Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians (33170 Views)

Scam Alert: Nextlevelpay Is MMM Scheme All Over; Don't Fall A Victim / Fact About Ponzi Schemes In Nigeria ( Mmm Scheme Exposed!!!!!!!!) / What Nigerians Don't Know About The MMM Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by Franchise21(m): 7:41pm On Feb 02, 2017
Oops!!!
Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by easyfem(m): 7:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
Y seun always mention diz mmm, I'm still coming after u , we know mmm is affecting ur career sha
Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by Franchise21(m): 7:43pm On Feb 02, 2017
semasir:
Lalasticlala...... These people won't let MMM rest oooooooooooooo..... Here They come again or should I mynd44 myself?
Lol... Use style dey mention them grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by madjune(m): 7:44pm On Feb 02, 2017
With every need unsatisfied comes a greed indeed.

Unless, you've a good job.

Tell me, how many people get good jobs in Nigeria today?
Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by kaycee2505(m): 7:45pm On Feb 02, 2017
MMM again

It'll shock u MMM wee vex now n start paying grin grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by Kaybaba5(m): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
Make una leave mmm alone oooooo
Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by Koolking(m): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
One of the characteristics of legitimate wealth is

1. Idea, hardwork and blessing.

This conspicuously eluded MMM believers. That's why they crashed-land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by Burntcoal(f): 7:48pm On Feb 02, 2017
would u guys shut up abt mmm already

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by BabaAduras: 7:51pm On Feb 02, 2017
condomuser:
It is notable to understand how the MMM Ponzi scheme started and the various factors that helped the Guiders deceive Nigerians into investing their hard earner money.

Without going into much history about MMM, here are the most important reasons why MMM were able to fool Nigerians.

1. They started with a free money promotional campaign ie 30% bonus. As bad as it may sound, the first set of real people who got paid 30% of what they had invested were used as the promotional scapegoats to lure their friends, families and others.

The MMM platform continued its promotional payments of 30%, 40% as the case may be. A lot of Nigerians were enticed with this mouthwatering offer to the extent they couldn't resist joining the scheme. Most of the second set of participants knew quite well they were joining a scam but they just couldn't resist the deal from Hell.

2. MMM website stated "Invest your spare money". Seriously, is there anything like spare money when you live in an unpredictable country like Nigeria.
MMM studied its target market carefully and realized the best way to get more investors is to openly state "invest your spare money". This way you are tormented by your conscience when you invest little thereby you fall for them by investing more, the target market are gullible Nigerians who are so greedy and foolishly ignorant.

3. Greed Greed Greed
An average Nigerian wants to get rich quick "I don't blame some", but I blame the people who deceitfully lured others into joining the scheme. The guiders and individuals greed to get more bonuses was a strong driving force which made the MMM scheme a huge success. Irrespective of the fact that Mavrodi's details has been all over the Internet as a Russian Criminal Nigerians neglected all the hand writing on the wall.

I must say its unfortunate greed played a major role in the MMM scheme. Let's be watchful as the rise of schemes like this is yet to come.

There are currently other schemes on ground silently gathering popularity, let's not let our greed take over our morals.

Protect your money.

I totally agreed with all the points you made.

I can bet that 5 to 10 years down the line, the trick will come up again in another form and Nigerians will still fall for it en-mass. Ten years ago, Nigerians fell for the likes of NOSPECTO, WEALTHZONE and many more within that window. Before then we heard of Uwanna Uwanna or Umanna Umanna.

So going by history and the greedy and get-rich-quick-at-all-cost nature of Nigerians, I am sure we will have another Ponzi scheme sooner than soon.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 02, 2017
MMM preyed on the desperate people of a 3rd world country going through a recession with a government who cares not to improve their living situation!

