Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia (59521 Views)

Blackface Angry As Faze Performs Plantashun Boiz Song Together With 2face / Charly Boy To Protest With NLC And TUC In Lagos Tomorrow / Gabriel Afolayan Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest With A Hilarious Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by BlackSeptember: 12:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

[s]
That one will be total collapse. Do you think the international community that gave GEJ the cold shoulder did you not know he was leading Nigeria to its destructi[/s]on?
What are you really getting at

This thing up there is RUBBISH

15 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by 30secs(m): 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
Day169:
GBAM!
..you have hit the nail on the head and driven the point home @maclatunji!
What scares me most is another propensity to loose human lives during the protest and the blame game which will follow.
The propensity to lose one's life through careless police gunshot during the protest as opposed to starving to death or a ''friendly'' bomb being dropped over our head shey?? We choose to die protesting

8 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by ishiamu(m): 12:21pm On Feb 03, 2017
hotswagg12:
op is a zombie
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by MrHenshaw: 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:
African Queen crooner and frontline Nigerian Musician, Innocent Idibia formerly known as 2Face now 2Baba has decided that ‘enough is enough’ in Nigeria and he wants to protest. However, before you decide to join bandwagon of this ‘popular’ protest, these are 10 points to note:

1. With all Due Respect, 2Face is Part of the Problem

It is said that ‘he who comes to equity must come with clean hands’. 2Face by coindence had his wedding during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan and the then Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio took it upon himself to present exotic cars and other lavish gifts to the couple. Now, unless you can assure me that at least the majority of Akwa Ibom indigenes getting married under the Akpabio administration in Akwa Ibom got the same treatment, you can easily see how 2Baba and Annie Idibia not rejecting such gifts is just part of the culture of waste and abuse of power that Nigeria suffers from till today.

2. 2Face Had Access to Power and Did Little Advocacy With It

2Face is from Otukpo, the same town with former Senate President, David Mark. He is very close to the Distinguished Senator. For all the time Senator David Mark was President of the Senate between 2007-2015, 2Face never put it on record that Nigerians deserved more than they were getting. He simply hobnobbed with the No.3 citizen, often present at Senator Mark’s Otukpo home. Like he identified in his statement, Nigerians have been suffering since 1999 but when he had the opportunity to influence the country’s leadership, he did next to nothing to help create change. His newly found zeal for advocacy is coming rather late and conveniently too, Senator Mark is no longer Senate President. Remember that Nigeria earned its highest revenues ever estimated to be at least N51 trillion under former President Goodluck Jonathan, a great part of which was wasted or outrightly stolen by members of that administration. This kind of advocacy and activism would have helped at the time when ‘stealing was not corruption’. Holding it at this point is a bit suspect especially when it is clear that wholesale reforms are needed in Nigeria.

3. There are Smarter Ways to Engage Our Leaders to Make Change

There are a lot of public hearings held by the National Assembly on issues before bills are passed and signed into law, the same with public hearings on different issues. Curiously, 2Face has never thought it a good idea to engage with the system. Other young Nigerians are working to form their own political parties to contest elections and take power because they feel they can do better. These are constructive means of engaging the system to create change or influence.

4. We Do Not Need Disruptive Street Protests for the Government to Know Nigerians are Suffering

Does 2Face listen to the radio, watch TV or read the comments of Nigerians on online fora? I say this not to undermine his right to protest peacefully with his supporters but to puncture his argument that the street protest is required to bring issues facing Nigerians to government’s attention.

5. A Good Way to Get Change is to Create It

I really do not think 2Face is a strategic thinker because for someone with his international acclaim and success, he has not created any major platform through which he can affect a large number of people. He is from Benue State, a state famed as the ‘food basket of the nation’. Yet 2Face has not thought it fit to key into the current government’s programme to promote agriculture but actively investing in it. This is a simple and powerful signal 2Face could have used to mobilize his teeming followers to change their mindset about agriculture with great multiplier effect on the economy and helping to improve the life of youths. You say that is the job of government? I do not dispute that government has the duty primarily to do this but as we see across the world, individuals can help bring about positive change as well. At the very least they do not increase tension in an already tense society.

