Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,741 members, 7,809,834 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User (30450 Views)

Northwest APC Lawmakers Endorse Buhari, Northern Youths Kick / "You Can’t Decide For Buhari" — Northern Leaders Reply Obasanjo / Arewa Youths To FFK: Stop Insulting Buhari, Northern Leaders Or Face Our Wrath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by Lasskeey: 10:05am On Feb 04, 2017
grin

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by ayindejimmy(m): 10:05am On Feb 04, 2017
Drversatile:

God bless you, I tell people but they don't believe

You fellas are hilarious!
There's NO looting under Gej and Obanikoro
agreed to return over 700m?

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/obanikoro-i-am-ready-to-refund-the-money-i-stole-while-in-government/

Have you guys been living in caves?!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:06am On Feb 04, 2017
jospepper:
when a barrel of crude was $20 dollars, the exchange rate was 80 naira to a dollar. Dollars are scarse because foreign investors have pulled out about $80b from the economy due to the lack of a proper economic direction by this administration. The cluelessness of this administration is legendary, it took six months to assemble a cabinet and an economic team, within that period investors pulled out their investment s because of the uncertainties that still persist till now.

The Foreign investors came in because of the amount of money they would make due to the high exchange rate. If Crude Sells over a hundred dollars tomorrow, those investors will return. There is scarce dollars in the system. The exchange rate was already bad before these companies pulled out.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by martineverest(m): 10:06am On Feb 04, 2017
kayLion:

Sir, are you saying there is no looting going on under PMB?!
no,he op's inference is that its better to return to looting
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by Lasskeey: 10:09am On Feb 04, 2017
cool

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 04, 2017
Nigerian youths are so dumb

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:10am On Feb 04, 2017
Zi:

Create your own brand. It doesn't have to be a competition between you and the existing brand. The stage is wide, it can take everyone, provided you are creative.

I am not part of the production crew. I just like MC Reality's jokes and shared the video. I think the Emmanuella tag is just for marketing.

If you watch the video, many jokes there did not include Ada.
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by Kanyekels(m): 10:10am On Feb 04, 2017
Where is Prophet Onatisi You predicted these things and they are gradually coming to pass.
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by larrytorch(m): 10:11am On Feb 04, 2017
Nigerians keep throwing shades at each other because Buhari emerge as the President. Truth be told GEJ was no better. Most are just blinded by bigotry. Come any election I would never still vote for GEJ, that's not to say I'd vote PMB either. Nigeria was not as worse as this, does not make GEJ an angel.

Nigerians should stop holding on to the rubbish past but look forward to having a better tomorrow. Come 2019, vote PMB out and let's try another person who can take Nigeria on the right path.

Quote me, Nigeria will never be better if we see the real truth and not tell it. Till both Political and Ethnic bigotry is reduced to a significant extent, don't expect a better Nigeria. Politicians will still continue to serve you with propaganda and manipulate you, because they know you are blind.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by Lordsocrates: 10:12am On Feb 04, 2017
swimmer:

The avengers have stopped for almost a year and oil sells fir over 50$ per barrel. Be informed

so now from 40 to 50, and with the IOC's saying they wont repair the bombed pipelines

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/204653-shell-confirms-avengers-attacks-forcados-pipelines-suspends-oil-exports-indefinitely.html

and you want to enjoy all the things you enjoyed with oil at &140-120 per barrel. with 2million plus drilled daily ?

una get plennnnty sense oo, I dey hail

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 04, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
Na wa.

Dollars was available during GEJ's time because of massive inflow of dollars. It means dollars was not scarce due to high prices of Crude Oil and sales in large quantities.

Today, due to the drop in demand of Crude Oil internationally, low Crude Price and disturbances in the Niger Delta, there is less dollars in the system. There is low sales with low Crude Oil Prices. This makes dollars scarce and the high exchange rate.

So it is not a case of massive looting or massive savings.

tell them o.

It's simple logic. no one needs an economics degree to understand that.

why are people just dumb!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by ipreach: 10:16am On Feb 04, 2017
l

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by guiddoti: 10:19am On Feb 04, 2017
Drversatile:

God bless you, I tell people but they don't believe
Really? If I should understand you, why are these politicians returning looted fund? kinda funny to return money I did not steal.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by Splashme: 10:22am On Feb 04, 2017
okosodko:
There was no looting under jonathan, it was just propaganda. The looting going on now is epic coupled with tribalism and injustice. Any currency will melt under these conditions
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by Orikinla1: 10:26am On Feb 04, 2017
okosodo:
There was no looting under jonathan, it was just propaganda. The looting going on now is epic coupled with tribalism and injustice. Any currency will melt under these conditions
You are just a shameless liar?
There was no looting, so why are the looters on trial returning their loot?

Errand boy of looters.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by luvinhubby(m): 10:26am On Feb 04, 2017
martineverest:
its really appalling that educated nigerians are writing all these.

As a non-partisan,who isnt happy with the current leadership,i admit that d current situation is as a result of massive looting.

The problem with most nigerians is that they dont learn from history.

Is he isinuating that we go back to looting?

