Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,935 members, 7,814,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia (59455 Views)

Blackface Angry As Faze Performs Plantashun Boiz Song Together With 2face / Charly Boy To Protest With NLC And TUC In Lagos Tomorrow / Gabriel Afolayan Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest With A Hilarious Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by plaetton: 6:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/10-things-note-protest-2face-2baba-idibia/

Conventional wisdom says that intelligent people critique the message, and not the messenger.
In our experience, attacking the messenger is usually a sign of unintelligence and or cognitive dissonance .

This particular message, the thrust of this thread, has to be rated as the most ASININE assemblage of Zombie-speak I have ever encountered. sad

The first questions I ask myself while reading this op are :
What pre-Magna Carter century is this
and ,
Is the op talking aboutin Saudi Arabia or some other damn-democracy- and-free- speech monarchy ?
Or a 21st century Democratic Nigeria ?

Yes, opinions are free, and everyone has plenty to spare, but gosh!
If there was a finer word to describe( without incurring a ban) the mental and intellectual disposition of the mind that penned this piece, can someone please lend me that word.

Now, focusing on the 10 ASININE points of the op, let's go.

1. Tuface , his personal life, is not, and should never be an issue.
In fact, he has the right to be the devil yesterday, and still entitled to the free expression of his Democratic rights today.

Like I said before, only unintelligent people or ones suffering from mentally debilitating cognitive dissonance would demand a moral purity test for simple Democratic, Constitutional guaranteed expression of free speech and assembly.

2. Here the op continues with same ASININE attack on Tuface, trying to discredit him with an assemblage of meaningless babble. One can only feel nothing both a sad sympathy for the desperation of the OP, perhaps trying to earn his pay, his crumbs.

3. The op says there are smarter ways to engage those in power.
Lol. grin
I guess the OP, probably living in Saudi Arabia, has never heard of something called PROTESTS. grin
Protesting, organized or not, is the most effective means of getting the attention of those in power to the anger and frustrations of the governed.
What kind of world would we be living in today if we had the O's mindset that protesting is BAAAAD ? undecided
If even sheep and cows do PROTEST once in while.

In fact, Nigeria is as bad as it is today because Nigerians have not been doing enough protesting.

4. The op says " we do not need disruptive street protests to let the government know that we are suffering".
Well, good thing that the OP acknowledges that Nigerians are suffering. Good.
But, Yessss, we do need street protests to drive home our message. Duuuhhhh!

Again, let's take a moment to pity the OP and his desperate attempt to earn his pay.

5. The tempo of desperation increases here.
Cognitive dissonance is a terrible terrible disease.
Can someone remind the op that in his desperation, he has forgotten that Tuface is not the elected president, nor a member of governing cabinet.
Every citizen has the inalienable right to protest bad governance , breakdown of living standards, etc etc.

6. Unbelievable.
Totally idiotic.
" Let's not protest, because, ehhm ehhm, after the protest, things will not change ".
Excellent logic.
This is an Einstein moment. undecided

7. In summary, here the OP says that protesting might distract our diligent leaders( whom we just happen to be protesting against undecided) from the GREAT WORK that they might be doing.
shocked God help us !!!

8 and 9 are perhaps the greatest assemblage of stuuupid points I have ever read.
God forbid that I should ever read anything as stuuupid as 8 and 9.

10. And of course, what could we ever achieved if we don't insinuate subtle and not too subtle threats of death and injury ? grin
" Don't protest because you get hurt or get shot" seems to be the message here.
But who is going to do the shooting of peaceful protestors?
Is this Saudi Arabia?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by autonomous22: 6:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
Leopantro:
who will benefit from the protest, tuface or Nigerians?

Simple question.....nice
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by akblings(m): 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Uwafid!
If tuface's weddin was sponsored by looters and so he's not holy enof to carryout de protest,

den who wer de sponsors of St. Buhari's campaign dat made him president
Was it not looters?..
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Max24: 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
braveboy64:
[b][/b]Better dont kill your self read now before it will be too late.
Once more, thanks. Can't be scared. Seriously can't wait for Monday to come.
Power to the People !
Aluta Continua !
Victoria Ascerta !
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by madone: 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Thank you very much Op ...we have heard u .but the protest will hold.what u don't know is that nigerians have left this kind of epistle u re writing.na all this long nonSense una write confuse many pple into voting in Bubu. what we understand now re. short statements. PROTEST
must Hold. mind u.... we re coming out
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by LordOfNaira: 6:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
My advice to Nigerians is to boycott the protest. It will serve no purpose.

