Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! - Family (3438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! (6411083 Views)

House Clearance Sales, Abuja Only. / House Clearance Sales / House Clearance Sales!!!!!!!!! Everything must go for 250k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3435) (3436) (3437) (3438) (3439) (3440) (3441) ... (6249) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by TheLoanGuy: 10:23am On Feb 24, 2022
Poopypants:

Done my part,

You no dey hear word, continue o.

You can see how the tide is changing, from people blaming the seller and now blaming the buyer. Your insensitive and senseless actions is part of what has done that.

Defender of the universe. Best in "Done my part."

16 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 10:24am On Feb 24, 2022
FutureFocus:

I already corrected that , she never talked about YouTube before and some of the tabs I took to are have are later confirmed to have Android version 4.4.2 and version 5.0.1 that can stream YouTube based on her own admission here, but she opted for others
You don't know how to do business, I swear.

Even me that's a tech guy don't even know the version of android that doesn't support YouTube, come on no body goes around memorising this stuff.

A very simple resolution that would have prevented all this.

"Sorry that tab you took can't do YouTube cos of .... but I have another that can do it. Since you paid.... for that, you need to add... amount, I will give you the tab that would do YouTube perfectly and collect that one back."

I have had several such encounters with various sellers.

And from the screenshot, the buyer even suggested that before coming here.

8 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by lilachiever(m): 10:28am On Feb 24, 2022
Na YouTube cause this kind of long matter.

3 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Poopypants: 10:29am On Feb 24, 2022
adewasco2k:

i totally understand your point.

look at it this way too:

1. buyer had issues because tab could not do youtube, she claimed that she told seller even before buying, that tab must be able to support youtube (that was her first claim that she made it clear she needed on that can support youtube via a voice note) - i said claim because no evidence and the follow up evidence shows she mentioned youtube 2 days after she got the tab.

2. tab doesn’t support youtube okay, good but check her posts she always say "tab doesn't support youtube and that nothing works on it which from all i have gathered is not true because she didnt mention the tab is faulty just that it has a lower version of android which doesnt support youtube app, remember she even claimed same tab doesnt support youtube on web which is false and she had to retract that.

now back to what you actually asked,

first i cant act like the buyer obviously but let you walk you through being the seller.

1. deal went wrong first i offered refund buyer said she need exchanged that tab wasnt charging, i changed it and found out it was charging
2. two days later buyer came back that new tab doesnt support youtube, we are still on the issue on whatsapp
3. buyer jumps to forum to call out seller and calling him names
4. buyer still high there with all rudeness but seller agrees with the forum to refund but gave a stupid condition
5. seller was attacked by almost everyone for such conditions and buyer continued the name calling and all.

we are human, seller is human too, omo i go vex too, like what? you have tarnished my image you know what? lets do it as business, i will not deal with compassion, no more refunding because truly no body will like to look like a looser which you will all make the seller look if he refunds and seller as the winner.

if you all have found a common ground for both of them i believe a solution would have been reached but cmon you called me names, do all that i went through all that stress, lost money and you get refunded and i still get a bad name?
aptly put. I was seeing this from your angle as at yesterday and was even sympathizing with this seller cos he genuinely looked like one who wanted protecting his brand and name and cared about that , now honestly , does this guy now look like someone that cares about all that ? Many people here warned him of This, they told him seller had nothing to loose, I was among those. He was listening, (or he was pretending to listen). I started getting pissed the moment he came up with a stupid condition for a refund, I was still calm and warned him to leave all that and count this as a lesson, seller was even talking about a third party going to do all that if they wanted , and we were all attacking buyer for not being calm and stating what she wanted , the very moment the buyer listens and goes for a resolution the seller, switches and makes a full 360, rendering everything done so far here USELESS. Dude brags on how he has sold 4 already.

1 Like

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by FutureFocus: 10:29am On Feb 24, 2022
404Dev:

Even me that's a tech guy don't even know the version of android that doesn't support YouTube, come on no body goes around memorising this stuff.

"Sorry that tab you took can't do YouTube cos of .... but I have another that can do it. Since you paid.... for that, you need to add... amount, I will give you the tab that would do YouTube perfectly and collect that one back."

Truly I never checked, I just gave her tabs to chose from , there are some customers that use to tell me that want to use the tab for a particular app, I usually ask them to find out the requirements before choosing for them, but in this case, she asked me to come with some and she made her choice
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Poopypants: 10:30am On Feb 24, 2022
TheLoanGuy:
You no dey hear word, continue o.

You can see how the tide is changing, from people blaming the seller and now blaming the buyer. Your insensitive and senseless actions is part of what has done that.

Defender of the universe. Best in "Done my part."
and the tide will change again, I have nothing to loose in all this , I simply point out a dishonest person , do with that whatever you wish.