Really? shocked

So what logic explains a healthy economy in the midst of massive looting and a blasted economy in midst of agressive saving?
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by PHILipu1(m): 10:27am On Feb 04, 2017
malware:
I came across this question asked by a facebook user who happen to be a Northerner, on the incessant hike in the dollar exchange rate. See the question:

How did the Dollar stay at N170 for 4 years under "massive looting of surpluses"? How is it now at N510 under "massive savings"? Why?
what was the selling price of Crude oil during that period of massive looting and what is the selling price of crude oil now during this period of massive saving?

How many barrels were we selling during massive looting and how many barrel are we selling now with bombing of oil pipe line by PDP agents called militants during this massive saving period?

If you can find this answers,then you will know why the dollar is up.

#Buhari till 2023

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 04, 2017
BlackSeptember:
The Northerner are tired but religious sentiments won't allowed them to speak up.

Fizznation has gone under

When you talk of northerners there is the educated middle/upper class northerners who are enlightened enough to know that this government has failed.Then we have the zealots. The un-enlightened like sarrki and madrid guy whose knowledge of governance is limited to catching and prosecuting wrong doers and hero worship

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by ilynem(m): 10:36am On Feb 04, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
Na wa.

Dollars was available during GEJ's time because of massive inflow of dollars. It means dollars was not scarce due to high prices of Crude Oil and sales in large quantities.

Today, due to the drop in demand of Crude Oil internationally, low Crude Price and disturbances in the Niger Delta, there is less dollars in the system. There is low sales with low Crude Oil Prices. This makes dollars scarce and the high exchange rate.

Been waiting for one reasonable comment sir and you just nailed it. These people need to be educated.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by alezzy13: 10:36am On Feb 04, 2017
luvinhubby:

Really? shocked

So what logic explains a healthy economy in the midst of massive looting and a blasted economy in midst of agressive saving?

WHAT DA BLITHERING FCCCK ARE U YAPPING ABOUT??

YOUR DARLING "STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION" GEJ MADE ABOUT 51TRILLION FCKING NAIRA DURING HIS TENURE. THAT IS MORE THAN OBJ, YARADUA, AND PMB PUT TOGETHER.

HENCE LOOTING OF JUST A FEW BILLIONS HERE AND THERE WOULD NOT MAKE A SERIOUS DENT, MORESO AS PETROL DOLLARS WERE STILL FLOWING IN WHICH WAS ABLE TO MEET THE DEMAND, SO THE FOREX REMAINED STABLE. GEEZ. angry angry angry

WHAT ON EARTH IS REALLY WRONG WITH YOU NIGERIANS? WHY SO BLINDED BY BIGOTRY AND CLANNISHNESS

LORD HAVE MERCY.
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by link2ok(m): 10:39am On Feb 04, 2017
ArcFresky:

I am not saying Buharis govt has been good. But don't you think the problem might be our thirst for foreign goods?
Or have you ever bought a car assembled in Nigeria?
It was even Here someone was complaning he can't eat imported rice anymore.

See the problem in the 1980's maybe was PMB's fault, but today's problem is our collective fault..
1. Everyone wants imported goods
2. Govt bans imported goods ( which makes it v.expensive) then local manufacturers jackup their prices.. E.g chicken, turkey, rice.. E.t.c
3. Govt abuse power, we just sit down, watch and pray our turn comes to get into govt.

So you see its our fault. And until we are ready, nothing will change.

@bolded you didn't even accept it was his fault. We where assembling cars b4 the illiterate came on board.

It's his entire fault where we are today.
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by citee(m): 10:41am On Feb 04, 2017
Lordsocrates:
Idiots like this glory on their ignorance and feel they know all.
by 2014 oil started falling and when it was sold for 76dollar per barrel, and Nigeria exporting 2million Barrels a day.. NOI Came out to tell us to prepare for hard time.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html

and this idiot is comparing when oil our nations main n only export, sold for $140 dollars to when it fell to

20dollars

http://www.ecowatch.com/oil-prices-drop-below-30-a-barrel-for-first-time-in-12-years-1882149073.html

per barrel and only recently rose to 40dollar per barrel.
and some idiots are hoping to enjoy importing all they were importing while oil price was at 140per barrel, now that it has not just fallen to 40dollar per barrel, but we are exporting less than a million barrel per day as a result of the Avengers.

i

Bros what was the price of crude oil during Obasanjo's time and what was the exchange rate back then. I agree with those who have said that PMB body language chased away foreign investors who would have brought in alternative forex into the system.
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by alezzy13: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2017
Just for the records, I'm not saying this government has lived to expectation. The overwhelming consensus is that it has failed woefully.

However its only a truly sick and bigotry-laden soul that would begin to compare GEJ's regime with PMB's. GEJ had all the time, goodwill and RESOURCES (check: 51Trillion) to make this country a super power, but he bungled it so spectacularly and was kicked out.
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 04, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
Na wa.