Change should begin with you. After leading thousands on the protest, Tuface will recieve money from his sponsors and the jobless supporters will go home with nothing.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by ofexpryz(m): 6:20pm On Feb 03, 2017
Why do you piple keep threatening us with somebody might lo their lives? Do u plan already to kill us?... Tubaba should call on som international observers to come help monitor dis protest oo before dey will start shooting innocent PIPO and claim dey are hoodlums.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Buraimohjoseph(m): 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
Your points lack substance and merit. Get a life and something to do. #istandwith2baba

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by maclatunji: 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
ofexpryz:
Why do you piple keep threatening us with somebody might lo their lives? Do u plan already to kill us?... Tubaba should call on som international observers to come help monitor dis protest oo before dey will start shooting innocent PIPO and claim dey are hoodlums.

Watch as Tubaba makes for the exit if things get ugly. Hehehehe

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by ReubenE(m): 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
Too many mad people in this country.
What purpose is this write up suppose to serve?
The OP mentioned accidental discharge, is that not an indication that the country is not feeling fine?
Rubbish....

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
Adesammy01:

Are you now saying we shouldn't even bother ourselves to make Nigeria better?
We should, but it will take time, not one yr not two yrs but a very long time, Nigeria has be looted to her knee's. for example I was made to understand that Nigeria already had the capacity to generate 5 thousand megawatts b4 1999. From 1999 till date not a single megawatt has been added to our national grid. This is the same power sector obasanjor and goodluck spent billions of naira on. Our population is growing everyday but our infrastructure is diminishing thanks to bad governance. Not only that the billions of dollars we use to get from crude oil where been looted instead of increasing our infrastructure. This was when the likes of two face and other good Nigerians should have protest for good governance. Now things has gotten so bad we just have to manage until they get better which will take another 10 to 20 yrs if we are serious.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by bezimo(m): 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
The OP should please clear out with his APC sponsored nonsense opinion.We have a monumental failure as President Buhari and you expect Nigerians to continue suffering.This is the time to voice very strong disaffection by protesting in the street against the useless government.Hopefully the International media get to cover the event.

Is the government not ashamed that it has gotten so bad that Nigerians now want to protest the failure of government, folks who helped bring in the daft called Buhari have since been in regret mode, his wife has made a call that if things continue this way, she won't vote for Buhari in 2019.What an embarrassing shame.
And some APC paid agent is here yarning garbage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 03, 2017
ReubenE:
Too many mad people in this country.
What purpose is this write up suppose to serve?
The OP mentioned accidental discharge, is that not an indication that the country is not feeling fine?
Rubbish....
Shut up, even in the US police shoot unarmed citizens, especially black males, those that mean US is not feeling fine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by maclatunji: 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2017
livinbygrace:

All dis oversabi,over know it all somebody on this forum,just typing nonsense because they have access to computer,so he never clear for una eye say kasala don burst for this country?2 square meal is not certain again,companies are slashing and reducing salaries and everything is becoming more expensive and still you are standing with BUHARI?I voted for Buhari but regreting it now.God go punish APC!!

Sight is different from vision, you are seeing the problems but obviously lack the vision to see where they came from and how they can be solved.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by ivandragon: 6:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mudley313:

I highly doubt they will start doing the right thing after this one protest, rather, they will want to fight back to suppress dissent through threats and intimidation and fear like this olodo OP is trying to do right now; remember buhari is an expert in tyrannical rule. But this is just the beginning unless things change for the better

in my humble opinion, the protest is not about making this regime do the right thing, its about stopping them from making things worse...

that's the best we can do for now.

some of us that were doing quite well less than 2 years ago are finding it difficult now, & its not because we are not making money, its because the dependants have increased & things are more expensive...

but its gradually getting to that stage that it will be 'all man for himself'...lol...

