Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

As A Nigerian What You Must Know About The USA New Immigration Policy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / As A Nigerian What You Must Know About The USA New Immigration Policy (1041 Views)

Beware Of The Uk’s New Immigration Rules / Trump Immigration Policy Will Reduce Number Of Nigerians In Strategic Profession / Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Nigerian What You Must Know About The USA New Immigration Policy by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 30, 2017
For those caught up in the challenges of the new US regulations.....
If you are a green card holder (lawful permanent resident) outside of the U.S. please reach out to an immigration attorney before you travel back to the U.S. even if you are not for one of the seven countries. Nigerian green card holders are advised to return to base immediately until further notice.
If you do plan to travel back to the US on your green card, you should fill out a USCIS G-28 form get it from the USCIS WEB SITE, that officially appoints an attorney to represent you in immigration situations and have that completed form with you as you board your flight.
The refugee program is being halted immediately, for at least 120 days. This will mean that anyone, anywhere in the process, will not move forward.
Other info:
If you are non-citizen, even green card holders (lawful permanent residents), from one of the seven countries named, and you are ALREADY INSIDE the U.S., plan to DELAY all international travel for at least 90 days. In fact even Nigerians are strongly advised to stay put for now as Trump may be announcing a new set of terror countries and the Two of the most deadly terror groups in the World are Boko Haram and the Fulani Herdsmen so it's likely Nigeria may make the cut in future releases.
IF YOU LEAVE even on a holiday YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE DENIED RE-ENTRY.
If you are a non-citizen from one of the seven countries named, and you are OUTSIDE of the U.S., you will face issues at the airport upon attempting to re-enter the US. In fact you will not be allowed to board any plane destined for the USA anymore.
IF YOU ARE ASKED TO SIGN AN I-407 AT THE AIRPORT OR BORDER DO NOT SIGN IT, ASK FOR THE SUPERVISOR WHO HANDLES LPR ADMISSIONS. If you sign it, you will be giving up your green card.
Please keep looking for updates in the coming days to assess your travel options. If you are facing an emergency at the airport or are returning to the US in the coming days, please have this help numbers on hand (CAIR National: 202.488.8787)
Whether you are a citizen or not, do not permit law enforcement to enter your home without a warrant. Even if they have a warrant, you should consult with an attorney before speaking to them. Get copies of business cards of all law enforcement officials. [Edit: IF YOU CAN. This is not an option for many]

1 Like

Re: As A Nigerian What You Must Know About The USA New Immigration Policy by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 30, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: As A Nigerian What You Must Know About The USA New Immigration Policy by timawoku(m): 8:45am On Jan 30, 2017
Now this is getting really scary, forfeiture of green visa? My fellow Nigerians way dey obodo oyinbo for trump side abeg siddon dia, make una no try even wake pass airport...
Re: As A Nigerian What You Must Know About The USA New Immigration Policy by KINGMAKER001(m): 8:46am On Jan 30, 2017
hmmmm my folks have the green card and they re currently in Nigeria..I don't see them travelling anytime soon,especially my old man,don't see him leaving his business and rushing back to the States just because of losing his citizenship... odiegwu!
Re: As A Nigerian What You Must Know About The USA New Immigration Policy by KingyKing: 8:51am On Jan 30, 2017
Nigerians wey wan enter America,
Mistake, trumpland, you never chi chum chin.
Re: As A Nigerian What You Must Know About The USA New Immigration Policy by Successjoy(f): 12:58am On Jan 31, 2017
All hail Trump

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Uber Driver In Houston USA Returns Passenger Money / Can I Be Deported For Choosing To Switch Jobs? / Which ATM Can Be Used To Buy Duolingo Test Of English ? Or How Do I Make The Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.