Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths (26171 Views)

Fayemi Tells Fayose What To Do With June Allocation / Quit Whining, Accept You Failed – PDP Tells Buhari / Go To The Farm And Earn Respect, Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by ivandragon: 8:27am On Jan 24, 2017
how some people come to defend the indefensible is a serious cause for concern...

4.5m jobs lost & over 200 companies shutdown in the private sector in less than 18 months due to confused & draconian policies & some people think Fayemi is making sense?

those people & businesses were already fending for themselves before PMB nuked the Nigerian economy.

besides, how does Fayemi now justify the Npower, school feeding & N5000 to the so called poorest people?

is he indirectly condemning those programmes?

why didn't he say this during the campaigns when they were promising heaven & earth?

the contradiction between what he presently espouses, the campaign promises & the actions of PMB makes a complete mockery of his speech.

social media idiots, over to you...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Eggheader101: 8:31am On Jan 24, 2017
sarrki:

Editor in chief , thank you.

Fayemi is arrogant based on facts

Tell a single achievement since he became minister

Apart from politicking in last ondo gubernatorial election

I will say it for the records I will only support a working politician be it any party.
am beginning to believe that you are on the payroll of tinubu .anybody that goes against ur god tinubu automatically becomes ur enemy be the person in APC or PDP.pathetic.you need to get a job already.i can offer you one if you are ready because of ur intelligency

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by drss2(m): 8:31am On Jan 24, 2017
omo see insults cheesy those youths dat vote dis govt to power should be ashame of demselves.

2 Likes

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by sarrki(m): 8:35am On Jan 24, 2017
Eggheader101:
am beginning to believe that you are on the payroll of tinubu .anybody that goes against ur god tinubu automatically becomes ur enemy be the person in APC or PDP.pathetic.you need to get a job already.i can offer you one if you are ready because of ur intelligency

Lol thanks brother

I am OK

God bless you
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by kilokeys(m): 9:17am On Jan 24, 2017
we sef wan go do masters for uk..

and drive kabu kabu there..

can the average youths even pay their school fees themselves,, talk more of flying overseas for masters..

idiotman

2 Likes

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by HCF(m): 9:18am On Jan 24, 2017
Tomorrow now he will deny saying it. Or 'I was quoted out of context'.......but deep down he truly believes he doesnt 'owe them a dime'.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by SalomonKane: 9:18am On Jan 24, 2017
Yes, no one owes us anything, but still, the government owe us everything.

They owe us good roads, stable power supply, good drinking water and other basic amenity of life.

Fayemi should be mindful of his words. Saying nobody owes anybody anything reek of gross insensitivity and tactlessness.

I hope he knows he's an appointed public official and by far and large, he owes the people something? grin

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by FirstLadyNaija(f): 9:18am On Jan 24, 2017
IS TOO LONG FOR ME TO READ. Someone should summarize with a Cartoon.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by onward4life(m): 9:18am On Jan 24, 2017
Kyllahmc:
But Op... This is too long for a hungry Nigerian to read cry

WINCH PERSON grin
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by okonja(m): 9:20am On Jan 24, 2017
To be candid, that's the truth..no one is gonna give you anything, you need to stand up for yourself

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Jimi23(m): 9:23am On Jan 24, 2017
He 4got to also add that he leached on his wife who is older than he is to get a British Passport and get things done the easy way.
Why did he not think out of the box, start up his own Company after losing his seat to Fayose instead of scrambling for a Ministerial position, sitting in the office like a dummy, doing nothing but earning his salary?
His children and their generations will never quit whining. BastaarrD.

6 Likes

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Abdstrakt(m): 9:25am On Jan 24, 2017
"We need to get off our high horses, quit whining and start doing — for ourselves and for our country
"

If the country doesn't owe us anything then we don't owe the country nothing as well.

5 Likes

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by deefem81: 9:26am On Jan 24, 2017
ivandragon:
how some people come to defend the indefensible is a serious cause for concern...

