Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah (20235 Views)

How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo / Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu / 2019: Obasanjo, Babangida, Abdulsalami, Gusau SHOP For Buhari’s Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by bigfrancis21: 9:35am On Feb 06, 2017
AustineE1:
Its either you are trying to be smart by half or you didnt read his first write-up,when he stereotyped Igbos as being 'clannish and incapable of being trusted with power'. Except hatred has other meaning which i dont know! Calling out an ethnic group in a derogatory manner is not hatred.

Funny thing, the clannish behavior is exhibited by all tribes iin this country. The current Buhari administration is obviously clannish favouring the north, OBJ's tenure favoured the west, Yar'Adua's tenure favoured the North, Jonathan's tenure favoured the SS and SE. Why are Nigerians quick to call out Igbos for the very same thing that they do too? The way Nigerians reason is amazing indeed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by bidex(m): 9:36am On Feb 06, 2017
Ngokafor:

...You have time to school these clowns really....Instead of strategising on their so-called protest today in National Stadium Surulere(which they are too cowardly to carry through by the way embarassed)..they are calling Igbos.

....They will keep calling Igbos till Nigeria collapses on their shallow heads,by then Igbos would have long left them in the lurch.

is Tuface a Yoruba man or Hausa man?
Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by ImpersonatorSS: 9:36am On Feb 06, 2017
Fineman87:

Hmm. Some people's reasoning is pathetic. Yorubas have rules more than three times yet the war ravaged igbos have surpassed them in every field. Na wao. yorubas will continue with deep hatred just because the igbos are better off.

Where, when and how are the yEasterners better off than Yorubas

Are you okay?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by bigfrancis21: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2017
laudate:

And you responded to him with vitriolic remarks that exceeded his own. sad So why are you now complaining?? Because he chose to reply to your vitriol with another comment that was not even as bad as your own? Is that why you are upset??

The day you start making non-biased comments is the day you become human.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by laudate: 9:38am On Feb 06, 2017
bigfrancis21:
The day you start making non-biased comments is the day you become human.

And the day you start taking your own advice by becoming objective and freeing your mind from prejudice, is the day you become honest.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by Btruth: 9:39am On Feb 06, 2017
stinggy:

Well maybe they deserve another chance, everyone does.
Yes, they do. We are all Nigerians, and everyone has the right to the throne. Is not that Yoruba or Hausa are doing better than the Igbo in all sense too. For me, Igbo has the same right to the presidency.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by monex(m): 9:40am On Feb 06, 2017
laudate:

And so? The Yoruba guy was the first to make a derogatory remark, and AustineE1 responded with a remark that was even more vicious and vitriolic than his own. Didn't you see it? sad Then the Yoruba guy responded with another comment, and your friend AustineE1 got furious and accused him of hatred, after he himself had dished out uncomplimentary remarks in response to the Yoruba guy's post. Why?? My point is that both of them responded to each other in the same vein, so why is one person crying foul and coming here to complain?? undecided

Finally, yes - tribalism oozes from both sides of the divide, but if you do a content analysis, you would often see that one side is usually the first to draw blood.
the bolded conclusion is the problem. From what I read, the Yoruba guy was first to draw blood although the Igbo guy's retaliation was disproportionate.

the yoruba guy was also first to accuse the igbo guy of politics of hatred (This politics of hatred will take you nowhere)
Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by laudate: 9:42am On Feb 06, 2017
monex:
the bolded conclusion is the problem. From what I read, the Yoruba guy was first to draw blood although the Igbo guy's retaliation was disproportionate.

the yoruba guy was also first to accuse the igbo guy of politics of hatred (This politics of hatred will take you nowhere)

And you did not see anything hate-filled in any of the Igbo guy's responses, ba?? The same Igbo guy that said "calling out an ethnic group using derogatory remarks," is not hatred. I guess it is a sign of affection and respect in his own area...
Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by bigfrancis21: 9:44am On Feb 06, 2017
laudate:

And the day you start taking your own advice by becoming objective and freeing your mind from bias, is the day you become honest.

