Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,859 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused (13290 Views)

Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? / Should I Accept This Police Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by DAVE41(m): 7:29am On Jan 29, 2017
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by Soljaboi44(m): 7:31am On Jan 29, 2017
Omo.. Na work sure pass o
u fit go back to school after u start working

2 Likes

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 29, 2017
Young man,you're not in a dilema,you only lack wisdom to make decisons.You said you don't have money for your msc and you have a job offer,right?If you decide to go for your msc,will you steal to pay your fees and other things?

Secondly,you have an option of defering your admission,why don't you defer it,work for a year or two,gather some money and get back to school.That's just your only solution!Except you're dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by pressplay411(m): 7:37am On Jan 29, 2017
Why are you running the MSc? Is it not to get a job? Who says you can't be working and running the MSc concurrently?

2 Likes

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by fashrola(m): 7:38am On Jan 29, 2017
An HSE officer in a seismic company? Wow!!! This is an incredible offer cos I know how much HSE officers in a maritime company earns... especially if you have NEBOSH certification and other safety certificate.. Cos currently an HSE Manager in my company earns close to 480k in a month and also he's in charge for handling budget in his department (Like Coveralls Supplies, LSFA equipment, Fumigation on ships, Safety Courses (HUET) application for seafarers) and that's more SideMoney grin for him)

If I dey ur shoes bros.... I'll take the job because It will help boost your career in HSE field, Because in HSE field you do not need Msc certificate to excel, Professional certificate is the key!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 29, 2017
For the sake of your family, please take the job...if not poverty go kill you...
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by pricipal2003(m): 7:39am On Jan 29, 2017
I suggest u take the job for now. School will always be there for you, but the job? NOT EXACTLY SURE.

1 Like

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by greggng: 7:44am On Jan 29, 2017
rodDICK:

nice thought. I guess I will get any info about the pay and job security on Monday. about whether I will have more advantage after my MSc, I definitely will. I will be more qualified in the HSE field after my MSc even if I do currently have some professional qualification.

that's the reason why it is a difficult decision to make.

If I were u I will bone the job and take the msc. Find a way to visit the governor of your state and appeal to him for help for that programme. Let him know how useful your education will be to the state and nation at large. Even in nairaland here there re so many cheerful giver who can fund your msc. To me education first before anything. Going to school at old age is stressful.
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by soath(m): 8:01am On Jan 29, 2017
Start a job
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by luminouz(m): 8:04am On Jan 29, 2017
cc150615:

OP, you sound like you already have an idea of what you want to do....now you appear not even too buoyant to run dt Msc so your best bet would be AFTER you have received your offer letter, defer your Msc admission for a year, dt way even if the job wasn't as sweet as you want you can manage it for a year nd if you're so tired of the job by then you'd have saved up some money wic you can now use for the Msc but if the job turned out good you fire on. Now that's how to eat your cake and have it.
And may I tell you that in the industrial world, experience always covers up for all that whatever you think the Msc would add to your worth. You'll thank me later.
I'm passionate to see you succeed.
So u are not passionate to see Me succeed eh? undecided
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by Tobitrueman(m): 8:06am On Jan 29, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

You must be the dumbest person on earth to be asking that type of question

Continue with school, the job will wait for you

Ain't you tired of begging your parents for money ??

Education is a waste of Money, time and energy

I never went to the university

I stopped at SS3, took WAEC and got 7 A's

All my friends and the people i know went to the university

Only me and 5 of my classmates went into business and we were the talk of the town, people were calling us stupid, dumb and useless

7 years later, 6 of us got so rich that we can buy and feed the whole town for 100 years

We send money to those guys that went to the university

Name a wealthy person and tell me the university they went to

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by roeb1987(m): 8:07am On Jan 29, 2017
i will advice u to go for the job provided the take home of the job suit u, above all ask for God's intervention through ur clergy man
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by lawalosky(m): 8:10am On Jan 29, 2017
By 6 o'clock in the monday morning be the first person in the office!!! The company might gave you a room to continue your MSc later in future... But lukin @ the situation at hand in the country go for the job raise more money for ur MSc... Gudluck
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by nkemjacob2(m): 8:13am On Jan 29, 2017
school now na no sense for Nigeria ooooo. be wise
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by KaizenO(m): 8:14am On Jan 29, 2017
In my opinion, you should accept the job so you don’t regret rejecting the offer in future when you complete your masters and are unable to find a job that is as good post-MSc. (good jobs are really hard to find, masters or no masters). Remember that amassing qualifications without having a job is not worth it

