Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,356 members, 7,850,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:03 PM

When What Used To Be, Are No Longer There! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When What Used To Be, Are No Longer There! (658 Views)

Some Lies Guys Normally Used To Lure Ladies To The Bed / Which Areas Of A Man's Body Can Be Used To Stimulate Him? / Which Name Did Your Mum & Dad Used To Save Their Number On Their Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When What Used To Be, Are No Longer There! by anddrewz: 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2009
What do you do in a relationship/marriage when all the euphoria, honey from the honeymoon, and everything that will make your heart beat faster each time you see each other, that actually brought the two of you together are no longer there. Things like her sexy eyes, her figure 8, soft and succulent breast, his handsome look, his macho status, the money," bubblings" and all the fire of love that was burning between the two of you seems to have died down. You feel like walking away from the relationship/marriage because u no longer find joy and happiness in the union.
This sometimes could be due to unfulfill expectations, lost of job, effect of age etc,

What do you do in a time like this? throw in the towel? hang on and endure? how do you bring back the feelings of yesta-years?
Re: When What Used To Be, Are No Longer There! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2009
i think a person have to be realistic about marriage and understand that not everything you see at 25 is going to be there at 45.
the point is to accept that and make sure that the IMPORTANT stuff is still there. the figure changing (boob sagging, baby fat etc), as much as i am biting my lips to say it, is something that is expectablefor some but if the attraction, the passion, the fun, the care, the love, the drive and the bond are gone then there is only 2 ways to go about it.

ONE
is to try to work out what is the problem and see if there is any ways to make it back to the good old days. its safe to say that many people do some CRAZY shit to woo a person and as soon as they get that chosen one, they sit back and expect it to be like this forever.

- if you were going on dates and eat out at restaurants before marriage then go on dates and eat out after marriage too (even if you have to pay a babysitter for the occasion)
- if you were going out to parties, clubs, theater, shows to have fun etc then you have to find the time to do exactly that after marriage.
- if you had time to travel away from your daily routine life before marriage then you have to find the money to do exactly that after marriage.
although marriage changes your life and the priorities that you had prior to that, you can never compare before (or just after marriage) and 3/5 or 10yrs down the line.

TWO
if there is nothing you can do to bring back the passion that once was then you have to accept it and either divorce and move on with your lives as friends or stay together and be miserable for the rest of your lives (getting pleasures from extra marital affairs etc)
most people cheating are the ones who are miserable at home and seek the happiness that ones was. they find the passion/drive from new fresh totos/dikc and therefore get hooked.

the fact that there is children in the equation shouldnt matter as its much better to be separated and happy than married and miserable, thus not being the parent you ought to be in front of the children.

as i said before on another thread, marriage/relationships are like flowers, if you dont water them with fun exciting stuff then they slowly die out.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me / Let Me Show How To Get Your Desire Partners / Romance English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.