Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. (71479 Views)

Ten Things You Cannot Do In Dubai / Ten Things Buhari And Wenger Have In Common / All The Absolutely Awful Things That Happen To Your Body When You Turn 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2020
Traveling abroad on my list
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Neurotika: 12:35pm On Jan 08, 2020
Do understand that all we have is a planet circling it's orbit and humans who choose to keep track of its movement in the form of a calendar. Understand that the best way to enjoy this life is to live each day like it's brand new and with the belief that most things are still achievable regardless of how many birthdays you've celebrated. Age is a man made concept, refuse to internalize it and you'll be truly free.

6 Likes

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by raphy(m): 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
fhuck this this old sermon.
i got my heart broken twice.before i turn 20.

and the list is not even complete without adding get your own apartment before u reach 30.

fhucking trash wit bull shit untop.
i even join this site when i was 14yrs old
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by AreaFada2: 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
Gedonni:
I support number 1, it makes you have sense and hustle
What if you marry your childhood sweetheart? cheesy
Not everyone must suffer heartbreak Na.

Some people from. Certain backgrounds have many of those things done for them or leapfrog many of those things.

Na luck for this life is carefully made plans actually do work out.
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Muyiwamary(f): 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
Apt!
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by adeniyi65(m): 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
HarkymTheOracle:
I have a problem with the following

Na by force? Or what will you say about people who found their soulmate in the first try. Abi u expect me to go find person wey go break my heart deliberately date? Or heartbreaks after 30 won't count?

LOL.. Life begins the day you were born.

Na all of us go be writer or wetin

You think say na everybody get money to travel and live abroad? Abi wetin u dey talk?

There's no rule to life..Live your life at your own pace abeg. Don't let any write up online (or offline) make you feel you aren't doing anything with your life.
Can the moderators push this to first comment.this guy get it all i swear grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by sparko1(m): 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
sisipelebe:

Ten things you should definitely do before you turn thirty:

1.Get Your Heart Broken. It is not the most pleasant experience in life. Unfortunately, it is inevitable. However, it is the invaluable lesson everyone should go through. Get your heart broken to learn the hard way how cruel and tough the life can be.

2.Realize That Life Has Already Begun. The sooner you do this the sooner you will be able to start doing the things that matter. Every decision matters and every choice counts. There is no interlude Nor is there a trial version. Therefore, strive to live a meaningful life now.

3. Write An Article. Develop a strong point of view regarding the particular issue and do your best to express your thoughts in the best way possible. Get your voice featured on the popular outlet and praise yourself for this small accomplishment.

4.Master A Valuable Skill. Your ability to apply your knowledge and produce some great results is what lets you stand out and makes others pay you for your services. Opt for mastery and strive to become the best at what you do.

5. Slay Your Fears. Stop living your fears as soon as possible. Do not enter the fourth decade of your life being afraid of trivial things. Learn to live beyond your comfort zone and slay your fears to live the life to the fullest.

6.Establish A Few Useful Connections. You cannot know everyone and know how to do everything. The good thing is that you do not need to. Meanwhile, you can meet some great people that can give a valuable advice or come in your hour of need.

7.Live Abroad For At Least A Year. Living abroad is not always fun and easy. This experience is often full of struggle and difficulties. Learn how to adapt to and survive in unfamiliar environments. Find out how to meet new friends and get used to a different culture.

8. Establish A Good Habit Attitude. Then you won`t need to break a bad one. Habits might seem innocuous daily actions that do not make any impact on your life. In fact, they define how productive and successful you are. Adopt the habits that are the perfect fit for a person you`d like to be.

9.Define Your Goals. Make sure you are not going to float along after you are 30. Make sure you get closer to the things you want to accomplish with every step you take. Make sure you know what you want and channel your energy towards attaining your goals.

10.Get Into Challenging Environment. If you are not willing to start stagnating too soon, surround yourself with the people that are smarter, stronger and faster than you. They will motivate you to catch up and become better than you ever thought possible.

So sisipelebe, let me start with number one!, let play a one month love game so you can break my heart and let me feel it.
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Liposure: 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
pocohantas:
Too late. I am 35 already...

