Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time (20709 Views)

10 Best Mobile Number Tracker App For Android With Live Location / Whatsapp’s Live Location Feature Lets Friends Track Each Other In Real Time / Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by sdavirus: 7:32am On Jan 31, 2017
HateU2:
and if they do this, I will delete the app angry sad.

I deserve my privacy and right to lie smiley

Dont mind the aprokos

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by whirlwind7(m): 7:32am On Jan 31, 2017
jejemanito:
Nairalanders calm down

If there's one thing I've learnt about technology is that for a rolled out feature, there's always a work around. wink

If I off my phone location and use VPN network how you want take catch me undecided

Then a smart partner will realize you are trying to be elusive. Two can play that game, you know?
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by mccoy47(m): 7:32am On Jan 31, 2017
Agozie48:
I don't really think that this is right because it goes against privacy which what's app has always been about someone deserves their privacy ,this could also cause thereat to security
That is y u hv d ability to switch it on and off
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by sisisioge: 7:33am On Jan 31, 2017
First, it was the video calls. With that, u couldn't even say you were in Oshodi while in your room! Now GPS tracking! I'm so turning that off! My phone, my me, my location!
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 31, 2017
making kidnappers job easier angry
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by SalamRushdie: 7:34am On Jan 31, 2017
sweettease:

I'm sure the other person won't have access to your location without your permission just like the dp, read messages and last seen.

I just pity all the cheating, lying, double or triple dating babies and bobos cheesy
This feature should be updated to the normal platform before valentine's day grin grin

I am sure you will need to turn on location services for it to work ,so all i will do is never turn it on
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by jejemanito: 7:35am On Jan 31, 2017
whirlwind7:

Then a smart partner will realize you are trying to be elusive. Two can play that game, you know?
Well thank God we dealing with Naija girls

If you know what I mean grin

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Ugoeze2016: 7:36am On Jan 31, 2017
Hmmm....will this work well in naija, GPS hardly pick street up, every city wey get same street name. Say your location reads Kayode street, omo u go find Kayode street taya
Good luck to them, I've got nothing to hide
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by jejemanito: 7:36am On Jan 31, 2017
sisisioge:
First, it was the video calls. With that, u couldn't even say you were in Oshodi while in your room! Now GPS tracking! I'm so turning that off! My phone, my me, my location!
Chronicles of a sheater tongue grin
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by sleeknick: 7:36am On Jan 31, 2017
NNVanguard:
This is a breach of privacy. Hope it can be turned on and off at the owners discretion
Pls tell olujimi dat i sent my mail of acceptance to join ur organization after reading all d files sent to me. Thanks
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by JennieCutie4U(f): 7:37am On Jan 31, 2017
Nice one but I hope it won't show location of the people giving f^ck...*not d kind of f^ck u r thinking in dat ur spoilt mind o*... anyways, it will help expose those hardened chronic phone location liars!... "hello, i dey mile2 now" ..whereas he's still on d island with me"... ndi asi!!!
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Youngtrice(m): 7:39am On Jan 31, 2017
Na BBM whatsapp just dey copy. BBM has the feature already.
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Baba4dgals: 7:39am On Jan 31, 2017
HateU2:

right to lie indeed

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by sweettease(f): 7:41am On Jan 31, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I am sure you will need to turn on location services for it to work ,so all i will do is never turn it on
cheesy cheesy I don't even turn on location or give apps that access casually but if you love that person and he/she requests, you'll have no problem especially if your hands are clean.
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by shantyken1(m): 7:41am On Jan 31, 2017
zumen:
After unleashing untimely deadly blow on all blackberry users weeks ago, the Instant messaging app WhatsApp is working on a feature you’ll love, that will track the live location of members, allowing users to track the whereabouts of their friends in real time.

If you can still remember, In December last year, WhatsApp added the features to revoke and edit the sent messages in a beta version testing. The feature is currently available in WhatsApp beta for the iOS 2.17.1.869 but not available on the normal platform.

The “Live Location Tracking” is a new feature already introduced to some beta tester but will soon be roll out to both Android and iOS platform

According to info, the features will work on WhatsApp beta version 2.17.3.28 for iOS, 2.16.399+ on Android and will be disabled by default.

The Live Location Tracking can be kept on for 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or indefinitely. Now imagine that you have a lying partner, or a random player, with this feature, you can easily trace their location in real time.

Or this could come in handy if you’re supposed to meet with your family at a certain location and time, and you want to see how far away from the destination they are.

And if you don’t want anyone to track your movement, The live streaming can also be disabled so that no one can learn where you are at any given moment.

http://iqvibes.com/whatsapp-to-introduce-live-location-tracking-in-real-time/
girls wil nt like this at-all oooo

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by shigoawesu(m): 7:42am On Jan 31, 2017
Good
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by dingbang(m): 7:47am On Jan 31, 2017
"Where are you" will now be the most frequently asked question on whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by hezik19: 7:48am On Jan 31, 2017
That's where wrong tracking will take you to pangshine. Trust naija network!

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by dingbang(m): 7:48am On Jan 31, 2017
sweettease:
cheesy cheesy I don't even turn on location or give apps that access casually but if you love that person and he/she requests, you'll have no problem especially if your hands are clean.
I know ur hands are not clean smiley
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by babseg(m): 7:49am On Jan 31, 2017
That's why I always switches off my gps.
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by NNVanguard(m): 7:49am On Jan 31, 2017
sleeknick:

Pls tell olujimi dat i sent my mail of acceptance to join ur organization after reading all d files sent to me. Thanks

Alright Sir. You can as well chat with us on whatsapp 08064572551
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 31, 2017
Wont this put a strain on my battery usage? Cause i know GPS sucks battery
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 31, 2017
HateU2:

true talk
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by veacea: 7:51am On Jan 31, 2017
You will just use dis nonsense to aid kid napping

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by sweettease(f): 7:53am On Jan 31, 2017
dingbang:
I know ur hands are not clean smiley
Who made it dirty? You? tongue
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by dingbang(m): 7:55am On Jan 31, 2017
sweettease:

Who made it dirty? You? tongue
grin nutty
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:55am On Jan 31, 2017
There's no cause for alarm. Simply turn off your GPS.. grin.. grin..
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by chronique(m): 7:56am On Jan 31, 2017
All the cheaters won't like this.
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Agozie48: 7:59am On Jan 31, 2017
sweettease:

I'm sure the other person won't have access to your location without your permission just like the dp, read messages and last seen.

I just pity all the cheating, lying, double or triple dating babies and bobos cheesy
This feature should be updated to the normal platform before valentine's day grin grin

lol but even at that is it necessary but shaaaa it will cause havoc if it was updated before Valentines day

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by djbobby007: 8:00am On Jan 31, 2017
users can always disable it,is up to me
Re: Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time by Lasskeey: 8:00am On Jan 31, 2017
HateU2:

.... Yes woooo ! And you also deserve your privacy to ............ grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaian Boy's Chat With Fake Messi Exposed Online / Infinix Hot 6 Pro Full Review (photos) / How Do You End Call You're Tired Of Without Sounding Rude?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.