Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. (71478 Views)

Ten Things You Cannot Do In Dubai / Ten Things Buhari And Wenger Have In Common / All The Absolutely Awful Things That Happen To Your Body When You Turn 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Munzy14(m): 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2020
safarigirl:

Live Abroad with which money?

What that point ought to say, is live out of your comfort zone.

Not Everyone has money for abroad, however, you do not need a foreign visa to experience different cultures. Nigeria, a country with over 200different ethnic groups, is all the abroad you need

Leave your region and visit other places with majority ethnicities you aren't familiar with. It will give you a broader and more informed perspective. Preferably, stay in rural areas, as the urban areas are kind of diluted.
safari......cheesy word!

That rural area is important, it helps one define their goals in the urban life.

I realised how blessed I am when i got posted to serve in a rural area years ago.

first experience and a life lesson.
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by abdullkabar(m): 1:49pm On Jan 08, 2020
badman007:

How do you invest without savings?
How do you have a voice without savings?
Developing a savings culture is more difficult than anything i know
I said what i said. Save, invest and save, save, save!!!
Keep saving then
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by DCmonster: 1:56pm On Jan 08, 2020
pocohantas:
Too late. I am 35 already...

In my second life, maybe.
35? No never! My crush can't be an evening newspaper, I bet you are kidding tho. I like you still no matter what kinda paper grin.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 08, 2020
Mr100Dollars:
@Op... Can you increase the age to 35? Cause some of us in some months time we will be 30.

You didn't even mention to buy land sef, that's very important before 30.

lolzzzz

for sure....
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 08, 2020
gracechellar:

I've done all. I'm below 30
Ok, congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2020
HarkymTheOracle:
I have a problem with the following

Na by force? Or what will you say about people who found their soulmate in the first try. Abi u expect me to go find person wey go break my heart deliberately date? Or heartbreaks after 30 won't count?

LOL.. Life begins the day you were born.

Na all of us go be writer or wetin

You think say na everybody get money to travel and live abroad? Abi wetin u dey talk?

There's no rule to life..Live your life at your own pace abeg. Don't let any write up online (or offline) make you feel you aren't doing anything with your life.

Truism

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2020
sisipelebe:

Ten things you should definitely do before you turn thirty:

1.Get Your Heart Broken. It is not the most pleasant experience in life. Unfortunately, it is inevitable. However, it is the invaluable lesson everyone should go through. Get your heart broken to learn the hard way how cruel and tough the life can be.

2.Realize That Life Has Already Begun. The sooner you do this the sooner you will be able to start doing the things that matter. Every decision matters and every choice counts. There is no interlude Nor is there a trial version. Therefore, strive to live a meaningful life now.

3. Write An Article. Develop a strong point of view regarding the particular issue and do your best to express your thoughts in the best way possible. Get your voice featured on the popular outlet and praise yourself for this small accomplishment.

4.Master A Valuable Skill. Your ability to apply your knowledge and produce some great results is what lets you stand out and makes others pay you for your services. Opt for mastery and strive to become the best at what you do.

5. Slay Your Fears. Stop living your fears as soon as possible. Do not enter the fourth decade of your life being afraid of trivial things. Learn to live beyond your comfort zone and slay your fears to live the life to the fullest.

6.Establish A Few Useful Connections. You cannot know everyone and know how to do everything. The good thing is that you do not need to. Meanwhile, you can meet some great people that can give a valuable advice or come in your hour of need.

7.Live Abroad For At Least A Year. Living abroad is not always fun and easy. This experience is often full of struggle and difficulties. Learn how to adapt to and survive in unfamiliar environments. Find out how to meet new friends and get used to a different culture.

8. Establish A Good Habit Attitude. Then you won`t need to break a bad one. Habits might seem innocuous daily actions that do not make any impact on your life. In fact, they define how productive and successful you are. Adopt the habits that are the perfect fit for a person you`d like to be.

9.Define Your Goals. Make sure you are not going to float along after you are 30. Make sure you get closer to the things you want to accomplish with every step you take. Make sure you know what you want and channel your energy towards attaining your goals.

