Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed (30454 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Accuses Peter Obi Of Glorifying Poverty / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll / ''Stop Glorifying Thieves’' - President Buhari Appeals To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by boman2014: 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2022
The federal government says it will penalise the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and Daily Trust over their documentaries on terrorism and banditry in Nigeria.

Lai Mohammad, minister of information and culture, said this in Abuja on Thursday.

“Let me assure you, they will not get away with this naked glorification of terrorism and banditry in Nigeria,” Mohammad said.

In a 50-minute documentary titled ‘The Bandit Warlords of Zamfara’, published on Monday, the BBC Africa Eye provided insight into the mindset of bandit kingpins, the booming kidnap-for-ransom industry, and how Zamfara’s insecurity may have been brought on by the ethnic conflict between Hausa and Fulani groups.

In March, Daily Trust TV, an arm of Daily Trust Newspaper, published a special report and documentary which exposed major issues around banditry in Nigeria. Non-state actors like Bello Turji was interviewed in the documentary.

Bello Kachalla, better known as Turji, is a notorious bandit leader who operates in northern Nigeria, particularly Zamfara, Sokoto and Niger state.

“All I can say is that there is a regulatory body, the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) and they are also aware of these incidents and are looking at which part of the broadcasting codes have been violated by both the BBC and the Daily Trust,” the minister said.

“But I can assure you that there will be consequences. For those who will argue that BBC is a foreign broadcaster and as such, it is not licensed by NBC, let me assure you, they will not get away with this naked glorification of terrorism and banditry in Nigeria.

“I have said it many times here that the media is the oxygen that the terrorists and bandits need to breathe. When other reputable platforms like BBC now give their platform to terrorists, showing their faces as if they are Nollywood stars, what does that means? I want to assure them they won’t get away with it. There are sanctions to be meted on both the BBC and the Daily Trust.”

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-bbc-daily-trust-will-face-sanctions-for-glorifying-terrorists-says-fg/amp

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by God1000(m): 2:07pm On Jul 28, 2022
Is this some kind of joke? resorting to intimidation and harassment of media organisations is unacceptable

380 Likes 25 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by rejoice4eva(m): 2:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
Why are these people deliberately blind, shameless, hypocritically dumb, and unrepentantly wicked?
I hope your president will hear and the press will be able to report when these people carry out their threat of kidnapping......

226 Likes 16 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2022
This is what happens when fools are in corridors of power

301 Likes 18 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by rejoice4eva(m): 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2022
They thought their lies, falsehood and deception are covered!!

199 Likes 13 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by mach7(m): 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2022
Inasmuch as I am dismayed with this government, this is a right step.

The very thing terrorists need is publicity. The more our media houses keep glorifying terrorists or giving them unnecessary media attention, the more their objective is being achieved.

What the BBC does in Nigeria, I bet they will never allow a Nigerian station to do same in the UK.

27 Likes 15 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by TooMuchStuff: 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2022
BBC ! How dare you to EXPOSE Buhari boys in action inside Jungles for the whole world to see and know what is going on in Nigeria??

Even you Daily Trust too wey be Bokoharam people newspaper too?.... Habaaaa!!!!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by AsomughaChuks05: 2:26pm On Jul 28, 2022
The Federal Government of Buhari is not happy that the BBC exposed what Buhari and his security apparatus have been trying to hide for a long time that is actually Fulani herdsmen who are causing insecurity all over the country. The Fulani herdsmen are killing Hausas in Zamfara state and Hausas formed a vigilante to defend themselves which the Fulani governor Matawalle disbanded to give Fulani killers unhindered pillage and destruction. The National assembly better fastrack the impeachment process because it is now clear to all that Buhari is in bed with terrorists.

154 Likes 9 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Gandollar(f): 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2022
Shameless government!

They are angry because we were wondering and asking how BBC got to the terrorists but government forces couldn't.
Ndi ala!

157 Likes 9 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by WibusJaga: 2:35pm On Jul 28, 2022

The greatest favor terrorists can do Nigerians right now is to kidnap Buhari & Lai Mohammed. cool

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by AntiBMC(m): 2:36pm On Jul 28, 2022
Ewwee cheesy

Is BBC bokoharam or Iswap? If only they could take such decisive measures with the terrorists, we wouldn't be having this discourse. Clueless mofos

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by limeta(f): 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
mach7:

The very thing terrorists need is publicity. The more our media houses keep glorifying terrorists or giving them unnecessary media attention, the more their objective is being achieved.

What the BBC does in Nigeria, I bet they will never allow a Nigerian station to do same in the UK.