1 Like

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 10:31am On Feb 24, 2022
404Dev:

Yesterday a had to return to a seller in computer Village cos what I got from him wasn't functioning as I wanted, he pointed the fault wasn't the item but the item couldn't handle what I wanted.

He didn't have the higher upgrade but went out into the market probably to get from his friends, returned we negotiated price, I paid and went my way.

It's as simple as that.

8 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Trojan8(m): 10:33am On Feb 24, 2022
FutureFocus:

Truly I never checked, I just gave her tabs to chose from , there are some customers that use to tell me that want to use the tab for a particular app, I usually ask them to find out the requirements before choosing for her, but in this case, she asked me to come with some and she made her choice

So why did you allow this issue to escalate like this? I agree that she may of come of as rude and difficult, but you are the business owner here.

Your reputation is your brand.

3 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 10:34am On Feb 24, 2022
FutureFocus:

Truly I never checked, I just gave her tabs to chose from
Instead of refunding her completing which I know is difficult given the economy...

If you have a similar tab that does YouTube well, retrieve the one she has with her and give her that. It's simple and that way even if you lose money assuming the new tab is priced higher it would negligible compared to a full refund.

6 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by prophetwis: 10:40am On Feb 24, 2022
I cannot imagine my wife disgracing herself online in the name of proving that she was"right".
I got a kids tab for my son from the US(Amazon Fire),knowing fully well that though it runs on an android version,it does not support "playstore" therefore cannot run the Youtube app unless you stream directly from the browser.

When my little son started dragging the Tab with his brother, I saw this seller's advert here and decided to get a used Amazon fire from him for the little man knowing fully well the limitations,when I met him,he brought all the tabs he had and I went through all and selected the ones I needed-One Amazon and One Huawei- When I got home the Amazon has issues with charging and I returned it and he replaced it and due to the version of the Huawei,it does not support the current updates on the Youtube app, so you can only stream youtube from the browser.The tabs he sells are second hand and older versions and you do not expect same functionality with the newer versions at such prices.

The man is nothing near a scammer ,this is just a little misunderstanding that the two of them could have handled outside this forum if they were matured .
mrsdaniel:

God bless you dear ...

12 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Poopypants: 10:46am On Feb 24, 2022
Whenever this issue is finally resolved, someone tag me if you wish, I’m off this discussion, but to seller , I’ll keep on calling you out as a scam , on this website and on other forums , I’ll make a post on Reddit , Facebook, Quora, twitter, I’ll splatter your name on the internet to the best of what I can do. I’ll make sure a google search on your number, name or account number brings up my post calling you out as fraudulent and a liar, that name you claim to care so much about I’ll do my best to bring even a little dent to it , since a resolution isn’t coming . I’m off from all this. And yes , I’m starting today.

1 Like

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 50d33q: 10:46am On Feb 24, 2022
Poopypants:
read up the meaning of scam . You can decide to meet face 2 face and still be scammed. Scam generally means a dishonest deal, seller deliberately was being dishonest in all this by withholding information. Most Nigerian sellers do that, they know you are a novice and simply give you options to choose from cos they hope you know nothing about what you are choosing . Granted buyer should have done her research, but understand this, this was a woman hoping to buy the best for her kids and hoping the seller will carry her along in his products , seller knew this and took advantage of that , and is now here online bantering words with that same buyer because she feels cheated . Buyer feels she was scammed , a scam took place.
How was the seller not honest during the first transaction?
Did the woman mentioned anything like YouTube app on the first day?
Did he hold out any information about the gadgets

1 Like

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by FutureFocus: 10:48am On Feb 24, 2022
Trojan8:

So why did you allow this issue to escalate like this? I agree that she may of come of as rude and difficult, but you are the business owner here.

Your reputation is your brand.

It happened within a little time, she gained sympathy, I came online to see everything here, I was angry but just wanted to just pay her off, but the damage has been done and she was still insulting me, remember I’ve lost a tab and a pouch, wanted to manage to pay her even when I was not fault and she still insulting me, Who will do that? Imagine someone you are about to send money too calling you a thief , will you send it? Gathering people to call you a scammer, When it was her that selected the tabs by herself, when the ones that could stream YouTube were there, You even handed the Samsung to her, but she preferred to ruined your reputation and still doing, No! She won’t laugh on this one.

