Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,176 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time (20688 Views)

10 Best Mobile Number Tracker App For Android With Live Location / Whatsapp’s Live Location Feature Lets Friends Track Each Other In Real Time / Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by zumen(m): 6:04am On Jan 31, 2017
After unleashing untimely deadly blow on all blackberry users weeks ago, the Instant messaging app WhatsApp is working on a feature you’ll love, that will track the live location of members, allowing users to track the whereabouts of their friends in real time.

If you can still remember, In December last year, WhatsApp added the features to revoke and edit the sent messages in a beta version testing. The feature is currently available in WhatsApp beta for the iOS 2.17.1.869 but not available on the normal platform.

The “Live Location Tracking” is a new feature already introduced to some beta tester but will soon be roll out to both Android and iOS platform

According to info, the features will work on WhatsApp beta version 2.17.3.28 for iOS, 2.16.399+ on Android and will be disabled by default.

The Live Location Tracking can be kept on for 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or indefinitely. Now imagine that you have a lying partner, or a random player, with this feature, you can easily trace their location in real time.

Or this could come in handy if you’re supposed to meet with your family at a certain location and time, and you want to see how far away from the destination they are.

And if you don’t want anyone to track your movement, The live streaming can also be disabled so that no one can learn where you are at any given moment.

http://iqvibes.com/whatsapp-to-introduce-live-location-tracking-in-real-time/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by MrGreenMavro: 6:07am On Jan 31, 2017
y?

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by seunlayi(m): 6:17am On Jan 31, 2017
This will be good, it will help in bursting those lies.

Check the perverted soul below me. That was why Jesus wept.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 31, 2017
and if they do this, I will delete the app angry sad.

I deserve my privacy and right to lie smiley

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 31, 2017
*in Kevin harts voice*
No No No No!!

the "last seen" feature is already breaking relationships and now this

time to be single

30 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by nightingalee: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2017
... It's a welcome development, noh chop our megabytes finish sha, and this package must come with a toggle, so, I can tune at my discretion.

6 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by whirlwind7(m): 7:24am On Jan 31, 2017
cheesy

This is gonna be another spoiler for some peeps who couldn't stay loyal to their partner. Like a GPS tracking your movement as you are texting.

If you decide to disable the feature when your partner ask you to turn it on, it means you are not being honest with your location.
Hmmm...have you guys realized that most breakups in relationships and marriages these days have been facilitated by discoveries of cheating through texting/sextings?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by jejemanito: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2017
Nairalanders calm down

If there's one thing I've learnt about technology is that for every rolled out feature, there's always a work around. wink

Once I off my phone location and switch on VPN network even witches for my villa no fit catch me undecided

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Geonigga(m): 7:24am On Jan 31, 2017
Is that all there can offer in this recession? Tell them to shelve that jamboree.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Preciousojoka(m): 7:25am On Jan 31, 2017
Whatsapp sef, they should introduce something better, we were able to share location before so this isn't really important

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Viking007(m): 7:26am On Jan 31, 2017
Time to delete my WhatsApp.

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by habex005(m): 7:26am On Jan 31, 2017
Live location ?? No more lies on location then

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by NNVanguard(m): 7:26am On Jan 31, 2017
This is a breach of privacy. Hope it can be turned on and off at the owners discretion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by samhay: 7:26am On Jan 31, 2017
Loving this

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Agozie48: 7:27am On Jan 31, 2017
I don't really think that this is right because it goes against privacy which what's app has always been about someone deserves their privacy ,this could also cause thereat to security

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by freemanbubble: 7:27am On Jan 31, 2017
ok
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 31, 2017
WTF
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by princesweetman2(m): 7:27am On Jan 31, 2017
Dgk
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by sweettease(f): 7:27am On Jan 31, 2017
Agozie48:
I don't really think that this is right because it goes against privacy which what's app has always been about someone deserves their privacy ,this could also cause thereat to security

I'm sure the other person won't have access to your location without your permission just like the dp, read messages and last seen.

I just pity all the cheating, lying, double or triple dating babies and bobos cheesy
This feature should be updated to the normal platform before valentine's day grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by martineverest(m): 7:28am On Jan 31, 2017
bad idea...invasion of privacy
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by ofemigeorge(m): 7:29am On Jan 31, 2017
HateU2:

Wide wild west
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by ZUBY77(m): 7:29am On Jan 31, 2017
Wechat has this feature long time ago.
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by mccoy47(m): 7:29am On Jan 31, 2017
Nice

Cheats & 419ners would be like

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Adonis7: 7:29am On Jan 31, 2017

These people mission na to scatter as many relationships as possible

Nawa ooo

Who send una message now

#Adonis7HasSpoken

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by ivili(m): 7:29am On Jan 31, 2017
This is bad,very very bad. So I can't decieve the people I wish to decieve again? What is this world turning to.
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by ofemigeorge(m): 7:30am On Jan 31, 2017
NNVanguard:
This is a breach of privacy. Hope it can be turned on and off at the owners discretion
Do u read at all
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Originality007: 7:30am On Jan 31, 2017
HateU2:

bad girl smiley
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 31, 2017
I want to photostat garri with whatsapp.. Can you make that happen? Na wetin i want b dat
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 31, 2017
It won't necessarily help to bust lies or expose people, since the feature can still be disabled, just like the 'last seen' stamp. Whatsapp should make the feature compulsory without option for disabling. Same time, if they do that, milions of people will dump whatsapp. grin
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by DaudaAbu(m): 7:31am On Jan 31, 2017
Ohh boy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn / How Do You End Call You're Tired Of Without Sounding Rude? / ALERT:Infinix X450 Race Bolt, is a Substandard Android Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.