So only your terrorist APC government can get media attention

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by bennybuhari: 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2022
The same Lai who said terrorists have been Technically Defeated

40 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Fkmodhi: 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2022
Agbados and cassavas government.

19 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
Lai, why don't you use the information to go after the terrorist, shame on federal government.

45 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Omoslim26: 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
Shameless govt.
BBC biko continue your good work of exposing this criminals and their technically defeated lies and propaganda undecided

15 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Conrod: 3:00pm On Jul 28, 2022
Bbc from london was able to investigate,track and sit down with terrorist fulanis whom the nigerian dss,police ,army and all other security agencies claim are faceless and are libyans and malians,....balkanize naija now.

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Penguin2: 3:00pm On Jul 28, 2022
boman2014:
The federal government says it will penalise the British
Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and Daily Trust over their
documentaries on terrorism and banditry in Nigeria.

Lai Mohammad, minister of information and culture, said this in Abuja on Thursday.

“Let me assure you, they will not get away with this naked
glorification of terrorism and banditry in Nigeria,” Mohammad said.

“When otherwise reputable platforms like BBC give their platform to terrorists, showing their faces as if they’re Nollywood stars… I want to assure them that they won’t get away with it, the appropriate sanctions will be meted.”

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-bbc-daily-trust-will-face-sanctions-for-glorifying-terrorists-says-fg/amp

You mean, instead of going after the criminals whose faces were shown in the investigative and risky job did by BBC and Daily Trust, govt wants to rather go after the media houses and leave the criminals.

Wow!

Tinubu urchins, you see what you fools support?

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by SU50: 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2022
mach7:

Not this time when the govt is trying to stiffle any news of activities committed by those terrorists while doing almost nothing about it.

Do you know that what's reported in the media about terrorists activities is far less than what is really happening, this is just another way of making the media report less about the state of things in the region.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by JohnBullMySon: 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2022
mach7:

I disagree with you. Education is extremely important here. It is very necessary to let people see these issues beyond ordinary media and understand the root of these problems.

It is lack of understanding about these bandits that make Nigerians resort to fake stories and blame games about the causes behind insecurity. The more Nigerians understand these issues for what they really are, the more likely it is to be solved.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Gadafii: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2022
Stupid old man

Liar Muhammed, your go soon leave office, karma will catch up with you, remember aregbesola treatment, you and your likes go collect am

22 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Mindlog: 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2022
Lai Mohammed is in dire need of psychiatric assessment. angry

18 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Vickym1(f): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2022
U see Y apshit is irredeemable, they refused to arrest those terrorists upon knowing their location then BBC now helped them to locate those terrorists and also to let Nigerians know what is happening in the North.

Lai Mohammed is ashamed after telling the world that Nigeria is peaceful corn-tree

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by khadaffi(m): 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2022
Gandollar:
Shameless government!

They are angry because we were wondering and asking how BBC got to the terrorists but government forces can't.
Ndi ala!

Who told you government forces can't get to the terrorist? Have you not seen videos of Police officers and Army personnel with known terrorist boasting on how they killed Nigerian forces? This country Na cruise

12 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Nosayer: 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2022
Shebi Daily Trust and BBC handed down weapons and bikes to the terrorists? undecided

Dunces in the high places!

14 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by GamalNasser: 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2022
Will face Sanctions for exposing Bandit Ado Aleru and the soft life he is living in Zamfara

9 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by Wisetrue99: 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2022
boman2014:

“When otherwise reputable platforms like BBC give their platform to terrorists, showing their faces as if they’re Nollywood stars… I want to assure them that they won’t get away with it, the appropriate sanctions will be meted.”

GamalNasser:
Will face Sanctions for exposing Bandit Ado Aleru and the soft life he is living in Zamfara
Your head dey there. They want to sanction them for exposing the truth

But the same government called IPOB a terrorist group and doesn't hesitate to kill and display their dead bodies in public!

They are pained that the secret of him rewarding terrorists are being exposed

Let me see the person that will tell me that Buhari is not a terrorist

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by iwaeda: 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2022
boman2014:

Baba Lai Mohammed of Ile Balogun grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed by apache22b: 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
I pity those who will not vote Tinubu in 2023.
They will all regret the true dividends of democracy if they miss this Golden opportunity to make it right. Only Tinubu can salvage Nigeria again shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Congratulates Makinde, Mohammed, Sanwo-olu / Two Policemen Beating Up A Man This Morning / Umahi: We Don’t Want Fulani Herdsmen To Leave Our Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.