In my second life, maybe.
respect ma. Pls Dont give up. u can neva say neva. I luv everytin about u
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Mywd: 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2020
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by DexterousOne(m): 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2020
sisipelebe:

1.Get Your Heart Broken. It is not the most pleasant experience in life. Unfortunately, it is inevitable. However, it is the invaluable lesson everyone should go through. Get your heart broken to learn the hard way how cruel and tough the life can be.

2.Realize That Life Has Already Begun. The sooner you do this the sooner you will be able to start doing the things that matter. Every decision matters and every choice counts. There is no interlude Nor is there a trial version. Therefore, strive to live a meaningful life now.

3. Write An Article. Develop a strong point of view regarding the particular issue and do your best to express your thoughts in the best way possible. Get your voice featured on the popular outlet and praise yourself for this small accomplishment.

4.Master A Valuable Skill. Your ability to apply your knowledge and produce some great results is what lets you stand out and makes others pay you for your services. Opt for mastery and strive to become the best at what you do.

5. Slay Your Fears. Stop living your fears as soon as possible. Do not enter the fourth decade of your life being afraid of trivial things. Learn to live beyond your comfort zone and slay your fears to live the life to the fullest.

6.Establish A Few Useful Connections. You cannot know everyone and know how to do everything. The good thing is that you do not need to. Meanwhile, you can meet some great people that can give a valuable advice or come in your hour of need.

7.Live Abroad For At Least A Year. Living abroad is not always fun and easy. This experience is often full of struggle and difficulties. Learn how to adapt to and survive in unfamiliar environments. Find out how to meet new friends and get used to a different culture.

8. Establish A Good Habit Attitude. Then you won`t need to break a bad one. Habits might seem innocuous daily actions that do not make any impact on your life. In fact, they define how productive and successful you are. Adopt the habits that are the perfect fit for a person you`d like to be.

9.Define Your Goals. Make sure you are not going to float along after you are 30. Make sure you get closer to the things you want to accomplish with every step you take. Make sure you know what you want and channel your energy towards attaining your goals.

10.Get Into Challenging Environment. If you are not willing to start stagnating too soon, surround yourself with the people that are smarter, stronger and faster than you. They will motivate you to catch up and become better than you ever thought possible.

Very impressive
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by DexterousOne(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2020
Westernlove:
In most cases, this piece of advice Is solely for people who has a good background financially and morally. Not for most families In Nigeria. You will be marveled at the number of people who are over 30yrs and doesn't have O'level talkless of having Skills. Go to Factories and have your sightseeing lol

That's worrisome
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Ayobami7(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2020
见过
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by encryptjay(m): 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
OP's thread of 2017 made FP on her birthday.
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Mr100Dollars: 12:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
incogni2o:

Oh! I didn't see that part, I have being to Ghana though
Any place wey you fit use keke go nor be abroad again.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by ruffDiamond: 12:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
pansophist:
I've done all, and I'm not 30 yet smiley
dammm bro, who asks you all this as shii??who u EPP?
in baba fryo voice*NOTICE ME MENTALITY,hope you don't chase after anything in skirt too, trouser with b**bz and kitten underneath.. that's what u ain't telling us right??

2 Likes

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Adasun(m): 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2020
Heavance:
Number one is very necessary
they is no need for that,i can learn that frm other people stories.
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by safarigirl(f): 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
sisipelebe:

Live Abroad with which money?

What that point ought to say, is live out of your comfort zone.

Not Everyone has money for abroad, however, you do not need a foreign visa to experience different cultures. Nigeria, a country with over 200different ethnic groups, is all the abroad you need

Leave your region and visit other places with majority ethnicities you aren't familiar with. It will give you a broader and more informed perspective. Preferably, stay in rural areas, as the urban areas are kind of diluted.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Westernlove: 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
DexterousOne:

That's worrisome

Yeah It's very worrisome, but It's the reality on ground. People who has good financial background or people who came from poor home and were lucky and fortunate In life wouldn't understand what some youths and older people from poor background are going through.....
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by safarigirl(f): 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
Still got some more years to 30 so all is good, gonna work towards them especially number 7 n 10. Smart Nigerian females like this may make up only 1% of Nigerian female population. Rest re fuckaholics, opening legs from hotel room to another, begging guys money, harassing Nigerian guys sexually et al but cannot motivate or inspire people like this o.p, nice thread ma.

