Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 (113711 Views)

Ecobank Nigeria Intensive Graduate Program 2017 / Apply For The Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Management Trainee Program 2017 / The Lagos State Graduate Internship Program 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by jamestry: 10:58am On Mar 11, 2017
guys!!! I think i found it.......The guy who suggested the Old CD player was correct
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by jamestry: 11:04am On Mar 11, 2017
Check out the meaning of Record from the Oxford Dictionary.....Also check out the meaning of Crinkle and crinkly from the Oxford Dictionary.....

Use the advanced Oxford learners dictionary and not the recent dictionaries...... thin is used in both definitions and remember also that there are thin lines on the Old CD
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Bamz(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2017
jamestry:
guys!!! I think i found it.......The guy who suggested the Old CD player was correct

CD player? cheesy
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 11:26am On Mar 11, 2017
jamestry:
Check out the meaning of Record from the Oxford Dictionary.....Also check out the meaning of Crinkle and crinkly from the Oxford Dictionary.....

Use the advanced Oxford learners dictionary and not the recent dictionaries...... thin is used in both definitions and remember also that there are thin lines on the Old CD

Kindly help paste both definitions please.

Cos my own dictionary definition of crinkle no even follow at all sad
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by SacrodAYAN: 11:40am On Mar 11, 2017
jamestry:

An item of information put into a temporary or permanent physical medium.
Any instance of a physical medium on which information was put for the purpose of preserving it and making it available for future reference.
A vinyl disc on which sound is recorded and may be replayed on a phonograph.
(computing) A set of data relating to a single individual or item.
The most extreme known value of some achievement, particularly in competitive events.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Tee2014: 11:57am On Mar 11, 2017
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by msRager: 12:19pm On Mar 11, 2017
I think it is an open learning field in my opinion, geing the riddle is one thing presenting it is another. we are all here to reason together, its not every man for himself..

Tee2014:
Guys as much as A "CD" sounds perfect, except with the dangling premise of the word "crinkle".

Firstly, I would you all to take note of the word "of" which is a preposition that relates a "part" to the "whole". Which means that the item can actually be seen or found in "pictures, speeches, words with lasting laughter" not necessarily meaning that the item actually contains such.

Secondly, as much as everyone who is contributing and has contributed here, has good intentions, there are individuals "guests' and non-contributing individuals that just want to sabotage our combined efforts.
As you all would have noticed, this is also another "sieving out" stage, and despite this show of teamwork, no one would want his or her place to be taken unfairly.

So i'll suggest we restrict the use of this platform, for giving tips alone, and not the final "answer", that in itself is enough for whomever and whosoever that decides to contribute or not. It pays to receive the benefits and rewards of hardwork.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Tee2014: 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2017
Tee2014:
LOL, Tell me, what will be left to present or deduce? if we give the tips, and the "solution" and state why we think our tips match the solution? No one at this stage is unintelligent. That was why i suggested giving tips alone, and leaving the deductions and conclusion out. But well our opinions differ as well as our values. My thoughts though.

Okay so what are your tips?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Tee2014: 12:45pm On Mar 11, 2017
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Longman6(m): 12:45pm On Mar 11, 2017
Tee2014:
Guys as much as A "CD" sounds perfect, except with the dangling premise of the word "crinkle".

Firstly, I would you all to take note of the word "of" which is a preposition that relates a "part" to the "whole". Which means that the item can actually be seen or found in "pictures, speeches, words with lasting laughter" not necessarily meaning that the item actually contains such.

Secondly, as much as everyone who is contributing and has contributed here, has good intentions, there are individuals "guests' and non-contributing individuals that just want to sabotage our combined efforts.
As you all would have noticed, this is also another "sieving out" stage, and despite this show of teamwork, no one would want his or her place to be taken unfairly.

So i'll suggest we restrict the use of this platform, for giving tips alone, and not the final "answer", that in itself is enough for whomever and whosoever that decides to contribute or not. It pays to receive the benefits and rewards of hardwork.

Sadly a part of me agrees with this guy, and i must admit that most folks on Nairaland don't share their knowledge with others when it comes to selective job opportunities like this, little wonder nobody has made it into all this selective organization on Nairaland of recent....lets change if it is possible...

