Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home (8458 Views)

Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time / Women Submit To Ur Husband For Happy Marriage / "Cheating Is Okay If Your Home Is Okay" - Nigerian Man Advises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by bamisepeters(m): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2017
Relationship and religion might have one or two things together, however, we must not make religion get into our head and deceive us that it is from that same home of worship we will get the best partner.

Don't be deceived that our religious leader knows someone very well to the point of prescribing a partner to you.
The only thing you need from any religious leader is the counselling and their prayers.

I think the world has gotten to a stage where no one can even vouch for another because the rate of pretence when we talk about relationship is very high.

Don't be deceived, that the brother is very nice to everyone or the sister is very beautiful, intelligent and respectful will culminate to a good home if you can have him/her as partner.

I am not saying you cannot get your life partner in your place of worship nor that when you get your partner in your place of worship will not guarantee good home.

All i am saying is that you shouldn't let a man of God use his/her influence to force someone on you.

Even those married to some of this religious leaders can tell you what they are going through with the choice of their own partner let alone them forcing one on you.

Living with someone doesn't mean you know that person completely let alone seeing that person once or twice in a week.

Only those in marriage can share the beautiful and ugly experiences to you.
I have seen some homes that started from the same place of worship but it is new war each day.

Religious leaders shouldn't get themselves involved in the beginning of any relationship because the definition of human is beyond the appearance.

If you fall in love with someone in the same place of worship; fine, if not, just look somewhere else instead of allowing a man of God to tell you this brother/sister will be the best for you.

Don't forget that you will face the sweet and bitter experience alone when the religious leader might be tearing chicken in his/her house.

At times, they are right with their prescription, of course, it is 50-50 chances, but don't ever conclude that getting a partner in the same place of worship or a partner prescribed by a religious leader will guarantee a happy home.

Use your head my brothers and sisters, you can make great decisions on your own when you believe in yourself, be prayerful too the prayer you say to your God can also be acceptable to your creator.

Source: http://bamisepeters..com.ng/2017/01/finding-your-partner-in-religious-home.html

9 Likes

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by transfer101: 10:22am On Jan 28, 2017

1 Like

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by Damilare5882(m): 10:22am On Jan 28, 2017
Poster above me you be thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by JustAwesome: 10:22am On Jan 28, 2017
F
The two posters above are thieves

1 Like

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by information1: 10:23am On Jan 28, 2017
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by jejemanito: 10:23am On Jan 28, 2017
No matter what she fronts make sure you take time to know the Hoe-Story wink

10 Likes

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by eleojo23: 10:23am On Jan 28, 2017
Everyone has flaws no matter how religious.
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 28, 2017
On point
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by Lasskeey: 10:26am On Jan 28, 2017
grin....
Yes wooooooooo !!! grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by Vaxt(m): 10:26am On Jan 28, 2017
Tell Nigerians Ooo, pastors worshippers, my pastor say this my pastor say that god of ur pastors hmmm naija there is only 1 supreme God, God almighty JESUS.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by adedayoa2(f): 10:26am On Jan 28, 2017
Because s/he is religious doesn't make anyone a good person.

7 Likes

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by HelenBee(f): 10:27am On Jan 28, 2017
Yes...that's so true. Especially kids that have spiricoco parents...when they start mingling with 'friends' you start to wonder if they were adopted by their parents.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by hemucology(m): 10:27am On Jan 28, 2017
grin grin

cool
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by dumodust(m): 10:28am On Jan 28, 2017
People know this already... and again... why is this post instantly on the front page?
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by omojeesu(m): 10:29am On Jan 28, 2017
Very true. But in theory it should at least reduce conflict areas by 1.
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by Horlufemi(m): 10:29am On Jan 28, 2017
This isn't news
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by DirtyGold: 10:29am On Jan 28, 2017
What's the op talking about?
Please, fall in love with a person's personality that reflects a wholesome home background and when that background is a healthy religious one, the more ideal.
I'll choose that scenario 99 times to picking a good person in a strip club for marriage.

What's tha business?

3 Likes

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by Gbengjoe: 10:30am On Jan 28, 2017
Na so oooo!!!!
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by omonla10(m): 10:30am On Jan 28, 2017
Marriage should be based on love and compatibility. Why should u visit ur pastor/co-sinner to confirm the authenticity of ur love. These people have done more harm than good.. I have seen someone still single at 39 all because the pastor didn't see a good end to her previous relationships..

Please leave marriage for love, compatibility and ability to withstand each other .. God will perfect the rest..