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by Dayoade92(m): 7:53pm On Feb 02, 2017
prince9851:
Jeeezes fecking kraist ...leave mmm pple alone na
Mtchew
Smh
Seun bro, I used to think those stories are made up until this happened. I am to travel out of Nigeria so I decided to visit my aunt in Jos and stay for some weeks before travelling. She really loves to discuss issues with me but there is a pain she has been bearing alone and she won't even share it with anybody except God. Sadly her husband is late and the three kids' expenses are on her. She earns moths and dust bunnies at the end of the month; I mean 76k out of which she pays 10k tithe ( She pledged that to God instead of the normal #7600) and she still has to drop 10k for co-operative, buy food, and other expenses. In short, nothing to hold for the month. I have heard her praying during morning and night devitions about an investment she made into a company that God should not let her money go. God should help the company to pay her back. I was always saying Amen cos I didn't decode this company she was talking about. Two days ago, I was helping her with a message on her mail. I entered her password wrongly several times. I called her attention to it and she was like "It was the same password bro Uche used to register MMM for me." ⁿⁿ She said that by mistake but I was surprised to hear her say MMM. I replied "ma, are you also participating in that scheme?" She knew she couldn't hide it. She had to come clean with me about her frustration. She didn't tell anyone for the fear that she may be calles a fool. Here is what happened to her. She was persuaded by this brother Uche to join the scheme. She didn't trust the scheme well enough but she saw one of her friends who got money there two times. She also needed more money because of her projects. She was at last persuaded to join November with her savings of 600k plus another person's 100k kept with her hoping to get huge profit after 30 days. You know the end of the story. She is here frustrated trying to be strong. I can only pray she gets her money back. The thing is many of these adults dont even know how the scheme works. They were persuaded by greedy referrals. Tell me if she gets her money, how do you convince her to pay into that scheme again? She has even promised not to participate again as soon as she gets her money. I believe this is how other frustrated participants feel. Some like my aunt are too sad to share their stories. Many students have their house rent and school fee hooked in this scheme . Many are just too sad and traumatised to share. MMM gonna crash bro!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by thaoriginator: 7:56pm On Feb 02, 2017
MMM- Money-Making-Mitch

Paid in full motherfuckeers
Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by iPopAlomo(m): 7:58pm On Feb 02, 2017
Meanwhile...
Somewhere in the Philippines...

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by ddippset(m): 7:59pm On Feb 02, 2017
onadana:
MMM didn't fool Nigeria. Buhari did.I was the biggest fool.
foolish talk! very foolish talk!!

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by maasoap(m): 8:09pm On Feb 02, 2017
juddexy2:
Haven't you heard the saying 'Idle Money is barren of income', without any form of sentiment... MmM saved lives too...why do we also fail to see that aspect?
Because, that aspect is really infinitesimal compared to the number of lives wounded by it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2017
M: MUMU
M: MUGU
M:MAGA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by maasoap(m): 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2017
wizkidblogger:
MMM people have moved on with their lives na
No, I don't think so because, my colleague still checks the website like hundred times a day. Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by engrjosefz(m): 8:13pm On Feb 02, 2017
condomuser:
It is notable to understand how the MMM Ponzi scheme started and the various factors that helped the Guiders deceive Nigerians into investing their hard earner money.

Without going into much history about MMM, here are the most important reasons why MMM were able to fool Nigerians.

1. They started with a free money promotional campaign ie 30% bonus. As bad as it may sound, the first set of real people who got paid 30% of what they had invested were used as the promotional scapegoats to lure their friends, families and others.

The MMM platform continued its promotional payments of 30%, 40% as the case may be. A lot of Nigerians were enticed with this mouthwatering offer to the extent they couldn't resist joining the scheme. Most of the second set of participants knew quite well they were joining a scam but they just couldn't resist the deal from Hell.

2. MMM website stated "Invest your spare money". Seriously, is there anything like spare money when you live in an unpredictable country like Nigeria.
MMM studied its target market carefully and realized the best way to get more investors is to openly state "invest your spare money". This way you are tormented by your conscience when you invest little thereby you fall for them by investing more, the target market are gullible Nigerians who are so greedy and foolishly ignorant.

3. Greed Greed Greed
An average Nigerian wants to get rich quick "I don't blame some", but I blame the people who deceitfully lured others into joining the scheme. The guiders and individuals greed to get more bonuses was a strong driving force which made the MMM scheme a huge success. Irrespective of the fact that Mavrodi's details has been all over the Internet as a Russian Criminal Nigerians neglected all the hand writing on the wall.

I must say its unfortunate greed played a major role in the MMM scheme. Let's be watchful as the rise of schemes like this is yet to come.

There are currently other schemes on ground silently gathering popularity, let's not let our greed take over our morals.

Protect your money.