If you can do the same, then you would be an excellent judge. Otherwise, your current state of mind disqualifies you to be a judge here given your 'outstanding track record' on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by amarachi06(f): 9:44am On Feb 06, 2017
gunners160:
Igbo! Wetin? Nigeria should not make that mistake if not they will rule Nigeria like a profit making venture. It is beta for Nigeria not to have leader than to be ruled by Igbos

And that is why you will not get it right. Think, how did we survive in Nigeria after civil war with little amount to start business? I guess we are better off on our way than with Nigeria.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by bigfrancis21: 9:47am On Feb 06, 2017
monex:

Exactly, you see Laudate taking sides with the first guy by obviously ignoring him and calling out the second guy instead and continuously, and he thinks he's being unbiased in his judgment. Without the first guy instigating the war, there would be no war instead. Both may be wrong, but the first person instigated the problem and should be called to attention instead of calling out the second person who defended himself from the first person's attacks. The impression I am getting from Laudate here is that, oh you should not retaliate when attacked, just allow yourself to continue getting thrashed. Really? undecided

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by laudate: 9:48am On Feb 06, 2017
bigfrancis21:
If you can do the same, then you would be an excellent judge. Otherwise, your current state of mind disqualifies you to be a judge here given your 'outstanding track record' on this forum.

Where and when did I lay any claims to becoming a judge on this forum? shocked You guys are amazing. Stop reading meanings that do not exist into my comments. Go back and read all the posts that have been made by every single respondent on this thread, for better clarity and understanding, before you decide to quote me again. If you want the title of 'excellent judge', please go ahead and take it, if it makes you happy.

I certainly do not need it, as I have never seen myself as one. sad
Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by anyaekekehinde(m): 9:49am On Feb 06, 2017
monex:

Oga monex, don't mind the idiot,
The Yoruba guy started it and drew the first blood, just that the igbo dude responded in a harder way, but the main question is who drew the first blood on this thread - it's the Yoruba guy.

It's similar to what happens in west bank, the Palestinians will be the first to Stab an Israeli child, and when the Jew's respond with disproportionate force, the whole world start complaining.
The question, why must you initiate hostility, either in a small way or great way

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by bigfrancis21: 9:51am On Feb 06, 2017
laudate:

Where and when did I lay any claims to becoming a judge on this forum? shocked You guys are amazing. Stop reading meanings that do not exist into my comments. Go back and read all the posts that have been made by every single respondent on this thread, for better clarity and understanding, before you decide to quote me again. If you want the title of 'excellent judge', please go ahead and take it, if it makes you happy.

I certainly do not need it, as I have never seen myself as one. sad

Well, you are the one all over this thread claiming to be 'separating fight' or 'being the judge over both warring factions' when you're obviously biased and one-sided. It is an implied impression. Quit parading yourself as such, your 'outstanding track record' on this forum belies that which you seek to be.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by laudate: 9:57am On Feb 06, 2017
bigfrancis21:
Exactly, you see Laudate taking sides with the first guy by ignoring him and calling out the second guy, and he thinks he's being unbiased in his judgment. Without the first guy instigating the war, there would be no war instead. The impression I am getting from Laudate here is that, oh you should not retaliate when attacked, just allow yourself to continue getting thrashed. Really? undecided

Again, your prejudice is showing. sad The first Yoruba guy made a comment. The Igbo guy responded. Did you see me saying anything at that point in time? No. Then the Yoruba chap replied the Igbo guy's remarks to him, only for the Igbo fellow to start complaining and alleging hate. That was what got my attention. Both of them were dishing it out to each other, so why should one person now start complaining and alleging unfairness and hate, especially after he himself had unleashed e-fisticuffs in the direction of his traducer? I have never said 'do not retaliate when attacked,' so stop putting words into my mouth. All I am saying, is that after you retaliate, then do not play the victim by alleging hate, especially when it is obvious that you have dished out the same brand of hate that you are now accusing others of giving to you. undecided Now, is that too difficult to understand, or do you want me to break it further down for you??

