Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia (59442 Views)

Blackface Angry As Faze Performs Plantashun Boiz Song Together With 2face / Charly Boy To Protest With NLC And TUC In Lagos Tomorrow / Gabriel Afolayan Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest With A Hilarious Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Adonis3: 3:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
Heavance:
In every nation of the world that you see any protest, you will hardly see any citizen putting such write up somewhere before the protest....
That number 6 sounds so funny, so is the OP telling everyone to remain quiet and not protest?
If we continue this way, we will suffer in quiet ways that will make the next generation curse us with sadness in grave. Leave 2face out of it, it is a protest against the inhumane state Nigerians are experiencing.

Shit is driving me crazy mhenn..

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by ephi123(f): 3:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
[quote author=Orikinla1 post=53383892][/quote]

So what should we do with these pictures you've put up

You people never fail to disappoint.
In case you missed the memo, this protest is not about Tuface but the suffering Nigerian masses.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by permanentgrace(m): 3:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
Nonsense post. Come Monday, we all will come matching in protest. The iddiotic man who they call president is the saddest disappointment to Nigerians. Buhari is a terrible nightmare in the history of Nigeria. When Tinubu and the other useless leaders protested in 2012, what followed?

#IStandWith3Baba.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by pweshboi(m): 3:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
well well well

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by joncom(m): 3:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:
African Queen crooner and frontline Nigerian Musician, Innocent Idibia formerly known as 2Face now 2Baba has decided that ‘enough is enough’ in Nigeria and he wants to protest. However, before you decide to join bandwagon of this ‘popular’ protest, these are 10 points to note:

1. With all Due Respect, 2Face is Part of the Problem
V
It is said that ‘he who comes to equity must come with clean hands’. 2Face by coindence had his wedding during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan and the then Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio took it upon himself to present exotic cars and other lavish gifts to the couple. Now, unless you can assure me that at least the majority of Akwa Ibom indigenes getting married under the Akpabio administration in Akwa Ibom got the same treatment, you can easily see how 2Baba and Annie Idibia not rejecting such gifts is just part of the culture of waste and abuse of power that Nigeria suffers from till today.

2. 2Face Had Access to Power and Did Little Advocacy With It

2Face is from Otukpo, the same town with former Senate President, David Mark. He is very close to the Distinguished Senator. For all the time Senator David Mark was President of the Senate between 2007-2015, 2Face never put it on record that Nigerians deserved more than they were getting. He simply hobnobbed with the No.3 citizen, often present at Senator Mark’s Otukpo home. Like he identified in his statement, Nigerians have been suffering since 1999 but when he had the opportunity to influence the country’s leadership, he did next to nothing to help create change. His newly found zeal for advocacy is coming rather late and conveniently too, Senator Mark is no longer Senate President. Remember that Nigeria earned its highest revenues ever estimated to be at least N51 trillion under former President Goodluck Jonathan, a great part of which was wasted or outrightly stolen by members of that administration. This kind of advocacy and activism would have helped at the time when ‘stealing was not corruption’. Holding it at this point is a bit suspect especially when it is clear that wholesale reforms are needed in Nigeria.

3. There are Smarter Ways to Engage Our Leaders to Make Change

There are a lot of public hearings held by the National Assembly on issues before bills are passed and signed into law, the same with public hearings on different issues. Curiously, 2Face has never thought it a good idea to engage with the system. Other young Nigerians are working to form their own political parties to contest elections and take power because they feel they can do better. These are constructive means of engaging the system to create change or influence.

4. We Do Not Need Disruptive Street Protests for the Government to Know Nigerians are Suffering

Does 2Face listen to the radio, watch TV or read the comments of Nigerians on online fora? I say this not to undermine his right to protest peacefully with his supporters but to puncture his argument that the street protest is required to bring issues facing Nigerians to government’s attention.

5. A Good Way to Get Change is to Create It

I really do not think 2Face is a strategic thinker because for someone with his international acclaim and success, he has not created any major platform through which he can affect a large number of people. He is from Benue State, a state famed as the ‘food basket of the nation’. Yet 2Face has not thought it fit to key into the current government’s programme to promote agriculture but actively investing in it. This is a simple and powerful signal 2Face could have used to mobilize his teeming followers to change their mindset about agriculture with great multiplier effect on the economy and helping to improve the life of youths. You say that is the job of government? I do not dispute that government has the duty primarily to do this but as we see across the world, individuals can help bring about positive change as well. At the very least they do not increase tension in an already tense society.