1 Like

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Poopypants: 10:49am On Feb 24, 2022
50d33q:

How was the seller not honest during the first transaction?
Did the woman mentioned anything like YouTube app on the first day?
Did he hold out any information about the gadgets
charging point not working first. YouTube not on the second one, and lastly the whole morning fresh , blood brouhaha.
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by odimbannamdi(m): 10:52am On Feb 24, 2022
Poopypants:
i went back , you must have modified your posts cos I read that last night, but nonetheless, you said she messaged you a week after the deal? You pointed out you exchanged the tab for her on the 16th? While the pic below points out she came to you privately on the 18th complaining of that YouTube thing, seller must have been aggrieved, messaged you and you chose not to resolve it privately before coming online here. You had two options there after her chat, tell her outright why you won’t entertain her requests anymore since a deal done is a deal done, or tell her to return your tab and get a refund, you personally chose option 2, no one forced you to, you started the whole refund thing, seller went ballistic and made it public after no solution was coming forth and that very moment you still were promising a refund, with the whole Motherless babies shenanigans, and the very moment seller finally agreed to that you made a full 360. 18th of February isn’t a week after you guy’s deal.

He did say the emboldened. I read it as well. I am just disappointed with the way he lies and evades questions. It is more like an insult on our intelligence.

10 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by FutureFocus: 10:52am On Feb 24, 2022
404Dev:

Instead of refunding her completing which I know is difficult given the economy...

If you have a similar tab that does YouTube well, retrieve the one she has with her and give her that. It's simple and that way even if you lose money assuming the new tab is priced higher it would negligible compared to a full refund.

Give me a reason to encourage her behavior?
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 50d33q: 10:54am On Feb 24, 2022
Poopypants:
charging point not working first. YouTube not on the second one, and lastly the whole morning fresh , blood brouhaha.
The one of the charging port was changed with another tab since he didn't know, the YouTube was after the first transaction then the morning fresh is just stupidity on the seller
Is this how you concluded he a scammer

1 Like

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by ambient: 10:54am On Feb 24, 2022
FutureFocus:

And did you pay? It’s delivery money, I would have sent a rider but I couldn’t because you wanted too see them so you could make your choice, but at the end what?

Again stop relying solely on your husband to cough out every penny, running around will also help you shed serious weight, excessive weight is not good for your health , if you shed some weight, you will be able to walk fine, work on this and your attitude, you are still very young, it’s achievable, as for me, I’ve learnt my lesson

So you actually thought your wife is healthy...lol suffering and walking up and down is being healthy....hahaha oh chimmooo.as I said wait for your transport money at home she never hustle finish

And yes I paid for your transport boy

25 +initial 19 is 44
Plus your transport 1
Total 45

4 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2022
FutureFocus:

Give me a reason to encourage her behavior?
It's up to you really.

Right from the onset, lots of peeps have contributed and advised you on ways to settle this but your insistence on towing this path is your decision and it's you who would live with the benefits or consequences if any.

The buyer has nothing to lose except maybe the money she's already paid you, heck she can resale the tabs to recover her money.

But you, you have everything to lose or should I say protect.

You are potentially removing future food from your table without even realising it.

And no, this is not the buyer or anyone doing you dirty. It's all you, cos if you wanted to, you would have resolved this already.

13 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by FutureFocus: 10:58am On Feb 24, 2022
ambient:

You came with a Samsung phone in a purple pouch with stain in the middle,you reach your house and is showing a good Samsung that is you had it in mind to give me nonsense,why didn't you come with this

Pls see the purple tab close to his hand

Manipulator , that’s the Samsung I gave you , like I said, I put it in that pouch because you said your kids are boys, you rejected it, remember you said it’s a strong tab but your preferred that Asus over it , the Asus you later returned after doing some damages to it
Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Onyeka90210(m): 11:01am On Feb 24, 2022
FutureFocus:

At this point , she has never talk about YouTube at all, the exchange was made on the 16th

And then , the Asus tab never have a charging problem, she returned it because she broke it.
She didn’t pick the Samsung also, that was the actual tab I gave her, that can stream YouTube even though she never mentioned that at that stage
I don't know how the return was done, but I'm sure no seller will collect back a damaged item(crack) that wasn't in the same state you sold it,
I still think the resolution to this would be to take back asus tab with your own charger and let her bring hers and both test it out, this should have done at the point of return. If it works give it back to her.
From a sellers point of view, you didn't handle the return properly. (If you had tested out the charger in front of her, which you claimed to be working, all these won't happen, except the port was really faulty)
Well, you just started selling December last year, you still have a lot to learn I guess, just take this as a lesson.

10 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by ambient: 11:11am On Feb 24, 2022
prophetwis:
I cannot imagine my wife disgracing herself online in the name of proving that she was"right".
I got a kids tab for my son from the US(Amazon Fire),knowing fully well that though it runs on an android version,it does not support "playstore" therefore cannot run the Youtube app unless you stream directly from the browser.

When my little son started dragging the Tab with his brother, I saw this seller's advert here and decided to get a used Amazon fire from him for the little man knowing fully well the limitations,when I met him,he brought all the tabs he had and I went through all and selected the ones I needed-One Amazon and One Huawei- When I got home the Amazon has issues with charging and I returned it and he replaced it and due to the version of the Huawei,it does not support the current updates on the Youtube app, so you can only stream youtube from the browser.The tabs he sells are second hand and older versions and you do not expect same functionality with the newer versions at such prices.

