Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound (1597 Views)

Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos) / Two Birds Fought To Death In My Compound Early This Morning, PHOTO / Bomb Scare At Diamond Bank In Jos As Bomb Is Suspected To Be In Car Parked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by thefunclubenterprise(m): 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2017
Good evening nairaland,

I don't know if this is the right section to post this, if not, mods pls do the needful.

I was relaxing indoors with my car parked at the front of my house, when i looked out the window, I noticed a car parked side by side with my car. I kept looking as it was unusual, 5 minutes went by, and this car was just there on the road parked by my side. So I became frightened, could it be one of those car thieves whose videos have been going around the net? Could he be surveying my car for a possible auto theft. Immediately I called my staff to go downstairs and check what's happening without confronting who is in the car because of security reasons. He left and didn't come back, I became more worried, so I put on a shirt, and went myself, before I could climb downstairs I heard a bang, immediately I ran out only to see my staff exchanging words with the person in the car.
A closer look revealed he had hit my car from the side, brushing off the side mirror and causing a serious scratch. (see pics below). I told my staff to stop talking, I bent down and asked the man to please come down he has hit my car, and he replied "please leave me alone", then rest his back into a sleeping position. At this moment I knew he was drunk, due to the stench of alcohol from his breath. I then said oga you are drunk please come out. He obviously couldn't come out through the drivers door as it was now side by side with my car. He didn't answer me but instead made a move to drive the car. The car didn't start, this is because the gear was on " D" when he turned it off, immediately I opened the passenger door, and took the keys. I did this to ensure he doesn't continue driving in this state and he doesn't run away.

By this time, boys around the area started gathering, and I told them to let him be, no one should beat him, he was totally drunk, he just kept sleeping there. Many tried starting a conversation with him, none was successful, as he didn't know what he was saying. We were able to grab some words however.

1. He is a staff of zenith bank, he kept boasting of how he is a literate and a bank staff. (obviously he is a driver).

2. He isn't from this area, he kept saying if we knew him in this area, we wouldn't have hit him with out car. Lol, a parked car by the side of the road.

I really don't know what to do, I have asked my staff to give him cold water and monitor him till he comes back to his sense and can call his boss or something.

It's getting late, and I am getting worried as he could be robbed if i leave him outside.

If you are a staff of zenith or you know this man, please come to the scene immediately or call necessary persons to come take him away and fix my damaged car.

We are at 77 Goodwill Street, Off College Road, Ekehwan Road. Benin city.

My number 07035838151
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2017
angry

Why are you wicked?

You don sack this man for this recession....

Zenith as a brand jokes not with reputational risks..
But you are a zombie to think Zenith Bank will repair whatever damage caused at her staff's instance.

Was it an official car he was driving, why keep over-flogging his place of work if your intent isn't malicious.

Anyways
You sound like a big man with staff and area boys at your beck and call.

Keep advertising your address and residence, those Edo fine-boys might just come pay you a visit soon.
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by thefunclubenterprise(m): 9:32pm On Jan 28, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
angry

Why are you wicked?

But you are a zombie to think Zenith Bank will repair whatever damage caused at her staff's instance

I will not insult you sir, thank you.
First I'm not hungry, if they won't fix the car, fine.

My main reason of doing this is for his own safety. As he is totally wasted! What would you have me do with him?? Allow him go like this? Or pretend nothing happened. We have been here for 3 hours now.
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by thefunclubenterprise(m): 9:35pm On Jan 28, 2017
I pity zenith if these are the kind of staffs they employ, and if I cause his sack. I'm sure I might have saved a kid that may be walking on the side walks tomorrow. Not everyone is fit to drive a car

1 Like

Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
thefunclubenterprise:

If you are a staff of zenith or you know this man, please come to the scene immediately or call necessary persons to come take him away and fix my damaged car

I will not insult you sir, thank you.
First I'm not hungry, if they won't fix the car, fine.

My main reason of doing this is for his own safety. As he is totally wasted! What would you have me do with him?? Allow him go like this? Or pretend nothing happened. We have been here for 3 hours now.

Good Samaritan,
You and your staff are keeping an incapacitated man hostage, and the ransome is for your car to be fixed. That is against the law sir.

If you care so much about that man's welfare, Zenith bank has a branch on Ekenwan road Benin City, ask your staff to drop him off with the security guards there until he is sober (he is safest there)...then go fix your car and count your losses.

Ask yourself who all these people whose monies are hanging on MMM have held hostage.

Then next time, do not pack on the road..always pack inside a compound...or there'd be more of this.
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by thefunclubenterprise(m): 9:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
angry

Why are you wicked?

But you are a zombie to think Zenith Bank will repair whatever damage caused at her staff's instance.

Was it an official car he was driving, why keep over-flogging his place of work if your intent isn't malicious.

Anyways
You sound like a big man with staff and area boys at your beck and call.

Keep advertising your address and residence, those Edo fine-boys might just come pay you a visit soon.

Like I said earlier, I won't insult you.
Nigerians and this big man talk, even a kiosk owner has a staff, and more over if you live Right in a good neighbourhood, you don't need to have "area boys" at your beck and call when they notice someone ran into your car in front of your house.