I have seen you guys do this several times and it never ceases to amuse me. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by Yorobastard(m): 9:57am On Feb 06, 2017
laudate:

And so? The Yoruba guy was the first to make a derogatory remark, and AustineE1 responded with a remark that was even more vicious and vitriolic than his own. Didn't you see it? sad Then the Yoruba guy responded with another comment, and your friend AustineE1 got furious and accused him of hatred, after he himself had dished out uncomplimentary remarks in response to the Yoruba guy's post. Why?? My point is that both of them responded to each other in the same vein, so why is one person crying foul and coming here to complain?? undecided

Finally, yes - tribalism oozes from both sides of the divide, but if you do a content analysis, you would often see that one side is usually the first to draw blood.

It's called "an eye for an eye" and stop defending someone that is wrong...All you could do was correct the yoruba guy but you came to his defence which in other words supported his remarks as well.

So if you look at it properly you are the one crying foul and your nigga drew the first blood

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by Benjax(m): 9:58am On Feb 06, 2017
Tifemide2017:
OBJ was only trying to be politically correct here.

I, as a Yoruba man, know he was insincere with that assertion.

Even the northerners will never agree to an Igbo man being president. The highest they can get is the VP (like Ekueme).

We know what they can do when they get access to power, going by the clannish way Ironsi went in 1966.

...And that is a way of stating categorically that they(Ndi Igbo) are non-Nigerians; yet you may not likely advocate for their secession. That is the height of wickedness! No one is born to rule monopolistically and No one is born to be an eternal slave.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by laudate: 10:00am On Feb 06, 2017
bigfrancis21:
Well, you are the one all over this thread claiming to be 'separating fight' or 'being the judge over both warring factions' when you're obviously biased and one-sided. It is an implied impression. Quit parading yourself as such, your 'outstanding track record' on this forum belies that which you seek to be.

Where did I parade myself as anything? shocked And which outstanding track record are you talking about, biko nu? Where and when was this so-called record launched? And where exactly did I claim to be separating fight? Must you lie to get your points across? For the last time, stop reading meanings that do not exist, into my words or my responses. Kindly stop chasing shadows. It does not suit you at all.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by monex(m): 10:01am On Feb 06, 2017
laudate:

And you did not see anything hate-filled in any of the Igbo guy's responses, ba?? The same Igbo guy that said "calling out an ethnic group using derogatory remarks," is not hatred. I guess it is a sign of affection and respect in his own area...
I already said the Igbo guy's response was disproportionate. that clearly means his (Igbo guy) was worse than that of the yoruba guy's.

the bolded was unneccessary

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by laudate: 10:02am On Feb 06, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Where did I parade myself as anything? shocked And which outstanding track record are you talking about, biko nu? Where and when was this so-called record launched? And where exactly did I claim to be separating fight or be a judge over warring factions? Must you lie to get your points across? For the last time, stop reading meanings that do not exist, into my words or my responses. Kindly stop chasing shadows. It does not suit you at all.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by bigfrancis21: 10:03am On Feb 06, 2017
laudate:

Again, your prejudice is showing. sad The first Yoruba guy made a comment. The Igbo guy responded. Did you see me saying anything at that point in time? No. Then the Yoruba chap replied the Igbo guy's remarks to him, only for the Igbo fellow to start complaining and alleging hate. That was what got my attention. Both of them were dishing it out to each other, so why should one person now start complaining and alleging unfairness and hate, especially after he himself had unleashed e-fisticuffs in the direction of his traducer? I have never said 'do not retaliate when attacked,' so stop putting words into my mouth. All I am saying, is that after you retaliate, then do not play the victim by alleging hate, especially when it is obvious that you have dished out the same brand of hate that you are now accusing others of giving to you. undecided Now, is that too difficult to understand, or do you want me to break it further down for you??