You can defer the MSc for one year and see whether you are able to combine your job with the MSc once you become familiar with the routine of your new job. If you are unable to combine full time work with the full time masters, then you can complete the same masters as a part time students or apply to do the same masters via distance / online leaning format with a foreign University.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by VikkiOre(f): 8:15am On Jan 29, 2017
I think you should take the job, you can continue your school anytime
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 29, 2017
rodDICK:

thanks bro. what u have said makes sense
am glad you"re listening and taking the advice! I mean, how could you have been considering "Job" and "M.Sc"; whe I opened thhe thread I was thinking you'd be like M.Sc abroad sef make we begin consider the dilemma; but M.sc 4 naija, you can always get it anytime you want! Na your money e go take! Please go 4 the job abeg!

1 Like

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by virginboy1(m): 8:24am On Jan 29, 2017
Go for the job,save some money and apply for any distance learning programme or part time.

I faced similar dilemma some years ago, but now I am still gaining experience in d job, saving money and currently in 300l in a distance learning programme. its a win win
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by Folarzboy(m): 8:26am On Jan 29, 2017
brokenplate:
Enemies of progress everywhere... Smh

Bro turn down the offer and continue with the M.Sc

In this recession you need a good degree not a good job.

Shey na d degree E go Eat

1 Like

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by blessedqueen(f): 8:43am On Jan 29, 2017
rodDICK:

why do u advice this?

So u didn't get d sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by Asey(f): 8:46am On Jan 29, 2017
i was in that situation and i know someone who was in same situation.

i would advice you go for the job and later on apply for a masters program which runs evening or weekend schools.

or better still,u cld enquire from this very school if they run evening and weekend sessions.

my opinion though

1 Like

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by Maj196(m): 8:48am On Jan 29, 2017
I'll rate dem based on preference. U choose School = 20% Job = 80% Afterall we go to school to get jobs in d future. Be wise

1 Like

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by Maj196(m): 8:48am On Jan 29, 2017
I'll rate dem based on preference. U choose School = 20% Job = 80% Afterall we go to school to get jobs in d future. Be wise

1 Like

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by idris4r83(m): 8:55am On Jan 29, 2017
greggng:

If I were u I will bone the job and take the msc. Find a way to visit the governor of your state and appeal to him for help for that programme. Let him know how useful your education will be to the state and nation at large. Even in nairaland here there re so many cheerful giver who can fund your msc. To me education first before anything. Going to school at old age is stressful.
then he should start searching for job after Msc? Which kain mumu advice b dis? U think getting a job is as easy as getting Msc? Do u know the number of graduates roaming the streets daily in search of job even if it's a teaching job? Do u know how many people applied N-Power job? What is d importance of Msc without a job? Op abeg start your job jejely and forget one useless Msc for now cos u can always do it later.

