Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World (23122 Views)

Poll: Who is the best Goal Keeper in the world

Peter Cech: 33% (46 votes)
Buffon: 17% (24 votes)
Casilas: 16% (23 votes)
Van Der ser: 32% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Is This The Best Goal Keeper In The World?? Watch Video! / Vincent Enyeama Named Best Goal Keeper In France For 2014 / Is Vicent Enyeama The Best Goal Keeper In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by femikay149(m): 3:27am On May 10, 2008
Who is the best goal keeper in the world right now.let have your view.

I believe is Peter Cech
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by Osaetin: 4:15pm On May 10, 2008
I feel U are nt 2 far 4rm D truth. Bt Gigi Buffon and Iker Casilas are also very good goal tenders.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by bollingjoe(m): 7:01pm On May 10, 2008
i concur wit osaetin
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by GTay(m): 8:24pm On May 10, 2008
Casillas is the best without a doubt, italian league play defensive, so keepers are rarely tested. We all know Chelsea's backline is okay so cech is rarely tested. But La Liga, even the best defenders fail there becos of the skill level and attacking flair of the players, casillas is more than a goalkeeper, he single handedly wins games for Madrid!
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by joeb1(m): 12:38am On May 11, 2008
Van der sar
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by lailai2(m): 1:01am On May 11, 2008
casllas and buffon are the goalkeepin legends right now
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by lordimpaq(m): 1:13pm On May 11, 2008
Buffon,
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by femikay149(m): 1:44am On May 12, 2008
GTay:

But La Liga, even the best defenders fail there because of the skill level and attacking flair of the players, casillas is more than a goalkeeper, he single handedly wins games for Madrid!

Gtay simply say that la liga has the worst defenders.the game there is attack oriented nt defence oriented.

Casilas is a good goalkeeper bt cech is better.

I kind of agree wit dose that said buffon.so am stuck in between cech and buffon
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by nyabinghi(m): 8:44am On May 12, 2008
Casillas is better than Cech in all aspects. Check the stats and see for yourselves. Casillas is a good shot stopper and kicker of the ball then cech,moreso madrid play a game that make them express themselves more unlike chelsea that packs the midfield to the defence thereby making Cech less busy on most days.

Top three:
Casillas
Buffon
Van Der Sar
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by oYaTo(m): 9:10am On May 12, 2008
Casillas undoubtedly
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by menix(m): 9:27am On May 12, 2008
No b only Casilas or buffon,
Wel i give to peter rufai followed by Baruwa Third to Cech, the rest can follow,
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by babaogun(m): 9:45am On May 12, 2008
Gianluigi "GIGI2 Buffon definitely, Iker Casillas is top notch as well just behind, Petr Cech was there, but since his head injury, he's lost some shape.
Gigi can do everything, his trademark punches,
while Casillas is a great shot stopper,
Cech is very flexible,exciting saves.

Buffon is on top, becos hes more professional, doesnt try anything fancy.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by babaogun(m): 9:48am On May 12, 2008
someone made an argument that Buffon shouldnt be top becos he has great defenders covering him 90mins a game, but i hope you havent forgotten that italian defenders have been beaten so many times, but his reliability isn't in doubt becos he rises to such occassion time and time again.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by dee02(m): 10:00am On May 12, 2008
has to be-

VICTOR VALDES (BARCELONA)

OR

ALI AL-HABSI (BOLTON WANDERERS)

Some good goalkeepers are not in the best teams in the world guys and one only needs to look in-depth plus present agility and overall performance!
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by simonseez: 10:16am On May 12, 2008
My take

Peter Cech - Chelsea
Gigi Buffon - Juve
Casillas - Real Madrid
Idris Kameni - Espanyol and Cameroon
and the egyptian goal kepper
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by dewiseacre(m): 10:52am On May 12, 2008
There is no doubt that as of today,Iker Casillas remains the best goalkeeper in the world. Real Madrid has an array of worldclass defenders that often than not lose their rhytmn but this young lad who was recently voted Madrid's 6th alltime best player of the club has always been solid. He's a good shot stopper with great agility and he covers the post well despite his height.
Buffon should be number two though he's always been at the top before now.
Peter Cech
Edwin van Dasar is one of the most experienced and he's still one of the top elites.