4.5m jobs lost & over 200 companies shutdown in the private sector in less than 18 months due to confused & draconian policies & some people think Fayemi is making sense?

those people & businesses were already fending for themselves before PMB nuked the Nigerian economy.

besides, how does Fayemi now justify the Npower, school feeding & N5000 to the so called poorest people?

is he indirectly condemning those programmes?

why didn't he say this during the campaigns when they were promising heaven & earth?

the contradiction between what he presently espouses, the campaign promises & the actions of PMB makes a complete mockery of his speech.

social media idiots, over to you...

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group to join oyo/ibadan n-health : https:///KKdz9DEpIvREMk68ApU4el
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 24, 2017
I advice everyone to spend 5mins in reading these words of wisdom, it will change your life positively
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 24, 2017
SalomonKane:
Yes, no one owes us anything, but still, the government owe us everything.

They owe us good roads, stable power supply, good drinking water and other basic amenity of life.

Fayemi should be mindful of his words. Saying nobody owes anybody anything reek of gross insensitivity and tactlessness.

I hope he knows he's an appointed public official and by far and large, he owes the people something? grin

Oya keep waiting for the govt to give you what it owes you
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by HomeOfMe(f): 9:31am On Jan 24, 2017
I Initially wanted to attack him until i finished reading the article. He made some sense.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by eph12(m): 9:31am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

Did you read it at all? He made legitimate points. The earlier students in higher institutions realize that education doesn't guarantee you a good job, the better for them. Every students keep believing government owes them jobs. Government has no business creating jobs. Private sector is there for that purpose.

I'm not a fan of Fayemi for the looting he did in Ekiti but he made some good points.

Some of you should learn to read before making comments on things you haven't read. The moment most of you read the headlines, you start making contributions that a learned fellow wouldn't have made.
Thank you for the summary.

if only they had said all these during election ehn

Tell me how sme is going to thrive under harsh conditions? Who wants their job? They should just fix power and mortgage plans that's all
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by ashala(m): 9:33am On Jan 24, 2017
Kyllahmc:
But Op... This is too long for a hungry Nigerian to read cry

Abi ooooo
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by eezeribe(m): 9:33am On Jan 24, 2017
Well said sir...
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 24, 2017
owopokiri:

That line about "government having no business creating jobs" has been so abused in this country that we need to start stoning politicians who wantonly use that dodgy excuse to gloss over their responsibilities,(And this is coming from a person who has never worked for government no another person since youth service!) Why am i saying that? While it is true that Nigerian youths have been so mentally derailed to always wait for government jobs instead of starting something on their own, we have to ask ourselves, how did we get here?

The fact is that it is the job of the government to provide the citizens with the skills needed for them to be able to be competitive in a modern economy! Is the Nigerian government doing so? No! You cant claim to be doing so when what you have is a litany of wayward universities with mangled curriculum! You have to train the young ones to specifics and you have to draw up your curriculum in a way that skilled hands coming of the campuses can easily be meaningful to the society by having the necessary training to start off from areas within the society where their skills are badly needed. That helps make their jobs rewarding.. You don't do that by flooding everywhere with just lawyers and doctors, with sociologists and political scientists. We need more engineers in this country, more scientists, geologists, artists, and more importantly, more qualified artisans.

How many mechanics or carpenters, or masons have you met that acquired their skills in a 'skills acquisition center' where there are set standards and examinations to meet quality skills training in order to insure optimal output? But when that mechanic that learnt his thread by watching his old uncle messes up your car engine, you start to curse and hiss. BOTTOMLINE: The government failed the citizens by not identifying areas in the economy where we need more hands, then building more schools to skill citizens optimally to fill in those areas and providing cheap funds through dedicated bank loans for start up thereafter! Simple!

Continue asking questions, it is your type that mislead others while making the most of what you have, all this epistle you wrote is directed at who exactly? Govt failed citizens, yet most people here including you vote based on tribe. If you read what he said with an open mind you should have noticed that he made some good points.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by OBAGADAFFI: 9:35am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

Did you read it at all? He made legitimate points. The earlier students in higher institutions realize that education doesn't guarantee you a good job, the better for them. Every students keep believing government owes them jobs. Government has no business creating jobs. Private sector is there for that purpose.

