Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths (26189 Views)

Fayemi Tells Fayose What To Do With June Allocation / Quit Whining, Accept You Failed – PDP Tells Buhari / Go To The Farm And Earn Respect, Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by mfm04622: 10:30am On Jan 24, 2017
ZUBY77:
You mean he said this?
Is it not the truth? After secondary school education, nobody owe any youth anything. My opinion
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Ikigia: 10:32am On Jan 24, 2017
Well said Fayemi. Your LIFE is in your HANDS. #nobodyreallycares
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by SalomonKane: 10:37am On Jan 24, 2017
Pidgin2:

It seems you are the kind that wait for N200 to decide who to vote for
On the contrary, that is you, not me. Cos any man that spewed what you spew clearly needs a lobotomy.

If you have moved on, what are you still ranting about on social media for? Waiting for the government to spoon feed you meanwhile when it's time to vote money must change hands first and the individual's tribe is a crucial determining factor before people like you vote
Indeed, I've moved. 'my ranting' isn't just ranting, it's meant to challenge the government so they'll know they are accountable and responsible to the people who voted them into office. That's why I'm on social media 'ranting'. But one as low and narrow as you can and will never see that.

Shallow minded has never improved on the life of those who astutely suffer from it.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 24, 2017
NaijaEfcc:
Nobody owes us anything but what do you come to tell us during elections?? What is your responsibility? Look at the new government in America already providing jobs!! Trying to make Obamacare better and you are here talking trash!!! The kind of leaders that we have bunch of irresponsible idiots!!!! angry Any zombie that quote me, must die! No joke!! angry

did you read the post carefully before commenting, just read ur comments again, and what has been ur impact in the growth of this economy. go out there and see how you can benefit the economy instead making comments like this.Death is not in your hands but in the hands of God the most High and everybody must die one day.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by chibuzorAbia: 10:51am On Jan 24, 2017
kilokeys:
we sef wan go do masters for uk..

and drive kabu kabu there..

can the average youths even pay their school fees themselves,, talk more of flying overseas for masters..

idiotman

Nobody owes you anything Oga!
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by mohciz69(m): 10:53am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

Did you read it at all? He made legitimate points. The earlier students in higher institutions realize that education doesn't guarantee you a good job, the better for them. Every students keep believing government owes them jobs. Government has no business creating jobs. Private sector is there for that purpose.

I'm not a fan of Fayemi for the looting he did in Ekiti but he made some good points.

Some of you should learn to read before making comments on things you haven't read. The moment most of you read the headlines, you start making contributions that a lea
rned fellow wouldn't have made.

boy you mean to tell me the govt doesn't have to provide jobs for youths, that we meant to go back to our parents after school, so why did they promise us they gonna give us job when they were campaigning?.... do y didn't I just go learn a trade?... why did I even go to school boy?...answer the questions boy...
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by kilokeys(m): 10:54am On Jan 24, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

Nobody owes you anything Oga!

you wrong. they owe us the basics.. everything i have today i worked for. light in my house, water to bathe, and we still pay taxes.

dont deceive urself..

its not an excuse to be lazy.. but most of them were sponsored to phd levels. we are not lazy... i dont blame u... u are very ignorant to know what you ought to have as citizens.. read about other citizens, the us, netherlands..

go back to ur spare part business and keep praying.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Xtfield(m): 10:57am On Jan 24, 2017
A very intelligent man has spoken but unfortunately he was addressing an unintelligent audience. A generation that was spoon fed through Nursery, primary, secondary schools and university. How will they suddenly be weaned from the same feeding bottle? They cannot comprehend the fact that the world has moved away from the days of their fathers when a region in Nigeria produced only 5 graduates and so were assured of automatic employment and a car to go with it! I pity Nigerian Youths! I would rather talk to a wall than address them. A generation that would rather spend hundreds of thousand to buy the latest phone but will cause a riot because university tuition has been increased to 50000 Naira! Bash Fayemi as much as you like, but he has spoken the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:04am On Jan 24, 2017
what is the way out as I read all comments here..do we fold our hands and let this people mortgage our posterity...which way forward

aren't we been divided through ethnic, religious and tribal lines..?? are we sincere to ourselves to demand true governance from the politicians..?.are we our brothers keeper and watchmen?
loads of questions we need to ask ourselves and our brain reset to default mode to know we are the reason why the politicians behave the way they are...
Nigeria may soon erupt as a volcano if we couldn't get it right....the upcoming generation will not take this smiling and suffering syndrome of the current youths...
we need to act now..
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Endy10(m): 11:24am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

Did you read it at all? He made legitimate points. The earlier students in higher institutions realize that education doesn't guarantee you a good job, the better for them. Every students keep believing government owes them jobs. Government has no business creating jobs. Private sector is there for that purpose.

