Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS (43102 Views)

James Ibori At The Burial Of Johnbull Fatimiro In Delta (Photos) / Ayiri Emami Welcomes James Ibori Home (Photos) / James Ibori Arrives Oghara In Delta State, Welcomed By Crowd (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:15am On Feb 05, 2017
Dont be surprised when people support a bad person...the Devil also have supporters.
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 05, 2017
What is he saying now? Guess he is narrating how sweet his jail term was in the UK compared to Nigeria here
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by Zdoh(m): 9:20am On Feb 05, 2017
Mod please correct this "Kindom" to kingdom.You push this to frontpage.
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by okechuks22: 9:20am On Feb 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
We have a long way to go in this country
my brother Nigeria is a disgrace to African nation
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by TellMeTheTruth(m): 9:21am On Feb 05, 2017
Celebrating a thief...this is very disgraceful! sad
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by coputa(m): 9:25am On Feb 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
We have a long way to go in this country
Are you a saint,all human are fallible,this is our peculiar environment,we are living happily in it,a tiger cannot turn itself into a sheep.

1 Like

Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by coputa(m): 9:27am On Feb 05, 2017
MadeInTokyo:
grin grin cheesy

See Ayiri Emami, he also came to pay homage to Ibori his godfather.

He is one among others that the great icon empowered.

1 Like

Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by coputa(m): 9:31am On Feb 05, 2017
dustmalik:
There is something inherently wrong with my country.
With you,not Nigeria,remove the stone from your eyes.
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by olaniyanhero(m): 9:32am On Feb 05, 2017
Hello family

Please I really need you all to vote

A friend of mine BEYONDWATCH editor Olaniyan Hero Kehinde has been nominated for thr Best journalist category of Nigerian Oscars awards respectively and he needs your votes

And also http://nigerianoscar.com/vote
Click on the code YAD and submit.
Please vote for him and thanks so much
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by coputa(m): 9:33am On Feb 05, 2017
jieta:
i don tire for my urhobo people somebody thief moni run go London God punish am them hold am for there we dey hapi say e don come urhobo no get shame at all.
An Urhobo man doesn't vomit poo like this,I suspects you are from the haters region.

1 Like

Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by marylandcakes: 9:34am On Feb 05, 2017
LoveMachine:
This is confusing. I've seen men burned alive for stealing soup because they hadn't eaten in days. And yet a man who stole tens of millions is holding court with a king? Wha gwan?

My thoughts exactly, corrupt traditional rulers, no wonder the country is going backwards.

1 Like

Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by Btruth: 9:38am On Feb 05, 2017
.and yet, let anyone steal the same king goat in his compound, he will be beaten black and blue, if not roasted with tyre self. embarassed

Which way Nigeria? Bigger thieves are been rob hand on the head, while smaller thieves were persecuted on the street.

We surely have a long way to go in this country.
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:39am On Feb 05, 2017
coputa:
Are you a saint,all human are fallible,this is our peculiar environment,we are living happily in it,a tiger cannot turn itself into a sheep.
pokipoki:

Why, if i may ask?
coputa:
At least we should act honourably even in misbehaviour
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by coputa(m): 9:39am On Feb 05, 2017
omenkaLives:
And a KING lends himself to this preposterous show of shame! What more are we to expect of his sibjects!?

It is indeed FINISHED!
A king,traditional ruler is the father of his subjects.A son that deems it fit to bring development to his kingdom,deserves a resounding welcome.No king worthy of his salt will spew away this once in a life time opportunity to host a great son of the soil.

1 Like

Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by Realdeals(m): 9:39am On Feb 05, 2017
They celebrated him because they believe he's the one capable of leading them against the Ijaw's oppression.

1 Like

Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by Samadict(f): 9:41am On Feb 05, 2017
seunmsg:
And some people think Buhari is the problem of Nigeria. Samadict, you see what I told you about Nigerians and out crooked values? This is an example.
We all know it but it still doesn't justify the bias corruption hunt. I wonder what the so called elders are thinking of though. Celebrating Ibori? Nigeria e yaf finish....lol
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by coputa(m): 9:46am On Feb 05, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Na una dey sell Urhobo for small money collect change join. U don ever see Yoruba sell Jagaban even though for inner caucus dem dey criticise am die. Stand united. Fall Divided. Every tribe protects its "hooligans" for in d day of war they are the ones that will rise in battle. Bitch ass Urhobo sell out
airsay,you are on point
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by nkemjacob2(m): 9:47am On Feb 05, 2017
i pity my country ooooo.. i pray for the youth SO dat dey wont copy dis bad habit from our wicked politicians, kings etc.... Nigeria is a weak country
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by coputa(m): 9:48am On Feb 05, 2017
victorv12:
No Yoruba king can do this... Welcoming a criminal that stole enough from the state coffer. Our values is dead in this country.
yorubas are the greatest sycophants on mother earth

2 Likes

Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by seunmsg(m): 9:54am On Feb 05, 2017
Samadict:

We all know it but[b] it still doesn't justify the bias corruption hunt.[/b] I wonder what the so called elders are thinking of though. Celebrating Ibori? Nigeria e yaf finish....lol

Sigh! I give up. cry cry
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by karrim4real(m): 9:54am On Feb 05, 2017
SWG25:
Hypocrites everywhere. Allow Urhobo people treat their son how they deem fit. I hate hypocrites.