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
plaetton:

Conventional wisdom says that intelligent people critique the message, and not the messenger.
In our experience, attacking the messenger is usually a sign of intelligence and or cognitive dissonance .

This particular message, the thrust of this thread, has to be rated as the most ASININE assemblage of Zombie-speak I have ever encountered. sad

The first questions I ask myself while reading this op are :
What pre-Magna Carter century is this
and ,
Is the op talking aboutin Saudi Arabia or some other damn-democracy- and-free- speech monarchy ?
Or a 21st century Democratic Nigeria ?

Yes, opinions are free, and everyone has plenty to spare, but gosh!
If there was a finer word to describe( without incurring a ban) the mental and intellectual disposition of the mind that penned this piece, can someone please lend me that word.

Now, focusing on the 10 ASININE points of the op, let's go.

1. Tuface , his personal life, is not, and should never be an issue.
In fact, he has the right to be the devil yesterday, and still entitled to the free expression of his Democratic rights today.

Like I said before, only unintelligent people or ones suffering from mentally debilitating cognitive dissonance would demand a moral purity test for simple Democratic, Constitutional guaranteed expression of free speech and assembly.

2. Here the op continues with same ASININE attack on Tuface, trying to discredit him with an assemblage of meaningless babble. One can only feel nothing both a sad sympathy for the desperation of the OP, perhaps trying to earn his pay, his crumbs.

3. The op says there are smarter ways to engage those in power.
Lol. grin
I guess the OP, probably living in Saudi Arabia, has never heard of something called PROTESTS. grin
Protesting, organized or not, is the most effective means of getting the attention of those in power to the anger and frustrations of the governed.
What kind of world would we be living in today if we had the O's mindset that protesting is BAAAAD ? undecided
If even sheep and cows do PROTEST once in while.

In fact, Nigeria is as bad as it is today because Nigerians have not been doing enough protesting.

4. The op says " we do not need disruptive street protests to let the government know that we are suffering".
Well, good thing that the OP acknowledges that Nigerians are suffering. Good.
But, Yessss, we do need street protests to drive home our message. Duuuhhhh!

Again, let's take a moment to pity the OP and his desperate attempt to earn his pay.

5. The tempo of desperation increases here.
Cognitive dissonance is a terrible terrible disease.
Can someone remind the op that in his desperation, he has forgotten that Tuface is not the elected president, nor a member of governing cabinet.
Every citizen has the inalienable right to protest bad governance , breakdown of living standards, etc etc.

6. Unbelievable.
Totally idiotic.
" Let's not protest, because, ehhm ehhm, after the protest, things will not change ".
Excellent logic.
This is an Einstein moment. undecided

7. In summary, here the OP says that protesting might distract our diligent leaders( whom we just happen to be protesting against undecided) from the GREAT WORK that they might be doing.
shocked God help us !!!

8 and 9 are perhaps the greatest assemblage of stuuupid points I have ever read.
God forbid that I should ever read anything as stuuupid as 8 and 9.

10. And of course, what could we ever achieved if we don't insinuate subtle and not too subtle threats of death and injury ? grin
" Don't protest because you get hurt or get shot" seems to be the message here.
But who is going to do the shooting of peaceful protestors?
Is this Saudi Arabia?
Am not going to counter u, but let's watch and see if the protest will have any significant. But trust me, it won't.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Collins87: 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
I shall not protest this nonsense! Am an N-powerite..

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by refreshrate: 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The Grand delusion is believing a protest will get us out of Recession. It is going to take more than a protest. After the protest, what is next. Duh! Nothing. There is no plan, strategy or agenda to move this nation forward. It is the sum total of our collective efforts that will move us out of this recession. Not a protest.

You keep mentioning collective effort
What are you doing I've asked you're talking te te te te

Oga if you're too forgetful it was protests like this that this same breed of misfits used in propagating the likes of you into how you're thinking today.

They need to be served back in their own coin.

Buhari cannot give what he does not have. If only you people had been reasonable then when we were shouting it but alas!

