Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,313 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 (113426 Views)

Ecobank Nigeria Intensive Graduate Program 2017 / Apply For The Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Management Trainee Program 2017 / The Lagos State Graduate Internship Program 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by shogat(m): 6:56am On Mar 11, 2017
mayoor15:
Yes
did not receive the mail o
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by shogat(m): 7:03am On Mar 11, 2017
what of a memory card? the old version diskette

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 8:01am On Mar 11, 2017
emmanuelabadi:
I think it could also be a diary/journal (but its supposed to be personal, i'm not sure though).....

I'm not sure it is. A diary/journal doesn't fit as thin and colourful. And I don't think it qualifies as crinkle sad
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 8:05am On Mar 11, 2017
edunho:
Eureka!!! I have gotten d answer

Kindly share please embarassed
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 8:08am On Mar 11, 2017
Thavybe:
this is what i think, The write-up is descriptive, and it explicitly states that the item is thin and colorful, holds the thought of yesterday and hopes of tomorrow (Ideas), holds images, speeches, words, and motion in a crisp and clear manner.

They also said bring an old version, which means what they described was the "newer version", and it is still in use for the above purpose. finally, the design has been re-modified to look different from the older versions (i doubt if it's a newspaper or magazine)

Then they used the word "copies", meaning it can't be money, neither can it be pictures.

My gut tells me it is a "CD", a CD is round-flat but thin, the face is colourful, and it stores ideas, pictures, words, speeches and motion.

Albeit, an old version of it is required. the one that looks like the image below.

(I might be wrong o, so if anyone has a better idea, please share)

I don't know sha but I'm thinking:

"can a CD really be referred to as Custodian of Dreams?"
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Longman6(m): 8:16am On Mar 11, 2017
mYphhiRes:

The fault line in this proposition lies in the fact that it doesn't hold the thoughts of tomorrow... what is that thing that holds the thought of tomorrow..
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 11, 2017
eendy:
After reading through and through it could be a passport they are asking for... it fits the descriptions given but on a second thought a curriculum vitae comes to mind too it can also. or probably a Bible.... Don't know what you guys think.
This was the first thing i thought too, but immediately they said come with an older version, Of speeches, of words, the thought relegated. A passport just doesn't fit anymore.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 11, 2017
mYphhiRes:

Depends on how you look at it, A CD might hold materials to keep your dreams afloat, Besides Custodian of dreams might just be figurative. what else could meet 80% of that description? and then they said older version.

When you think about it, Sahara usually ask candidates to bring something that has history, old but most importantly difficult to get. The only thing that fits is what i have posted in my opinion. If you have something else in mind, let's have it.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 8:29am On Mar 11, 2017
Thavybe:
Depends on how you look at it, A CD might hold materials to keep your dreams afloat, Besides Custodian of dreams might just be figurative. what else could meet 80% of that description? and then they said older version.

OK true.

But how about the crinkled part embarassed sad
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 11, 2017
mYphhiRes:

OK true.

But how about the crinkled part embarassed sad
You guys have to note that they didn't say crinkles as a stand alone word, they said never ending crinkles. "My dictionary gave examples like "The old man's lined face crinkled into a smile". If the aforementioned​ was stored believe me it is never ending.

But then again the never ending crinkles might just have something to do with the item itself, that part made me skeptical, and i no fit say i am correct.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 11, 2017
Longman6:

The fault line in this proposition lies in the fact that it doesn't hold the thoughts of tomorrow... what is that thing that holds the thought of tomorrow..
Hmmm, difficult but, depends on how you think about it. the fault line to me is the "custodian of dreams actually" the premises to support that is quite watery.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 8:52am On Mar 11, 2017
Thavybe:
Hmmm, difficult but, depends on how you think about it. the fault line to me is the "custodian of dreams actually" the premises to support that is quite watery.

Yea
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 8:56am On Mar 11, 2017
Thavybe:
You guys have to note that they didn't say crinkles as a stand alone word, they said never ending crinkles. "My dictionary gave examples like "The old man's lined face crinkled into a smile". If the aforementioned​ was stored believe me it is never ending.

But then again the never ending crinkles might just have something to do with the item itself, that part made me skeptical, and i no fit say i am correct.

No the riddle doesn't say "never ending crinkles"

It says

"The wave of a hand, never destroying"

"Crinkles, Crisp and clear"

So d crinkle is on its own a description of the object
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mayoor15(m): 8:59am On Mar 11, 2017
mYphhiRes:

It says

meaning something that is dry, in pieces and clear that waving your hand against it cannot destroy it. A pictures suits that description but old version is what I don't really get
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by LaRochelle(f): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2017
It might be a diskette. #justguessing
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Longman6(m): 9:10am On Mar 11, 2017
Guys..you can do it, come on cool cool
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 11, 2017
mYphhiRes:

It says

Oh, what was posted was actually not spaced, i haven't received the mail personally.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 9:13am On Mar 11, 2017
Thavybe:
Oh, what was posted was actually not spaced, i haven't received the mail personally.

Ok
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 11, 2017
mayoor15:
meaning something that is dry, in pieces and clear that waving your hand against it cannot destroy it. A pictures suits that description but old version is what I don't really get
If it was a picture, it'll definitely be a passport. why i don't buy into the pictures answer is because, the item is described to hold multiple things, pictures are just images.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 9:16am On Mar 11, 2017
Thavybe:
If it was a picture, it'll definitely be a passport. why i don't buy into the pictures answer is because, the item is described to hold multiple things, pictures are just images.