I'm not a fan of Fayemi for the looting he did in Ekiti but he made some good points.

Some of you should learn to read before making comments on things you haven't read. The moment most of you read the headlines, you start making contributions that a learned fellow wouldn't have made.

I think those who debunked your thoughts have done justice to what I had in mind. The government takes from us and yet say it doesn't owe us anything? The government make life hard for us and yet say it doesn't owe us anything? And you are applauding a man who says this. He said he drove taxis...The income of a taxi driver then is way more than that of someone who works as a teller in the bank now. And you say they owe us nothing?
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by mapet: 11:29am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

sarrki: :
Pride cometh before fall

Fayemi be warned

Some of you should learn to read before making comments on things you haven't read. The moment most of you read the headlines, you start making contributions that a learned fellow wouldn't have made.

I was about tell Sarki same........
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by adelaja70(m): 11:34am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

We are too lazy in this country. I remember waiting for govt job did not come. I started pulling resources together and established a business, two guys are now working under me. Don't wait for anybody, think of what you can do for yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Sirheny007(m): 11:36am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

Government has no Business creating Jobs...

Are you crazy
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by mapet: 11:41am On Jan 24, 2017
owopokiri:

That line about "government having no business creating jobs" has been so abused in this country that we need to start stoning politicians who wantonly use that dodgy excuse to gloss over their responsibilities,(And this is coming from a person who has never worked for government no another person since youth service!) Why am i saying that? While it is true that Nigerian youths have been so mentally derailed to always wait for government jobs instead of starting something on their own, we have to ask ourselves, how did we get here?

The fact is that it is the job of the government to provide the citizens with the skills needed for them to be able to be competitive in a modern economy! Is the Nigerian government doing so? No! You cant claim to be doing so when what you have is a litany of wayward universities with mangled curriculum! You have to train the young ones to specifics and you have to draw up your curriculum in a way that skilled hands coming of the campuses can easily be meaningful to the society by having the necessary training to start off from areas within the society where their skills are badly needed. That helps make their jobs rewarding.. You don't do that by flooding everywhere with just lawyers and doctors, with sociologists and political scientists. We need more engineers in this country, more scientists, geologists, artists, and more importantly, more qualified artisans.

How many mechanics or carpenters, or masons have you met that acquired their skills in a 'skills acquisition center' where there are set standards and examinations to meet quality skills training in order to insure optimal output? But when that mechanic that learnt his thread by watching his old uncle messes up your car engine, you start to curse and hiss. BOTTOMLINE: The government failed the citizens by not identifying areas in the economy where we need more hands, then building more schools to skill citizens optimally to fill in those areas and providing cheap funds through dedicated bank loans for start up thereafter! Simple!
Few things

1. You have made analysis that detracts the thrust of Fayemi's charge to the Youths.
2. You have made seemingly statements tending towards facts, yet you have not backed it up with stats or references.

You don't do that by flooding everywhere with just lawyers and doctors, with sociologists and political scientists. We need more engineers in this country, more scientists, geologists, artists, and more importantly, more qualified artisans.

Can you show from a credible reference that we truly have inadequate number of scientists, geologists and artists? I think you missed this by a mile. What I think you should rather address is the capability of these professionals to be employable. We churn out graduates in numbers, yet most of them can hardly make it to the interview stage, the little that gets employed are mostly lacking in requisite learnings to fit into a work environment

3. You are right with the skill acquisition/Development and training as needed for many of our current and would be artisans. This is an industry largely untapped. I think it is misplaced to expect government to solely develop this industry. In developed and developing countries, government simply plays the role of regulator. It is the private sector that runs this industry. We private sector guys needs to wake up before foreigners take this industry from us. I have a South African friend that is trying to license private institution to train artisan "engineers" and "technologists". The learning curriculum and contents are already digitally simulated........and it's something revolutionary. In few years time, foreigners will control that space like NIIT and HIITs are doing in IT Training
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Endy10(m): 11:41am On Jan 24, 2017
Xtfield:
A very intelligent man has spoken but unfortunately he was addressing an unintelligent audience. A generation that was spoon fed through Nursery, primary, secondary schools and university. How will they suddenly be weaned from the same feeding bottle? They cannot comprehend the fact that the world has moved away from the days of their fathers when a region in Nigeria produced only 5 graduates and so were assured of automatic employment and a car to go with it! I pity Nigerian Youths! I would rather talk to a wall than address them. A generation that would rather spend hundreds of thousand to buy the latest phone but will cause a riot because university tuition has been increased to 50000 Naira! Bash Fayemi as much as you like, but he has spoken the truth.

