Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

I Am So Confuse Help Me! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am So Confuse Help Me! (712 Views)

"I May Be Ugly But I Confuse Men With My Big Assets" - Busty Lady Says. / Woman’s Hot Pants Confuse Police Who Think She’s Walking Unclad In England / These Sexy Photos Will Confuse You, If You Do Not Look Well. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am So Confuse Help Me! by enkaysweet(f): 3:01pm On Feb 06, 2017
Hi guys,i am really confused on what to do. I am in love with a much older man ,who is divorced ,a muslem and a yoruba man. I am an igbo lady and a christian. I have known this man for two years now and the current job i have now was due to his help. I never envisage that i will ever date a man not from my tribe nor from my religious belief. But i fell in love with this man and he wanted to marry me. The problem now is that non of my family members agreed to the marriage. Some said he is not of the same tribe as me,while others said a muslem is a no no. My mother particularly said she will never giver her blessings.The man suggested we go see my mum maybe when he speaks with her she might change her mind but i am afraid my mum will not welcome him. I have other suitors from my tribe but non of them has ever measured up to this man in many ways. We are thinking of going to court to register the marriage and continue with our lives but i can not summon the courage to break my mums heart. I love him a lot but am left to choose between my love and my family. plz a candid advice will be appreciated.
Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2017
Thy shall not be yoked with unbelievers.... Its best you get your family's blessing cos its really important.

1 Like

Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by makydebbie(f): 3:13pm On Feb 06, 2017

Hy there, smiley

You've known this guy for two years, and you're sure he is the one. My dear, you guys have religious differences, are you sure when you guys are married he won't stop you from attending your church?

Well I'll advice you to talk to someone who understands you and also knows your mum too. Cos you need your family's blessings.

Hope you're also know why he's divorced?
Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by Theyveedo(m): 3:14pm On Feb 06, 2017
Lemme soak garri before I comment
Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 06, 2017
Have you done your homework on why he divorced his wife?, if "yes" and you're ok with that, then follow your heart...your family will come to understand later.

All you could do is to keep talking to your mum to see reasons with you, not all Muslims are bad, he only needs to prove he's worthy of being an in-law to your mum. I believe on the long-run your family will accept him if indeed he's a good man.
Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2017
makydebbie:

Maky, sup with those lines
Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by makydebbie(f): 3:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Maky, sup with those lines
Just booking space to advice the op.
Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
The Igbo guys coming for your hands in marriage don't measure up because they are not rich cos I don't see any reason why you should love a Yoruba Muslim divorcee. Wow! Money look what you made women do.
Anyway, goodluck marrying him.
Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2017
makydebbie:
Just booking space to advice the op.
Maky, you fit marry a Muslim?

Your answer will determine the kind of advice I'll dish out here.

Over to you ma'am
Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by peter0071(m): 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2017
i would advcie you to really watch well before you leap.... Sometimes, you may need to help your man get to the level you want them to be.... for me, marrying someone that your family is against (to an extent) is not a good idea.

1 Like

Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by IZUKWU(m): 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2017
in essence you want to become a Moslem
Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by makydebbie(f): 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Maky, you fit marry a Muslim?

Your answer will determine the kind of advice I'll dish out here.

Over to you ma'am
My dad is a pastor, he'll kill me before I finish the sentencegrin

I can't marry a Muslim.
Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by McBrooklyn(m): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2017

Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 06, 2017
ToriBlue:
The Igbo guys coming for your hands in marriage don't measure up because they are not rich cos I don't see any reason why you should love a Yoruba Muslim divorcee. Wow! Money look what you made women do.
How did you know is because of money?, is the joy of every parent not to hand their daughters to rich good men if money is the issue here?, would you be happy as a parent if a man who can't give your child the life she desires comes to ask for her hand in marriage?.

Muslims don't usually marry Christians, for him to want to marry her means he's liberal and accepts her religion...she mustn't necessarily follow him to his mosque if she could convert him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 06, 2017
makydebbie:

I can't marry a Muslim.
So, enkaysweet, you heard her.

Regardless of how much love this man must have showered on you, religious diversity is a very complicated issue. If it were tribal differences, I absolutely have no issue with that.

You are being sympathetic because this man has proven to be a very good man. But am concerned, you shouldn't have venture into a relationship with him when you know his religious belief will be a thing of debate.

You don't want to start learning a new belief at this stage of your life... Do you?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by firstking01(m): 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2017
Apart from the religious differences i find NO other faults in him...igbos are deep tribalistic people, that i can vouch with my precious life...even if he weren't a muslim you wouldn't 've still married him.

1 Like

Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by bettercreature(m): 4:21pm On Feb 06, 2017
makydebbie:

I can't marry a Muslim.
Lol!Your dad wont kill you infact,he'd tell you to start going to mosque, i once had a classmate like you who sworn she would rather die than dating a classmate.
At the end of the day,she ended up marrying a classmate
When we asked her why she decided to change her mind,she simply said she has found what she has been looking for under her nose,no reason to look further
@OP,you don't need anyones blessing,follow your heart with time they will change their mind
Most extremist muslims can never date an igbo lady,so for him to be dating you.I think he is not a very deep muslim

1 Like

Re: I Am So Confuse Help Me! by enkaysweet(f): 4:34pm On Feb 06, 2017

Thanks for reply dear, i once knew an Igbo man whom i traveled to see from Ph to Sokoto since he was my cousin brother's friend and he declared interest in marring me. he was not rich but i dont mind. After the first visit,he wants me to come again cos he was wishing that i would be pregnant before marriage,i told him NO that cos he was supposed to come home a week and a half before then and its risky . He agreed but never told me when he came back and got married same day he was supposed to come see my parents and even called me same day. U see MONEY cannot buy happiness at all . And the man in question isn't wealthy but he is way better than Any igbo man i have ever associated with. Thanks anyways.

(1) (Reply)

. / Must Read Romance Story : S*x Addicted Couple Of (18+) Episode 1 / Who Is More Foolish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.