Work towards having sense, rather than using every avenue to attack Nigerian women.

You can compliment OP without this unfortunate diatribe, but your limited reasoning will not allow you do that. Calling people fuckerholics as if you no dey Bleep. You must be one of those who frequent hotels to know so much of these women.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by showafrica(m): 12:58pm On Jan 08, 2020
HarkymTheOracle:

Na by force? Or what will you say about people who found their soulmate in the first try. Abi u expect me to go find person wey go break my heart deliberately date? Or heartbreaks after 30 won't count?

You think say na everybody get money to travel and live abroad? Abi wetin u dey talk?

There's no rule to life..Live your life at your own pace abeg. Don't let any write up online (or offline) make you feel you aren't doing anything with your life.

Good sense of reasoning... There is no rule of life, thats what makes it intriguing.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by badman007(m): 12:58pm On Jan 08, 2020
abdullkabar:

As much as saving sounds like a good financial advice, actually, it isn't.
Instead of saving, why not invest with it, and have a saving too tho.
Investments should be more on that list than saving.
Imagine, having like 5 steady sources of income(that's wealth)

Naija reality version na updated one tho
Reality 6.5

How do you invest without savings?
How do you have a voice without savings?
Developing a savings culture is more difficult than anything i know
I said what i said. Save, invest and save, save, save!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Liposure: 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
Still got some more years to 30 so all is good, gonna work towards them especially number 7 n 10. Smart Nigerian females like this may make up only 1% of Nigerian female population. Rest re fuckaholics, opening legs from hotel room to another, begging guys money, harassing Nigerian guys sexually et al but cannot motivate or inspire people like this o.p, nice thread ma.
baba na true u yarn jare. Some of dis chicks greatest achievement b4 30 na MSc in oloshology

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by emeijeh(m): 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
pocohantas:
Too late. I am 35 already...

In my second life, maybe.

1984 by George Orwell
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Irore: 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2020
HarkymTheOracle:

I was wondering if this is Biblical or Quranic. Good write-up though.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Liposure: 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
Neurotika:
Do understand that all we have is a planet circling it's orbit and humans who choose to keep track of its movement in the form of a calendar. Understand that the best way to enjoy this life is to live each day like it's brand new and with the belief that most things are still achievable regardless of how many birthdays you've celebrated. Age is a man made concept, refuse to internalize it and you'll be truly free.
baba u talk sense i swear. U remind me of aristotle
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Liposure: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2020
raphy:
fhuck this this old sermon.
i got my heart broken twice.before i turn 20.

and the list is not even complete without adding get your own apartment before u reach 30.

fhucking trash wit bull shit untop.
i even join this site when i was 14yrs old
baba u dey para gan oo
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by t4djay: 1:24pm On Jan 08, 2020
Makes sense, but we are in a society where our plans might not be accomplished due to factors militating against them.
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by ecclize: 1:31pm On Jan 08, 2020
Larryfest:
You no go pray make u get to 30 safely first
this got me
cheesy cheesy cheesy...
someone already said live according to u pace life don't present same opportunity to every, some have it hard, some harder hard and harder... in life don't be lazy just make sure u are moving

2 Likes

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by PETUK(m): 1:36pm On Jan 08, 2020
Freehuman:
God bless America. America, here I come.
lol old, my friend go to Iran
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by gracechellar(f): 1:45pm On Jan 08, 2020
sisipelebe:

I've done all. I'm below 30
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Munzy14(m): 1:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
safarigirl:

Live Abroad with which money?

What that point ought to say, is live out of your comfort zone.

Not Everyone has money for abroad, however, you do not need a foreign visa to experience different cultures. Nigeria, a country with over 200different ethnic groups, is all the abroad you need

Leave your region and visit other places with majority ethnicities you aren't familiar with. It will give you a broader and more informed perspective. Preferably, stay in rural areas, as the urban areas are kind of diluted.
safari......cheesy word!

That rural area is important, it helps one define their goals in the urban life.
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Lynorambo(m): 1:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
ji ma sú

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Amputee Hawker, Mary Daniel Acquires N17.5m House In Lagos (Photos) / What Is This Thing Situated In Almost Every Nigerian City? (Pictured) / If You Wish To Have A Better 2021, Stay Away From These Five Things.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.