6. After the Protest What Next?

After the ‘fun and games’ of the protest, what next? The government will still go ahead to try to implement its plans for the country as best it can as nations are not developed on the basis of contrived protests but on proper planning and implementation of sound strategies. If 2Face and his supporters are not presenting strategic plans to the government and engaging with it for their implementation, they are just embarking on a disruptive jamboree in the name of protest. [/b]

7. Where are We Coming From?

We are coming from a period of recklessness which I have already pointed out in the early part of this article, from Boko Haram holding large chunks of territory to unending fuel scarcity as well as impunity in our daily life. These and other problems will not disappear in a day especially when saboteurs are still trying to retain the entrenched status quo. It helps not to distract an already overburdened government with more issues that can be replaced with more constructive and patriotic activities.

8. What is 2Face’s End Game?

You might believe he just wants good governance but if you are good at deductive reasoning you will understand that if 2Face truly wanted good governance that badly, he would have taken some steps at certain critical points in time, he did not. Now that he is, do you really understand why he is coming out to protest? Unless you do not mind being a tool in a grand plot, you might want to ‘look before you leap’ (in protest).

9. Do your Parents or Loved Ones Know Where You are Going?

It is only irresponsible people that think solely of themselves in taking decisions. Have you discussed your plans to protest with your parents if you are still under them, your spouse if you are married or those close to you if you are single and living alone? Why do I ask this question? You would expect them to help get you out of trouble if the police and other security agencies decide that you should be arrested? If you do not mind being arrested, are you sure they do not mind the stress of trying to get you released if arrested?

10. You Could Lose Your Life

I am not attempting to scare you with death here because we will all die one way or the other. However, what I am pointing out is the fact that you could lose your life in this protest and then ask you if you think Nigeria’s problems are so great that they are worth dying for? 2Face has recognition by the different security agencies, some of them may even be fans, they are unlikely to ‘accidentally discharge’ bulllets towards him, the same does not apply to you. If it gets ugly, you are more exposed. If you think the issues and the risk is worth it, go ahead but if you do not think so, find other ways of expressing your unhappiness or concerns about the state of the nation.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/10-things-note-protest-2face-2baba-idibia/

This post is "dumb" and "senseless".Whoever sent you or u sent yourself,sorry to disappoint you people because the protest must hold.
There's no one on earth that doesn't have "wake-up time" or past,we are concerned about the present.And let's say 2face has realised his mistakes "if any".

"Don't spend time analysing someone's past,concentrate on his present,it will enable you trace his future/destination".
MrHenshaw.

17 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by limeta(f): 1:18pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji post=533[s:
75587]African Queen crooner and frontline Nigerian Musician, Innocent Idibia formerly known as 2Face now 2Baba has decided that ‘enough is enough’ in Nigeria and he wants to protest. However, before you decide to join bandwagon of this ‘popular’ protest, these are 10 points to note:

It is said that ‘he who comes to equity must come with clean hands’. 2Face by coindence had his wedding during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan and the then Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio took it upon himself to present exotic cars and other lavish gifts to the couple. Now, unless you can assure me that at least the majority of Akwa Ibom indigenes getting married under the Akpabio administration in Akwa Ibom got the same treatment, you can easily see how 2Baba and Annie Idibia not rejecting such gifts is just part of the culture of waste and abuse of power that Nigeria suffers from till today.

2Face is from Otukpo, the same town with former Senate President, David Mark. He is very close to the Distinguished Senator. For all the time Senator David Mark was President of the Senate between 2007-2015, 2Face never put it on record that Nigerians deserved more than they were getting. He simply hobnobbed with the No.3 citizen, often present at Senator Mark’s Otukpo home. Like he identified in his statement, Nigerians have been suffering since 1999 but when he had the opportunity to influence the country’s leadership, he did next to nothing to help create change. His newly found zeal for advocacy is coming rather late and conveniently too, Senator Mark is no longer Senate President. Remember that Nigeria earned its highest revenues ever estimated to be at least N51 trillion under former President Goodluck Jonathan, a great part of which was wasted or outrightly stolen by members of that administration. This kind of advocacy and activism would have helped at the time when ‘stealing was not corruption’. Holding it at this point is a bit suspect especially when it is clear that wholesale reforms are needed in Nigeria.

There are a lot of public hearings held by the National Assembly on issues before bills are passed and signed into law, the same with public hearings on different issues. Curiously, 2Face has never thought it a good idea to engage with the system. Other young Nigerians are working to form their own political parties to contest elections and take power because they feel they can do better. These are constructive means of engaging the system to create change or influence.

4. We Do Not Need Disruptive Street Protests for the Government to Know Nigerians are Suffering

Does 2Face listen to the radio, watch TV or read the comments of Nigerians on online fora? I say this not to undermine his right to protest peacefully with his supporters but to puncture his argument that the street protest is required to bring issues facing Nigerians to government’s attention.