From your post I guess you should be an elderly person, probably on the wrong side of fifty. You assume you said your thruth so I feel I should say mine.
You say we have moved from the time when just a few graduates were churned from the universities. You say we are now in an era where there are thousands of graduate spurning out of various universities and we should not compare with those times. My question is this: Why weren't there plans to care for the needs of the present. Why weren't more industries established, more jobs created when the government noticed the increase in demand for jobs. It is because they see people who nod their heads when they say things like 'the government does not who the youths anything'. They see people who they can trample on, people who who would see it as the norm if their rights are taken away from them. You tell me he speaks the truth. What truth? After telling me you owe me nothing and I struggle to make a name for myself you then come to collect dues in the form of tax and you say he speaks the Truth?
We have been blinded so much by the evil of the government that we no longer know what we are entitled to. We no longer know we are entitled to good roads, good health care, constant electricity. Yes! I am entitled to them because I pay my dues. I play my part.

(Final word: If I decide to by a phone worth #100000, its nobody's concern because I worked for it. its my money. But when you increase things like fees, fuel prices etc without telling me why you made such increase, my brother, I must ask you why because its my money and its my right!)

2 Likes

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by mapet: 11:45am On Jan 24, 2017
NaijaEfcc:
Nobody owes us anything but what do you come to tell us during elections?? What is your responsibility? Look at the new government in America already providing jobs!! Trying to make Obamacare better and you are here talking trash!!! The kind of leaders that we have bunch of irresponsible idiots!!!! angry Any zombie that quote me, must die! No joke!! angry

Some of you just talk without stopping to check the veracity of your claims. Pls how is Trump trying to make Obamacare better?
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by mapet: 11:47am On Jan 24, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
The Government don't owe us anything but we owe government our tax? What happened to government providing basic amenities for the citizens? Let's assume I want to set up a barbing salon how do I cope with no regular electricity? O even if I want to go into production, how will that work and I make profits if the government can't deliver the little things they owe us?

We're surrounded by bunch of wicked greedy old men talking down on the masses but follow back doors to employ their kids into CBN and other top jobs, then they'll come and tell us they don't owe us anything and bla bla bla

You are giving yourself the very "credible" excuse to fail. Everyone that has been successful (including the born-rich) had to navigate through trouble waters to get to their goal. You should stay in one lane and blame the government. It is your life on the platter now and no-one else's.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Maxphillip: 11:48am On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

yea. Its a good write up with hidding facts. Its not everybody that is waiting on government for a job but it is the basic and fundamental responsibility of government to provide enabling environment for businesses to trive. Youths of this great country are not fool neither are they lazy, we all need the support of the government in one form or the other. Part of their responsibilities is to provide stable electricity. I can tell you with all sense of authority that no country will develop or experience growth no matter how little in darkness. Nigeria is living in total darkness.

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by mapet: 11:48am On Jan 24, 2017
sarrki:

Editor in chief , thank you.

Fayemi is arrogant based on facts

Tell a single achievement since he became minister

Apart from politicking in last ondo gubernatorial election

I will say it for the records I will only support a working politician be it any party.

But what has this got to do with the fact that you didn't read the article, yet jumped to comment and was way off. Learn to take correction Bro
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2017
SalomonKane:
On the contrary, that is you, not me. Cos any man that spewed what you spew clearly needs a lobotomy.

Indeed, I've moved. 'my ranting' isn't just ranting, it's meant to challenge the government so they'll know they are accountable and responsible to the people who voted them into office. That's why I'm on social media 'ranting'. But one as low and narrow as you can and will never see that.

Shallow minded has never improved on the life of those who astutely suffer from it.

You on the other hand need a MRI scan for sure.

challenging the government on social media is nothing but cowardice to me, was it not your compatriots that campaigned on the streets of Ojota against GEJ's subsidy removal, why can't you be brave and do same now that Buhari is in power?
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 24, 2017
This shameless klepto is trying to get on my nerves, but i won't let him.
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by SalomonKane: 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
Pidgin2:

You on the other hand need a MRI scan for sure.

challenging the government on social media is nothing but cowardice to me, was it not your compatriots that campaigned on the streets of Ojota against GEJ's subsidy removal, why can't you be brave and do same now that Buhari is in power?
How do you know I wasn't among them? Cos I said I 'rant' on social media you readily assume I didn't campaign and protest against Jonathan's subsidy removal. Shame on you! It may pay you to know assumption is always the mother of all fuck_-ups.

Individuals like you revel in making useless assumption to sound intelligent never know it makes you sound more than nothing.