3 Likes

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by pweshboi(m): 10:30am On Jan 28, 2017
very true... nice write up.
"Don't be deceived, that the brother is very nice to everyone or the sister is very beautiful, intelligent and respectful will culminate to a good home if you can have him/her as partner."
IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE HEIGHT OF DECEIT AND DECEPTION GO TO CHURCHES WHERE 90% OF THE YOUNG LADIES THERE ARE LOOKING FOR HUSBAND... you will think they are holier than the Holy Spirit ni

1 Like

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by omooba969(m): 10:31am On Jan 28, 2017
More importantly make sure you discover (not know) your inlaws whether they are good, honest, god-fearing & reliable people. Ascertain that they approve of you as this factors will inform your decision-making.

As for the intending couple, true love with effective communication will help & DON'T FORGET that tolerance is the watchword.

My 2kobo. cool
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by thesicilian: 10:31am On Jan 28, 2017
Neither does finding your partner in a clubhouse. But the religious home is still better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by MARYchiells(f): 10:31am On Jan 28, 2017
True talk, a relative of mine is a victim. He left his long time babe for a sister in christ. See wahala in less than two years, wife turn to knife. Intact, they are living separately now.
The wife's family don beg tire but fear no gree him bring her back yet.

3 Likes

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by petkoffdrake2(m): 10:33am On Jan 28, 2017
OK...

Check my signature
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by Olubukola16(f): 10:34am On Jan 28, 2017
Sure!
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by ndcide(m): 10:35am On Jan 28, 2017
bamisepeters:

Relationship and religion might have one or two things together, however, we must not make religion get into our head and deceive us that it is from that same home of worship we will get the best partner.

Don't be deceived that our religious leader knows someone very well to the point of prescribing a partner to you.
The only thing you need from any religious leader is the counselling and their prayers.

I think the world has gotten to a stage where no one can even vouch for another because the rate of pretence when we talk about relationship is very high.

Don't be deceived, that the brother is very nice to everyone or the sister is very beautiful, intelligent and respectful will culminate to a good home if you can have him/her as partner.

I am not saying you cannot get your life partner in your place of worship nor that when you get your partner in your place of worship will not guarantee good home.

All i am saying is that you shouldn't let a man of God use his/her influence to force someone on you.

Even those married to some of this religious leaders can tell you what they are going through with the choice of their own partner let alone them forcing one on you.

Living with someone doesn't mean you know that person completely let alone seeing that person once or twice in a week.

Only those in marriage can share the beautiful and ugly experiences to you.
I have seen some homes that started from the same place of worship but it is new war each day.

Religious leaders shouldn't get themselves involved in the beginning of any relationship because the definition of human is beyond the appearance.

If you fall in love with someone in the same place of worship; fine, if not, just look somewhere else instead of allowing a man of God to tell you this brother/sister will be the best for you.

Don't forget that you will face the sweet and bitter experience alone when the religious leader might be tearing chicken in his/her house.

At times, they are right with their prescription, of course, it is 50-50 chances, but don't ever conclude that getting a partner in the same place of worship or a partner prescribed by a religious leader will guarantee a happy home.

Use your head my brothers and sisters, you can make great decisions on your own when you believe in yourself, be prayerful too the prayer you say to your God can also be acceptable to your creator.

Source: http://bamisepeters..com.ng/2017/01/finding-your-partner-in-religious-home.html

I agree 100%

But should we go to a night club or other lousy places?

One thing I know and I believe is what the Bible says.

"The steps of a good man, is ordered by God "

Why don't we just have faith in God. Have our understanding not failed enough?

1 Like

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by Okeikpu(m): 10:36am On Jan 28, 2017
Who wan get married sef
My friend that got married last 2yrs was chased away wt a knife by hs wife last month
When he came down to Nigeria last November
Simply bcox he collected her phone for some reasons
He ran bk to Santorini after spending only few days at home wt her
Despite all the gifts he showered on her all those yrs abroad
I dey fear oo
He's now in a very difficult mood all ds period

2 Likes

Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by Kenkeye: 10:38am On Jan 28, 2017
omojeesu:
Very true. But in theory it should at least reduce conflict areas by 1.

God bless you
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by bennyann: 10:38am On Jan 28, 2017
If God can be blamed for creating Eve for Adam, na man of God abi pastor go con qualify to choose life partners? undecided

There's a truth in the OP

We watch out for content not the container and definitely not where the container is found.
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by Olubukola16(f): 10:40am On Jan 28, 2017
Sure! Just as finding a partner on the social media or at an unexpected place does not guarantee an unhappy home. All that matters is your attitude as well as morals.
Re: Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 28, 2017
Why would religion even be a factor

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inflatable Baby Sofa for 15k / My Cousin Found Out That Her Husband Has Been Taking Sex Enhancement Drugs / I Think Someone Is Sexually Abusing Her. Is It Wise To Tell Her Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.