Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,209 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Bank Phb's "the Intern" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bank Phb's "the Intern" (2290 Views)

The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! / Help Afolabi Become The Intern / The Intern Show (Reality TV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Phb's "the Intern" by ioday(f): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2007
Hello Guys,

Just wants to know your view(s) on the topic.

I particulalry don't like what happended on the show yesterday? How can Amina(who did not contribute to the task) be left off the hook and Udokia (who brought the idea that sold off) was expelled. Mrs Maurice Jones should also take care to mid her utterances on the show.

Hoping to hear from the rest of you.
Re: Bank Phb's "the Intern" by bioye(m): 7:08pm On Jan 15, 2007
The topic is already here. Make your posts there. Then I'll respond. wink

The Intern Show (Reality TV)
Re: Bank Phb's "the Intern" by bioye(m): 7:28pm On Jan 15, 2007
Let me just respond here. I would have preferred Amina was evicted too. But I guess the Board had their reason for letting her off the hook. What reason did they give again? Did not hear it clearly.

Meanwhile, I was most impressed that each team made so much money within 4 days.

ES-TEAM = N63,930
M.O.D.E = N119, 945

Really, if you were given 20k to run a business within one week, what would you do with it?

And I like the ES-TEAM name, so ingenious.
Re: Bank Phb's "the Intern" by Bizl4Rizl(m): 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2007
The show has an interesting concept, modeled after the apprentice and one other show like that (cant remember the name).
Well, I dont know where to start from, but hey lets go,

*Generally, the direction and production are of low standard but i will let that pass

* Maurice-Jones (aka Maurice 'hyphen' Jones) - Simply put, Anne Robinson wannabe. I hate her faked clipped British accent, her dressing and her 'put 'em down' speeches.

*The boss aint that impressive, wish he had stayed in the background

*The contestants - well, no real beef towards them. Young talented Nigerians, who want to succeed in life. No harm in that.

*I was impressed with their first tasks - N20,000 to work with for 1 week
Throughout the one week (as shown on tv), i thought that the ES-TEAM was going to win. Their strategy seemed water-tight. On the other hand the guys plan seemed a little shaky to me. But as the days unfolded, i saw they had a good plan what with the lucky dip & all but wasnt sure if they would make as much money as the girls.

At the board meeting, I was feeling sorry for the guys until they announced their figures. And I was like WHOA! They nearly doubled the girls' sales & i liked the final part about the left over buckets that they took back & sold to those they bought it from (i dont know how they did that in Nigeria of today).

bioye:

Let me just respond here. I would have preferred Amina was evicted too. But I guess the Board had their reason for letting her off the hook. What reason did they give again? Did not hear it clearly.

Meanwhile, I was most impressed that each team made so much money within 4 days.

ES-TEAM = N63,930
M.O.D.E = N119, 945

Really, if you were given 20k to run a business within one week, what would you do with it?

And I like the ES-TEAM name, so ingenious.

@bioye
The profits they made were really interesting but quite unreal. A lot of the success they had in that short period of time (1 week) was due to the fact they mentioned the name of the show, the fact they were on it, pleading with customers to help them buying their products (the girls were especially guilty of this). In real life, i doubt if that would be possible.
I frankly thought Amina was going to be evicted but it wasn't so, thats how the game is.
Re: Bank Phb's "the Intern" by ioday(f): 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2007
bioye:

The topic is already here. Make your posts there. Then I'll respond. wink

The Intern Show (Reality TV)

Cant find the topic
bioye:

Mrs High and mighty Maurice-Jones was asked to let somebody off the hook and Voila! she chose Amina simply becasue Ogechi said "sex cells" i.e. they can approach anybody and speak to them without being called-off. But Mrs High and Faulting Maurice Jones said (or rather thought) that she means SEX as in S-E-X.
Re: Bank Phb's "the Intern" by naijagal(f): 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2007
i think its obvious to all dat "maurice jones" is just acting and she is over doing it self.
dont know why she seemed 2 have it in 4 da gals
and her hair & make up, DREADFUL tongue tongue tongue

i also thought amina was a gonner but guess they wanted 2 put a twist 2 da show
and maybe they did not want to discriminate against someone who was "sick"!

the BOSS was a dissapointment 2 me too, he should ahve stayed in da backgound till much later in da show
i aint convinced he is da real BOSS undecided
Re: Bank Phb's "the Intern" by McDreamy: 2:07pm On Jan 17, 2007
I like the show too but it has it has its faults, the contestants are OK, Maurice-Jones is awful & the boss is unimpressive and unconvincing.
Re: Bank Phb's "the Intern" by saddik(m): 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2007
pls some body help me with the names of the contestants in the show, sad
Re: Bank Phb's "the Intern" by bioye(m): 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2007
Re: Bank Phb's "the Intern" by GoToMan(m): 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2007
The Intern show isn't too bad and I tend to agree with the previous views on the production, direction, The Boss and Mrs Maurice"hyphen"Jones.

The M.O.D.E. team have actually impressed I must say and the ES-TEAM have a mole called Amina. If she doesn't get fired I will believe there is a bias on the "board".

I must say, I expected more from Charles O'Tudor, being himself would have done the show a whole lot of good. It's a reality show! He doesn't have to play he's Trump or someone else.

I hope the two teams will be mixed up in the next task because the adrenaline of the battle of the sexes has definitely worn off.
Re: Bank Phb's "the Intern" by teeno2006(f): 6:46pm On Jan 25, 2007
the intern show is quite unique cos its far from the usual entertainment stuff we normally see.more of professionalism injected.hope they'll do better in subsequent ones.i salute their effort. as for maurice-jones,i think she's trying to appear mean and principled and she's almost overdoing it.shd be a little bit flexible and once in a while give us that act.that wd make her most unpredictable and the show exciting.
        afolabi,is a man to watch out for! very smart guy,he is,amongst the MODE.for the ESTEAM,ogechi has portrayed some level of smartness too.kudos to them all !!!
Re: Bank Phb's "the Intern" by badesemowo(m): 7:22pm On Jan 25, 2007
Hi, just to let you guys know that there is a longer thread here on the same topic,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-12933.128.html

I love the show.
Re: Bank Phb's "the Intern" by Seun(m): 1:59pm On Jan 27, 2007
Everybody loves the Interns. I don't believe it! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Dagrins Movie Ghetto Dreamz / Top Ten Nollywood Comic Actors / Movie Review: Straight Outta Compton (film)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.