6. After the Protest What Next?

After the ‘fun and games’ of the protest, what next? The government will still go ahead to try to implement its plans for the country as best it can as nations are not developed on the basis of contrived protests but on proper planning and implementation of sound strategies. If 2Face and his supporters are not presenting strategic plans to the government and engaging with it for their implementation, they are just embarking on a disruptive jamboree in the name of protest. [/b]

7. Where are We Coming From?

We are coming from a period of recklessness which I have already pointed out in the early part of this article, from Boko Haram holding large chunks of territory to unending fuel scarcity as well as impunity in our daily life. These and other problems will not disappear in a day especially when saboteurs are still trying to retain the entrenched status quo. It helps not to distract an already overburdened government with more issues that can be replaced with more constructive and patriotic activitie

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/10-things-note-protest-2face-2baba-idibia/

I hope you will write same for #istandwithbuhari....
This is corruption fighting back

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by ephi123(f): 3:07pm On Feb 03, 2017
rose54321:
Dude, no offense but you mean you took your time to write this s.hit.

Damn, we truly need more jobs in Nigeria.
We practice a democracy, citizens can protest at any time for any reason, so long as it's peaceful.

Why is the government so scared.
Though its quite shameful sha, that the first ever protest led by a non politician is against an administration of "change", an opposition government that we expected so much from.

Tsk tsk, it's unfortunate,but not our fault that the administration didn't perform.

Like serious sh..t I tell you.
Does this OP go to the same market other Nigerians do?
Is OP experiencing this same inflation at 18% +?

And yet deems it fit to write this worthless epistle up here.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 03, 2017
Dumbest epistle for lunatics!
Protest ain't about 2face,
it's a call for responsible governance!
#No stewpid propaganda can stop FAILEDbuhari 6th protest!
#The tired/demonic nomad is the WORST scam i ever voted!
#enough is ENOUGH!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Marty2020: 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
If we don't say our minds this way, i don't think the FG will know exactly how its doing us, we've been quit for close to 2years and nothing is been said or done, the protest is not against the Government, its Against bad Governance, YES the economy was Suffering but now we can't hold on to anything, it's we the masses that are suffering and its also their responsibility to protect lives on 6TH FEB 2017.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
#ISTANDWITHTUFACE cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Dahyormine(m): 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
OP I pray that [i][/i]blood [i][/i]of [i][/i]habakkuk will cleanse your soul.

Millions of people protested against trump after he was sworn in, are u telling me the protest would make him quit d presidency No, but just to let the mind of the masses known.
The same is applied to us now, we want d presidency nd those in power hear our mind.
[code][/code]istandwith2baba
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by TeamSimple(m): 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ohammadike:
#ISTANDWITH2BABA

Who has that anti zombie serum the op needs overdose
What happens after the protest?
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
Tunesh:
Little sense in this....
FTC

Tuface. He's probably planning to run for office soon.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by obc: 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
Please tell the fools. They are so annoying. I feel like flogging hell out of them. Sycophants
BlackSeptember:
Another Rubbish

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by citee(m): 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/10-things-note-protest-2face-2baba-idibia/
y

Op, why is this protest all about 2face. I have said it before that 2face is not a poor man by any stretch of imagination. He can afford not to care like a lot of our so called "prominent people". But posterity will be the judge at the end of the day. The reason people think 2face should keep quiet is the very same reason why i think he should use the platform God has given him to make his voice heard.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by ayusco85(m): 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
amiablesystems:

God punish your entire generation you rotten piece of scum. When APC was protesting did anyone stop them you retarded fool. Your mother wasted your father's sperm idiot oshi !!!

Is tu Face a PDP member of tillpeople's head begin to fall off their bodies before you know Buhari is killing people.

May your life forever remain the way Nigeria is under Buhari hypocrite oshi..

Olote oniranu. Onilara oloriburuku fellow. May the earth judge you, you filthy bastard.. God punish you !!

I say a big amen to the part that said

"May your life forever remain the way Nigeria is under Buhari hypocrite oshi.."
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by jrusky(m): 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
Please who did this write up Is he one of the Op or Mod in NL or what do you guys called NL staffs Can I called this write up a coward write up or a fearful man write up or what Pls don't take it personal I don't get your point so all what you are saying now is that what 2face or 3face want to do is wrong or what or where do you stand

From your write up it shows you are one of the apc sympathizer so just the killings of 2face people in Benue alone and nothing was done by your apc govt is not enough for protest Are you saying we should all seat and be watching people dying everyday because of stupid apc economy policy Please I need your answer.

And did you attend University or any tertiary institution ever before Because if you do you will understand that sometime people in authority only understand the language of protest. I need your answer don't get angry or take my question too personal because I was told that the NL Mods too are dictators too full of themselves they don't want anyone to challenge them, so explain better your points and tell me where you stand and who are you

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by BiafraStretMeat: 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
Terrorists might want to wreck havoc on that day.. I have a feeling innocent people will die
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Ugosample(m): 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by steppin: 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

Dissecting a man's actions and position is not attacking him. 2Face is presenting many faces that are not in congruence with his claimed agenda for protests.

People like me have more to protest about Nigeria then he does. However, heating-up the system with a false messianic sense of relevance is not the solution to our problems.

