouring countries like Ghana and re-imported into nigeria as foreign made and many of us we die to wear it, because if u tag it made in Aba, it will generate the same pull down attitude we are seeing on this thread. We have to start from some where and build on the gains made. How do we provide employement for our people if not with this kind of venture. Nnewi is a motor parts manufaturing zone, just take a trip there and see what is happening. Most of the regular cars we drive, some of their parts u see in the market are made in Nnewi and is difficult to differentiate it from the original.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 06, 2009
^^^ I'd still like to know which parts of these cars were made in Nigeria. I mean being specific, not merely posting links. Parts like engine blocks, pistons, crank and camshafts, transmission cases, valve chests ets.

Which were made in Nigeria?
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by 4Play(m): 10:59am On Aug 01, 2010
Siena:

^^^ I'd still like to know which parts of these cars were made in Nigeria. I mean being specific, not merely posting links. Parts like engine blocks, pistons, crank and camshafts, transmission cases, valve chests ets.

Which were made in Nigeria?

This plonker is debating using facts . . . Nigerians don't like facts, they prefer emotions.

1 Like

Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by obua: 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2010
this effort is commendable and so all this rubbish should stop.
It is only assembly, but with a press shop.
This guy also has a tyre factory being built when all the tyre plants in Nigeria have closed down

pls check this http://innosonivm.com/En/About2.Asp.
http://innoson-group.com/innoson-plastic.php
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Ikengawo: 12:53am On Oct 24, 2012
Siena:

No need to get personal, and abusive, everyone is entitled to an opinion, you don't have to agree, just state yours.

GM doesn't make all the parts for their vehicles, true. But a greater percentage of the parts are made on behalf of GM, based on GM's designs. The engine blocks and internals, transmission cases and internals, axles, suspension etc are GM branded. Only common parts to other manufacturers will be items like tyres, and components within the ECU's, though the ECU's will contain GM maps.

Are there any Nigerian branded parts on those cars / vans? I'll bet you'll find the parts are branded Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Denso etc. Same thing happened many years ago, when the "Eddy Bongos" name was stamped on some small commercial vehicles, and branded "Nigerian built." When the truth was they were rebadged Mazda's, with slightly altered grilles, bumpers and emblems.
not true. GM assembles and buys it's parts from china

[size=13pt]can you people prove to me that these parts are not made in nigeria or are you just assuming because you're hateful and incapable?[/size]
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nwunuken(m): 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
Siena: Are these truly Nigerian-built?

I'd say the engines, transmission, suspension, ECU's, aircon, braking systems etc are all sourced from Asia, which will ultimately mean they're not Nigerian at all. If we research further, we'll find the mechanicals and electricals are shared with other Korean / Japanese vehicles.

The body panels, I'm not sure of, but if they were pressed in Nigeria, it won't be enough to state these vehicles are products of Nigeria.
they are naija products
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nwunuken(m): 1:23pm On Oct 28, 2012
faoni572: When are the vehicles going to be on sales?
the vehicles are already on naija rd
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2012
chriskay: much more pics

more like a isuzu kb

Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ikengawo: not true. GM assembles and buys it's parts from china

...And GM holds the patents for GM-specific items. I'm not referring to semi-conductor material in the ECM's, the MAF, CTS etc. These parts will be shared with other vehicles, and even other electronic gadgets that have nothing to do with the automobile! I'm referring to cylinder head / block castings, transmissions, axles, body panels, instrumentation etc. These are specific to each make and model of car. GM hold the patents for the parts that are manufactured in China. So these parts are made to GM engineer's specification. Their R & D department created the blueprints.

Ikengawo: [size=13pt]can you people prove to me that these parts are not made in nigeria or are you just assuming because you're hateful and incapable?[/size]

Trust a Nigerian to confuse hate, reality and patriotism.

I'm not hateful, or incapable. I'm realistic. I think in a logical sequence, because that's what humans are meant to do, think. Not just accept what we're told, if we have doubt, we dig deep. And boy, you'll be shocked at what you can unearth, even using your bluntest shovel.

I don't have to prove these parts were not manufactured in Nigeria - because Nigeria has already done that without knowing it! Any country would be proud to put their name on major components in an automobile! To cast engine blocks, transmission casings, axles, pistons, cranks etc, a tooling facility must first exist. Let's assume they went cheaper, and decided to use the less complex method of forging steel components, a forge must exist.

A forgery or casting facility would create employment for thousands of workers. Can you name anyone who works in a Nigerian Forge, or Casting facility? I won't even delve too deeply into the body, which requires a huge press to stamp out and cut the panels to shape and size. Where are these factories, or are they hidden, NASA-style?

