Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths (26203 Views)

Fayemi Tells Fayose What To Do With June Allocation / Quit Whining, Accept You Failed – PDP Tells Buhari / Go To The Farm And Earn Respect, Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by 247Dior(m): 9:45am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

Did you read it at all? He made legitimate points. The earlier students in higher institutions realize that education doesn't guarantee you a good job, the better for them. Every students keep believing government owes them jobs. Government has no business creating jobs. Private sector is there for that purpose.

I'm not a fan of Fayemi for the looting he did in Ekiti but he made some good points.

Some of you should learn to read before making comments on things you haven't read. The moment most of you read the headlines, you start making contributions that a learned fellow wouldn't have made.
and who's responsibility is it to create enabling environment for private sector to excel thereby creating jobs?

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Folksyharry(m): 9:47am On Jan 24, 2017
No politician in Nigeria should tell anyone to quit whining. They should leave this for the real hard-working people.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by tunde2222: 9:48am On Jan 24, 2017
But did he 4get government owes us d responsibility of providing an enabling business environment. What infrastructure can govt boast of. (no light, no road, e.t.c). No good/standard policies.(if I spend 1yr on a biz proposal and it works fyn afterwards, someone else can jst open an exact outlet in a building nxt 2 me after 2 months. Even farmers don't have good road networks. I so much disagree with him. This govt is failing Nigerians already.
FastShipping:

Did you read it at all? He made legitimate points. The earlier students in higher institutions realize that education doesn't guarantee you a good job, the better for them. Every students keep believing government owes them jobs. Government has no business creating jobs. Private sector is there for that purpose.

I'm not a fan of Fayemi for the looting he did in Ekiti but he made some good points.

Some of you should learn to read before making comments on things you haven't read. The moment most of you read the headlines, you start making contributions that a learned fellow wouldn't have made.

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by dermmy(m): 9:48am On Jan 24, 2017
Omudia11:
You owe Nigerians good roads, electricity , good health system.

Visionless leaders.

God bless you, infact i owe you 100k for this yoir comment grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by 4tune490(m): 9:48am On Jan 24, 2017
Now you don't owe us but During election you ppl will change pattern just to get our vote. We r wiser now.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by buchilino(m): 9:49am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

I AGREE, FAYEMI MADE SOME GOOD POINTS, BUT I WILL ADVICE FAYEMI, IF HIS WITHOUT SIN LET HIM BE D FIRST 2 CAST D STONE.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by goldman777: 9:52am On Jan 24, 2017
I'm disappointed in fayemi a public office holder in the federal government cabinet spewing thrash trying to compensate himself for achieving nothing while still in office.fayemi,fayemi you owe the tax paying public.good governance and infrastructure. But your dull African black leadership brain can't comprehend that what a shame

4 Likes

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Baawaa(m): 10:00am On Jan 24, 2017
Kyllahmc:
But Op... This is too long for a hungry Nigerian to read cry
That is why,"readers are leaders",and don't that are lazy to read are hungry
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by ngwababe(f): 10:01am On Jan 24, 2017
They owe us nothing but we owe them our votes! Una well done ooo
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by tukdi: 10:02am On Jan 24, 2017
owopokiri:

That line about "government having no business creating jobs" has been so abused in this country that we need to start stoning politicians who wantonly use that dodgy excuse to gloss over their responsibilities,(And this is coming from a person who has never worked for government no another person since youth service!) Why am i saying that? While it is true that Nigerian youths have been so mentally derailed to always wait for government jobs instead of starting something on their own, we have to ask ourselves, how did we get here?

The fact is that it is the job of the government to provide the citizens with the skills needed for them to be able to be competitive in a modern economy! Is the Nigerian government doing so? No! You cant claim to be doing so when what you have is a litany of wayward universities with mangled curriculum! You have to train the young ones to specifics and you have to draw up your curriculum in a way that skilled hands coming of the campuses can easily be meaningful to the society by having the necessary training to start off from areas within the society where their skills are badly needed. That helps make their jobs rewarding.. You don't do that by flooding everywhere with just lawyers and doctors, with sociologists and political scientists. We need more engineers in this country, more scientists, geologists, artists, and more importantly, more qualified artisans.

How many mechanics or carpenters, or masons have you met that acquired their skills in a 'skills acquisition center' where there are set standards and examinations to meet quality skills training in order to insure optimal output? But when that mechanic that learnt his thread by watching his old uncle messes up your car engine, you start to curse and hiss. BOTTOMLINE: The government failed the citizens by not identifying areas in the economy where we need more hands, then building more schools to skill citizens optimally to fill in those areas and providing cheap funds through dedicated bank loans for start up thereafter! Simple!