Please anything to make the Neanderthal go is fine by me.
You can keep reading rich dad poor dad

For some of us things cannot continue to remain like this

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
God, help me out here, cos I'm possessed. I need the root of all evil (money) for my stress.
Cause money's like a strong prescription drug, It's got me addicted to the pleasure and the pain it inflicted.
Something about the paper with the pictures of the president's head, damn, it's like a motherfuckin' plague that spread.
It's epidemic; forgotten, forgotten it got worse. I keep my head on straight, making money ‘cause it's cursed.
Making money makes a difference day by day so I gotta stay paid, no doubt, day in and day out.
This life is like a vicious cycle called fightin' to live. No matter how hard you try, it's in death, you gotta die.
A lot of my peers didn't make it to the years to come, Did life doing right or did life living dumb.
Who has the answers? I wonder; I turn to my elders, they aged and experienced, but they can't even tell ya Or tell me that there'll be light at the end of the road.
(Why?) ‘Cause they don't even know. A million things run through my mind
You ain't gotta be in jail to be doing time.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Majidmuhammad: 6:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

OP I am yet to see the sense in this post.
1. The items given to Tuface by Governor Akpabio were they gifts or not?
2. It is fundamental human right to protest.
3. Compare the price of fuel, exchange rate, price of rice, gas and light bill at the time he was given the gift and now.
4. Can you compare the condition of the country then to now?
Now tell me you don't see any genuine reason to protest.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by ozimec(m): 6:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

See them, one agent spotted. Oga dey your house. Protest must hold.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Bennycollins: 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
Collins87:
I shall not protest this nonsense! Am an N-powerite..
. You have been bought, that is.You would never see anything wrong in this country just because of laptop and 30k or thereabout per month?I pity u honestly.
It doesn't concern u again that the price index (whether you knw what that means) in just a year has almost doubled? Not to mention so many other ills of the nation.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Majidmuhammad: 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
sekem:

Don't mind all these myopic wasted youths talking about protesting as if the said protest will change anything.

If people can't understand that change is a gradual process, then I can't help it but allow them to continue wallowing in their frustrations.

For years, we had no functional refineries. We had a very poor power situation. Our educational system has been dying. Corruption has become part of our culture. We have become a consuming and dollar dependent economy.

All these factors have in one way or the other contributed in bringing us to our present abysmal situation.

And for any rightful thinking person to expect all these problems to disappear in a day, then the person is in a serious dream.

Unfortunately, so many wasted youths we have in abundance in this country who cannot see beyond their nose already think that protesting with that two-faced music star is going to solve their problems.

I wish all of them good luck.

May you also not protest when hunger comes knocking on your door bro.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by refreshrate: 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

Visit http://opinions.ng a lot of my thoughts are posted there. We also did a how to get Nigeria out of recession series with the posts shared with top government personalities including the president on Twitter. You can check http://twitter.com/opinionsng timeline to confirm.

It is not until we are disruptive, dramatic or attention-seeking before we can influence positive change.

Despite all this

- are we still in a recession?

- does this mean your idea did not work or what?

- sincerely withing yourself do you see them going by your ideas let's be truthful to ourselves? I haven't read it and I admire your passion but do you think they do?

Have you seen your VP at davos 2017? he was still looking for how to blame previous administrations meanwhile he's supposed to be the smarter of the 2 of them. You should have seen how the lady interviewing fashied his side when it was obvious he had nothing to offer. Maybe he was thinking it was Maupe Ogun that was interviewing him or something, Bomboclat.

- why did I just buy baygon at 1450naira and still hear them mention 21k for a bag of rice at oyingbo market.

That Nigeria has competent people to get us out of this nonsense has never been the issue...the fact that you're expecting to squeeze honey out of a stone is my concern.

APC had and has no plan for this country. All they wanted was to remove GEJ and with absolutely no idea of how to handle things. The truth has been made manifest.

I'm not willing to continue my life be determined by a brood of incompetents if that's OK for you that's fine. As for me and my house we will stand with 2baba.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by ReubenE(m): 6:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
charliboy654:

Shut up, even in the US police shoot unarmed citizens, especially black males, those that mean US is not feeling fine.
Because it happens in the US means it should happen here too?
When the black males you mentioned were shot unarmed, did you criticise it or celebrated it?

