Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? (32449 Views)

Debit Card Withdrawals Outside Nigeria / Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria / 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? by mrofficial(m): 9:23am On Dec 08, 2009
Call me if you need international driver Document you can use any where in the world for just US$135 but you will need to bring your Nigeria Drivers license and your passport photograph and signature , 07057561151
Re: Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? by mrofficial(m): 9:25am On Dec 08, 2009
Call me if you need international driver Document you can use any where in the world for just US$135 but you will need to bring your Nigeria Drivers license and your passport photograph and signature , 07057561151
Re: Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? by mrofficial(m): 9:29am On Dec 08, 2009
Re: Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? by mrofficial(m): 9:34am On Dec 08, 2009
Re: Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 04, 2011
An old post, but interesting, nonetheless.

I never drove in the UK with a Nigerian driver's license, so don't know the issues surrounding it. A friend of mine however did, but he'd been in the UK for well over a year. He was treated as having no license, and he got pending endorsements, which were applied to his UK Provisional DL as soon as he got it!

I took my driving test as soon as I returned to the UK in 1990, passed, and that was it. I've used my UK DL in other countries, but not in Africa.
Re: Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 5:48pm On Feb 06, 2011
Odeku:

No way Jose, you can not drive in the US with a Nigerian drivers license. 1st in the state you are required to pass a driving test before you can operate any automobile, and most state required you to have a valid insurance on the automobile, and there fore the answer is no. and that international drivers license is for people in Porto Rico or Virgin highland

Surprisingly I drove in Amherst with the so-called International DL, got pulled over, showed both the international and Nigeria DLs, and was advised by the trooper to use the Nigeria license rather than the international one. Reason? he said the international license was just paper, rather than laminated plastic undecided
Re: Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? by teeboyseve(m): 8:59pm On Feb 06, 2011
You can use it in UK for 1 year.
Re: Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? by komekn(m): 1:19am On Feb 08, 2011
There are two issues that need to be demarcated residency restrictions and legal entitlement to drive.

Talking from personal experience, I have used my Nigerian drivers licence (not international driving permit) to drive in Europe and the USA. Admittedly I have UK drivers licence but I chose to drive with my Nigerian licence renting cars from Enterprise and Budget in Florida and in Europe from Avis, essentially because if I was to inadvertently exceed the speed limit it would be administratively cumbersome as well as problematic to pursue actions against me.

Furthermore the special relationship of the UK to the USA enables matters to be pursued aganst you i.e. fines, penalties, etc against you even in the UK.
Re: Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? by Shinehead: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2011
Re: Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? by DisGuy: 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2011
Is it possible to use your UK/ US/Canada license in Nigeria?
Re: Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? by anfanio: 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2011
Yes
Re: Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? by DisGuy: 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2011
yes as in. . .

international license are valid in Nigeria?
Re: Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? by anfanio: 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2011
Is it possible to use your UK/ US/Canada license in Nigeria?
YES

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 States To Experience Flooding – NEMA / Taofeek Oyerinde Fele Is Dead! Oyo NURTW Chairman Dies / Lorry Kills 3 As Anambra Revenue Agents Struggle For Steering Wheel With Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.