Oga me, you've just scattered my head with your write up! grin

Infact, you've made my day sef! cool

God bless you! cool

2 Likes

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Junior66(m): 10:03am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

1. Govt creates jobs through spending on infrastructure (John Maynard Keynes, 1936?) like massive construction works.
2. Govt creates an enabling environment for the private sector to create jobs. Do you expect companies like Dangote to electrify states before establishing there?
3.PMB has failed to create an enabling environment for most of our foreign firms, now dey have fled with our jobs.

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Nemma(m): 10:03am On Jan 24, 2017
This is a wake up call to all Nigerian youth. they owe us nothing, despite all the promises made by Grandpa (Buhari) and his cohorts (APC) before we voted them in.

Mr Minister have you forgotten you are one of the candidate of free and quality education(no strike), free feeding but you won't mention that.. Your social class is not and inderance for you to obtain you masters degree in the UK because the economy is pleasant and government have mass friendly policies in the past..

Youth I think its high we stop giving power to all this old people as they have nothing to offer, most of them don't even know their duties.

2 Likes

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by lagosrd: 10:04am On Jan 24, 2017
owopokiri:

That line about "government having no business creating jobs" has been so abused in this country that we need to start stoning politicians who wantonly use that dodgy excuse to gloss over their responsibilities,(And this is coming from a person who has never worked for government no another person since youth service!) Why am i saying that? While it is true that Nigerian youths have been so mentally derailed to always wait for government jobs instead of starting something on their own, we have to ask ourselves, how did we get here?

The fact is that it is the job of the government to provide the citizens with the skills needed for them to be able to be competitive in a modern economy! Is the Nigerian government doing so? No! You cant claim to be doing so when what you have is a litany of wayward universities with mangled curriculum! You have to train the young ones to specifics and you have to draw up your curriculum in a way that skilled hands coming of the campuses can easily be meaningful to the society by having the necessary training to start off from areas within the society where their skills are badly needed. That helps make their jobs rewarding.. You don't do that by flooding everywhere with just lawyers and doctors, with sociologists and political scientists. We need more engineers in this country, more scientists, geologists, artists, and more importantly, more qualified artisans.

How many mechanics or carpenters, or masons have you met that acquired their skills in a 'skills acquisition center' where there are set standards and examinations to meet quality skills training in order to insure optimal output? But when that mechanic that learnt his thread by watching his old uncle messes up your car engine, you start to curse and hiss. BOTTOMLINE: The government failed the citizens by not identifying areas in the economy where we need more hands, then building more schools to skill citizens optimally to fill in those areas and providing cheap funds through dedicated bank loans for start up thereafter! Simple!

Agreed poop but what exactly has this useless set of people done to alleviate the problems of their people. No good roads, no social amenities ,no enabling environment nothing good has come out from these crap. The economy has so much been turned upside down that all they do is to complainants blame Jonathan. Bunch of failures.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by loomer: 10:04am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

Government owe its citizens everything.

So make we go drive taxi for another country or be bodyguard for another country before we go make am ni?
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Princedapace(m): 10:05am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

Govt owes me stable electricity.. As obtsinle in other countries
The govt owes me stable water, good road business friendly environment which will attracts business in the country, the govt owes me modern means of transportation...

Govt owes me access to credit facilities, housing, infrastructure, sporting environment, security, quality education.. Govt should get these done and leave the rest.

Thunder fire that man for saying this... Nigeria has abandoned youths and made them vulnerable.. We almost provide everything by our selves..

I do internet based business and I know how much I spend fueling my generator.. After spending his much obtaining a degree from one of the best universities in Nigeria, sadly, our universities don't even have structures to build better citizens..

Na hustle we dey hustle am for naija... Nigeria as a country has failed. Indians come to our country and employ our people and pay them 40k per month.. Thunder fire his mouth

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 24, 2017
Your grammar dosen't apply to your children and those of your cronies. Shameless establishment career politician!!
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by fizzy4luv(m): 10:06am On Jan 24, 2017
Utterance of words is easy , any right thinking fella can claim public space to spew motivational words .He is not in a capacity to complain that Nigerian Youths are whining , what are his antecedents both as a student and struggling youth ? congratulate people who admire him for his epistle, if this is their first time of knowing that they should get something doing if Govt is not forthcoming . As for me i will only admire such words from a non public office holder to a government appointee who i fund his salary every month from my pay check .Common guys , this people are just shoving dirt on our body , you can't fix it , you get out and let a fresh intelligent mind come in .