Real Madrid for life.Hala Madrid
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by Raimond(m): 11:06am On May 12, 2008
1.Egypt`s national team keeper (Forgotten his name).
2.Idris Kameni Cameroun and Espanyol
3.Schmeichel`s Son.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by lysaa(f): 11:11am On May 12, 2008
@post
in a thread, it says women grin LMAO
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by t0kunb0(m): 11:42am On May 12, 2008
it has to be Casillas & Cech just comes in behind

swap both players for club & country & see who comes out on top grin
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by dayokanu(m): 12:44pm On May 12, 2008
I think Casillas is the best given the kind of comical defence in front of him. Buffon is always well covered. Hardly do you get a one on one with Buffon in Juve or Italian National team

Casillas

Buffon

Cech?
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by dipo4(m): 1:33pm On May 12, 2008
i think Iker Casillas is it for the now but in the EPL it is Petr Cech of course. I am an ARSENAL fan anyway.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by dipo4(m): 1:35pm On May 12, 2008
i think Iker Casillas is it for the now but in the EPL it is Petr Cech of course. I am an ARSENAL fan anyway.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by kobikwelu(m): 2:11pm On May 12, 2008
its a pity that u guys look at the big names,forgettin the real talented ones

RALPH FREIDEL:this guy is really good, forget the fact that he does not have the best defense in the world but men! he is good.to kno his quality, watch the match blackburn vs man utd.then tell mi hw good he is.(3rd place)

then the usual two(gigi and cech)

cech:he has lost a little bit but he is the 2nd best(because he is taller than buffon)

gigi buffon:to me, the best!!!mr consistiency.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by ALERTEFCC(f): 2:17pm On May 12, 2008
david james of porthsmouth.

reason- he made the most saves in the premier league this season that ended xterday, cech is too highly rated, i know the blues wont want to hear that, but its the truth, do your confirmations.

the defense in porthmouth is not as formidable as is chelsea's so cech is greatly protected from frequent shots.

a second choice would be Guillermo Ochoa of mexico, only he is not as experienced because of his age. most people here watch only the english and possibly spanish leagues
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by denony(m): 2:33pm On May 12, 2008
Are you people thinking really well?

for me ooooooooo!

After Van-Dar-Sar its ENYEAM

followed by PETER RUFAI THEN GIGI BUFON AND CASILAS lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by lordimpaq(m): 3:58pm On May 12, 2008
ALERT-EFCC:

david james of porthsmouth.

reason- he made the most saves in the premier league this season that ended xterday, cech is too highly rated, i know the blues wont want to hear that, but its the truth, do your confirmations.

nope sir, marcus hahnemann of reading made the most saves in the premiership
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by illusion2: 4:00pm On May 12, 2008
El-Ruffi - Peter Makanjuola Rufai grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by Rafaell(m): 4:51pm On May 12, 2008
Actualy u guys shud know that it aint easy to ascertain world's best from this angle because
most of us watch mainly Barclays premiership, which is not enough.

Even if we do watch some Barca, Madrid & Milan games, dat just happens once in awhile.
And basically speaking, theres no disputing de fact that keepers performances
can neva be truly judged by no. of goals conceded by his team or clean sheets kept.

So lets leav de judgment to those soccer maestros that watch 99% 0f matches,
all around de world, including ASIA and Trinidad and Tobago grin grin

For me, best in England is Cech,
Best in Spain is Casillas,
That of Italy is Buffon.

All others are TOKUNBO !!
Big Example , LAME-man abi Leigh-man tongue I hope those "gone"guys come back next season
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by firstborn: 6:01pm On May 12, 2008
Casillas is Number 1
Buffon is number 2
Cech is number 3

PERIOD.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by donmayor(m): 7:09pm On May 12, 2008
Ike Shorunmu
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by kolakels: 7:24pm On May 12, 2008
1. casillas
2. Buffon
3. cech
4. jaaskelainen
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:52pm On May 12, 2008
kolakels:

1. casillas and the rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ogenyi Onazi To Donate Boots To Nigerian Talents On His Return Home / Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down / Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.