SOME OF THE FÖÖLZ AGAINST MMM STILL INVEST IN OTHER MMM LIKE SCHEMES!

HYPOCRITES AS YOU ARE!!!

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by luvlife007: 8:14pm On Feb 02, 2017
Mmm more more mumu

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by dominique(f): 8:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
Dayoade92:
Seun bro, I used to think those stories are made up until this happened. I am to travel out of Nigeria so I decided to visit my aunt in Jos and stay for some weeks before travelling. She really loves to discuss issues with me but there is a pain she has been bearing alone and she won't even share it with anybody except God. Sadly her husband is late and the three kids' expenses are on her. She earns moths and dust bunnies at the end of the month; I mean 76k out of which she pays 10k tithe ( She pledged that to God instead of the normal #7600) and she still has to drop 10k for co-operative, buy food, and other expenses. In short, nothing to hold for the month. I have heard her praying during morning and night devitions about an investment she made into a company that God should not let her money go. God should help the company to pay her back. I was always saying Amen cos I didn't decode this company she was talking about. Two days ago, I was helping her with a message on her mail. I entered her password wrongly several times. I called her attention to it and she was like "It was the same password bro Uche used to register MMM for me." ⁿⁿ She said that by mistake but I was surprised to hear her say MMM. I replied "ma, are you also participating in that scheme?" She knew she couldn't hide it. She had to come clean with me about her frustration. She didn't tell anyone for the fear that she may be calles a fool. Here is what happened to her. She was persuaded by this brother Uche to join the scheme. She didn't trust the scheme well enough but she saw one of her friends who got money there two times. She also needed more money because of her projects. She was at last persuaded to join November with her savings of 600k plus another person's 100k kept with her hoping to get huge profit after 30 days. You know the end of the story. She is here frustrated trying to be strong. I can only pray she gets her money back. The thing is many of these adults dont even know how the scheme works. They were persuaded by greedy referrals. Tell me if she gets her money, how do you convince her to pay into that scheme again? She has even promised not to participate again as soon as she gets her money. I believe this is how other frustrated participants feel. Some like my aunt are too sad to share their stories. Many students have their house rent and school fee hooked in this scheme . Many are just too sad and traumatised to share. MMM gonna crash bro!

This is so sad. I hope she gets her money back sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by maasoap(m): 8:20pm On Feb 02, 2017
Dayoade92:
Very touching story. She should try to be strong because that money is not gonna come back. I just hope that when realises that, her faith will see her through. That money is huge going by her conditions. Referral bonus made many smart participants to lure many unexposed people into it. Shame of a Nation.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 02, 2017
My guy was badly affected, those saying they saw alert should stop the self deceit.

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by Opakan2: 8:24pm On Feb 02, 2017
I no pity them atal..

spare money wey them suppose invest for agriculture or poultry farming dey see gain, they chose quick 30%
And some of them will say they are educated, such waste of money on education
Greedy beings

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by bluecircle470: 8:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
There's nothing else but GREED!
Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
I guess right about now the supporters club of MMM freaks have taken a breather now that its dawned on them they have been swindled financially and mentally.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by switch47(m): 8:35pm On Feb 02, 2017
I stand with MMM Nigeria.......

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by kosisokosi48(m): 8:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
Finally so does it mean they've gone ....

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by valdovas(m): 8:49pm On Feb 02, 2017
dominique:

This is so sad. I hope she gets her money back sad
No way.
She is not going to get her money back.
The woman may practically have to become a begger to raise her children cos of her loss.

Seun and Lalasticlala have successfully made sure she lost everything with their negative publicity.
The man won't give charity or help others with his site but he is fast to play the moral upstanding Saint and claim that mmm is evil and immoral that's why he always fights against it.

Many people got into the scheme out of ignorance and desperation and not greed but he doesn't care about that. He was hell bent on making sure they lost money. Hope he is happy with himself now.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians by unipol(m): 8:53pm On Feb 02, 2017
Mmm is actually still paying. My sister invested and they paid her 20% of her money. But that does not mean mmm is not a scam. Greed ruled people to participate in such a big scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South African Brothers Vanish With $3.6Bn In Bitcoins / EFCC Docks Funmi Adenmosun For Alleged N26.6bn Investment Fraud In Lagos / My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.