As for my address, If you want to be the first to come and visit, the address is there, if the security man doesn't mess you up, I'm sure my dogs won't miss having you for dinner. They like your type.
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
it's only frustration that will make a man drink himself to stupor, probably his house is unsettled

1 Like

Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2017
thefunclubenterprise:

Like I said earlier, I won't insult you.
Nigerians and this big man talk, even a kiosk owner has a staff, and more over if you live Right in a good neighbourhood, you don't need to have "area boys" at your beck and call when they notice someone ran into your car in front of your house.

As for my address, If you want to be the first to come and visit, the address is there, if the security man doesn't mess you up, I'm sure my dogs won't miss having you for dinner. They like your type.
I won't mind a puppy from you if your dogs are pure-breeds....

Hope you've taken my advice and let that man go....

Just count today an unlucky day...

I was advised, if anyone hits your car, as long as your car can still move, just keep moving...take the same advice man and go prepare for Church
Tomorrow is the last Sunday in January.
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by thefunclubenterprise(m): 9:56pm On Jan 28, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:

Good Samaritan,
You and your staff are keeping an incapacitated man hostage, and the ransome is for your car to be fixed. That is against the law sir.

If you care so much about that man's welfare, Zenith bank has a branch on Ekenwan road Benin City, ask your staff to drop him off with the security guards there until he is sober (he is safest there)...then go fix your car and count your losses.

Ask yourself who all these people whose monies are hanging on MMM have held hostage.

Then next time, do not pack on the road..always pack inside a compound...or there'd be more of this.

OK, you must be an underage, so I should take him there, and what happens when the story is turned against me? Am I going to meet educated people in the bank on a Saturday night or illiterate drunkards like him too. Please be smart! If this happened on a weekday during working hours I would have since stormed their bank.

I'm sure you don't have a car, when you do, you can allow people especially drunk ones run into it daily. And please don't ask them to fix it o, big man.

Then I don't give a shit about people who put their money into ponzi and who they can hold, how does that even relate to this

Also I'm sure you don't have a house, if you do, you will know that the road isn't in front of your house, I parked by the fence of my house, which is not on the road. Or even close to the road, look at the pictures again. For your information that space where I parked is part of the land and used during the day time by a woman who sells used clothes.

If you don't have better things to say about the issue or a solution to prefer, please go and have your dinner and sleep.

Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by thefunclubenterprise(m): 10:10pm On Jan 28, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
it's only frustration that will make a man drink himself to stupor, probably his house is unsettled

You need to see how drunk he is, totally wasted! .. But is he the only one with an unsettled home? Will drinking solve his problem!
What is annoying me the most is how drunk he is! I haven't seen a man this drunk since my university days. How can a married old man drink this much and still go behind the wheels.

This car can be stolen from him, he could have killed himself, he could have killed someone, wouldn't that compound his woes in the unsettled home?

And someone who commented above is there behind his computer saying gibberish about abduction like he knows what the word means
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
You just buttressed my fears about you only caring about what happens to your car.

I proffered the best possible solution if you truly wanted to help Mr John Doe.

But no you are out for a who is right-who-is wrong tussle..

You said you were not gonna be insultive too, you couldn't help that... the Binis are reknowned for being uncouth and overly petty..

Unlike you, I won't brag about my possessions but I'd only tell you that just like the failure you are, you also failed in your forensic analysis of me.

Bragging about a house with such a dilapidated fence on Ekenwan road (of all places)...probably inherited from a maternal uncle...because if you built it yourself, your architect would have included a car porch or even a garage.

I might not be as rich as you Mr Rockefeller; but I won't risk my safety or deprive myself the comfort of being safe on bed by this time because I want to get someone to foot the bills of respraying/fixing a mere dent/scratch on my car.

Get someone to talk to Apostle Johnson Suleman for you, you might be lucky to qualify for a car gift...since you want to die because of a mere scratch.
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by thefunclubenterprise(m): 10:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
You just buttressed my fears about you only caring about what happens to your car.

I proffered the best possible solution if you truly wanted to help Mr John Doe.

But no you are out for a who is right-who-is wrong tussle..

You said you were not gonna be insultive too, you couldn't help that... the Binis are reknowned for being uncouth and overly petty..

Unlike you, I won't brag about my possessions but I'd only tell you that just like the failure you are, you also failed in your forensic analysis of me.

Bragging about a house with such a dilapidated fence on Ekenwan road (of all places)...probably inherited from a maternal uncle...because if you built it yourself, your architect would have included a car porch or even a garage.

I might not be as rich as you Mr Rockefeller; but I won't risk my safety or deprive myself the comfort of being safe on bed by this time because I want to get someone to foot the bills of respraying/fixing a mere dent/scratch on my car.

Get someone to talk to Apostle Johnson Suleman for you, you might be lucky to qualify for a car gift...since you want to die because of a mere scratch.