The item should be

"of pictures, speeches and words with laughter that stays the same time and time again"

I'm not very sure a picture fits this
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by kcjnr007(m): 9:19am On Mar 11, 2017
Sales Reps Urgently needed in Fescta for a multinational FMCG Company.

Requirements:
1, Atleast 1-2 years sales experience
2. Valid Driver's licence
3. Knowledge of Festac area and environs.
4. Good communication skills
5. Numerical capabilities
6. Tech Savy

Please send your CVs to kufrerobert17@gmail.com or call 08135571725
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Longman6(m): 9:23am On Mar 11, 2017
Thavybe:

So what is it that holds multiple things, instinctively a picture captures everything... remember the Albert Einsten quote, but a part of me feels that the riddle would be too simple if the answer came so easily.... i would suggest we move this question to the literature section in order to gain valuable insights from individuals who have constantly refined their imaginative abilities... and we should do that early incase it turns out to be something that might be difficult to get...

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Longman6(m): 9:39am On Mar 11, 2017
i did some googling in other to see how different riddles were solved and decided to share simmilar riddles with answers that can help us shappen our thinking process on this issues:

Using me, battles are never fought alone. With me, bonds are never broken. Reveal my identity.

No You are a fine mug of ale.
Yes You are Loyalty.
No You are an army.

Consume me and you will choke, but within me is the key to life and growth. What am I?

Yes You are earth.
No You are a slain animal.
No You are money.

I can be found on a mountain, yet you can hold me in your hand or walk over me. I will outlive you. Name me.

No You are air.
No You are a song.
Yes You are a rock.

I come for all who grow, crawl, and walk. I am the perfect hunter. In the end, I am the victor. What is my name?

No You are a legend.
Yes You are death.
No You are the future.

I erode rock, break bodies, and consume cities. Yet, I am necessary for survival. What am I?

No You are a conquering army.
No You are an earthquake.
Yes You are water.

I feast on air, but drink no water. I have no eyes of my own, but without me, you are blind. What am I?

No You are a tree.
No You are a bird.
Yes You are fire.

I move without legs. I push without arms. I speak without words. I howl without a mouth. What am I?

Yes You are wind.
No You are a war cry.
No You are music.

You can burn me, build a home from me, and carve me. There are countless ways to use me. Tell me my name.

No You are fabric.
Yes You are wood.
No You are bone.

From pain and a scream, I bring newness into the world. From me, all legends begin. Reveal my name.

No You are the sunrise.
No You are a dream.
Yes You are birth.

Your hand cannot contain me. Your eye cannot see me. I am fleeting when held, but you can catch me if you stand still. What am I?

No Time.
Yes Breath.
No Hope.

I am beautiful in the winter sun, but brutal to the touch. I am a danger overhead and underfoot. What is my name?

Yes You are ice.
No You are steel.
No You are the teeth of my foe.

I will devour you from the inside out. I must be conquered every day, or I will take your life. Only in death can you stop me. Who am I?

No You are the wind.
Yes You are hunger.
No You are my enemy.

I blind hunters, frighten children, and no door can keep me out, yet each night I return. What am I?

No You are a leopard.
No You are sleep.
Yes You are darkness.

Cultivate me and I will grow. If you are worthy, I will become something that will last forever. Speak my name.

Yes You are a legend.
No You are a statue.
No You are laughter.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 9:53am On Mar 11, 2017
Yeoja:

I agree that it is the newer version that is being described (missed that!)
A CD is thin and colourful *
Is crisp that is firm but breakable*
Is clear*
Can hold memories etc as stated*
Crinkle is what i dont think matches the CD
However, if an explanation comes up for the Crinkle description it could be a CD.
The older version could be the picture you posted or a floppy diskette since they are both storage devices.
What do you guys think?

PS: Yes i woke up early for this lol

Perhaps this could solve the crinkle part?

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2017
maryjabeez:

we have to work as a team. jezsaying#

My thoughts exactly.

Some people wld just be viewing waiting for the answer to drop from above
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Longman6(m): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2017
maryjabeez:

my tots exactly, imagine 9 people are viewing as a guest. smh. The aim of this, is to see how we pull our weight as a group. undecided

I wanted to say the same yesterday,
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Emirates101: 10:14am On Mar 11, 2017
I have two options , a CD or a Passport photo.. the only description that doesn't fit the CD is the "crinkle" tbh. Everything else is apt
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Longman6(m): 10:18am On Mar 11, 2017
Emirates101:
I have two options , a CD or a Passport photo.. the only description that doesn't fit the CD is the "crinkle" tbh. Everything else is apt
Neither does a passport hold the thoughts of tomorrow... a passport probably doest have an old version(partially)...
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by jamestry: 10:20am On Mar 11, 2017
Well,I also think its a picture(a picture depicting some level of boisterous activity) or an old Passport photograph.

But then, do they want an old copy that is crinkled or an old copy that is recreated?

Are they requesting for two of the same picture or two different pictures?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Chy27: 10:56am On Mar 11, 2017
mayoor15:
Thin and colourful, custodian of dreams and wishes adorned; holding the thoughts of yesterday and the hopes of tomorrow
Of pictures, of speeches, of words with lasting laughter that stays the same time and time again
The wave of a hand, never destroying
Crinkle, crisp, clear – described
Bring an old version of me for your next stage.....2 copies.

Welcome to Stage 2!!! ...The Search

Please any clue cos am clueless right now
Old passport photograph
Maybe black and white.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply)

Salary For Customs(custom Recruitment) / The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme / How Can One Get A Job At Shoprite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.