I have seen you guys do this several times and it never ceases to amuse me. sad

If you are going to call out one guy's actions, you're indirectly stepping in here to judge or judge both parties, why not balance the equation by calling out the other party's actions? Is that how law in your own periphery of thinking works? One side carries the entire blame, the instigator lacks blemishes? Really? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by bigfrancis21: 10:05am On Feb 06, 2017
laudate:

Where did I parade myself as anything? shocked And which outstanding track record are you talking about, biko nu? Where and when was this so-called record launched? And where exactly did I claim to be separating fight or be a judge over warring factions? Must you lie to get your points across? For the last time, stop reading meanings that do not exist, into my words or my responses. Kindly stop chasing shadows. It does not suit you at all.

Your 'outstanding track record' is easy for anyone to see. Anyone can simply visit your profile, click on posts and the judgment thereof is left for the person to see.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by Arabiandude: 10:05am On Feb 06, 2017
BiafranPrince:

This cunny Edo boy, guy park well.

Hey boy, you better don't bring nor mention Edo in your trash. We aren't yorubas that tolerate you lots. Take Time!

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by laudate: 10:06am On Feb 06, 2017
Yorobastard:
It's called "an eye for an eye" and stop defending someone that is wrong...All you could do was correct the yoruba guy but you came to his defence which in other words supported his remarks as well.

So if you look at it properly you are the one crying foul and your nigga drew the first blood

You are too funny for words. wink The Yoruba guy was not the one complaining but your fellow Igbo brother. He was the one who had retaliated using words that were far more vicious than the one dished out to him, only for him to turn round and start crying foul after he had retaliated in a nasty manner. So what defence are you talking about? I did not support the Yoruba guy, I merely pointed out to the Igbo guy that he had already retaliated, so why was he complaining? undecided And why are you calling the Yoruba chap, my niqqa?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by laudate: 10:08am On Feb 06, 2017
bigfrancis21:
If you are going to call out one guy's actions, you're indirectly stepping in here to judge or judge both parties, why not balance the equation by calling out the other party's actions? Is that how law in your own periphery of thinking works? One side carries the entire blame, the instigator lacks blemishes? Really? undecided

Again you are chasing shadows. I have absolutely no business calling out the instigator. And I did not call out your Igbo friend. All I did was point out to him, that there was no need crying foul, after he had retaliated in such a vicious manner. sad

bigfrancis21:
Your 'outstanding track record' is easy for anyone to see. Anyone can simply visit your profile, click on posts and the judgment thereof is left for the person to see.

Stop the snide comments. He who alleges must prove. sad So provide the details. Aren't you supposed to be a moderator? Aren't moderators supposed to be objective and impartial and factual?
Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by Arabiandude: 10:08am On Feb 06, 2017
dukecharles:

Anyhow you see it, Igbo man will always set the pace for the whole nation.
Igbo man was the First Nigerian President (Zik of Africa)
Igbo man was the First Nigerian Head of States (Aguiyi)
Igbo man was the First Nigerian elected VP.(Ekueme)
Igbo man was the First Nigerian Senate President (Nwafor Orizu)

So my Yoruba Brother what are you saying? Without Igbos in Nigeria, Nigeria will no longer be perceived as a country of smart,intelligent and resillent people and above all Gaint of Africa and I am sure you know that very well.

Not here to say my tribe is better than yours, But we need each other and to correct your wrong impression about my people.

I get before na story!
Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by Bangalee10(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2017
Am yet to see a nation without tribalism [color=#006600][/color]
Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:12am On Feb 06, 2017
Tifemide2017:

[color=#990000][b]To be very factual, they have not shown it. They still see people on whose backs they would ride to power as enemies.[]

1) I wanted to ignore you initially because I don't argue with children who still use crayons to paint...but let me drop some facts for you...

2)Check out secessionist threads and you see MOSTLY your people vomiting venomous opinions there and insisting why Igbo shouldn't go(even when North isn't averse to secession)...Then come back to threads advocating Igbo presidency and you see nitwits like you propagating and arrogating why Igbo isn't worthy of such post...And you think yourself sane ...so who's the sick and hatred ridden folk if not you? ...Can we go through the political history of Nigeria and check which tribe wishes others death secretly and openly as seen from their LEADERS & PROMINENT personalities So who is the hater now?