Killing citizens unjustly anywhere in the world is a sign that the system is not feeling fine, and more so when it comes in the hands of those who are paid to protect us.

Cool down ok?
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

op u must also write on the topic why you shouldn't join in the protest of those standing with buhari.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by refreshrate: 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
sekem:

Don't mind all these myopic wasted youths talking about protesting as if the said protest will change anything.

If people can't understand that change is a gradual process, then I can't help it but allow them to continue wallowing in their frustrations.

For years, we had no functional refineries. We had a very poor power situation. Our educational system has been dying. Corruption has become part of our culture. We have become a consuming and dollar dependent economy.

All these factors have in one way or the other contributed in bringing us to our present abysmal situation.

And for any rightful thinking person to expect all these problems to disappear in a day, then the person is in a serious dream.

Unfortunately, so many wasted youths we have in abundance in this country who cannot see beyond their nose already think that protesting with that two-faced music star is going to solve their problems.

I wish all of them good luck.

That's the excuse for incompetence. Change is a gradual process. That clown wasted 6 months out of 48 before setting up his cabinet.

No plan no vision just the blame game taken to a while new level

Today we're almost half way through if you could make one thing going on right in this country today...just one.

Bearing in mind everyone knows the last year of every tenure is targeted at election brouhaha leaving roughly 36months to make any sense.

At this stage of our lives if we cannot see that we are being hoodwinked may we not find ourselves ion the wrong side when posterity judges.

Change is a gradual process yes if the man is competent
Pls stop deluding yourself with half truths.

Buhari simply cannot give what he does not have. Person that just had an email account in 2015 when I'm sure even you have same marking more than 10th year anniversary.

Abegi
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by sekem: 7:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
refreshrate:

That's the excuse for incompetence. Change is a gradual process. That clown wasted 6 months out of 48 before setting up his cabinet.

No plan no vision just the blame game taken to a while new level

Today we're almost half way through if you could make one thing going on right in this country today...just one.

Bearing in mind everyone knows the last year of every tenure is targeted at election brouhaha leaving roughly 36months to make any sense.

At this stage of our lives if we cannot see that we are being hoodwinked may we not find ourselves ion the wrong side when posterity judges.

Change is a gradual process yes if the man is competent
Pls stop deluding yourself with half truths.

Buhari simply cannot give what he does not have. Person that just had an email account in 2015 when I'm sure even you have same marking more than 10th year anniversary.

Abegi

So what will your protesting solve?
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by toye440: 7:20pm On Feb 03, 2017
My friend I can see u r possessed with black face disease draw closer for deliverance.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by midehill(m): 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
op d thunder wey go fire u ehn go come from grave...y we no go protest afta diz suffering
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by ericmor: 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
charliboy654:

We should, but it will take time, not one yr not two yrs but a very long time, Nigeria has be looted to her knee's. for example I was made to understand that Nigeria already had the capacity to generate 5 thousand megawatts b4 1999. From 1999 till date not a single megawatt has been added to our national grid. This is the same power sector obasanjor and goodluck spent billions of naira on. Our population is growing everyday but our infrastructure is diminishing thanks to bad governance. Not only that the billions of dollars we use to get from crude oil where been looted instead of increasing our infrastructure. This was when the likes of two face and other good Nigerians should have protest for good governance. Now things has gotten so bad we just have to manage until they get better which will take another 10 to 20 yrs if we are serious.

What those that has to do with the low standard of the economy and prices of food increasing every week? Stop discouraging people to stand for their right. Weather they change or not after the protest, at list the people has spoken and the world will know and anything can happen there after.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by ericmor: 7:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
sekem:

So what will your protesting solve?

A lot. At list you will get to know the true kind of government we have now. If they are the type that hear the cry of the people or not so people can decide coming 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe is back in my house - Lanre Gentry / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu And Wife Cynthia's First Selfie / Donjazzy Joins In The Olamide Back To Back Joke - Screen Shots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.