There is no Automobile engine casting or forgery facility in Nigeria. There is no Automobile body pressing and stamping facility in Nigeria. Oh sure, there's loads of steel, and iron ore, but none of this goes into building automotive engines, transmissions or bodyshells, and that's fact.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
ZIM DRILL: more like a isuzu kb

That's because it IS based upon the superstructure of the Isuzu KB. wink

The engines are built in China, and not built to any Nigerian patent. These engines can be supplied to any manufacturer, as long as they're willing to pay. You couldn't do the same with an Isuzu motor. wink
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by Ikengawo: 12:44am On Nov 02, 2012
Siena:

...And GM holds the patents for GM-specific items. I'm not referring to semi-conductor material in the ECM's, the MAF, CTS etc. These parts will be shared with other vehicles, and even other electronic gadgets that have nothing to do with the automobile! I'm referring to cylinder head / block castings, transmissions, axles, body panels, instrumentation etc. These are specific to each make and model of car. GM hold the patents for the parts that are manufactured in China. So these parts are made to GM engineer's specification. Their R & D department created the blueprints.

Trust a Nigerian to confuse hate, reality and patriotism.

I'm not hateful, or incapable. I'm realistic. I think in a logical sequence, because that's what humans are meant to do, think. Not just accept what we're told, if we have doubt, we dig deep. And boy, you'll be shocked at what you can unearth, even using your bluntest shovel.

I don't have to prove these parts were not manufactured in Nigeria - because Nigeria has already done that without knowing it! Any country would be proud to put their name on major components in an automobile! To cast engine blocks, transmission casings, axles, pistons, cranks etc, a tooling facility must first exist. Let's assume they went cheaper, and decided to use the less complex method of forging steel components, a forge must exist.

A forgery or casting facility would create employment for thousands of workers. Can you name anyone who works in a Nigerian Forge, or Casting facility? I won't even delve too deeply into the body, which requires a huge press to stamp out and cut the panels to shape and size. Where are these factories, or are they hidden, NASA-style?

There is no Automobile engine casting or forgery facility in Nigeria. There is no Automobile body pressing and stamping facility in Nigeria. Oh sure, there's loads of steel, and iron ore, but none of this goes into building automotive engines, transmissions or bodyshells, and that's fact.

but why did your thinking go towards trying to disprove this companies achievement? Why did you assume there was a lie behind it or a fallacy? His nationality? race? tribe?
Can you prove to me that there's none of the things you're citing in Nigeria? Can you prove to me that Toyota's parts are made 100% in Japan and Ford 100% in the US?

You're objection is ok, it's the fact that you met this achievement with automatic objection that makes me question the origin of your objections. No major car manufacture produces all of it's parts in a single country. Innoson is a start up and show be no different. You can't cite Innosons building formula. You can't tell me how they make their cars, you have no means of proving any of it and you haven't researched it. You know they make cars and you assume they're fraudulent and you're thus filling in the gaps with attempts to discredit their efforts and achievements by citing things (they get parts from other countries) that literally every single car plant does.

If Innoson doesn't make motors in Nigeria, and you're a Nigerian, why not strive to be the person that starts making engines in Nigeria instead of waiting for someone to acheive something and battering it's 'imperfections' on the internet like a parasitic coward?
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by eslathomas(m): 8:19am On Nov 14, 2013
DatNiggaAk:

DON'T MIND him. the so called Nnewi industrialists are the ones responsible for flooding the Nigerian market with substandard Chinese products. They go to the Guangzhou region of China, mass produce tyres, batteries, generators etc and give them names such as hankook, diamond etc. its so bad now that Haier Thermocool now sells branded 21" - 52" LCD tv's, inverters, generators, split and window A/C's all from China and claim to be an indigenous company when all they are really doing is killing our truly indigenous companies by mass producing and importing substandard Chinese products which are cheaper into the country.they succeed in doing these by compromising key officials in SON and Nigerian customs service with bribes who allow such products into the country through our ports. its really sad and a vicious cycle with a multiplier effect that is already destroying our economy starting with the manufacturing sector.
DatNiggaAk:

[color=#006600]DON'T MIND him. the so called Nnewi industrialists are the ones responsible for flooding the Nigerian market with substandard Chinese products. They go to the Guangzhou region of China, mass produce tyres, batteries, generators etc and give them names such as hankook, diamond etc. its so bad now that Haier Thermocool now sells branded 21" - 52" LCD tv's, inverters, generators, split and window A/C's all from China and claim to be an indigenous company when all they are really doing is killing our truly indigenous companies by mass producing and importing substandard Chinese products which are cheaper into the country.they succeed in doing these by compromising key officials in SON and Nigerian customs service with bribes who allow such products into the country through our ports. its really sad and a vicious cycle with a multiplier effect that is already destroying our economy starting with the manufacturing sector.
[/color]
DatNiggaAk:

its easier to agree with you because as Nigerians we don't believe in ourselves. by the way he has ti start from somewhere. I am buying one of his cars for myself next year God's willing.
Re: Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! by eslathomas(m): 8:23am On Nov 14, 2013
DatNiggaAk:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 1933 5th Wheel Invention We Definitely Need In Nigerian Cities Today / An SUV Rammed Into Ditch In Awolowo Road (pictures) / Man Killed In Ikorodu By Hit And Run Driver (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.