I wonder how someone will be a Buhari supporter and castigate Buhari? That's hypocrisy

Buhari is a strong Abacha loyalist, he even said Abacha's didn't steal. Yet Buhari wasn't castigated, he was even to be President.

Ibori is not the first corrupt politician to be celebrated in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by coputa(m): 9:55am On Feb 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Honour and misbehavior are relative,if I misbehave with benefits to my family community,state and country,I can be celebrated,I can also be honoured with shame.we should look at situations objectively in order to get a balanced view.
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by pacespot(m): 9:59am On Feb 05, 2017
Only thing that matters in Africa is money, Africa doesn't have any values. If one elder challenges you because of your dress code or what you believe, it is wise you rebuff such elder immediately coz he/she is only doing so because you are perceived as skint.

I remember during 2007 election, a well known PDP local government chancellor, who is married to a princess in his town in Akoko area, came forward with an assault rifle right in the middle of election in his own ward, unit, even right beside his house, chased people away and snatched the ballot boxes, in fact, he nearly shot one guy in the process if not the guy manoeuvred his way to escape death that day.

Do you want to know what happens afterwards? Well, he was given a rousing welcome to the palace a few days later, still married to the princess, and very well regarded as one of key stakeholders in the community.

To goodhearted Nigerians out there, never risk your life for anyone when the issue at table has to do with money. Africans don't have the mental stability and maturity when money is at sight, I don't know whether it is evolutionary problem or is just the way people are, but at present, things can go sour quickly when the task gets to that level.

This is beyond governance or the norms in the society. It is intrinsic, I mean the people themselves

1 Like

Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by Arch1: 10:05am On Feb 05, 2017
This is the big picture a lot of people have refused to see.
Realdeals:
They celebrated him because they believe he's the one capable of leading them against the Ijaw's oppression.
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by Abagworo(m): 10:10am On Feb 05, 2017
Was Ibori the only thief? What of Jonathan, Akpabio and other South-south Governors? As long as some people still regard Jonathan as good then Ibori is a Saint.
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by OMAP1(m): 10:14am On Feb 05, 2017
=TonyeBarcanista post=53421730]We have a long way to go in this country[/quote] .My guy, no be small thing oo! Someone took what belongs to you to foreign land to throw away for no just course, and troop out to celebrate his freedom, while you yourself in bondage. May God deliver us.
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 05, 2017
Seriously I don't understand Nairalanders and their blind-eye-comments these days. The people who are currently in Power what are they doing? Are they working? Why is there recession? Of all the past and present governor in Delta State, Ibori remain the BEST! Take it or leave it. He got betrayed and caught because they know he was heading for presidency! Goddamnit!

1 Like

Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by seguntijan(m): 10:25am On Feb 05, 2017
About four years ago, I attended an annual event of the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies. Ex-IGP, Tafa Balogun was one of the guests. He was said to have accompanied a lecturer-friend of his there. Other guests got an applause after being introduced. You could count the number of those who applauded him after he was introduced by the moderator that day. Murmurs by the audience also followed that introduction that day. Why would anyone gladly welcome someone whom he knows stole from him?
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by journerman(m): 10:29am On Feb 05, 2017
Why would these people stop stealing, when shameless individuals like this still exist. Somebody that should be ostracised and avoided like a leper is being celebrated all over.
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by pokipoki: 10:38am On Feb 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Thank you for the response. But I want clarifications from Tonye Barcanista
Cheers.
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by oweman: 10:39am On Feb 05, 2017
Let no one make any mistake on this as that king is sure to regret what he has just done celebrating a thief into his palace .
Jesus how I wish this happen in Yoruba land I would have given the king a maximum of 6 months to go into eternal bidding but then this is south south where steaĺing is way of life i.e. former governor of Bayelsa wasHAILED by Jonathan and his benefactor only for him too to loot the nation
So I won't be surprised if before 6pm the sitting governor Okowa go pay homage to ex convict Ibori !
Re: King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS by isahsalee: 10:52am On Feb 05, 2017
Criminality a profitable venture in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Interacting With Soldiers At Katsina Airport (Photos) / Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling / Rotimi Amaechi in Benin For Pastor Ize-Iyamu's Campaign Flag Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.