10.Get Into Challenging Environment. If you are not willing to start stagnating too soon, surround yourself with the people that are smarter, stronger and faster than you. They will motivate you to catch up and become better than you ever thought possible.

11. Repent and turn away from SIN. Accept Christ now, tomorrow maybe too late. Don't be like the rich fool in the Bible. Let me drop this verse: If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable I Cor. 15:19

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by tunary(m): 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
Mr100Dollars:
@Op... Can you increase the age to 35? Cause some of us in some months time we will be 30.

You didn't even mention to buy land sef, that's very important before 30.
lol this guy you sound funny. to increase the age doesn't change anything. just take action now
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Theoarhics: 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
This is not yardstick for a successful life. It can come in different ways .
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by xcelentattitude(m): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
sisipelebe:

Ten things you should definitely do before you turn thirty:

1.Get Your Heart Broken. It is not the most pleasant experience in life. Unfortunately, it is inevitable. However, it is the invaluable lesson everyone should go through. Get your heart broken to learn the hard way how cruel and tough the life can be.

2.Realize That Life Has Already Begun. The sooner you do this the sooner you will be able to start doing the things that matter. Every decision matters and every choice counts. There is no interlude Nor is there a trial version. Therefore, strive to live a meaningful life now.

3. Write An Article. Develop a strong point of view regarding the particular issue and do your best to express your thoughts in the best way possible. Get your voice featured on the popular outlet and praise yourself for this small accomplishment.

4.Master A Valuable Skill. Your ability to apply your knowledge and produce some great results is what lets you stand out and makes others pay you for your services. Opt for mastery and strive to become the best at what you do.

5. Slay Your Fears. Stop living your fears as soon as possible. Do not enter the fourth decade of your life being afraid of trivial things. Learn to live beyond your comfort zone and slay your fears to live the life to the fullest.

6.Establish A Few Useful Connections. You cannot know everyone and know how to do everything. The good thing is that you do not need to. Meanwhile, you can meet some great people that can give a valuable advice or come in your hour of need.

7.Live Abroad For At Least A Year. Living abroad is not always fun and easy. This experience is often full of struggle and difficulties. Learn how to adapt to and survive in unfamiliar environments. Find out how to meet new friends and get used to a different culture.

8. Establish A Good Habit Attitude. Then you won`t need to break a bad one. Habits might seem innocuous daily actions that do not make any impact on your life. In fact, they define how productive and successful you are. Adopt the habits that are the perfect fit for a person you`d like to be.

9.Define Your Goals. Make sure you are not going to float along after you are 30. Make sure you get closer to the things you want to accomplish with every step you take. Make sure you know what you want and channel your energy towards attaining your goals.

10.Get Into Challenging Environment. If you are not willing to start stagnating too soon, surround yourself with the people that are smarter, stronger and faster than you. They will motivate you to catch up and become better than you ever thought possible.

Live abroad for atleast a year

Is that some sort of joke grin

Wey the money na grin grin

And FYI my heart can't be broken cos it's stainless. It belongs to Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by juniorstar(m): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
never been heart broken.. and can never be heart broken.. can u guess why?
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by shogsman(m): 2:41pm On Jan 08, 2020
I'll do whatever I want,get high, get kids,her girls, and every other fun thing I can wrap my head around.
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2020
Different lesson for individuals at different stages of life.
Lesson(s) of life doesn't follow age rules, and you can't deliberately put yourself in some situations in order to learn; like getting your heart broken. Sometimes we learn earlier, while in some cases we learn later; it depends on many factors surrounding individual world.

The bottomline line is, nature has a way of teaching everyone at the right time, irrespective of age. However, I agree that we can consciously do some things for better stamina, just in case nature decide to write with knife instead of feather.
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by badman007(m): 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2020
abdullkabar:

Keep saving then

At least 10% every month.

Try it too... Don’t spend it unless it’s in sensible investment.

Thank me later
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by owila4luv(m): 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
we ve cross dat line already
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Greatfullheart: 3:13pm On Jan 08, 2020
It Sucks When you need someone to Talk to when your Life is Falling Apart and No One is there to Listen!