1 Like

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by rildwanullahi(m): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2017
rodDICK:
hello nairalanders I'm in a dilemma right now and I need real advice. I do hope I get a very wise one because I haven't enough time on my clock. the mods can also help me to push this to FP because its my future at stake.
I'm in a position where I don't know whether to continue schooling - MSc, or accept a job offer.
after my BSc, I didn't want to continue on with my course of study because I realised I hadn't much passion for it, I went in to study mathematics because it came my way and at the time I couldn't say no to an admission. so after nysc, I went in to do a PGD in geography and environmental management. i already had love for the geosciences. came out with a good result that qualified me for a MSc in any of the related discipline. I applied for environmental hazard management and got the admission.
at this point things became more difficult with the recession and it is clear to me that I won't be having any support. school fees has increased and the cost of running the MSc has gone high. on the other side, I've been applying for jobs as a HSE officer/manager which I have some years of experience working during the break within my programs. I just missed a job in nestoil because my guy in there didn't act fast to recommend me when there was emergency vacancy. however, because of the disappointment they have offered me a job as a HSE officer in a seismic company. they have asked me to come on Monday 30th January.
by calendar I'm suppose to start MSc lectures on the same date. I have drained my brain thinking of what to do....whether to take the job and differ my admission perhaps, or to go on with the MSc and ignore the job for now...
I know that a lot of you folks out there have been in a similar situation or you know someone who was. please your advice is needed, I don't want to make a mistake that I will regret...and I just have less than 2 days before the interviews on Monday morning.
please mods help me get this to front page. I'm depending on their advice. this is my last resort. thanks
op please please please and please take the Job, you will be surprised how much your experience will earn you, sometimes experience is equal to qualifications. Take it biko
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by hakim92(m): 9:12am On Jan 29, 2017
brokenplate:
Enemies of progress everywhere... Smh

Bro turn down the offer and continue with the M.Sc

In this recession you need a good degree not a good job.

What a sarcasm
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by Nwogeh: 9:16am On Jan 29, 2017
No sane human being will advice you to continue with the MSC because the more you read without experience the more you make ursf unemployable, you can always do Ur MSc even while u are working my brother. I forfeited a PGD program that remains only project to finish and I'm happy I did. Abeg good luck on new job.

1 Like

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by sisisioge: 9:34am On Jan 29, 2017
Biko take the job o. If you could switch to part-time or defer the msc...all good. Whatever you do, don't let that job go.
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by Macgabe(m): 9:42am On Jan 29, 2017
Am sorry to say this but it is crystal clear that you are really confuse. You said no support as regards school fees and that the cost of everything has gone up. Now God in his infinite mercy gave you an opportunity to work and earn then you are still asking if you should drop the job and go for your Msc. Let me ask, how will you manage to cope financially if you drop the job? Who will support you for school fees and other relevant expenses needed to complete your studies?
If you can differ the admission, please kindly do so and save some money for your Msc. That's my advice. Peace!!!
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by MrGreenMavro: 10:19am On Jan 29, 2017
rodDICK:
hello nairalanders I'm in a dilemma right now and I need real advice. I do hope I get a very wise one because I haven't enough time on my clock. the mods can also help me to push this to FP because its my future at stake.
I'm in a position where I don't know whether to continue schooling - MSc, or accept a job offer.
after my BSc, I didn't want to continue on with my course of study because I realised I hadn't much passion for it, I went in to study mathematics because it came my way and at the time I couldn't say no to an admission. so after nysc, I went in to do a PGD in geography and environmental management. i already had love for the geosciences. came out with a good result that qualified me for a MSc in any of the related discipline. I applied for environmental hazard management and got the admission.
at this point things became more difficult with the recession and it is clear to me that I won't be having any support. school fees has increased and the cost of running the MSc has gone high. on the other side, I've been applying for jobs as a HSE officer/manager which I have some years of experience working during the break within my programs. I just missed a job in nestoil because my guy in there didn't act fast to recommend me when there was emergency vacancy. however, because of the disappointment they have offered me a job as a HSE officer in a seismic company. they have asked me to come on Monday 30th January.
by calendar I'm suppose to start MSc lectures on the same date. I have drained my brain thinking of what to do....whether to take the job and differ my admission perhaps, or to go on with the MSc and ignore the job for now...
I know that a lot of you folks out there have been in a similar situation or you know someone who was. please your advice is needed, I don't want to make a mistake that I will regret...and I just have less than 2 days before the interviews on Monday morning.
please mods help me get this to front page. I'm depending on their advice. this is my last resort. thanks
op whch school?
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by EBRAHIMJAY(m): 10:22am On Jan 29, 2017
Accept the job offer, cos having MSc doesn't guarantee you will land a better job later. Good luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Helping Hands International Are They Real Or Scam? / FRAUD: Fake N-power Form In Circulation In Kwara (Photo) / Those That Missed The Npower Verification Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.