2 Likes

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by gabicon: 10:06am On Jan 24, 2017
So what exactly is the responsibility of the government? The same UK you drove a taxi in wasn't it its government that provided an enabling environment for the job to thrive? Obama came in as president and was up and doing trying to create jobs so is trump doing at the moment is it that they are irresponsible in taking a responsibility that is not theirs? The apc slogan was jobs jobs jobs if it were not your responsibility why did you coin the slogan. When you and your colleagues children finish school how many of them hit the streets looking for a job? Or better still how many of them have gone to write gmats n shl with a mammoth crowd? Or how many of their children have opened businesses and employing people? We need to stop encouraging these sycophants, let's go back and read the Singapore story and how her government bridged the unemployment gap and also the skill gap it was all government policy combined with cooperation of its people. Our leaders are mentally lazy if you don't believe it compare what Donald Duke and Former agric minister Adeshina did to all the other govonors and ministers since 1999. Wait a minute what is Dr Fayemi's lagacy in ekiti?

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by BIDOO(m): 10:07am On Jan 24, 2017
sarrki:
Pride cometh before fall

Fayemi be warned
just now you confirm my long time suspicion that you only read headline of a news to judge the content! No wonder you are confused politically.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 24, 2017
4tune490:
Now you don't owe us but During election you ppl will change pattern just to get our vote. We r wiser now.

The politicians think we all are stupid
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by lagosrd: 10:07am On Jan 24, 2017
I think he is right in the sense that this government too should stop blaming past government and do the right thing. Common ministry of solid mine he can't manage.

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by BIDOO(m): 10:11am On Jan 24, 2017
sarrki:
Pride cometh before fall

Fayemi be warned
just now you confirm my long time suspicion that you only read headline of a news to judge the content! No wonder you are confused politically
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by sekem: 10:13am On Jan 24, 2017
I stand with Fayemi on this.

Wasted youths.

Wasted generation.

Ideas and creativity = 0;

Cultism, prostitution, tribalism, drug abuse, crass stupidity & mental laziness = 100;

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 24, 2017
sarrki:
Pride cometh before fall

Fayemi be warned

Reading the post will do you good bro. What journalists do write as the subject of their news far different from the content.

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by aloeman15(m): 10:17am On Jan 24, 2017
Nigerian youths and easy manipulation like 5&6.
Make una no wori, eh?

Petrol going up soon

Dollar breaking N500 soon

Strikes soon

More unpaid salaries soon

Una dey wait for saviour since.

He's here to send you to paradise.

Make una neva reset una brain yet o!

D suffering neva rish critical.

E remain small, eh?

Silly people
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by NaWetinDey(m): 10:19am On Jan 24, 2017
You don't owe us anything but you collect taxes, whip people into your lines and claim to represent us. Hell is near
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Zenlife: 10:21am On Jan 24, 2017
Mr Fayemi,
While you touch on some validity,
As a public servant, a national minister,
You et al, OWE the youths, Nigeria a whole lot.
At the least, provisions of barest necessities for human and national growth; to ensure you leave office better than you met it. To not steal public monies; to be responsible with leadership; to give them practical hope and not patronizing words; unflattering electricity, food (affordable), water, affordable decent shelter, security, safety, etc. To not fail.

You speak insensitively and callously. Egotistic foolish pride. Why are you and others in office?
You OWE the people patriotic SERVICE.
Or don't you? You probably perceive patriotism as 'nothing', hence you are starved of it.
You are all disappointing public servants.
Anathemas!

You're the one to get off your ego suffocating high horse. What a shame sham.
Mr minister, to he much is given, much is expected.

ALL POLITICIANS OWE THE PEOPLE.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by naijagobetter(m): 10:21am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

you are very correct, when i read the topic i was like... But reading through i concur 100 pecent. Thnx
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by merjosh: 10:26am On Jan 24, 2017
What an irrational statement!
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 24, 2017
SalomonKane:
It's the very reason why people like you are given 2 cups of rice to sell their vote.

I for one will and can never wait for this foolish and backward government to do what they're suppose to do, I've moved on, but that doesn't mean I should keep mute and not challenge them to do what is right and necessary.

It seems you are the kind that wait for N200 to decide who to vote for

If you have moved on, what are you still ranting about on social media for? Waiting for the government to spoon feed you meanwhile when it's time to vote money must change hands first and the individual's tribe is a crucial determining factor before people like you vote
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by JurassicPark: 10:28am On Jan 24, 2017
with this government, it is so easy to sit and pen down thought-provoking speeches..just to sway the public minds away from empirical realities

Majority of these public office holders thrive on our common wealth and come to the public to spew gibberish hoping to sound intelligent..but can't do jack to change anything despite being in positions to influence outcomes. Just figure heads with clouts

Nigerians are natural born hustlers regardless of what the failures in power think!

This twisted piece from one of the twisted old folk ruling the country is just an expression of lack of capacity and failure
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by ochobaba(m): 10:30am On Jan 24, 2017
ZUBY77:
You mean he said this?
like you read it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AGF Declares Omo-agege’s Suspension Illegal / The Faces Of The Thugs That Stole Imo APC Congress Result Sheets (VIDEO) / 2023: Yarima Declares Interest To Contest For Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.