The man is nothing near a scammer ,this is just a little misunderstanding that the two of them could have handled outside this forum if they were matured .

Hello sir,I am not disgracing myself or my husband,you knew the limitations of what you wanted to buy,I did not,that was why I was saying YouTube YouTube when we met.your wife might be subdue from speaking out for fear of disgrace I would go to the mountain and back just to proof I am right and just,it doesn't make me or your wife a bad person we just have different characters.

You have in no way told him to stop,I left this topic yesterday but he keeps bringing it back,so far he keeps trying to lie I will always be here to say the truth.thankyou.

16 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by hopefulLandlord: 11:22am On Feb 24, 2022
50d33q:
honestly if I am the one you go around tagging my number as scam I will make sure I haunt you down where ever the hole you are in, you don't just go around tagging someone scam with no proof.

I have no horse in this race but reading this part makes me want to tag your number scam and see if you'd keep your word by "haunting" me down. Or shall we set the ball Rolling?

10 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Foxie: 11:23am On Feb 24, 2022
Juliearth:

This is one problem we have in this country. We are too quick to brandish our fellow men names and commit them to mother earth over issues that are not it. The ALUU 4 massacre comes to mind this time. Can these lots brandishing this seller a scam maintain same energy in calling our leaders who have been scamming us nonstop for years scam?

We tend to have a flawed sense of reasoning and judgement and that is why every and any di*k and harry can buy our hearts and our votes. Such a shame. Tagging someone a scammer because business deal got sour and both parties would not sheath their swords Is this not tantamount to witchcraft. If Jesus was to come in this generation, he would not achieve age 30. He probably would be killed before he attains age 15.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel bad they're trying to tarnish the man's image. He's not a small boy. He's a little advanced In age. The day I met him, I felt bad for this country, such a hard working man, shouldn't be doing such a strenuous job. But it's well. He's someone who is just trying to cater for his family. I'm not in anyway trying to garner pity for him, but it is what it is.

11 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 24, 2022
kelvin1191:

I wanted to come into this matter but she called me a supporter and someone asked her to continue ranting. You can't spoil the man's reputation and still ask for settlement. Let her continue. In fact, she is doing well!

This ambient woman is a trouble maker. Very mannerless approach

17 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by drunkpunk(m): 11:24am On Feb 24, 2022
prophetwis:

Thank you o! And one person here was calling me a teenager. I no even get that one time. Ignoring the people who have over derailed the thread since the history of this thread. If them like make them settle, if them like make them continue to dey drag, na observe most of us go dey observe.

2 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Maximatic(m): 11:24am On Feb 24, 2022
Clean Awuuf deal❗❗❗ 11 pro max 64GB Factory Unlocked FID TT 300k DM

1 Like

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 24, 2022
Well spoken

Kaymax2222:
you lots are all out to spoil this guys reputation, I must confess. Do you guys think it is easy to just refund someone back money after the person has tarnished the sellers image. As much as the buyer is aggrieved the seller is too because he is a human. And the truth of the matter is in business you can't satisfy all your customers that's a fact. The lady has already done the worst thing to him already to me, by getting enough sympathy from you lot to help soil his name. She already had this all planned from the beginning from her own statement self. @futurefocus just let it slide pls, I understand your pain is not easy for one to build a rep and someone will just spoil it cos of something this petty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 24, 2022
Just look at how this woman attackes whoever has a different opinion. Must you be supported

ambient:

If you can quote where I said I will tanish his image from the start I will transfer 10k to you this night if not you are just a fool**h ba*t*Rd.thank you.

5 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by FutureFocus: 11:26am On Feb 24, 2022
Onyeka90210:

I don't know how the return was done, but I'm sure no seller will collect back a damaged item, that wasn't in the same state you sold it,
I still think the resolution to this would be to take back asus tab with your own charger and let her bring hers and both test it out, this should have done at the point of return. If it works give it back to her.
From a sellers point of view, you didn't handle the return properly.

I agreed, I shouldn’t have collected that back in the first place, I was just trying to avoid this kind of drama as she was making the threats.

2 Likes

Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by redgem(f): 11:28am On Feb 24, 2022
FutureFocus:

So, if you claim to be a tech guru on gadgets and I give you options to choose from, I’m a scammer?
Your brain is leaking

Wow!!! Just what a WOW!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3435) (3436) (3437) (3438) (3439) (3440) (3441) ... (6249) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: uctomide(m), OluomoZaria, dicksonadams(m), ProjectsCityNG, jonzingcaesar(m), hollakay, emeraldlife, hapheeyxz, walyx(m), ozoneamani02(m), OfficialHommy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.