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by abdullkabar(m): 3:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
badman007:

At least 10% every month.

Try it too... Don’t spend it unless it’s in sensible investment.

Thank me later
Lolz.....
Its the sensible investment I am talking about, because no matter how much you save, you will spend it eventually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by adedayoa2(f): 3:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
Before 40 nko?
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2020
Good points. I've experienced all before my 30s
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by abdullkabar(m): 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2020
Greatfullheart:
It Sucks When you need someone to Talk to when your Life is Falling Apart and No One is there to Listen!
That's what makes a man(To be able to still keep your shit together, even when falling apart is inevitable)
Not all this online Alpha male(I pray you find it easy bro)
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Elxandre(m): 3:20pm On Jan 08, 2020
AreaFada2:

What if you marry your childhood sweetheart? cheesy
Not everyone must suffer heartbreak Na.

Some people from. Certain backgrounds have many of those things done for them or leapfrog many of those things.

Na luck for this life is carefully made plans actually do work out.
Abeg rewrite your last line. Not clear.
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by richPHAROAH: 3:23pm On Jan 08, 2020
where do idiots like this emanate from? angry
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by jendhorlee(m): 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
HarkymTheOracle:
I have a problem with the following

Na by force? Or what will you say about people who found their soulmate in the first try. Abi u expect me to go find person wey go break my heart deliberately date? Or heartbreaks after 30 won't count?

LOL.. Life begins the day you were born.

Na all of us go be writer or wetin

You think say na everybody get money to travel and live abroad? Abi wetin u dey talk?

There's no rule to life..Live your life at your own pace abeg. Don't let any write up online (or offline) make you feel you aren't doing anything with your life.
Go to any nearby restaurant. Order 2 cold bear and pepper soup. Bills on me grin

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Fantazy(m): 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2020
handsomeyinka:
Number 4 was the first I achieved @ 23.

So what was that?
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2020
jendhorlee:

Go to any nearby restaurant. Order 2 cold bear and pepper soup. Bills on me grin
Lol
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by praz001(m): 3:31pm On Jan 08, 2020
xcelentattitude:

Live abroad for atleast a year

Is that some sort of joke grin

Wey the money na grin grin

And FYI my heart can't be broken cos it's stainless. It belongs to Jesus.

Imagine one using all his savings on traveling.... undecided and ended up back with immigration problem.

Then he will understand how life begins at the stage he finds himself...

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by efembaba(m): 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2020
If u live in Nigeria, you won't have to wait until you are thirty b4 u would've got ur heart broken.. Govt, Nepa, tailor, bad road, unemployment, insecurity, bad education, poor health, MTN, etc are all already at ur service
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Fantazy(m): 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2020
Pls NL

Is being a Computer Literate a skill? As in, one who can use the computer efficiently, though doesn't have a university degree.
Is it a skill or its just a gadget that everyone should know how to use in this century.
Because I do see myself as one who hasn't acquired any skill yet, even though I'm a professional computer user.
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Greatfullheart: 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2020
abdullkabar:

That's what makes a man(To be able to still keep your shit together, even when falling apart is inevitable)
Not all this online Alpha male(I pray you find it easy bro)
thanks Alot i've Also Been Heartbroken Big Time I Thought Of Commiting Suicide
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by AreaFada2: 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
Elxandre:

Abeg rewrite your last line. Not clear.
Lol, it's pidgin.

I mean even if you have carefully and meticulously planned, you still have to be lucky for things to work out as planned.
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by toulah(f): 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
That number one though, but it makes you smarter than you think.
Re: Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. by Sirseedorf(m): 4:04pm On Jan 08, 2020
No matter the writeup, Something's will never change.

Just be yourself, don't drag what your hand cannot reach.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Amputee Hawker, Mary Daniel Acquires N17.5m House In Lagos (Photos) / What Is This Thing Situated In Almost Every Nigerian City? (Pictured) / If You Wish To Have A Better 2021, Stay Away From These Five Things.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.