Are there other possibilities asides a photograph and a compact Disk.?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Tee2014: 12:49pm On Mar 11, 2017

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2017
Tee2014:
Sadly enough, your first comment on any job thread is a request for an answer you haven't contributed to, you are an example of the people i just highlighted above. One of the reasons i feel i shouldn't contribute any further.

Are you okay?

If your answer is yes, then scroll back to previous pages on this thread and then come back to apologise for your false accusation
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Tee2014: 12:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 12:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
Tee2014:
Sorry, that was a mistake, corrected now.

smiley smiley
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by msRager: 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
clearly you have not seen my comments on deloitte stop quoting alternative facts!!

Tee2014:
Sadly enough, your first comment on any job thread is a request for an answer you haven't contributed to, you are an example of the people i just highlighted above. One of the reasons i feel i shouldn't contribute any further.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by supertonex(m): 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
Very dicey.
Compact disc so far is filling in correctly.
Not everybody has something to say so I think the slander on people reading and not commenting should reduce.
Some are trying to learn.
He who knows should put down the answer, who will be picked will be picked.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mYphhiRes: 1:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
mYphhiRes:

Okay so what are your tips?

Tee2014
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Deejames: 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
I really commend the the level of intelligence that has been displayed so far.

However, while giving those descriptions a closer look, do you think the CD meets the description in the second to last? That "a wave of hand, never destroying".

In my opinion, I think it's a newspaper or something like that. Imagine how one flips through pages of it (as if one is waving his hands which truly never destroys it). I think newspaper also meets all the other descriptions (I wouldn't want to analyse that so as not to bore you with a lenghty post). In that same regard, one thing I'd like to draw our attentions to is that the "crinkle, crisp, clear..." are used as verbs. Think of it in the context that the item is describing itself with this: I crinkle (fold), I crisp (clearly define things), and I clear (clarify). So while a CD could crisp and clear, it can't crinkle (which a newspaper does).

NB: all the synonyms I gave to the words above are gotten from my android phone's English dictionary.

What do you guys feel?

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Lynuche: 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2017
But is it thin and colourful...And what would be an older version?
Deejames:

However, while giving those descriptions a closer look, do you think the CD meets the description in the second to last? That "a wave of hand, never destroying".

In my opinion, I think it's a newspaper or something like that. Imagine how one flips through pages of it (as if one is waving his hands which truly never destroys it). I think newspaper also meets all the other descriptions (I wouldn't want to analyse that so as not to bore you with a lenghty post). In that same regard, one thing I'd like to draw our attentions to is that the "crinkle, crisp, clear..." are used as verbs. Think of it in the context that the item is describing itself with this: I crinkle (fold), I crisp (clearly define things), and I clear (clarify). So while a CD could crisp and clear, it can't crinkle (which a newspaper does).

NB: all the synonyms I gave to the words above are gotten from my android phone's English dictionary.

What do you guys feel?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by msRager: 1:20pm On Mar 11, 2017
the old diskette, the ones that go into cpu's then had like some form of covering that could be crisp and crinkle as it was paper
maryjabeez:

yeah i agree with the never destroying part cus that record CD is prone to damage. However, like someone said here even if you get the riddle and you cant defend how you fit into the firm doubt if you are getting in. I just pray some knowledge hoarders here wont be in my group. I bet some of this sahara hr peeps are reading this and laughing at us right now. cheesy. I know someone suggested a diskette before, not a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Tee2014: 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2017

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Ugegbe92(f): 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2017
In my opinion, I think it is a newspaper or a journal/diary because the wave of hand either depicts flipping through pages or the act of writing.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by supertonex(m): 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
A whole newspaper isn't thin I want to believe.

So could this be a cartoon page with all those stories of wise men who had dreams for Nigeria in Sunday or Saturday punch? It's colourful bla bla

Deejames:

What do you guys feel?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by bellyjean(m): 1:31pm On Mar 11, 2017
Well, I think it might be a picture of you as a baby.
OR

A write up about ur self, ur dreams, ur passion.

OR

A write up about your old self. Ur mistakes, the poor decisions u've made etc

The thin colourful, crisp (as in tender; crisp potato chips. But with crinkle preceding crisp, the meaning has been delineated) Albeit, an old picture of you still suffice.

Custodian of dreams, wishes... in my own opinion is still the baby version of me.