3)Was Ironsi clannish? teach me some history boy with facts and evidence plzzz...

4)Now, ask yourself; is SW by any means better off than SE having produced president and VP ? Can SW folks challenge SE peeps on per capita income and standard of living? Is SW better off? So why the hullabaloo?

5)Why do you always enjoy lying to yourselves? Rochas and Obiano press squabble is a sign of Igbo not being good enough for presidency but Fashola, Fayemi treachery and selling out of Tinubu are signs of good leadership? ... I believe SW folks love and eulogize Fayose, FFK, Omisore etc? Fayose press squabble with Kashamu isn't hidden. But hypocrites and sadists like you don't see it... Ambode and Fashola nko?...Olabode and OBJ nko? Your Oba and Obj most recently nko? Can you tell me the story of Afenifere, OPC and co again? Politics of betrayal that led to their dismembering are signs of lovely ethnic group?

6) I am a happy Republican just like 90% of my tribe. Ngige and co are all in APC which is their right...I have right to belong anywhere else which shouldn't be your headache too... notwithstanding your opinion changes NOTHING.
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi wrote an article to help you about your tribe...kindly meditate on that article DAILY.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by bigfrancis21: 10:14am On Feb 06, 2017
laudate:

Stop the snide comments. He who alleges must prove. sad So provide the details. Aren't you supposed to be a moderator? Aren't moderators supposed to be objective and impartial and factual?

Have I been any different here from my comments or you just want to keep responding to save face? undecided

I just went through the first page again. The first guy threw the punch out, the second guy returned the punch, the first guy threw another, the second guy responded and you swooped in immediately, unto 'Judge Judy', on the second guy for retaliating by calling him 'worked up' yet you obviously and conspicuously overlooked the instigator of the problem in the first place. What is the 'working up' in responding to an attack on you in the first place? undecided In your own world of judgment, the perpetrator walks away freely and the defender gets the blame for defending himself? undecided

Remove the speck in your eye before you point it out in another person's.

I'm done with you. You can be all over the place having fun on here.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by Yorobastard(m): 10:16am On Feb 06, 2017
Tifemide2017:

Oh, its Presidency you want now and no more Biafra?

Nnamdi Kanu's efforts can end in flames abi? grin grin grin

You guys are seriously deluded.

You all are the real definition of CONFUSION

Forget it, you guys can never smell Presidency in the next 15 years

See this one...Ask yourself what will the country achieve in that next 15yrs
Isn't it clear to you that we Igbo's don't need to become presidents....We are aiming for a different course...One that will better the future of our unborn generation...

Check out successful countries in the world.....They always have one thing in common and that the reason why they are progressing fast... Unfortunately for this hell-hole it's different....Even the smallest country in Africa have better standard of living than the giant....Smh

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by laudate: 10:16am On Feb 06, 2017
Arabiandude:

Hey boy, you better don't bring nor mention Edo in your trash. We aren't yorubas that tolerate you lots. Take Time!

Hahahaha... I don talk say I no go laugh today, but... cheesy grin cheesy
Re: 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah by Yorobastard(m): 10:20am On Feb 06, 2017
laudate:

You are too funny for words. wink The Yoruba guy was not the one complaining but your fellow Igbo brother. He was the one who had retaliated using words that were far more vicious than the one dished out to him, only for him to turn round and start crying foul after he had retaliated in a nasty manner. So what defence are you talking about? I did not support the Yoruba guy, I merely pointed out to the Igbo guy that he had retaliated, so why was he complaining? undecided So why are you calling him my niqqa?

It's not a matter of vicious word....Don't tell me you will take it softly with any one who stylishly insults anyone related to you.....You.....I guess you will break bottle on their head before telling them to watch their mouth next time.....You shouldn't have gotten into the convo, you should have allowed the guy defend himself....shikena

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Directs Reversal Of Electricity Tariff Adjustment / President Buhari Departs Abuja For Morocco (Photos) / Vice President Osinbajo Visit Oba Elegushi In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.