What next after the protests?
What do you mean by after the protest, what next? Ordinary agitation from a few ipob members is giving the government a serious headache.
What do you think would happen when the rest of the country protests?
You're probably working for the government, but does it mean you don't have people close to you who are suffering?
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by repogirl(f): 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
OP, right now you think this protest is a one day affair that will have no impact on anything, but you might be very surprised.

This could just be the beginning.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by TeamSimple(m): 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
SalamRushdie:
I see Lai Mohammed has sent all his dogs out to write one epistle or the other on why we should not attend the protest ... But guess what they have failed I stand gidigba with 2face

ISTANDGIDIGBAWITHTUFACE
What happens after the protest? After subsidy protest of 120 per litre,we are now buying fuel for 145..Same old music jamboree
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by horlabiyi(m): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Lai Mohammed boys are out. How much are you guys earning per article?
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Day169:
GBAM!
..you have hit the nail on the head and driven the point home @maclatunji!
What scares me most is another propensity to loose human lives during the protest and the blame game which would follow.

Our forefathers did not make any sacrifice to bring about the Freedom of Nigeria.. indeed the Brits handed over a thriving society of intellectuals and bipartisan political landscape to our selfish, greedy and hateful forefathers. It is the reason why we cannot fight when we are being raped, we cannot cry when our children are being sodomized and we cannot talk when we are wrongfully accused. The article is a simpleton phenomenon that has bestridden the intellect and reasoning of Nigerians for over 50 years now.. let us endure, change will come, if it does not come, we will make it ourselves. pick up littered streets while governors hold back salaries and watch pensioners die in queues.. expend billions of $$ on airports that would have built 5 International airports the quality of Heathrow.. yet we attribute our circumstances to the nuances and divine intervention of unseen religious elements. ACTION is stronger than WORDS and FYI we deal not with reasonable people.. we deal with Animals who have not only mortgaged the future of innocent Nigerians. and worse they are still feeding on the hope of the poor and helpless.

If you cannot raise your voice in condemnation or TAKE A STAND like you did when GEJ was wantonly ruining Nigeria with his cohorts (Now in APC and in Buhari's Administration) then Sit at home and watch.. if this fails like all Protests in Nigeria.. you have only the poor and desperate to contend with. Good LUCK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by laginks: 3:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by jospepper(m): 3:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by permanentgrace(m): 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
maclatunji:

Dissecting a man's actions and position is not attacking him. 2Face is presenting many faces that are not in congruence with his claimed agenda for protests.

People like me have more to protest about Nigeria then he does. However, heating-up the system with a false messianic sense of relevance is not the solution to our problems.

What next after the protests?

Forget what will be after the protest. On Monday, we all will match out in full protest. Thunder fire Buhari!!!
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Mudley313: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
Heavance:
In every nation of the world that you see any protest, you will hardly see any citizen putting such write up somewhere before the protest....
That number 6 sounds so funny, so is the OP telling everyone to remain quiet and not protest?
If we continue this way, we will suffer in quiet ways that will make the next generation curse us with sadness in grave. Leave 2face out of it, it is a protest against the inhumane state Nigerians are experiencing.

They're mostly being paid to do it, if not, I don't know what to say. Even when Fela sang suffering and smiling Nigeria was even far better than it is now so it probably could just be a Nigerian mentality; I remember when Abacha the tyrannic despot was alive people actually organized a million man march in support of his planned transition from military to civilian ruler, smh
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by DivneFavour(m): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
Why are you people pained about this proposed protest by 2face? Most of you who are against this protest were the ring leaders against the 2012 protest. There are many ways to pass mass message to the govt. and protest (peaceful or violent) is the quickest means.
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
BlackSeptember:
AAnother Rubbish Again

As old as you are you are not ashamed of trolling the internet. If you don't have anything meaningful to contribute why don't you get off the internet. Which one is "a another rubbish". Haba!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by obakore20(m): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
charliboy654:

Nobody, the protest won't change anything?

so you think. Your thought though
Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by Lescott7(m): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
Is the Op against 2face or the protest?
None of the points raised is solid and convincing. If the Op is happy with the hardship, he can just tell us not by saying trash.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Note Before You Protest With 2face Idibia by maclatunji: 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
rose54321:

You condemned the messenger instead of listening to the message.
Just like they said "isn't that the carpenters son",
Yes Jesus was the carpenters son, yet God chose a mere carpenter to father his son.

The messenger is insignificant, weigh the message, if it makes sense, join the cause, if it doesn't stay in your house.

Simple.
Don't come online and form Saint. "Every saint has a past and every sinner a future."

It can be quite foolish to ignore the messenger- would you listen to 'I love you' from a mad man on the street?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ras Kimono Is Dead! / Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa / Wizkid Welcomes 2nd Baby With Guinean Model [PICS] -- TunezMediaBlog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.