However, I'm sure you know social media help play a vital role in ousting Jonathan out of Aso Rock? Then again, I know for certain peeps like you are narrow minded and have a hard time knowing anything at all, that is, outside their own narrow mindedness. tongue
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by ChiefS(m): 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
Our people like distort information. I was there at the lecture. He never said government does not owe you anything. Here are his words. I'm quoting directly from his speech:

"6. Quit whining- No one owes you anything
The Last lesson I want to talk about is the debilitating entitlement mentality that is commonplace among young people today. The earlier we realize no one owes us anything the better for us, and the more prepared we would be to face life's challenges. Don't think you are entitled to a job just because of your parents influence or what they have. Don't think things would be all rosy because you graduated from UNILAG with good grades. Be prepared for surprises and disappointments because life is bound to hand you a couple. The only guarantees you have in life is what you do for yourself with the grace God has bestowed on us all.

You have to be prepared to bend backwards and do what you might consider to be beneath you, because of the bigger picture.When you consider my resume today, you might see the prestigious organizations I have been privileged to work with. What you need to know however is that as a UNILAG graduate and a postgraduate student in the United Kingdom, I have also driven taxis and worked as a security guard, amongst several other menial jobs I did in the past to survive".

What is bad about this statement. It is a convocation lecture and he was giving advice to graduating students. I'm not his fan nor APC supporter . It was an intellectual discourse. He discussed 6 lessons that life has taught him.
1. Knowledge is Power
2. Discipline - Master yourself
3. Adaptability - Be flexible and Dynamic
4. Truly live and follow your passion
5.Seize the moment- and Just Do it!
6. Quit Whining - No One owes you Anything

The press being sensational made the last point a headline
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by FastShipping: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2017
sarrki:

I will say it for the records I will only support a working politician be it any party.

You're an illiterate. Your response has nothing to do with what Fayemi said. After I pointed out your foolery, you are now dabbling into something completely different from topic being discussed. You jumped into making not well though out point without reading. That shows what is wrong with most of our youths today.

Nonsense!
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by emafa(m): 12:42pm On Jan 24, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
The Government don't owe us anything but we owe government our tax? What happened to government providing basic amenities for the citizens? Let's assume I want to set up a barbing salon how do I cope with no regular electricity? O even if I want to go into production, how will that work and I make profits if the government can't deliver the little things they owe us?

We're surrounded by bunch of wicked greedy old men talking down on the masses but follow back doors to employ their kids into CBN and other top jobs, then they'll come and tell us they don't owe us anything and bla bla bla

God bless you Sis..may your days on earth be prolonged.

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Ayobami4u: 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
no be im fault wen u vote for a man who has head but no sense nko?
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by NaijaEfcc: 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
bukolaSaraki:

did you read the post carefully before commenting, just read ur comments again, and what has been ur impact in the growth of this economy. go out there and see how you can benefit the economy instead making comments like this.Death is not in your hands but in the hands of God the most High and everybody must die one day.
don't worry your zombie pay so soon stop!! Do you have any idea how much I have spent on fuel this month!! angry Better respect yourself!! If he does not know what he is there for he should resign!!!
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Ayobami4u: 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
God will punish that his useless mouth and his hopeless children. can he tell his children that he own them nothing? re the useless hopeless children he has not eating from our money their father is stealing? God will punish his entire generational. their children that they re stealing our money for will never no peace God will destroy them all. useless slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by meshack15: 12:49pm On Jan 24, 2017
HE FAYEMI SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF SINCE HE AS PART OF THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T KNOW HIS RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE NIGERIAN YOUTHS,HE IS HAPPY BEEN THERE BECAUSE HE IS OPPORTUNED TO BE THERE TO LOOT MONEY FOR HIS CHILDREN,THE MESSAGE I HAVE FOR HIM IS THAT NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT,VERY VERY SOON ANOTHER PHAROAH WILL COME ON STAGE THAT DOES NOT KNOW JOSEPH.

ivandragon:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/quit-whining-no-body-owes-anything-fayimi-tells-nigerian-youths/
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by NaijaEfcc: 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2017
FastShipping:

You're an illiterate. Your response has nothing to do with what Fayemi said. After I pointed out your foolery, you are now dabbling into something completely different from topic being discussed. You jumped into making not well though out point without reading. That shows what is wrong with most of our youths today.

Nonsense!
Oga professor what has fayemi achieved since he became minister??!!
Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2017
Another constituted authority grin grin

Re: Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths by NaijaEfcc: 12:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
sarrki:

Is buhari working? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Buhari's Situation Is Not Like Yar’adua’s Situation" – Femi Adesina / Division In APC Over Submission Of Ministerial List To Senate - The Guardian / Anambra2021: Where Are The 230,201 APC Members Who Voted In The Primaries?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.