I'm not a fan of Fayemi for the looting he did in Ekiti but he made some good points.

Some of you should learn to read before making comments on things you haven't read. The moment most of you read the headlines, you start making contributions that a learned fellow wouldn't have made.

And when Government policies kill Private sector who will help us.

Its easy for politicians to run their mouth about Nigerian Youths, but why are they in Government?

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by SycophanticGoat: 9:36am On Jan 24, 2017
sarrki:

Morning

You can't tell me to go and fetch water with bare hands

In a sane society, it's normal to say such

In Africa especially Nigeria where is the enabling environment for us to thrive ?

I just want him to just mention one single achievement since he became minister?

Talk is cheap

It feels good seeing two or more zombsicles digging it out. Breeze go begin blow fowl nyansh! grin grin grin
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by idupaul: 9:36am On Jan 24, 2017
Omudia11:
You owe Nigerians good roads, electricity , good health system.

Visionless leaders.

Exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:36am On Jan 24, 2017
Na God punish am.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Nbote(m): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2017
I really don't blame him or d govt.. When dey were busy promising heaven on earth during campaigns jus to get youths to help dem snatch ballot boxes, rig elections via massive thumb printing and carry out their bidding via electoral violence. The Nigerian youth only needs an enabling environment to thrive. U want everyone to start considering entrepreneurship wen even the very basic of infrastructures are mostly non existent. Atleast make youths begin use their sense and remember Michael Jackson's "THEY DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT US!!
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Blaqsuqar: 9:38am On Jan 24, 2017
Omudia11:
You owe Nigerians good roads, electricity , good health system.

Visionless leaders.
Plus quality education,security 2say the least

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by jidxin(m): 9:39am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

my broda dont say wat u dont know....d constitution is d modus operandi dey follow nd it is one of d law enshrined in the constitution. the government is responsible for it's citizens......so mind ur sef oo

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by balladin: 9:40am On Jan 24, 2017
I didn't bother to read the long nonsense. The caption got gravely bruised. How can a government official be so brazenly arrogant and callous. Perhaps he has been able to loot enough to guarantee a good life for his children. Indeed the government owes the youth a whole lot. Give us good schools for heavens sake!!!!! How well are our universities funded for research and curricular development. The youths that run SMEs need to be financed. Honorable minister please don't spoil my morning ooo. It's just too early for this your nonsense.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by SalomonKane: 9:44am On Jan 24, 2017
Pidgin2:

Oya keep waiting for the govt to give you what it owes you
It's the very reason why people like you are given 2 cups of rice to sell their vote.

I for one will and can never wait for this foolish and backward government to do what they're suppose to do, I've moved on, but that doesn't mean I should keep mute and not challenge them to do what is right and necessary.

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by richard870(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2017
Our public holders 'leaders' have a problem linked with ego, attributed to primitivism and utmost stupi-dity. I am yet to see a selfless and rational person assume a public with an undiluted humility after being appointed.

I have always seen this man as a shallow minded individual whose speech if filled with pride.

In a nutshell, he is a ..........ool!!!!
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by jchioma: 9:44am On Jan 24, 2017
The man is saying the truth. This entitlement mentality where most modern day youths just sit and wait for opportunities to look for them is appalling. No one owes you nothing. Get off your high horse and look for something to do with your lives instead of complaining and whining about the government's failure to help you. Who you help?
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by yedidiah(m): 9:45am On Jan 24, 2017
If you cannot read a write up from start to finish, you have no right to complain about how the country is run.

Somebody can sit and watch a 2hrs movie and complain about how "long" an article is and still wants to go far in life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boris Oyebanji, Kidnapped By Pirates And Mistakenly Arrested For Being A Pirate / Lai Mohammed Denies Ordering NBC To Suspend BBNaija / Mother Of Four, Brother-In-Law Set Ablaze By Angry Lagos Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.