Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years (14514 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / She Is Married But She Called Her Ex For Christmas Gift / Can You Share A Bed With Your Ex For A Night Without Anything Happening? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by rhufffryda(m): 9:51am On Dec 03, 2009
even though you have not heard from that person in that period? I think about her every single day since we broke up but i do not have a clue as to where she is,
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by Ben13: 9:55am On Dec 03, 2009
It's weird!
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by Godmother(f): 10:16am On Dec 03, 2009
5 years shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 03, 2009
now that is called amazingly weird true love
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by rhufffryda(m): 11:51am On Dec 03, 2009
Its strange but true. it is not like we had a perfect relationship., she had her faults and i had mine faults but i still think about her. it is really strange

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by echobee(f): 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2009
yes,u can still be in luv.
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by ayomidej(f): 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2009
YES grin
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by foyeks2001(f): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2009
yes, is possible
then type her name on facebook or goggle her name
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2009
people have been known to remain in love with their exes for over twenty years.

i heard a story like that from my mum.

i'd get over the ex if I were you.

what a waste of time and emotional energy.

You can still like someone for longer than that, but to have intense feelings for such a long time? And its not like marriage or anything was involved?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by Dclique(m): 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2009
Its very possible. It just means you are still attached to the person emotionally.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by Dclique(m): 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2009
But its weird sha. . .
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by abasssgirl(f): 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2009
My dear,

YES

It is nothing weird about it - that is called REAL and TRUE love, I hope you find her! wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2009
YES! I'm in your shoes and i'm hitting 5 yrs next yr myself.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by MightyMuna(m): 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2009
Definitely. I broke up with my ex 2 years ago, and I still think of her from time to time. She gave me the happiest moments in my life and also the saddest moments. I can never forgive her, but I will never forget her (no matter how hard I try).

Hopefully, my wife will make me forget her.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2009
Why did you break up in the first place?
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by nene1: 5:08am On Dec 04, 2009
michelin89:

Why did you break up in the first place?

That's what I was wondering the whole time I was reading this thread. Was it the ex who broke the relationship? I'm thinking that would make more sense otherwise if you feel that strongly about someone why are you not together? Well, I guess the other person does not feel the same way b/c otherwise wouldn't they have gotten back with you if they are still very much in love as well? Its a waste of emotional energy to obsess over someone who is probably enjoying their time with their new significant other. I hope some people don't still go into even marriage while still in love with their ex. I am surprised it is the men here who are saying they are still in love with their ex after X years. I though it was usually girls who had a harder time letting go after being so attached to someone.

So for those who said you are still in love with your ex after a certain number of years, have you been dating other people during that time?

Well I've never been in love so I guess I could not understand why some people could latch on so long on someone who probably doesn't return the same feelings. What could be so special about someone that it would take so long to forget?
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by hamziwhiz(m): 5:47am On Dec 04, 2009
You see!
thats why i`m stll afraid to fall in luv i dont want a heart break!!!
I can only imagine how miserable you`ve been all this while,
sorry oooo,

Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by galatico(m): 8:21am On Dec 04, 2009
Yeah it's true, am speaking from personal experience, I broke up with my Ex-Girl, it's been more than 5years and still love her, I wish everyday that she should come back, would I say that is MISSION IMPOSSIBLE?
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by rhufffryda(m): 8:34am On Dec 04, 2009
its good to know other people feel the same way. i have dated other girls, both the good the bad the ugly from diffferent races but i cant forget about this girl. it is not like she is extra beautiful or anything. i just do not know. mayb she has hypnotized me with some charms. grin

last i heard about her, she broke up with her fiancee. should i be happy or sad

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2009
I guess it wasn't love then. . .cus after a couple of weeks to few months. . .mehnn. . .you history!

5years. . .simply absurd to be stringing yourself to an ex!
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by thaira(f): 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2009
@Nene1, I broke up with him cos he IS an unrepentant player.
for fouryears, I still thought about him, even if its to cuss him. I think when two people connect on a physical and intellectual plane, they have the best of connections, forget what MTN says.
I will not go back to him though, my present guy has done the final work in erasing him from my mind. I pray all who are going through that kind of ex-love thing will meet their own eraser.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by ebila(m): 2:12pm On Dec 04, 2009
@poster,
U definately ain't d only one in dat position.However,u hav chosen not to let her go.If u want to forget about her,u can do dat using various methods.There's bin post on how to get over an ex,check 'em out n u'll c how u can help ur situation.U can also visit this link lavitacounsel..com.Fact is,if u don't let her go,u may not be able to love anyone else cos she will still occupy that space dat d new person would've occupied.Goodluck man!
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by MoneyRule(m): 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2009
This is earth bro, anything is possible!
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by Aphys: 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2009
TRUE LOVE! DOES YOUR RELATIONSHIP HAVE IT

“Love” is used so commonly everyday. People say it everyday, whether they mean it or not. For people in a relationship/ marriage, they use it as a show of commitment to the relationship. For the partners, nothing is more pleasing than being told (repeatedly) that one is loved.

Being told that you are loved is not enough. You have to know whether you have true love in your relationship. The confirmation of the type of love you have in your relationship will go a long way of affirm your commitment to that relationship.
So, it is possible,that is if you understand love. To read more about love and marriage,visit, http://secretstomaritalsuccess..com/
Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by Raymond247(m): 12:26am On Dec 05, 2009
It is 100% possible, most expecially when it comes to dating someone else that does not understands ur patern of relationship like ur ex does, u just feel like going back to her,
piece of advice! If ur heart is still after her try and look for her its possible that she might be the only one that understands ur love language.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Still Be In Love With An Ex For 5 Years by okikiosibodu(m): 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
Well, I wil say it is very possible, even if the reason for the break up is from the other partner. I for one, think of my ex every blessed day I was up and every night before sleeping since the very day we broke up (not exaggeration l. 8t is more that 18 months now. We were together for more than 3 years and it was a NO SEX UNTIL MARRIAGE kind of relationship.
As much as I miss her and wish we never separated, the BEST decision is for us to separate if I want to live long and have peace of mind in good health. Though she was, and is still a great person, fun to be with, but it just can't work out between us.
So back to your question, the answer is yes.... The feeling can still be great.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

/ Leaked Chat: "Black Guys Have Low Self-esteem And Love Us" - White Girl / What Planet Are These Mixed-looking Igbo Women From? Are They Really Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.