The wave of a hand, never destroying. Crinkle, crisp, clear -described. Could mean ur baby photo album grin grin

OR

A newspaper that carries the date October 1, 1960. grin grin
Cos those lines could be describing Nigeria at her independence.

Again, judging from the previous tasks, the answer to this may not be personal to the candidates but be a general thing that the candidates must get
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Ugegbe92(f): 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
Another interesting angle
bellyjean:
Well, I think it might be a picture of you as a baby.
OR

A write up about ur self, ur dreams, ur passion.

OR

A write up about your old self. Ur mistakes, the poor decisions u've made etc

The thin colourful, crisp (as in tender; crisp potato chips. But with crinkle preceding crisp, the meaning has been delineated) Albeit, an old picture of you still suffice.

Custodian of dreams, wishes... in my own opinion is still the baby version of me.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2017
Deejames:

What do you guys feel?
Before i made mention of a Compact Disk, believe me, i was hell bent it was a newspaper, then i asked my self, is a newspaper thin and colorful? My suggestion would be that, those of you that have your interview on the 14th should go with both a newspaper and an old compact disc, even a passport.

Truthfully, there could be more than one thing that fits into the description. it could be that all they want you to do is put a little effort. Come up with something that logically fit, and perhaps reasonable.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Longman6(m): 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2017
Deejames:

What do you guys feel?

Hello, i think a newspaper is gradually appearing to be a better alternative than the picture, though not totally,

Thin and colourful, mordern day newspapers are thin(like tissue pappers) and colorful(courtesy of Mtn and burial advert)

custodian of dreams and wishes adorned; holding the thoughts of yesterday and the hopes of tomorrow every newspaper you pick up has an historical perspective while holding out for the future in some sought of ways.. through suggestions and editorials and event that are sheduled to happen in future

Of pictures, of speeches, of words with lasting laughter that stays the same time and time again a newspaper contains all of this things except the laughter part which can be said to be captured

The wave of a hand, never destroying Crinkle, crisp, clear You wave your hands when turning through the pages of a newspaper, the lines are clear... Am yet to fully understand theme of Crinkle...

So far only a picture contends with this.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by bellyjean(m): 2:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
Longman6:

Hello, i think a newspaper is gradually appearing to be a better alternative than the picture, though not totally,

Thin and colourful, mordern day newspapers are thin(like tissue pappers) and colorful(courtesy of Mtn and burial advert)

custodian of dreams and wishes adorned; holding the thoughts of yesterday and the hopes of tomorrow every newspaper you pick up has an historical perspective while holding out for the future in some sought of ways.. through suggestions and editorials and event that are sheduled to happen in future

Of pictures, of speeches, of words with lasting laughter that stays the same time and time again a newspaper contains all of this things except the laughter part which can be said to be captured

The wave of a hand, never destroying Crinkle, crisp, clear You wave your hands when turning through the pages of a newspaper, the lines are clear... Am yet to fully understand theme of Crinkle...

So far only a picture contends with this.

Yeah. A very old newspaper
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by structural94: 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
I MUST ADMIT.... I'VE BEEN PRETTY IMPRESSED WITH IDEAS I'VE SEEN SO FAR.... YOU GUYS NO DOUBT DESERVE THE SUCCESS MAILS YOU GOT.... AND IT'S QUITE UNFORTUNATE THAT SOME OF US ARE INACTIVE, IT'S POSSIBLE THEY DON'T HAVE WHAT TO SAY, LET'S NOT ALLOW THAT DERAIL THE GOOD THING WE'VE STARTED... THAT BEING SAID...
IT'S FUNNY A NEWS PAPER DOESN'T STRIKE A CHORD IN MY HEAD....
THE OPTIONS I HAVE ARE PHOTOGRAPH (OLD ONE), DISKETTE, AND CERTIFICATE.....
I FEEL THE WRITE UP IS KINDA DESCRIPTIVE, HENCE WE MIGHT BE WRONG TO TAKE THE LITERAL MEANING...
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Izen: 2:09pm On Mar 11, 2017
supertonex:
Very dicey.
Compact disc so far is filling in correctly.
Not everybody has something to say so I think the slander on people reading and not commenting should reduce.
Some are trying to learn.
He who knows should put down the answer, who will be picked will be picked.

What if it is a video cassette?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (33) (Reply)

The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme / How Can One Get A Job At Shoprite? / Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.