Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Best Goal Of The Weekend? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Best Goal Of The Weekend? (862 Views)

Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament / Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) / Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Goal Of The Weekend? by tonitone1(m): 1:38am On Jan 16, 2007
This is from a BBC bloh, what do u think?
comment by ajsettings
posted 1 Hour Ago

I have always known Henry as an excellent player.I am an arsenal fc fan.it is only natural that i should be bias but the truth is that O.martins goal is wonderful. The strenght behind that drive is inexplicable with no chance for the keeper unlike henrys goal that the keeper has his hand slightly on it
The truth is that i don't see obafemi lasting very long with Newcastle. I see other strong premiership club snapping him up from them. There is no doubt, he is a world class player. I don't mean any disrespect for Henrys goal
Re: Best Goal Of The Weekend? by sil(m): 2:25am On Jan 16, 2007
He tried and that is why we re proud of Nigerian. Kanu was doin it in the start of the session so martins is taking over from him.
Re: Best Goal Of The Weekend? by akinalabi(m): 6:11am On Jan 16, 2007
Hi,

Martins goal for me was the best.

What audacity to try that!

You could see the concentration of the defender. I
think it was Dawson (not too sure now)

I'm sure he was saying to himself "go on shoot
from there, we've got the scoring openings
covered, the only angle left is an impossible
angle, go on shoot from there"

And he shot from there!!!

Absolutely magnificient!

Akin Alabi
http://talkpremiership..com

=
=
Re: Best Goal Of The Weekend? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2007
Yes O, i think we should have a thread like this with video

that goal was superb!! I bet the keeper forgot he is both footed, the shot was unexpected he probably looked up the first time he got the ball!

The Goal
Re: Best Goal Of The Weekend? by akinalabi(m): 1:12am On Jan 17, 2007
Hi LoverBwoy,

You're right. Adding videos will spice things
up.

I've added the video of the goal on my blog. I'll
add more as time goes on.

See it here -> http://talkpremiership..com

Cheers,

Akin Alabi
http://talkpremiership..com

=
=

(1) (Reply)

John Mikel Obi (his Fans & Critics) / Siasia To The Rescue / Super Eagles Suspected Of Wc Match Fixing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.