So you must involve tribe? May God help you!. I'm not bini, and please oga, go and sleep, your advise isn't sound enough. The man is now inside my house, he could pass the night here, but I must make sure he is dealt with by his bank, and possibly get my car fixed. Next time he will learn his lessons
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2017
Good thing you emphasized how wasted he is so you understand how medically unstable he might be at the moment.

Thanks for taking him into your house

I just hope the devil teaches you a small lesson and that intoxicated man has a heart attack and dies there.
You'd spend the rest of the year at Panti.

Then you will know that "ihe afatara n'eze anaghi e ju afo".
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by thefunclubenterprise(m): 10:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
Good thing you emphasized how wasted he is so you understand how medically unstable he might be at the moment.

Thanks for taking him into your house

I just hope the devil teaches you a small lesson and that intoxicated man has a heart attack and dies there.
You'd spend the rest of the year at Panti.

Then you will know that "ihe afatara n'eze anaghi e ju afo".

Well I'm not an illiterate like you sir, I know my rights, I have lawyers, and I have evidence, even this your chat is one. You see I'm not like you who doesn't know left from right.

He is drunk, simple, and there are simple steps to revive a drunk person, use Google.
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by thefunclubenterprise(m): 10:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
Case solved:

A certain Mrs rosemary just got off the phone with me, she is the manager of ekehwan Road branch, and has pleaded to send a security man and a driver from ekehwan Road branch to come collect the keys. And begged I should come to the bank on Monday to discuss full repair of my car.

She specifically thanked me for taking the keys, being a matured lady, she knew that was the right thing to do. There is nothing like speaking with a well learned person.

So the case is resolved, I'm awaiting the persons to come and take the drunk man and the keys out of my custody.
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:51am On Jan 29, 2017
thefunclubenterprise:

You need to see how drunk he is, totally wasted! .. But is he the only one with an unsettled home? Will drinking solve his problem!
What is annoying me the most is how drunk he is! I haven't seen a man this drunk since my university days. How can a married old man drink this much and still go behind the wheels.

This car can be stolen from him, he could have killed himself, he could have killed someone, wouldn't that compound his woes in the unsettled home?

And someone who commented above is there behind his computer saying gibberish about abduction like he knows what the word means
just imagine, then tomorrow when they sack him, he will start catching witches or when the car gets stolen, he should thank his stars he didn't fall into the wrong hands, lord knows how many times we were robbed while living at goodwill, that's why we parked out coupled with the bad roads.
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:54am On Jan 29, 2017
thefunclubenterprise:
Case solved:

A certain Mrs rosemary just got off the phone with me, she is the manager of ekehwan Road branch, and has pleaded to send a security man and a driver from ekehwan Road branch to come collect the keys. And begged I should come to the bank on Monday to discuss full repair of my car.

She specifically thanked me for taking the keys, being a matured lady, she knew that was the right thing to do. There is nothing like speaking with a well learned person.

So the case is resolved, I'm awaiting the persons to come and take the drunk man and the keys out of my custody.

now that's a relief,mean while, his carelessness just cost him his job that am sure of.
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by thefunclubenterprise(m): 8:15am On Jan 29, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

now that's a relief,mean while, his carelessness just cost him his job that am sure of.

They came carrying the keys yesterday night. Mrs rosemary also spoke to me saying she won't allow this happen again, meaning it has been happening. The said Mr driver, left a branch bank premises around 3pm, he was supposed to drop off the car at ekehwan Road branch immediately. But instead decided to visit a pub.
You need to see how ashamed the Co driver was, shouting at him saying this time madam must sack you.
I personally told her that if I come to the branch later in the week and find out he isn't sacked, I will push it more than this. He isn't fit for this kind of job.

@Goodwill trust me the area boys were already gathering him, if I wasn't there all through to put them off, they would have stolen items from the car. If not the car itself.

By the way where did you stay in Goodwill? What year did you leave? It not so rough anymore I think everyone has left, the roads are still bad anyway, and electricity reliability is next to zero.
Re: HELP! Drunk Driver Of Zenith Bank Hits My Car Parked In Front Of My Compound by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:29am On Jan 29, 2017
thefunclubenterprise:

They came carrying the keys yesterday night. Mrs rosemary also spoke to me saying she won't allow this happen again, meaning it has been happening. The said Mr driver, left a branch bank premises around 3pm, he was supposed to drop off the car at ekehwan Road branch immediately. But instead decided to visit a pub.
You need to see how ashamed the Co driver was, shouting at him saying this time madam must sack you.
I personally told her that if I come to the branch later in the week and find out he isn't sacked, I will push it more than this. He isn't fit for this kind of job.

@Goodwill trust me the area boys were already gathering him, if I wasn't there all through to put them off, they would have stolen items from the car. If not the car itself.

By the way where did you stay in Goodwill? What year did you leave? It not so rough anymore I think everyone has left, the roads are still bad anyway, and electricity reliability is next to zero.

that man sure needs deliverance, we stayed at Aduwa street,parked out 2014,although we used to have light unlike this 3 hours on and off now and also it's a lively place, although too noisy for my liking.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Cuts Girlfriend Throat:beware Of Your Relationship; Graphics Pics / Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? / How can enikanoselu family get justice ?(graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.