Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again (2980 Views)

What Could Make A Woman Automatically Lose Interest In A Man She Once Loved / Loved Up Couples Doing It In Bank - Well Blame It On Alcohol / Strangers Bump Into Each Other And The Coincidence Has People Gushing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by charlesklaus(m): 12:58am On Jan 31, 2017
It’s interesting to think about how we make people who used to be everything into nothing again. How we learn to forget. How we force forgetting. What we put in place of them in the interim. The dynamics afterward always tell you more than what the relationship did – grief is a faster teacher than joy – but what does it mean when you cycle out to being strangers again? You never really stop knowing each other in that way. Maybe there’s no choice but to make them someone different in your mind, not the person who knew your daily anxieties and what you looked like naked and what made you cry and how much you loved them.

I believe that if you truly love someone, you will always love them; maybe in a different way than at first, but something will always be there. Or maybe it’s simply just an ache that creeps across your body upon hearing his/her name. We will never completely forget about a failed love. However, that does not mean that you won’t be happy again because you will. But, you won’t forget.

When our lives revolve around someone, they don’t just stop doing so even if all that’s left is some semblance of their memory. There are always those bits that linger. The memories that are impressed on the places you went and the things you said and the songs you listened to remain.
We all eventually find ourselves standing in the checkout line, hearing one of those songs come on and realizing that we’re revolving around them again. And maybe we never stopped.

Maybe it’s just that we’re all at the centers of our own little universes, and sometimes they overlap with other people’s, and that small bit of intersection leaves some part of it changed. The collision can wreck us, change us, shift us. Sometimes we merge into one, and other times we rescind because the comfort of losing what we thought we knew wins out.

Either way, it’s inevitable that you expand. That you’re left knowing that much more about love and what it can do, and the pain that only a hole in your heart and space in your bed and emptiness in the next chair over can bring. Whether or not that hole will ever again include the person who made it that way… I don’t know. Whether or not anybody else can match the outline of someone who was so deeply impressed in you… I don’t know that either.

We all start as strangers. The choices we make in terms of love are usually ones that seem inevitable anyway. We find people irrationally compelling. We find souls made of the same stuff ours are. We find classmates and partners and neighbors and family friends and cousins and sisters and our lives intersect in a way that makes them feel like they couldn’t have ever been separate. And this is lovely. But the ease and access isn’t what we crave. It isn’t what I’m writing about right now. It isn’t what we revolve around after it’s gone. We are all just waiting for another universe to collide with ours, to change what we can’t ourselves. It’s interesting how we realize the storm returns to calm, but we see the stars differently now, and we don’t know, and we can’t choose, whose wreckage can do that for us.

We all start as strangers, but we forget that we rarely choose who ends up a stranger too. However, I think it will always be a risk worth taking. With every failed relationship comes a new lesson. They help us learn more about what we like, don’t like, and what we are willing to accept. They help us recognize the pain a broken heart can bring, and the growth involved in healing it. They also teach us to appreciate how beautiful and vulnerable love can be, and hopefully–eventually–help you find that person who will make all that past pain and uncertainty worth it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by Seunpaul01(m): 1:01am On Jan 31, 2017
Okay,,,

make I book space

incase first page pick ur call
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by Smhart1(f): 1:16am On Jan 31, 2017
We meet to part and we part to meet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by LePrezident(m): 6:34am On Jan 31, 2017
OP is waxing philosophical.
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 31, 2017
Smhart1:
We meet to part and we part to meet
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by Fuqman(m): 6:41am On Jan 31, 2017
Love is an illusion, simply does not exist.

2 Likes

Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by jonaifame22(m): 7:55am On Jan 31, 2017
20 friends can't play for twenty years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by amakadihot87(f): 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2017
[quote author=Fuqman post=53282326]Love is an illusion, simply does not exist. [/quote. u r so right .it doesnt exist at least for me
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by Chuksteric(m): 2:31pm On Feb 15, 2017
Deep
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
This touched my heart
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by youngfocus(m): 4:09pm On Feb 15, 2017
uuuh I wonder ooo jst spoken d truth,there are so many tin to learn in dis world,sumtime I will look at my past relationships, those we av kiss,romance do all dose stuff,after brake up dey suddenly become stranger,sum1 u will tap at her hips wen sumtin tin is still roses,will because sum1 u av to cross to another side of d road wen u c him at far,maybe dat is d way God package d world,notin goes for ever, I Neva felt heart broken.wen my gf told me she is no more interested I Neva felt anything cos d day I walk up to her to toast her day same day am already tinking were are going to breakup 1 day,so wen d day come I will b lik wat I av been expecting very long,life is simple we just complicate it for ourself,.
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 15, 2017
Because love fades and we don't nourish it when it was fading

1 Like

Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by cooljoe(m): 4:25pm On Feb 15, 2017
even luv grows cold. me I won't always luv u o, I'm not Whitney houston
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by obontami: 6:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
HateU2:
Because love fades and we don't nourish it when it was fading
receive brain kiss

2 Likes

Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
obontami:
receive brain kiss
hey, don't Lemme slap you this evening angry
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by ayo22(m): 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
true love never dies
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by obontami: 8:09pm On Feb 15, 2017
HateU2:
hey, don't Lemme slap you this evening angry

I'd prefer you _nipples in my mouth. wink kiss

1 Like

Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 15, 2017
obontami:

I'd prefer you _nipples in my mouth. wink kiss
Iz it your dick is paining you abi
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by obontami: 8:45pm On Feb 15, 2017
HateU2:
Iz it your dick is paining you abi
yes, its paining me after you use your teeth to injure my dick when you gave me a wack _blowjob wink grin. kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 15, 2017
Yawn... Walk out of thread.
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
obontami:
yes, its paining me after you use your teeth to injure my dick when you gave me a wack _blowjob wink grin. kiss
but what is blow-job Is it a new job
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by obontami: 6:54am On Feb 16, 2017
HateU2:
but what is blow-job Is it a new job
yes, that's the new job you'll be doing under me. tongue
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by eitsei(m): 7:48am On Feb 16, 2017
I can relate
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 16, 2017
sad shocked cry angry undecided grin cheesy
Re: How The People We Once Loved Become Strangers Again by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 16, 2017
true word... strange world.

(1) (Reply)

You Guys Won't Kill Me With "Mentions" / How My First Time Sex Almost Ruined My Relationship / Watch Couple Have Sex In A Domino's Pizza Shop In The Presence Of People; They C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.