I really do not think 2Face is a strategic thinker because for someone with his international acclaim and success, he has not created any major platform through which he can affect a large number of people. He is from Benue State, a state famed as the ‘food basket of the nation’. Yet 2Face has not thought it fit to key into the current government’s programme to promote agriculture but actively investing in it. This is a simple and powerful signal 2Face could have used to mobilize his teeming followers to change their mindset about agriculture with great multiplier effect on the economy and helping to improve the life of youths. You say that is the job of government? I do not dispute that government has the duty primarily to do this but as we see across the world, individuals can help bring about positive change as well. At the very least they do not increase tension in an already tense society.

After the ‘fun and games’ of the protest, what next? The government will still go ahead to try to implement its plans for the country as best it can as nations are not developed on the basis of contrived protests but on proper planning and implementation of sound strategies. If 2Face and his supporters are not presenting strategic plans to the government and engaging with it for their implementation, they are just embarking on a disruptive jamboree in the name of protest. [/b]

We are coming from a period of recklessness which I have already pointed out in the early part of this article, from Boko Haram holding large chunks of territory to unending fuel scarcity as well as impunity in our daily life. These and other problems will not disappear in a day especially when saboteurs are still trying to retain the entrenched status quo. It helps not to distract an already overburdened government with more issues that can be replaced with more constructive and patriotic activities.

You might believe he just wants good governance but if you are good at deductive reasoning you will understand that if 2Face truly wanted good governance that badly, he would have taken some steps at certain critical points in time, he did not. Now that he is, do you really understand why he is coming out to protest? Unless you do not mind being a tool in a grand plot, you might want to ‘look before you leap’ (in protest).

It is only irresponsible people that think solely of themselves in taking decisions. Have you discussed your plans to protest with your parents if you are still under them, your spouse if you are married or those close to you if you are single and living alone? Why do I ask this question? You would expect them to help get you out of trouble if the police and other security agencies decide that you should be arrested? If you do not mind being arrested, are you sure they do not mind the stress of trying to get you released if arrested?

I am not attempting to scare you with death here because we will all die one way or the other. However, what I am pointing out is the fact that you could lose your life in this protest and then ask you if you think Nigeria’s problems are so great that they are worth dying for? 2Face has recognition by the different security agencies, some of them may even be fans, they are unlikely to ‘accidentally discharge’ bulllets towards him, the same does not apply to you. If it gets ugly, you are more exposed. If you think the issues and the risk is worth it, go ahead but if you do not think so, find other ways of expressing your unhappiness or concerns about the state of the nation.

[/s]
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by maclatunji: 2:18pm On Feb 03, 2017
MrHenshaw:

This post is "dumb" and "senseless".Whoever sent you or u sent yourself,sorry to disappoint you people because the protest must hold.
There's no one on earth that doesn't have "wake-up time" or past,we are concerned about the present.And let's say 2face has realised his mistakes "if any".

"Don't spend time analysing someone's past,concentrate on his present,it will enable you trace his future/destination".
MrHenshaw.

Read yourself... LOL
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by rose54321: 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
Dude, no offense but you mean you took your time to write this s.hit.

Damn, we truly need more jobs in Nigeria.
We practice a democracy, citizens can protest at any time for any reason, so long as it's peaceful.

Why is the government so scared.
Though its quite shameful sha, that the first ever protest led by a non politician is against an administration of "change", an opposition government that we expected so much from.

Tsk tsk, it's unfortunate,but not our fault that the administration didn't perform.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by maclatunji: 2:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
rose54321:
Dude, no offense but you mean you took your time to write this s.hit.

Damn, we truly need more jobs in Nigeria.
We practice a democracy, citizens can protest at any time for any reason, so long as it's peaceful.

Why is the government so scared.
Though its quite shameful sha, that the first ever protest led by a non politician is against an administration of "change", an opposition government that we expected so much from.

Tsk tsk, it's unfortunate,but not our fault that the administration didn't perform.

And where did I write that it should not hold even from the title or you decided to drop understanding because you do not like what I wrote?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by blackfase(m): 2:42pm On Feb 03, 2017
I'm sure the writer of this trash is a youth. I believe there's something terribly wrong with the youths of this country/ generation, especially that cross-section that has chosen to be bellicose with this struggle. They are the true microcosm of that argument, which reinforces that nagging and disturbing fear that the steady decline of this our generation is completely lost and totally irredeemable....

