Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight (1850 Views)

Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. / Do I Interfere In My Parents Fight. / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by mamagee3(f): 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2009
Did you ever see your parents fight in front of you?

I never saw mine fight
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color].
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Fhemmmy: 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2009
Not fight to throw blows, but when they are not in best term, u would know, cos there wont be any tickling in the house among the 2, and that often affect us as kids, cos the atmosphere will be too tensed
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by coolier(f): 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2009
No.
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by r231(m): 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2009
do you mean fight as in DECK each other? NOPE
argument: YEA
it happens part of life
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by ubiaa5(f): 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2009
never.
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 04, 2009
@post
i heard them argue like most adult do but my father never laid a hand on my mother(and vice versa).
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Amigoz(f): 6:21am On Dec 04, 2009
Never
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by iice(f): 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2009
Argument? grin Normal thing in my family.
One minute argue, next minute fits of giggles cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by foyeks2001(f): 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2009
to throw blows, capital NO
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2009
I think the poster needs to specify is na real fight or just arguement
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Outstrip(f): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2009
I saw them quarrel. We would know because she would not call him Darling anymore. She would call his first name in a very annoying way and my dad will say things like "Go and bring my food, my friend" and she will reply "who is your friend".

2 Likes

Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by iice(f): 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2009
^^ grin grin grin
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Fhemmmy: 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2009
Outstrip:

I saw them quarrel. We would know because she would not call him Darling anymore. She would call his first name in a very annoying way and my dad will say things like "Go and bring my food, my friend" and she will reply "who is your friend".

Lol
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by mamagee3(f): 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2009
Outstrip:

grin grin grin
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Macgreat(m): 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2009
Blows. . . NO

Argues. . . yes
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by chocomillo(f): 8:44pm On Dec 04, 2009
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by sweeti14(f): 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2009
i have seen them fight and argue,trade abuses countless times (aimoye igba).i was born into dat kinda situation.my dad used to give my mum serious beatings even when she was pregnant.infact he almost threw her down our stairs once. sad
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Cyberfreak(f): 9:38pm On Dec 04, 2009
d.
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Rolante(m): 1:07am On Dec 05, 2009
Nope.
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Fhemmmy: 8:25am On Dec 05, 2009
sweeti14:

i have seen them fight and argue,trade abuses countless times (aimoye igba).i was born into dat kinda situation.my dad used to give my mum serious beatings even when she was pregnant.infact he almost threw her down our stairs once. sad

That is wickedness and hope u were able to tell him, he blew it?
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Hanoobaba(m): 11:28am On Dec 05, 2009
Fighting is a normal thing in our home even till now. Both verbal and physical. It was so embarassing, with all the neighbors gathering at our house in the middle of the night. I hate my father and he hates me so much. When they start i'll just remain on my bed or pretend to be asleep. But the funny part was that anytime we have a new househelp (igede girls), and trouble starts the poor girls will be so confused and they'll start crying together with my younger ones but me being the devil will be laughing instead. Because I know if I react, I will end up in a remand home. It pays to be patient.
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by sweeti14(f): 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2009
Fhemmmy:

That is wickedness and hope u were able to tell him, he blew it?
i know its wickedness but what can i do? tell him he blew it? you want him to give me my own sahre of beating too abi? i dont think so undecided
Hanoobaba:

Fighting is a normal thing in our home even till now. Both verbal and physical. It was so embarassing, with all the neighbors gathering at our house in the middle of the night. I hate my father and he hates me so much. When they start i'll just remain on my bed or pretend to be asleep. But the funny part was that anytime we have a new househelp (igede girls), and trouble starts the poor girls will be so confused and they'll start crying together with my younger ones but me being the devil will be laughing instead. Because I know if I react, I will end up in a remand home. It pays to be patient.
sorry i know how u feel sad
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by honeric01(m): 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2009
My mom was a real pusher, she always knew how to push the poor man to the wall, but then i never saw them fight except once, but argument na baba, we even got to know when our dad is pissed and extremely pissed. he later came up with the word (I HAVE SAID MY OWN AND NO JUPITER CAN STOP ME), whenever he said so, we all knew that's the final word even my mom ( all she did was to cry and nag lol).

RIP DAD, too bad you never stayed behind to enjoy the fruits of your labor. cry cry cry cry 8 YEARS NOW!!!
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by honeric01(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2009
I remember an argument that was so tensed that my mom threatened to pack out which she did, well my dad had to go beg her to come up, the second time she tried it, she kept waiting for my dad to come around but he never did but she came back on her own grin grin grin
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by SeanT21(f): 5:05pm On Dec 05, 2009
YES. They used to fight all the time back home. I was sleeping one night and my step daddy came running in my room saying my mother bit him. I found out later that it was in self defense. Thy used to embarrass me sometimes cause our neighbors used to come peeking through windows to get in on the action..
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by koolchicco: 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2009
Intimate Fights? Hell Yep!! tongue
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Outstrip(f): 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2009
Sorry SeanT that I am laughing but that was funny about your mom biting your step dad. What did he want you to do since he came to report. You should have bitten him again
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by SeanT21(f): 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2009
Outstrip:

Sorry SeanT that I am laughing but that was funny about your mom biting your step dad. What did he want you to do since he came to report. You should have bitten him again

Haha~~I don't know oo. I just went right back to sleep b/c it was midnight.
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by mamagee3(f): 10:14pm On Dec 05, 2009
honeric01:

My mom was a real pusher, she always knew how to push the poor man to the wall, but then i never saw them fight except once, but argument na baba, we even got to know when our dad is pissed and extremely pissed. he later came up with the word (I HAVE SAID MY OWN AND NO JUPITER CAN STOP ME), whenever he said so, we all knew that's the final word even my mom ( all she did was to cry and nag lol).

RIP DAD, too bad you never stayed behind to enjoy the fruits of your laborcry cry cry cry 8 YEARS NOW!!!

cry cry cry
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by flekan(m): 11:01pm On Dec 05, 2009
NEVER
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Fhemmmy: 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2009
sweeti14:

i know its wickedness but what can i do? tell him he blew it? you want him to give me my own sahre of beating too abi? i dont think so undecided sorry i know

But now you are grown and cal let him know that how u felt when he used to do all that
Re: Did You Ever See Your Parents Fight by Dclique(m): 11:26pm On Dec 05, 2009
My parent argued alot but it didn't get into physical combat. I thank God for that.
I think its a normal thing for parents to argue. Abi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Grandfather was a sadistic murderer; would have shot me! - Jennifer Teege / Is He A Father? / IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.