So the economic policies of the present administration did not contribute in any way?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by Babalegba(m): 10:50am On Feb 04, 2017
This thread shows that many Nigerians are irredeemably stupid even after years of schooling. Of course with oil selling at about 110 dollars per barrel the naira would hold firm against the dollar .Moronic country.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by jboycrb(m): 10:51am On Feb 04, 2017
Thank you for educating them. Cos all they know is to shout Buhari.

Lordsocrates:
take for example, Your Dad was working at shell, earning 140,000 naira every week, and you guys were swimming In money flexing it as however you liked.

however, as a result of unforseen circumstances, the company reviewed his salary. and he is now earning just 40,000 from the 140,000 and instead of earning it a week, he is jus earning it a month.

So tell me, will you people still be buying the latest cars and having loads of money to spare, now that your dads means of revenue has taken an 80% slash, from 140,000 to 40,000, and from earning it per week to earning the 40,000 per month.
if you guys didn't save up money for a rainy day like now, won't you guys no start selling off your luxuries to survive,

Nigeria problem is easy to understand, Just that some folks are just tooooo dumb, same way our leaders were too dumb to not save up in time of plenty.

shebi the say "Our Hero, " ? its easier to see that the dumbness is viral, from mentor to mentees " the apple really didn't fall far from the tree.
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by swimmer: 10:54am On Feb 04, 2017
Lordsocrates:

so now from 40 to 50, and with the IOC's saying they wont repair the bombed pipelines

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/204653-shell-confirms-avengers-attacks-forcados-pipelines-suspends-oil-exports-indefinitely.html

and you want to enjoy all the things you enjoyed with oil at &140-120 per barrel. with 2million plus drilled daily ?

una get plennnnty sense oo, I dey hail

Na u get sense? U didn't knw d govt then wa subsidizin fuel and also defending the naira?
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by onatisi(m): 11:10am On Feb 04, 2017
Kanyekels:
Where is Prophet Onatisi You predicted these things and they are gradually coming to pass.
I told ppl it will be 515 by February. Let mw just siddon dey watch buhari and Nigerians drama

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by Elhabeeb1(m): 11:43am On Feb 04, 2017
malware:
I came across this question asked by a facebook user who happen to be a Northerner, on the incessant hike in the dollar exchange rate. See the question:

How did the Dollar stay at N170 for 4 years under "massive looting of surpluses"? How is it now at N510 under "massive savings"? Why?

Between 2008-2015 crude oil was sold at an average of $100 per barrel with an average output of about 2 million barrels per/day. Thus there was massive inflow of dollars into the country during that period. Now compare it with when this present government came in, crude oil sold at less than $40 per barrel with an out average of less than 1 million barrel/day (sabotage by militants) a empty treasury.
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
mrdcai:

So the economic policies of the present administration did not contribute in any way?

The Policies are just stunts to save an economy destroyed by the wastage of the past administration. The harm was done when we did not diversify the economy and save for a rainy day.
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by AndyCole16(m): 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2017
amarachi06:
Thank God our wailers form has finished cos we have stopped accepting people. As for PMB, he knows his time has passed but just wanted to mess us up again before dying and for rejecting him.
My problem is with those that repackaged a brain dead individual to head a complex Country with no economic or education to his advantage. In a sane Country, he will be given EFCC chairman since he admires corruption.
You are sweet...damn
Re: Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User by 4Play(m): 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The Policies are just stunts to save an economy destroyed by the wastage of the past administration. The harm was done when we did not diversify the economy and save for a rainy day.

Writing in blue fonts does not make what you are writing less nonsensical.

Lets remember that according to our government, the Nigerian recession started in the first quarter of 2016. However, much of the collapse in oil prices largely happened in the 2nd half of 2014.* By December 2014, oil prices were below $60, and given Boko Haram on rampage and uncertainty due to the impending elections, a recession should easily have occurred in the first half of 2015 if GEJ's policies were the primary cause of the 2016 recession.

Yes, the economy was under pressure due to the oil price collapse but the spectacular nature of the Naira's collapse and the recession of 2016 can be traced back to 2 things: Buhari's stubborn insistence on a fixed exchange regime and the general lack of policy reform to address the economy's structural weaknesses.

Today, oil prices are above $50 and there is little sign of improvement. I have noticed the propagandists are hard at work highlighting the increase in forex reserves as a result forgetting that under Abacha's lootacracy, forex reserves also went from $500m to $9bn. An economy's health is measured by wage growth/improvement in living standards arising from GDP growth. Buhari has been a comprehensive economic failure and this was completely and utterly predictable as I highlighted in my 7th May 2015 post:

4Play:
I think GEJ was the least bad of 2 crap options. GEJ was a spineless buffoon who aided and abetted corruption but he didn't, unlike Buhari, have an affinity for economically illiterate policies.

Unlike most people, I believe that inept economic policies are a bigger vice than corruption. Buhari's first tenure was an ode to economic ineptitude. Corruption will still carry on regardless, at best to a lesser degree, but the avalanche of daft policies will be his greatest undoing.

*I say this because a price collapse from $100 p/b to $60 p/b (a loss in earnings of $40 p/b) is more painful than a loss from $60 to $50.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING: Sowore Is With Us, Says DSS / BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed / Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.