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by rose54321: 2:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

And where did I write that it should not hold even from the title or you decided to drop understanding because you do not like what I wrote?

You condemned the messenger instead of listening to the message.
Just like they said "isn't that the carpenters son",
Yes Jesus was the carpenters son, yet God chose a mere carpenter to father his son.

The messenger is insignificant, weigh the message, if it makes sense, join the cause, if it doesn't stay in your house.

Simple.
Don't come online and form Saint. "Every saint has a past and every sinner a future."

13 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Oluwaremythe(m): 2:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
charliboy654:

Tuface is part of the problem, u say u want good governance, but u receive gifts from corrupt politicians. How does that sound. Wit all the money he has how much has he invest in Nigeria, finally why didn't he protest for good governance all this while, or he just realized Nigeria need good governance?
Oga,d hardship now is unbearable,last time I checked,tuface is financially stable....we ain't protesting bkos of tuface,we truly(I personally)can't bear dis high cost of living anymore.....leave political plots outta dis issue.....we cnt be suffering&smiling 4eva abeg.... mind yu,I was a buhari advocate too,and now we ain't saying he's(buhari) d country's problem..no,bt let him take dramatic measures in bringing d prices of things bck to normal....certain notes like 10,20,50&100naira are bkomin useless gradually

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Handsomebeing(m): 2:51pm On Feb 03, 2017
God punish you and your write up

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by jesus500(m): 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
Don't discourage people from doing what is constitutionally allowed, don't just sit down and write, proffer solutions as well. I stand with 2baba.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
This OP lacks common-sense.

What does Tuface stand to gain, individually for this protest ?

Why the personal attack on Tuface when all he is fighting for, is for the entire masses ?

Answer these questions and may be it will evoke common-sense in you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by maclatunji: 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
blackfase:
I'm sure the writer of this trash is a youth. I believe there's something terribly wrong with the youths of this country/ generation, especially that cross-section that has chosen to be bellicose with this struggle. They are the true microcosm of that argument, which reinforces that nagging and disturbing fear that the steady decline of this our generation is completely lost and totally irredeemable....

Tell this to 2Face that could not help his friends in power at the time to make the country better. All this grammar for moi? You are far too kind.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Babaevans1(m): 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
The Op is as useless as shit. Idiot

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by AntiWailer: 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
Leopantro:
who will benefit from the protest, tuface or Nigerians?

Nobody
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by tommykiwi(m): 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:
African Queen crooner and frontline Nigerian Musician, Innocent Idibia formerly known as 2Face now 2Baba has decided that ‘enough is enough’ in Nigeria and he wants to protest. However, before you decide to join bandwagon of this ‘popular’ protest, these are 10 points to note:

Zombie!!! Who U help?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by dikeigbo2(m): 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
Op,weldone for this your failed project cool

8 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
Is this post intended to discourage protesters?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by 0b10010011: 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
Nailing

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

6 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
Make the writer go siddon for hell!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by makazona(m): 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
Trash. As far as I am concerned, Nigerians are the most patient people on earth.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by luvinhubby(m): 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
Even if you people type and post nonsense from Lagos to Los Angeles, Nigerians are heading for a show down on Monday, Feb. 6th.
It is beyond Tuface now.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by lawrenzi(m): 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
@OP you fvcked up mehnn, you are a big fan of APC. Take several seats and watch tu baba protest

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by nelcliff(m): 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
charliboy654:

Well suit urself, but one thing u should know is that even if buhari step down today, Nigeria problems will still continue. Yrs of mismanagement by previous govt is what is crippling our economy. And there's nothing anyone can do abt it. Even of PDP get power back, the suffering continues.

I spot another Rubbish Again... Hahahahahahahahaha...

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by shawl: 2:56pm On Feb 03, 2017
Much respect bruv.
But many are stereotyped.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by laffwitmi: 2:56pm On Feb 03, 2017
PDP and ipod protest...

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by noblito2017(m): 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

what a nonsensical post.What has 2face wedding has to do with the sufferings of the masses

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
OP U ARE THE BIGGEST FOOL ALIVE.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by chuksjuve(m): 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
10 reasons cowards give in the face of adversity

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Peter Okoye Responds To Paul Okoye's Shade: "My Brother, I Have Moved On" / Ned Nwoko Surprises Wife Regina Daniels With Lexus Bulletproof SUV Val's Gift / DJ And Hypeman, FlexyNaija Poisoned To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.